Elam a healthy scratch part deux (now part TRES) (now part QUATRO)

FireChans

56 minutes ago, boyst said:

I know the difference between a boundary and field corner. I was a coach in college and High School but thanks for dummies book. I don't know why it was directed at my comment about Siran Neal. Its clear that Benford and Jackson will be the starters moving forward. If your argument is that Neal is a boundary corner vs Elam who is a field corner and Elam will get in before Neal about that then maybe you should explain that. 

10 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I know the difference between a boundary and field corner. I was a coach in college and High School but thanks for dummies book. I don't know why it was directed at my comment about Siran Neal. Its clear that Benford and Jackson will be the starters moving forward. If your argument is that Neal is a boundary corner vs Elam who is a field corner and Elam will get in before Neal about that then maybe you should explain that. 

it wasn't directed at you, it was a reply for you and the board. a lot of people don't know those differences.

furhter, neal is more of a nickel backup than outside corner. i think that's been seen in his abilities.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

What makes you say Elam is a field corner?

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Personal BS of Elam not performing as well as the corners in front of him?

He's the third CB now. He won't be starting, but he should be active.

Are there any whispers about this? 

1 hour ago, Teddy KGB said:

Bump, this man starting now or he on the drugs and the outs ? 

Any rumors, or wild guess?

Just now, HoofHearted said:

What makes you say Elam is a field corner?

I didn't I was just responding to the previous poster who just explained himself. I thought his argument was Elam was a field corner. I'll be honest, I'm probably not the guy to give love to Elam regardless. I hated the pick and he hasn't proven me wrong. I didn't love Torrence pick either and he has shut me up real good though. 

2 minutes ago, DapperCam said:

If Elam is healthy scratched again this week, then we'll really know that something funky is up. Otherwise I think we can apply Occam's Razor, and assume he was just outplayed by the players ahead of him on the depth chart.

Unless Elam can't fly to London or he comes down with an injury, there is zero chance he is scratched.  Probably no chance he is scratched again this season.

15 minutes ago, Scott7975 said:

Unless Elam can't fly to London or he comes down with an injury, there is zero chance he is scratched.  Probably no chance he is scratched again this season.

I've been very surprised he's been scratched at all up until this point, so I guess we'll see.

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Serious question- turning into #1 biggest mcbean bust ? 

wtf makes this guy so useless at football when we see the defense starting safeties at linebacker because they are so talent deficient?

I have a hunch it's not so much on Elam.  I thought he played really well when he had his chances last year.

Could be a Zack Moss/Teller situation.  If he gets a chance on another team, it wouldn't shock me if he thrived.  Some guys just don't fit the 'system' here or something.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Success said:

I have a hunch it's not so much on Elam.  I thought he played really well when he had his chances last year.

Could be a Zack Moss/Teller situation.  If he gets a chance on another team, it wouldn't shock me if he thrived.  Some guys just don't fit the 'system' here or something.

I sure hope they don’t have glaring blind spot’s keeping desperately needed talent off of the field. 

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

I sure hope they don’t have glaring blind spot’s keeping desperately needed talent off of the field. 

I think they do that at times.  I'm still not sure why Dorian Williams isn't being given much of a chance. I'll take his mistakes for long-term growth and a bigger upside, over what we know we're getting w/ Dodson.

Elam was bad in London, but that was such a weird game.  I thought he improved a lot the next week, and now he's not playing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Success said:

I think they do that at times.  I'm still not sure why Dorian Williams isn't being given much of a chance. I'll take his mistakes for long-term growth and a bigger upside, over what we know we're getting w/ Dodson.

Elam was bad in London, but that was such a weird game.  I thought he improved a lot the next week, and now he's not playing.

they clearly dislike him. Way too high of a pick not to contribute 

31 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Serious question- turning into #1 biggest mcbean bust ? 

wtf makes this guy so useless at football when we see the defense starting safeties at linebacker because they are so talent deficient?

Rd hats not why we start safeties at Lb

1 hour ago, Success said:

I know we rail a lot about McDermott's teams being unprepared, but I think this is another one of his failings.

He forces a system on players rather than building a system where they can succeed.  Chan Gailey, as awful as he was as a head coach for other reasons... made Fitz and Fred Jackson look great.  Imagine what a similar coordinator or head coach could do with the talent we have.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

Please elaborate.

And in reality:

The chiefs 3rd rd pick Wanya Morris hasn’t player one snap.

niners 3rd rd pick Cameron Latu hasn’t played one snap.

eagles 3rd rd pick Kelee Ringo has played one snap.  

jags 3rd rd pick tank big bay has played 17% of the snaps

ravens 3rd rd pick Trenton Simpson has played 2.8% of the snaps 

lions 3rd rd pick brodric Martin has played 0 snaps.

Bengals 3rd rd pick, Jordan Battle has played 14% of the snaps.

Dorian Williams has played 29.9% of the snaps. 

Miami (achane) is the only contender that is using their 3rd pick—- and he’s only played 23%

but Williams is way too high of a pick to not contribute.  Based on what exactly?

I think he meant Elam

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

Please elaborate.

And in reality:

The chiefs 3rd rd pick Wanya Morris hasn’t player one snap.

niners 3rd rd pick Cameron Latu hasn’t played one snap.

eagles 3rd rd pick Kelee Ringo has played one snap.  

jags 3rd rd pick tank big bay has played 17% of the snaps

ravens 3rd rd pick Trenton Simpson has played 2.8% of the snaps 

lions 3rd rd pick brodric Martin has played 0 snaps.

Bengals 3rd rd pick, Jordan Battle has played 14% of the snaps.

Dorian Williams has played 29.9% of the snaps. 

Miami (achane) is the only contender that is using their 3rd pick—- and he’s only played 23%

but Williams is way too high of a pick to not contribute.  Based on what exactly?

I think he meant Elam.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.