Jalen Ramsey question

So, I noticed during the Dolphins game that it was mentioned several times that the Phins were missing Jalen Ramsey. It seemed that it was mentioned as a qualifier for the reason that Allen and Diggs were having the game that they were having. First of all, am I being too sensitive about what the commentators were saying? Secondly, is Jalen Ramsey really that good? I mean it seems to me that Allen and Diggs have been having their way with him ever since he felt the need to call Allen trash or garbage (I think that’s what he used). I remember the Jags game and the Rams game, did I miss another one were he actually had a good game against the Bills?

I guess that’s three questions, oops….ahhhh, asking for friend.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, NY to VA to NV to TX to AZ said:

So, I noticed during the Dolphins game that it was mentioned several times that the Phins were missing Jalen Ramsey. It seemed that it was mentioned as a qualifier for the reason that Allen and Diggs were having the game that they were having. First of all, am I being too sensitive about what the commentators were saying? Secondly, is Jalen Ramsey really that good? I mean it seems to me that Allen and Diggs have been having their way with him ever since he felt the need to call Allen trash or garbage (I think that’s what he used). I remember the Jags game and the Rams game, did I miss another one were he actually had a good game against the Bills?

Allen and Diggs torch Ramsey.  They would have done no better

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, juno999 said:

It may not have made much difference but Kohou covered Diggs because Ramsey was out.

I'm going to have to disagree with this as I did not see Kohou covering anybody.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 17
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

It’s the go to for announcer’s. He was the sauce shut down corner according to the media.. before sauce. He also had a lot to say and that mattered until he started getting burned a bit. Matters more when Bills DL was so effective and they didn’t bring up Von and Poyer. But with some vulnerabilities in Phins D exposed it was easy and somewhat valid to bring up. 

1 hour ago, NY to VA to NV to TX to AZ said:

I can't wait until he is back, roast his ass just like Koho, or however it is spelled.

• Like (+1) 2

IMO Missing Jalean Phillips hurt more. Don't know what they expected from Ramsey.  His numbers against JA17 are abysmal. 

37 minutes ago, CoudyBills said:

I can't wait until he is back, roast his ass just like Koho, or however it is spelled.

Don't know what they can expect from someone coming back from recent knee surgery,  but ok.... 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, without a drought said:

I thought it was too warm for them.

When it's too warm for them... wait... that's not how it goes... 

1 hour ago, CoudyBills said:

Koho?

Squish the Fish!!!

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Simon said:

I'm going to have to disagree with this as I did not see Kohou covering anybody.

According to the refs, Kohou was doing a bit too much covering, right? (DPI, DH (declined) )

In another thread I gave a shoutout to this Chris Kouffman guy who seems to be a Dolphins Cover 1 type. 
His breakdown of Diggs long TD play is pretty funny (spoiler: it wasn't all Kohou's fault)

Watch these, worth it - I promise.

Now personally, I think he's dunking on Kohou and Jones a bit much.  Diggs works hard to build exceptional contact balance and strength, and I think 8 or 9 out of 10 WR in the NFL would have gone down as Kohou did have at least one of Diggs legs.  But still....

Edited by Beck Water
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, QLBillsFan said:

It’s the go to for announcer’s. He was the sauce shut down corner according to the media.. before sauce. He also had a lot to say and that mattered until he started getting burned a bit. Matters more when Bills DL was so effective and they didn’t bring up Von and Poyer. But with some vulnerabilities in Phins D exposed it was easy and somewhat valid to bring up. 

They mentioned Poyer being out at the beginning of the game. No need after that because Rapp and DH played great. Romo mentioned Von in the middle of the game with a “and this is without Miller” comment. Kind of lost in the shuffle with Romo’s adorations for Milano though. Props to them for pointing out how impactful Milano and Bernard are though. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Simon said:

I agree with others,Josh has owned ramsey every time he has played them.  Back in 2000 I think we played the Rams at home, and Diggs had a TD against him.

So no,even if ramsey played, we beat them just as bad

8 hours ago, NY to VA to NV to TX to AZ said:

You're not. And, NO, he is not that good---that is why he kept himself out of the game. Diggs embarrassed him last year; he did not want that again on a national stage.

24 minutes ago, Kmart128 said:

Ramsey is nost overrated player in NFL. Media loves him cause he used to be elite with Jaguars but ever since then he has been horrible. And its evident to any fan that watches football. He gets burnt far to often to be as good as he is portrayed

Agreed. Josh Trucked his punk butt amd threw at him successfully even as a rookie.

10 hours ago, NewEra said:

He’s better than Kohou.

So am I, 🤣

2 hours ago, CSBill said:

You're not. And, NO, he is not that good---that is why he kept himself out of the game. Diggs embarrassed him last year; he did not want that again on a national stage.

I'm not sure I'm reading this correctly, but Ramsey had surgery and will be out until probably December.

He's good, but overrated, much like many of the "great" corners these days. I don't think there are any true lockdown corners anymore. Part of that is the evolution of offenses. Part of that is rules changes.

Ramsey is good, though, but Diggs eats good corners for breakfast out of spite. Diggs can beat anyone, and regularly proves that.

3 hours ago, CSBill said:

Why do you think he kept himself out of the game? He was injured in a practice in July and underwent meniscus repair surgery. He was always going to miss this game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.