Davante Adams trade speculation…UPDATE: Schefter says no chance he is traded today (link pg 17)

Alphadawg7

18 minutes ago, Einstein's Dog said:

Totally with you on this. Mike Evans seems like a great guy, easy to root for, ready to accept a WR2ish role (already kind of doing it in Tampa).

Got to hope for the Tampa collapse continuing, losing 4 out of the next 5.  Culminating with a thorough butt whipping by the Bills on Thursday night right before the trade deadline.

Tell Evans to pack heavy for the road trip. Like…..a moving van!   😋

• Like (+1) 1

Adam’s with Josh and Diggs would be spectacular but I don’t see it happening as Adam’s is on a huge contract that won’t fit in with the Bills long term cap situation. I think if the Bills go out there and make a WR acquisition it will be a one year rental like a WR on an expiring contract like Mike Evans or Jerry Jeudy. 

4 hours ago, mrags said:

Channel 9 Reaction GIF by The Block

His base salary for this season is $6M so if they acquired him at mid-season the Bills would only need around $3M in cap room.

If he's awesome, you re-work his deal or just add some void years to it to keep him next season because the deal he signed in 2022 was really just a 3 year deal.

If he continues to be one of the 2 best WR in the entire NFL for both of those years then you consider re-working his deal  when his cap hits get crazy.

The issue is entirely with how the Raiders would create room on THEIR end.

4 hours ago, Einstein's Dog said:

With respect to in-season trade targets I would rather have Mike Evans, and Mike Evans is more realistic IMO.

I think the Bills want someone who can accept being #2 on our team, have a contract that overlaps Diggs by a year at least (for Diggs insurance- he has shown some stability problems, much as D Adams is kind of doing).  And there is a budget, probably a flexible budget but it doesn't seem to be unlimited.

As much as I like Evans I think you are a bit dug in on this idea if you wouldn't prefer the GREAT Adams to the very good Mike Evans........and also think acquiring an impending free agent would be better for the budget than a guy like Adams who would have only about $20M in cap hits combined in 2023-2024.    Mike Evans is probably looking for something like 4 years $80M+ on the open market.

5 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

As much as I like Evans I think you are a bit dug in on this idea if you wouldn't prefer the GREAT Adams to the very good Mike Evans........and also think acquiring an impending free agent would be better for the budget than a guy like Adams who would have only about $20M in cap hits combined in 2023-2024.    Mike Evans is probably looking for something like 4 years $80M+ on the open market.

This. I’d imagine the Raiders would want the bills to eat some money and trade a player plus pick back though… Considering McDaniel’s roots it’d likely be Knox in the ask for cap balance; maybe a D-lineman like Oliver though. 🤷‍♂️. Hard to tell how it would go. 

Evans on the other hand would likely just be for picks, and as an add on for a 2nd-4th…. Worth it. We’ll see how things play out. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, ProcessTruster said:

the salary cap exists to prevent wealthy owners/teams from stacking their rosters, among other reasons.

Without the salary cap, Ralph would have cheaped out the team into another city 20 years ago

Can't have it both ways

Ralph literally made provisions that  upon his death made it nearly impossible for the Bills to be moved.

• Thank you (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Bobby Hooks said:

Let me start by saying I love me some Diggs. But I’d consider a multi-team trade or swap straight up that includes him. It might just be all of the off-season chatter. But Diggs seems unhappy to me. 

He just seems bummed, even when he makes a play. Maybe it’s in my head, but if he does want out, Adams makes a lot of sense. Don’t see Diggs wanting to go to the Raiders which is why I think a multi-team trade would make more sense. 

IMG_4284.jpeg

6 hours ago, stevewin said:

Harty and a 5th

See the trouble with this is that it's an asymmetrical trade.  You're giving up a WR to get a WR which is even steven but then you're also sending over a draft pick which can be used to get another player.  So that's two players for one, not fair for us.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.