YouTube TV Sunday Ticket Week 2 review…

eball

Man, I already love the way YTTV does the Ticket so much more than DirecTV with ONE major exception…I really liked Andrew Siciliano’s RZ and I can’t stand the dude who does the “standard” RZ channel.  I almost have to mute it — he’s that bad.

That said, I had to start watching the Bills late because of another commitment and the “watch key plays to catch up to live” feature is outstanding!

As noted last week, the tremendous variety of “multiview” options for each game is also a game-changer and crushes DirecTV’s old 8-game or 4-game window with no ability to individualize.

Google got this one right.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, eball said:

Man, I already love the way YTTV does the Ticket so much more than DirecTV with ONE major exception…I really liked Andrew Siciliano’s RZ and I can’t stand the dude who does the “standard” RZ channel.  I almost have to mute it — he’s that bad.

That said, I had to start watching the Bills late because of another commitment and the “watch key plays to catch up to live” feature is outstanding!

As noted last week, the tremendous variety of “multiview” options for each game is also a game-changer and crushes DirecTV’s old 8-game or 4-game window with no ability to individualize.

Scott Hanson is great!! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Vomit 1
  • Disagree 4
  • Agree 3
  • Dislike 1

We were having fits trying to get it to work. It kept asking for us to identify our location, and when we did so it only showed what country we were in.  Turns out we had to go into our Google account and add our zip code for our address so YouTube knew which games we could get.  Once we figured that out it was great!

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Zen moments appear like lost ad revenue to me. That won’t last forever 

Google's ad revenue was just a hair under a quarter of a trillion last year....i think they will be ok...lol  I'm sorry for you that you can't appreciate/enjoy those little moments in life.

Edited by Lagoon Blues
  • Eyeroll 1

13 minutes ago, eball said:

I noticed it loaded faster, and overall it was just crisper than DTV.

4 minutes ago, Lagoon Blues said:

Google's ad revenue was just a hair under a quarter of a trillion last year....i think they will be ok...lol  I'm sorry for you that you can't appreciate/enjoy those little moments in life.

I click on zen all the time. Anything to avoid drug commercials about people living the perfect life with a disease no one has ever heard of.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

It was a nightmare for me.

It took me 20 plus minutes to regain access on my mobile devices.

Really, YouTube?  You trusted my locations last week and then this week not so much?  And what you needed from me wasn’t even clickable?!

I went through setup yoga and finally got it.

This better not happen next week.  At least have someone working these first few weekends to help resolve issues.  Getting it resolved on Monday is a little pointless.

Otherwise, it has been good.

• Agree 1

I had to deal with locations again.. and was watching just fine.  Then my son logged in from college on his cellular device and my screen went blank and said something about another user.  my broadcast stopped recording.  Since I was on Wifi at home, and my son was the only other user streaming from another location I did not expect to have hiccups.  But we got it working Ok eventually.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, nucci said:

I click on zen all the time. Anything to avoid drug commercials about people living the perfect life with a disease no one has ever heard of.

And can recite drug is for multiple problems but they let the person who should be speaking in auction list all the possible side effects including death.

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, eball said:

I really liked Andrew Siciliano’s RZ and I can’t stand the dude who does the “standard” RZ channel.  I almost have to mute it — he’s that bad.

Respectfully disagree on this point...Big Ears rambled on too much during the action, I like how YTTV just let's the network announcers call the game without butting in.

Also found that YTTV switches from game to game a lot faster...liking that feature as well.

• Agree 2

Just now, Ned Flanders said:

Respectfully disagree on this point...Big Ears rambled on too much during the action, I like how YTTV just let's the network announcers call the game without butting in.

Also found that YTTV switches from game to game a lot faster...liking that feature as well.

Exactly. 

4 minutes ago, Ned Flanders said:

I miss MLB Network, which YTTV pulled right after I joined, and one of my local RSNs, MASN.  Other than that, it's been solid.

I have subscribed to MLB Extra Innings the past two seasons and that comes with MLB Network. They offer specials throughout the season, I think i subscribed on July 4th for like $40. There are game blackouts depending on where you live. 

They also offer a free game to stream everyday if you don't want to pay for the subscription. 

Can I choose what to watch in multiview?

No. Our goal with multiview is to make it available to everyone with a television. Since most devices don’t have the hardware to support multiview, we have to do the processing of video feeds on our servers to make multiview possible.

This means that every unique combination watched in multiview uses limited data center and computational resources. Because each region has unique, local content, we are especially constrained on the number of combinations we can create that include local feeds. We try to select the best combinations based on expected popularity, and are always improving our processes.

I am having trouble with easy toggling back and forth between games.

Maybe it is just my remote, but I have to back out of the Bills game and go to “home” where I then look for other games. Then have to do the same when I want to get back to the Bills game. 

it’s not like DTV where I can just go up and down between channels, I don’t think. 

Any ideas?

1 hour ago, eball said:

I agree I like Siciliano better.

Everyone is going ga-ga over YT multiview - but in my opinion it was far superior with the old ST app.  In the old app you could drag and drop any combination of games you wanted into the window - and change them at will.  The current YT thing with having a bunch of preset combinations is silly to me - I have to believe (hope) that eventually they will make an update to the SW to let you select the game combinations you want.

Also  - the multiview is only available on smart TV app - so where I used to be able to bring up multi-window of other games on my computer browser and set it up on large monitor next to my big TV showing the Bills game, now I have to drag an extra smart TV into the room if I want to watch other games in multi-window which is truly ridiculous.

Edited by stevewin

3 hours ago, eball said:

Siciliano’s ears are distracting.:thumbdown:

image.jpeg.f1544c924d047e97cb223319ff377d43.jpeg

Edited by Rico
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Maybe it is just my remote, but I have to back out of the Bills game and go to “home” where I then look for other games. Then have to do the same when I want to get back to the Bills game. 

it’s not like DTV where I can just go up and down between channels, I don’t think. 

Any ideas?

that is main issue I have no quick way to switch back and forth.   Plus with DTV I could create my own side by side multi view using the PIP feature.   Overall I am impressed I thought it would be a major cluster F 

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

Any ideas?

The only negative I have so far and nothing on how to improve it

• Thank you (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

I love the fact that you can replay the entire game.

I am having no luck starting the game on delay or watching it in full after the game is over. I save it to my recordings (watch later) but get the “this event was live streamed and not available for replay” message. How are you accessing the replay? 

As for starting it late, there is no ability to rewind while the game is live.

My experience with the YouTube version of ST has been abysmal. 

1 hour ago, eball said:

Eball preferring Siciliano to Hanson is so on-brand it hurts.

17 minutes ago, nucci said:

there are a couple channels I miss but saving a lot of money

I’ve seen this take posted up for months now, but don’t forget that you have to take in to account what your high speed internet costs too….no high speed internet, no YTTV. With DIRECTV, obviously you did not need to have high speed internet.

14 minutes ago, nucci said:

Can I choose what to watch in multiview?

No. Our goal with multiview is to make it available to everyone with a television. Since most devices don’t have the hardware to support multiview, we have to do the processing of video feeds on our servers to make multiview possible.

This means that every unique combination watched in multiview uses limited data center and computational resources. Because each region has unique, local content, we are especially constrained on the number of combinations we can create that include local feeds. We try to select the best combinations based on expected popularity, and are always improving our processes.

This is silly - so I can't select my own games so you can save money on data center expenses?   Fine - all computers have the ability - make selecting any game avail on web browser and if you feel it necessary, keep your stupid pre-selected feeds for the TV app to save on your precious "data center and computational resources"

9 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

I’ve seen this take posted up for months now, but don’t forget that you have to take in to account what your high speed internet costs too….no high speed internet, no YTTV. With DIRECTV, obviously you did not need to have high speed internet.

I have high speed internet regardless of my TV. Doesn't everybody? I didn't just get internet for youtube TV

Edited by nucci
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, VaMilBill said:

Is there a way where I can pair the multi view down to two games only so they are bigger on my screen?

Another problem is that if you’re not in the Buffalo area, but you are in a city with their own NFL team, and you want to go side-by-side with the Bills game and your home city’s game, you can’t, because your home city game is blacked out on YTTV. You have to have another TV going to watch it “over the air”, or just on another cable platform (if you’re paying for that) such as Xfinity.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.