Maddy Glab? Possibly trash talking Diggs on hot mic - Diggs responds via tweet

Reed83HOF

1 minute ago, jkeerie said:

If they did decide to can her over this incident, I wouldn't put it past Pegula to offer her an option to resign.

I hope that the multi-millionaire WR willl diffuse the situation so that the person who is presumably making a modest living by comparison does not lose her job.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Peter said:

I hope that the multi-millionaire WR willl diffuse the situation so that the person who is presumably making a modest living by comparison does not lose her job.

The problem isn't Diggs' reaction.  The problem is a representative of the Bills organization was caught on a hot mic dissing one of its star players.  If she were a member of the press it would be different.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I am not a Maddy Glab fan-boy, by any stretch. I find her hard to listen to, for an entire radio show. I say this, because after hearing her off and on over the last 4 years or so, I found her apology/excuse completely plausible.  When I first heard the audio, it wasn't identified who the reporter was (it was from a national source), but I recognized her voice immediately.   

The way she said it, I really believe she was just trying to be funny, with a colleague.  I can't even put into words this kind of humor, but I suspect we have all heard people talk like this, trying to be funny.  I really didn't beleive that she meant what she said, literally.  Her colleague was telling her that she should get an interview with Diggs (the most newsworthy Bill as of late) and she is telling her, in a funny way, that she wouldn't, because she doesn't have that kind of access to Diggs.  Nobody does.  It's like saying. "I'm going to ask my parents for $10,000 so I can by a guitar...my father will say "***** you, I'm not giving you money for a guitar" Even though I never heard my father use the F word, I say this to emphasize how opposed my father would be to this. The person I am relaying this to knows, my father didn't actually say "***** you" 

In other words, he speaks with the media, when he wants to...she (or other media members) don't go to him for interviews.  She wasn't speaking to everyone, only one person...unfortunately for her, it got caught on an open mic, and everyone is makeing it into a bigger deal than it really should be.  

At the same time, I sympathize with Diggs indignation over the remarks.  Because the world we live in now, it gives fuel to those who want to portray him as difficult. People like Florio are having an aneurysm, trying to drum up drama around Diggs.  I do think Diggs is much more media savvy and aware of his image than many want to give him credit for.  The national media types have been bending over backwards to paint a picture of him as being difficult, a cancer, a diva.  etc etc. 

It would be a shame if this helped precipitate the Bills losing Diggs...and it would be sad if Glab lost her job...for this. 

Edited by Buftex
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

On 9/13/2023 at 3:54 PM, FrenchConnection said:

Because everyone's freaking out about everything with this team. The owner's a racist, the WR swears at everyone, and the QB needs to grow up and watch more film. 

my fav was reading he should dump his GF. You KNOW a fanbase is delusional if they blame a significant other for a  bad game just sayin'

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

11 hours ago, jkeerie said:

The problem isn't Diggs' reaction.  The problem is a representative of the Bills organization was caught on a hot mic dissing one of its star players.  If she were a member of the press it would be different.

That is where we disagree. I don't think that she was dissing him.

He had the opportunity to diffuse the situation . . . especially after she profusely apologized. He decided not to be graceful.

Indeed, he could have shown the same grace that was shown to him after screaming at Josh during the Bengals game and an off season of cryptic social media posts etc.

Edited by Peter
  • Agree 1
  • Dislike 1

1 minute ago, SUNY_amherst said:

uh oh.... 

Princess Maddy in trouble lol

She was the rising star that no one could be critical of. Is she gonna lose her job over this? Professionalism should still be a thing 

It should be . . . especially if you are a multi-millionaire wide receiver . . . .

• Eyeroll 2

The Bills are 1-0 with Maddy banished to the back room.  Keep her there.

Alright, on a serious note, I'm sure she is inconsolable and not sleeping over this issue.  This has to be rock bottom for her.  I don't listen to the radio show or watch her video fluff pieces so I don't really care about missing her input.  But it's clear she wasn't trying to destroy Diggs publicly.  It was one of those insider conversations that someone put out there and while hurtful, it wasn't some nuclear revelation.  But she's a moron for saying it in the media room.

i cant believe this is still a thing.

this is the biggest nothing burger ever

a few weeks ago Yankees radio color commentator Suzyn Waldman was caught as they were coming back from commercial.."God this is boring" because the yankees have been striking out so much"  She didn't apologize and no one got all upset.

this whole thing is stupid.

Edited by MikePJ76
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

Well Diggs is performing his job at a high level so far in 2023

Princess Maddy not so much

You and he will be so proud if a person who makes a relatively modest living compared to a multi-millionaire WR loses her job.

God bless.

• Eyeroll 2

Lotta' virtue signaling for a very bottom of the roster Bills employed media person.

She had a video excerpt at the stadium during the game talking about the next gen stats around Allen's TD pass to Diggs in the Jets game.     Wasn't any booing from the crowd or anything but who really cares if she has to move on to another gig?   Does anyone think she adds anything that is difficult to replace?   If so, what?

On 9/13/2023 at 6:51 PM, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Why are people freaking out over this? Lol. 

It’s nothing really.

HOWEVER, it just understates the critical point that persons in the public digital eye need to be uber careful! As a Bills media expert and spokesperson, you should auto ASSUME tape is running, as soon as you leave home!

Don’t be stupid!

3 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I dont think she is good at her job and she just made a very unprofessional gaffe. I dont care how much money she makes.

Stefon Diggs is a multi-millionaire WR because he is really good at his job

God bless you too

It is clear that you don't care.

30 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

i cant believe this is still a thing.

this is the biggest nothing burger ever

a few weeks ago Yankees radio color commentator Suzyn Waldman was caught as they were coming back from commercial.."God this is boring" because the yankees have been striking out so much"  She didn't apologize and no one got all upset.

this whole thing is stupid.

Yeah, but you know, gotta appease the mobs in society.  That's what it's all about these days, social media mobs.

I don't even know the girl and only saw a few snippets of her gigs at camp, but nothing struck me as if she more of a color commentator than anything else.  Nothing struck me as impressive, and not that any of that matters.  

But dang, one little thing in a world where weeks ago everyone was all over Diggs like a cheap suit, and the reactions, ... SMH ...  

I guess on one hand she should be grateful that she has a job in that way.  I guess when you're employed by the team like that, it's more important to be a cheerleader than it is to be anything else.  I guess one has to remember that, mic on or off.  

Agree though, the extent of this is stupid over-the-top.  And for the love of civility, the girl deserves a mulligan either way.   

21 hours ago, Nephilim17 said:

I"m not a fan of Maddy — no insight and looks like a hire made to stop trotting out middle-aged men as commentators — but this article is fair and her comments were not that bad, especially considering she thought it was a private convo. And whoever leaked it was not ultimately trying to help the team.

I don’t think that the “no insights” criticism is valid. She is employed by the Bills, so she reports what they tell her to report. She would not make any insightful comments unless directed to do so. The further away from the Bills someone is, the better they can discuss such things. She’s as close as you can get. 

• Agree 1

40 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Lotta' virtue signaling for a very bottom of the roster Bills employed media person.

She had a video excerpt at the stadium during the game talking about the next gen stats around Allen's TD pass to Diggs in the Jets game.     Wasn't any booing from the crowd or anything but who really cares if she has to move on to another gig?   Does anyone think she adds anything that is difficult to replace?   If so, what?

There are a lot of simps in 'modern' society

• Like (+1) 1

So I learned this whole situation was leaked by the reporter who she is taking to and he is essentially on thin ice with everyone. That reporter and the news station didn't have to leak this or let this out.

A lot of people are pissed in the media for a colleague to do this. A few chewed him out royally. 

edit. This is fact.

Edited by boyst
  • Shocked 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I don’t think that the “no insights” criticism is valid. She is employed by the Bills, so she reports what they tell her to report. She would not make any insightful comments unless directed to do so. The further away from the Bills someone is, the better they can discuss such things. She’s as close as you can get. 

I understand that she's limited but Chris Brown is also employed by the Bills and, to me, offers on his show with Tasker, some reasonably astute observations.

I think as far as "reporters" go, Brown is decent, and has been around the game and understands it to a fair degree. I don't get that with Glab.

I'll still turn to Cover 1 for real nuts and bolts insight, but that's my take.

10 minutes ago, boyst said:

So I learned this whole situation was leaked by the reporter who she is taking to and he is essentially on thin ice with everyone. That reporter and the news station didn't have to leak this or let this out.

A lot of people are pissed in the media for a colleague to do this. A few chewed him out royally. 

edit. This is fact.

Any insight as to whether the Bills are upset with Glab herself over this incident or just keeping her out of the spotlight for a bit to let this die down?  

1 minute ago, BillsPride12 said:

Any insight as to whether the Bills are upset with Glab herself over this incident or just keeping her out of the spotlight for a bit to let this die down?  

She's still listed as employed by the team, so I imagine after a serous talking-to (not that I think she really messed up bad) she'll continue to do her job.

https://www.buffalobills.com/author/maddy-glab

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

She's still listed as employed by the team, so I imagine after a serous talking-to (not that I think she really messed up bad) she'll continue to do her job.

https://www.buffalobills.com/author/maddy-glab

I would think so as well, after the Jerry Sullivan incident he was terminated just about immediately.  She would be gone by now if that's the action they were taking.

1 hour ago, BADOLBILZ said:

lol, the lady sitting behind me started going off on her when that came on.  “Yeah Maddy and you were TALKING SH** ABOUT OUR STAR WIDE RECEIVER!!!” 😂

(she was also pretty drunk I believe)

• Haha (+1) 2

45 minutes ago, SUNY_amherst said:

I think you can be employed by the Bills and still provide valuable commentary about the game. They aren't gonna fire her for example if she knew what a Cover 3 defensive coverage scheme was 

41 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

I understand that she's limited but Chris Brown is also employed by the Bills and, to me, offers on his show with Tasker, some reasonably astute observations.

I think as far as "reporters" go, Brown is decent, and has been around the game and understands it to a fair degree. I don't get that with Glab.

I'll still turn to Cover 1 for real nuts and bolts insight, but that's my take.

That's all fair and I don’t watch that stuff anyway so I don’t have firsthand knowledge. But I am sure that teams have very tight control over their reporters. It’s certainly possible that she doesn’t know much about football. But it’s also possible that the Bills have her limited to doing more fluff. 

• Like (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

She's usually on with Tasker on Bills Tonight after the game on MSG. Which is why I never watch. Chris Brown was on last night. Seems logical that this is why. Gotta let things cool down.

She has no business being an analyst on the game. She was brought in to help with female engagement by doing short videos on BB.com, asking players about their favorite color and crap like that. She started on TV by having a segment on One Bills Live called "The Maddy Awards". Instant channel change. Now when one of the hosts is off, she fills the chair (but not the shoes) of Chris or Steve. I have no opinion of her as a person. But if she's on my TV, I change the channel. Her voice grates on me.

• Agree 3

1 hour ago, boyst said:

edit. This is fact.

Why in the hell would he do that to her?

1 hour ago, boyst said:

edit. This is fact.

Listened back and can't tell who this guy is, unfortunately.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, boyst said:

edit. This is fact.

Yikes. I expected it was just an oversight by the web team; thought they just started the stream and opened the mics early.

I have zero desire to consume any content involving her.  Anything she's involved in, I'll typically turn off.  

I'd love to see anyone replace her.

That said.. I don't wish for anyone to go out like this, even if she was quite unprofessional in that moment. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

4 hours ago, Peter said:

That is where we disagree. I don't think that she was dissing him.

He had the opportunity to diffuse the situation . . . especially after she profusely apologized. He decided not to be graceful.

Indeed, he could have shown the same grace that was shown to him after screaming at Josh during the Bengals game and an off season of cryptic social media posts etc.

It doesn't matter that she wasn't "dissing him."  It's the perception of the majority of people who heard it and retweeted it.  I agree.  I don't believe she had any ill-intent.  Diggs could well forgive her...but again, it is a bad look for the organization.  And it's especially hurtful in light of all the opinions that have been posted about Diggs since the end of last season.  It adds fuel to that narrative.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.