What will we be saying at around 4 pm on Sunday?

eball

20 hours ago, FireChans said:

I think Josh is going to continue to be his new shaky self. I expect at least one turnover. Probably a better game than his Jets meltdown, but nothing has seem to gotten through this dudes’ brain in the past, I have no idea why anyone would think this Jets game would be different.

That would be ridiculous.  If that's the case then coaching needs to start taking some very serious heat.  

The Raiders last season finished DFL in QB Rating allowed, DFL in INTs (6), 29th in Passing YPG, 30th in Sacks and Sack%, 31st in Passes Defensed, and 30th in Compl. % allowed.  They've done next to nothing in the offseason to have improved their D, and Perryman, owner of two of those whopping 6 INTs left in free agency.  Their INTs were against Murray, Purdy, Pickett, Geno Smith, Tannehill, and Davis Mills.  

If Allen can't shred that pass D in our home opener then things are far more amiss than anyone's letting on.  Wilson posted one of his best games compared to last season against them this past week completing 80% of his passes.  

The worry should be about our D against a very well balanced offense which they did upgrade with the addition of Jakobi Meyers, not great, but an upgrade, and which finished 11th in total yards last season, 11th in passing yards (with Carr), 17th in rushing yards, and 12th in scoring.   Jacobs is concerning.  

The Denver D posted similar numbers to the Jets' D last season too and had 7 more Takeaways.  

I hope our D isn't going into this game thinking that it's going to be like last week.  

26 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

That would be ridiculous.  If that's the case then coaching needs to start taking some very serious heat.  

The Raiders last season finished DFL in QB Rating allowed, DFL in INTs (6), 29th in Passing YPG, 30th in Sacks and Sack%, 31st in Passes Defensed, and 30th in Compl. % allowed.  They've done next to nothing in the offseason to have improved their D, and Perryman, owner of two of those whopping 6 INTs left in free agency.  Their INTs were against Murray, Purdy, Pickett, Geno Smith, Tannehill, and Davis Mills.  

If Allen can't shred that pass D in our home opener then things are far more amiss than anyone's letting on.  Wilson posted one of his best games compared to last season against them this past week completing 80% of his passes.  

The worry should be about our D against a very well balanced offense which they did upgrade with the addition of Jakobi Meyers, not great, but an upgrade, and which finished 11th in total yards last season, 11th in passing yards (with Carr), 17th in rushing yards, and 12th in scoring.   Jacobs is concerning.  

The Denver D posted similar numbers to the Jets' D last season too and had 7 more Takeaways.  

I hope our D isn't going into this game thinking that it's going to be like last week.  

Isn’t Jakobi concussed?

IMO the issue may be Allen’s coachability, but Allen has proven more than just about everyone else on the Bills. So he has the longest leash by default. If he won’t listen to these guys, he may need new guys.

8 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Isn’t Jakobi concussed?

IMO the issue may be Allen’s coachability, but Allen has proven more than just about everyone else on the Bills. So he has the longest leash by default. If he won’t listen to these guys, he may need new guys.

He might be, I didn't look at the injury report.  But even without him they'll be one of the more balanced offensive units we play this season.  

Not sure on the coachability thing, could be I suppose.  I typically link coachability to intellect and there doesn't appear to be any disconnect there.  

IMO if it is that, then it's because McD is a players coach more than he is a tactician or analytical type in his approach to the game, ... aka coaching.  

When a coach's strengths are "culture," and he's more concerned with hiring assistants that "he's familiar with, trusts, and has worked with before," rather than competent ones that have proven their competence, unlike pretty much anyone on his staff at the higher ranks, then I tend to question.  

I'm all but entirely convinced that McD isn't the man for the job if we want a Lombardi.  His offense has done less with more and goes as Allen goes with only rare exceptions.  In the playoffs it's been all Allen.  That's hardly a sign of competent coaching.  

Imagine where McD would have been with Manuel, Fitzpatrick, Orton, Losman, Edwards, or Taylor.  He wouldn't be here right now.  

• Agree 1

On 9/14/2023 at 6:31 PM, eball said:

I was literally and figuratively shocked at how Josh fell apart in the 2nd half Monday night.  It was completely unexpected, and I’m trying to wrap my head around whether Josh “gets it” that he needs to keep himself focused and on script when playing top defenses.  He says all the right things but he has to show it on the field.

I’m going to predict right now that Josh has a huge bounce-back game.  No turnovers and something like 70% completion rate.  I also think the ground game is going to show up big time.

What say you all?

Comments like this are getting beyond ridiculous.  PTI's Kornheiser said "In the last 19 games, Josh Allen he has 37 total turnovers", in his little tirade of trying to make Allen seem like he's some middle of the pack QB.  Well the Bills are 14 and 5 in the last 19 games, Tony.  

This fan base has lost their minds, seriously.  Of course one of the top 3 best QB's in the game is going to bounce back.  2 turnovers were bad, the other two, eh.  A fumble and not seeing the defender up the middle happens.  

He's a stud, an alien, a monster combined.  He's on the cover of Madden because he's one of the most outstanding players in the game.  Now he's got to prove himself to his own fanbase?  Get out of here with this nonsense.  He's had to overcome quite a bit being the QB of this team and had to do quite a lot on his own.  

Let's not talk about how the special teams, which has been absolutely laughable for years now - lost the game by allowing a punt return.  Seriously, a punt return, 65 yards in overtime.  Great job coaches.  Now our great QB has to take the brunt of your idiocy again.  

On 9/14/2023 at 4:46 PM, FireChans said:

I think Josh is going to continue to be his new shaky self. I expect at least one turnover. Probably a better game than his Jets meltdown, but nothing has seem to gotten through this dudes’ brain in the past, I have no idea why anyone would think this Jets game would be different.

The one thing Josh has going for him is the Raiders are terrible at getting turnovers. I believe they were last in the league last year. 

On 9/14/2023 at 4:47 PM, OZBILLS said:

Who knows. I have a bad feeling though.

I want to wake up and see a nice 50 piece thrown up

I hope they game planned around stopping Jacobs. He's going to touch the ball 25 times if the Bills don't get too far ahead. 

The guy can be dominant. The Bills run D has to be good. 

Gotta get Jimmy G out of rhythm too. Adams will likely makes some nice catches. 

I don't see a blue out here. I think the Bills win but it's gonna be a sweat. Personally, I'd like to see an easy Bills win. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/14/2023 at 6:31 PM, eball said:

I was literally and figuratively shocked at how Josh fell apart in the 2nd half Monday night.  It was completely unexpected, and I’m trying to wrap my head around whether Josh “gets it” that he needs to keep himself focused and on script when playing top defenses.  He says all the right things but he has to show it on the field.

I’m going to predict right now that Josh has a huge bounce-back game.  No turnovers and something like 70% completion rate.  I also think the ground game is going to show up big time.

What say you all?

Nailed it. Better than I even expected. Great bounce back game for the team. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.