Steelers vs Browns: MNF

MasterStrategist

2 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Ball was a mile out of bounds. Clearly uncatchable. Which they rarely call anymore. 

Yeah i agree, it looked uncatchable.  Just sucks that the clear hold and yank kept peoples-jones from opening up to the sideline and making his best attempt.  

Just now, NewEra said:

Yeah i agree, it looked uncatchable.  Just sucks that the clear hold and yank kept peoples-jones from opening up to the sideline and making his best attempt.  

It was a blatant grab od the shoulder pad, but I'm glad to see the refs let it go. That was 100% uncatchable. 

8 minutes ago, Sierra Foothills said:

In every way, D Watson is a POS.

He and Haslam deserve each other.

The ball was not only uncatchable, he shouldn't have thrown it to a covered receiver.

How do you not throw that ball at Levi Wallace?

• Like (+1) 3

11 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

For those with a strong stomach, this is the opposite view of the Nick Chubb injury. Still not sure how he wanted to get up right after. This was just brutal, but no air cast or stabilizer when he left. Sure seems like it coulda been worse. Good luck to this very talented RB. 

I put the vomit emogi up because I almost did when I watched it.

• Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

For those with a strong stomach, this is the opposite view of the Nick Chubb injury. Still not sure how he wanted to get up right after. This was just brutal, but no air cast or stabilizer when he left. Sure seems like it coulda been worse. Good luck to this very talented RB. 

And that was as dirty of a hit you will see. He went right after the knee. It's a shame Fitzpatrick got hurt himself later on in the game. 

• Agree 1

Poor call at the end, clear def holding/DPI.  But it was likely not seen by the official.  

Bottom line, Watson and Browns choked away a very winnable game.  Similar to our loss last week.

Praying for best for Nick, that's a tough injury.  Minkah too, his chest injury might be serious.  Both teams have offensive issues to sort out, for different reasons. It looks like two 9-8 quality teams.

• Disagree 1

Just now, MasterStrategist said:

Poor call at the end, clear def holding/DPI.  But it was likely not seen by the official.  

Bottom line, Watson and Browns choked away a very winnable game.  Similar to our loss last week.

Praying for best for Nick, that's a tough injury.  Minkah too, his chest injury might be serious.  Both teams have offensive issues to sort out, for different reasons. It looks like two 9-8 quality teams.

Chubb done for at least the season

Probably more... That was gruesome

Just now, Bubba Gump said:

Same. I still don't know how he left on a cart with nothing on his injured knee and looking more pissed off than in pain. He's a tough bastard. 

That's called shock because he's had such a traumatic injury

That was one of the worst knee injuries I've ever seen

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

And that was as dirty of a hit you will see. He went right after the knee. It's a shame Fitzpatrick got hurt himself later on in the game. 

Not sure it's a dirty hit.  You tackle low/legs of stronger players.  It was an unfortunate component of football....injuries happen.  Minkah launched himself as Nick was being wrapped up.

Either way, hopefully Nick recovers/not as bad as it looked.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Was not a poor call. Did you not see where the ball landed? And screw Minkah, his hit on Chubb was dirty as it gets. Karma is a B word. 

1 minute ago, MasterStrategist said:

Not sure it's a dirty hit.  You tackle low/legs of stronger players.  It was an unfortunate component of football....injuries happen.  Minkah launched himself as Nick was being wrapped up.

Either way, hopefully Nick recovers/not as bad as it looked.

What made it look so bad, is that Chubb was already wrapped up and going to the ground. Then Fitzpatrick seemed to missile himself into Chubb's knee. Hard to know if it was intent or not in the heat of the moment. I shouldn't put all the blame on Minkah, but it didn't look good. 

Just now, Bubba Gump said:

Was not a poor call. Did you not see where the ball landed? And screw Minkah, his hit on Chubb was dirty as it gets. Karma is a B word. 

Yeah People's Jones couldn't make a play (jump/outstretch his arms) because he was being held and restricted.  It's the rules, holding at least as I said.

If you think that hit was dirty, go watch football at any level this week.  Guessing you'll be calling alot of players "dirty".  It's unfortunate/bad timing, but it's going low on a bigger player.

6 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Chubb done for at least the season

Probably more... That was gruesome

That's called shock because he's had such a traumatic injury

That was one of the worst knee injuries I've ever seen

I said he must've been in shock myself. Only thing I could come up with. 

Yeah People's Jones couldn't make a play (jump/outstretch his arms) because he was being held and restricted.  It's the rules, holding at least as I said.

If you think that hit was dirty, go watch football at any level this week.  Guessing you'll be calling alot of players "dirty".  It's unfortunate/bad timing, but it's going low on a bigger player.

Read my last post. I corrected myself. But if the ball is thrown 5 yards out of bounds and is impossible to catch in bounds, it's determined "uncatchable" therefore what happened in the field of play has no bearing on the outcome. It's in the rules. 

3 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Read my last post. I corrected myself. But if the ball is thrown 5 yards out of bounds and is impossible to catch in bounds, it's determined "uncatchable" therefore what happened in the field of play has no bearing on the outcome. It's in the rules. 

The refs didn't rule it uncatchable though.  They can signal a pad uncatchable. They didn't. 

3 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Again it's not "uncatchable", when you can't outstretch your arms or jump.

https://x.com/SharpFootball/status/1703978648154390982?s=20

Ball didn't land 5 yards OOB, because it was overthrown.  You can see the ball just go over Donovans hands, while being restricted...thats a penalty

Again it's not "uncatchable", when you can't outstretch your arms or jump.

https://x.com/SharpFootball/status/1703978648154390982?s=20

Ball didn't land 5 yards OOB, because it was overthrown.  You can see the ball just go over Donovans hands, while being restricted...thats a penalty

Whatever. I guess you know the rule book better than everyone else. My bad. I will forever bow to your football wisdom. 

• Eyeroll 1

36 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

This makes me so happy. I hate the Browns and hope they choke on Watson’s fully guaranteed contract.  

Watson's 3 remaining years have cap hits of $64M every year plus $9M in a void year.

Choke is a mild description of how xxxxxx they are.  

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/deshaun-watson-21753/

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

45 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Praying for Nick too. These injuries make it hard to watch the games at times. 

15 minutes ago, Bubba Gump said:

Dolphins and Ravens the only 2-0 teams in the AFC. That's not gonna last long. There's gonna be 16 teams "in the hunt" all season. 

definitely not going to be 16 teams in the hunt all season, but I get your point 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, major said:

Praying for Nick too. These injuries make it hard to watch the games at times. 

Not to mention the officiating. It's def getting difficult.

Just now, NewEra said:

definitely not going to be 16 teams in the hunt all season, but I get your point 

I hear you. But after only 2 weeks, not one team seems dominant. KC is always gonna be near the top, especially after getting Jones and Kelce back. Cincy might be screwed with Burrow's lingering injury. Miami looks good. The Ravens aren't as good as their 2-0 record. If the Bills can keep playing like they did Sunday, and keep Allen under control...then get Von back? Could be a great season. 

• Agree 1

Those are two awful offenses. 

Neither can pass protect. Pickens is the only receiver from the two teams I think is any good at this stage. And both Quarterbacks are big play or nothing. Cleveland without Chubb can't make the playoffs. Steelers with that offense have no chance.

Yuck. 

Two excellent defenses mind you.

• Like (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.