Bills injuries - Milano , Da Jones, Floyd

DJB

22 minutes ago, NickelCity said:

Without White, Milano and Jones, I don't think this team has the horses to win a championship. 

Fingers crossed for an in-season return for both Milano and Jones.

Load up the offense.  

Everything we do has to change if we lose Milano and Jones.  

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Gambit said:

Interesting on Milano.  If it was a broken bone, x-rays would confirm that at stadium.

Not knowing definitely, might indicate some ligament/advanced imaging needed.

Not good on Daquan either...sounds like a torn or partially torn pec about to be announced.  Not a good time to just lose Ankou as well.

Managing 1 key injury is doable, but everything stacking up right now.  Not like we drop to a bottom tier team, but likely move from a top 5 to a borderline 15-20 unit.  Until we start getting healthy again.

1 hour ago, 34-78-83 said:

Oddly, this loss ( so far) is almost entirely on the supporting cast around Josh, and NOT the defense with 6 freaking injuries. Josh has also played extremely well

Agree.  It took Dorsey to long to recognize and adapt to the fact that the Jags were not going to let us have those short rhythm passes.  And 3rd down drops by Knox & Cook on the Bills first 2 drives set the tone for to many 3 and outs.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

Interesting on Milano.  If it was a broken bone, x-rays would confirm that at stadium.

Not knowing definitely, might indicate some ligament/advanced imaging needed.

Not good on Daquan either...sounds like a torn or partially torn pec about to be announced.  Not a good time to just lose Ankou as well.

Managing 1 key injury is doable, but everything stacking up right now.  Not like we drop to a bottom tier team, but likely move from a top 5 to a borderline 15-20 unit.  IF we start getting healthy again.

Fixed

Just now, SCBills said:

Good Times. 

London took us from 1 seed favorites to just figure out a way to get in. 

Something has to give.  It’s just been too much on the injury front last year and now, again, this year. 

They will get in, the D will still be middle of the pack at worst which means the offense will only win by 10 instead of like 4 TDs.

1 hour ago, Special K said:

This season is being flushed down the toilet in front of our eyes.

I knew it was too good to be true. Our defense was looking lights out, and now half of them are dead. Just unreal.

This is not something I wish on other teams, just interesting that it doesn't seem to happen to them the way it does us 😕

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, GunnerBill said:

Think that is the season. Sorry to be negative. But in two weeks we lost oir 2 best defenders. Von clearly can't go yet. And our safeties are just too far gone. 

Ed Oliver, AJE and Bernard were brilliant. Not enough around them.

I tend to agree.  Mentioned up thread that 1 key iniury is "manageable", but just too .any stacking up on key guys.

Frustrating, but this happens every year to very good teams (Ravens, 49ers, others).  A game of attrition and frustrating when we've built a team to contend right now.

This is the exact reason why you don't go "all in", not directed at you, but others who've advocated for this (ie: Dhop, others).

We will see what officially Milano/Jones time frames are - optimistic it's 6-10 weeks; and can get guys back for playoff push. 

• Agree 1

27 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Think that is the season. Sorry to be negative. But in two weeks we lost oir 2 best defenders. Von clearly can't go yet. And our safeties are just too far gone. 

I just can't understand how this keeps happening.

We had an unbelievable amount of injures on D last year.  It was a good feeling to get away from last season and get guys back healthy.

This season is somehow shaping up to be even worse if that's even possible.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Sad 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

I just can't understand how this keeps happening.

We had enough injures on D last year to last multiple seasons.

This season is somehow shaping up to be even worse if that's even possible.

I feel deflated, man. 

Two silver linings:

1. I could walk home.

2. The mighty Gunners made the walk home a successful one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I would argue that Daquon Jones was better than White so far, but I won’t be surprised if he has a torn pec and is out for the season too. Just trying to bring a little positivity!

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, dave mcbride said:

I would argue that Daquon Jones was better than White so far, but I won’t be surprised if he has a torn pec and is out for the season too. Just trying to bring a little positivity!

You have managed to make me feel worse not better 🤣🤣

• Haha (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

I knew it was too good to be true. Our defense was looking lights out, and now half of them are dead. Just unreal.

This is not something I wish on other teams, just interesting that it doesn't seem to happen to them the way it does us 😕

Overreact much?

28 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think we can make the playoffs, but no way we win the SB missing Milano, Jones and White. Especially with Poyer and Hyde a step slower this season.

Teams are going to own the TOP battle the rest of the year. Offense will have to be flawless.

• Agree 2

29 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Agree it’s over. Any excitement I Had is gone. The issue is that our offense isn’t consistent enough to overcome the crappy defense now. 

• Agree 1

50 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

look at what hoseface and his merry band of idiots were able to do to us today (especially on 3rd down) sans Tre White and Milano, and amplify it by like 5 when we (hopefully) get to the posteason and face Mahomes and the chosen ones.

The issue was offense not defense. For all the injuries on defense the Jags only scored 11 points going into the 4th quarter…..offense had 7.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BBFL said:

Milano and Floyd could be absolute killers if it’s a decent length of time. Floyd has been remarkable as well as Milano. Two of the biggest consistencies in our defense through the start to this season…

I believe Floyd came back in to the game.

1 minute ago, DapperCam said:

I think we can make the playoffs, but no way we win the SB missing Milano, Jones and White. Especially with Poyer and Hyde a step slower this season.

Teams are going to own the TOP battle the rest of the year. Offense will have to be flawless.

Can escape any one of them other than Milano. He’s more important IMO. Milano>Jones>White. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I would argue that Daquon Jones was better than White so far, but I won’t be surprised if he has a torn pec and is out for the season too.

He has been low key making everyone look great. But I recall Spielman playing with a torn pec for most of the season (while with Detroit) - he had the blood drained out after each game!

Milano... it look bad. So many injuries on the D. Whyyyyyyyyyy. Bernard chose to have his worse game yet when he was the one left... 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, bills742 said:

I believe Floyd came back in to the game.

You’re right. He did. My bad. Just used to him making a play here or there. Was non existent other than a solo tackle after Jags first drive in the second half. 

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I feel deflated, man. 

Two silver linings:

1. I could walk home.

2. The mighty Gunners made the walk home a successful one.

I'm beginning to think maybe we should be starting our second team defense.

That way, after the football Gods are done taking their wrath out on us with injuries, we'll be back to the first team D.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.