The Josh Allen Positivity Thread

UKBillFan

Positivity is looking at how lucky you got picking Josh Allen in the draft.

Of Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Josh Rosen, and Lamar Jackson only Allen and Jackson are still with their teams.

Further, look at the top QB draft picks the last 6 years and see how many fizzled. It's a LOT.

He blew it Monday but he's a top guy which almost no one has! Almost NO ONE.

But you want to whine I have no time for that.

Not enough?

Then go back in time with me and live through 22 years of hell (1996-20018) when the Bills either neglected or whiffed on QB's.

Positivity thread won't do it. The whiners need medication.

Josh Allen outplayed Patrick freaking Mahomes in that playoff game.

Yes the Bills still lost but that's because God doesn't like you enough.

God loves Bills fans. But you're just not likeable enough. Great friend with each other sure. But you're whiny and entitled and think you're victims, are often extremely drunk, and in general are just pains in the ass who do  little to nothing for the truly innocent unfortunate around you and don't  want to because You're the true victims in life in your minds.

Suck it up buttercups.

So there's some positivity  for you. 😊👍

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

All Josh Allen haters should be suspended on here. 

It’s one thing to be critical of the guy for this game, it’s a whole other animal to start threads questioning if he’s capable of being the answer for us. THOSE people need to be booted from here. It’s embarrassing. 

Josh Allen completes it to Gabe Davis for a 19 yard touchdown pass.

That marks Allen's 172nd career touchdown, surpassing Dan Marino (171) for the most total touchdowns all-time in a player's first five seasons.

Edited by bobobonators

2 hours ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

He’s still the man, still the franchise, still the GOAT. There is no question.

Kid is in a rut, a bad one, but he will pull out of it. 

Dabs definitely had a  special father/mentor roll with Allen that is absent and missed. He and Dorsey may have a fine relationship, but I doubt it was as deep. 

Great post! But can we stop throwing GOT around there are only 2 QBs in that conversation right now and neither of them are playing anymore! (Annoyed me with the announcers for the KC game saying Mahomes is the GOAT. Ugh not yet not even close yet.) 

I just think back to his unbelievable effort in the ‘21 playoffs … as painful as 13 seconds was , it was not on him. He gave us two incredible playoff games and a great season. I know he has what it takes ; that’s been established. Just has to work through this funk- it’s mental not a talent thing. He’ll come through because the effort and desire in those playoff games was something I’ve never seen from a Bills player before - and there have been some great ones . 

1 hour ago, Casual fan said:

Of Baker Mayfield, Sam Darnold, Josh Allen, Josh Rosen, and Lamar Jackson only Allen and Jackson are still with their teams.

Further, look at the top QB draft picks the last 6 years and see how many fizzled. It's a LOT.

Not enough?

Then go back in time with me and live through 22 years of hell (1996-20018) when the Bills either neglected or whiffed on QB's.

God loves Bills fans. But you're just not likeable enough. Great friend with each other sure. But you're whiny and entitled and think you're victims, are often extremely drunk, and in general are just pains in the ass who do  little to nothing for the truly innocent unfortunate around you and don't  want to because You're the true victims in life in your minds.

Suck it up buttercups.

I hate you but I kind of also want to hang out

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 hours ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

He needs a visit with Stuart Smalley - “I’m good enough, I’m smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.”

Nicely played.
 I have to imagine there are some instructional videos from Saturday night Live that might help

For me ? I am bit tired of the huge swings from Josh.

Kid could be one of the best if he focused on the task. 

Such an amazing arm and physical traits !

There , I was positive about him.

3 hours ago, Casual fan said:

Not enough?

Suck it up buttercups.

This is going down as one of my favorite postses.

and speaking of medication ? Do you have any recommends ?

all the years of misery linger yet still

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, bobobonators said:

All Josh Allen haters should be suspended on here. 

It’s one thing to be critical of the guy for this game, it’s a whole other animal to start threads questioning if he’s capable of being the answer for us. THOSE people need to be booted from here. It’s embarrassing. 

Josh Allen completes it to Gabe Davis for a 19 yard touchdown pass.

That marks Allen's 172nd career touchdown, surpassing Dan Marino (171) for the most total touchdowns all-time in a player's first five seasons.

2 hours ago, Logic said:

I bet he has a hose like a baby's arm.

Just why ?

I mean why bring Babies into this?

you are a mess.

and should hang with casual fan and 808 for beers. Talk about it

Also friends, this mindset (including mine) that Josh was turn over prone after the GB game may have been wrong. 

*Inhales*

Technically it’s not, obviously Josh Allen had MORE interceptions after the GB game (7th of the season) since they, you know, played 9 more games. He did have an awful 3 game stretch where he threw 6 picks.

If we split Allen’s numbers in half last year, he had 9 picks in his first 8.5 games, and only 5 in his final 8.5. 

That is the opposite of the narrative than I was under the impression of. Even fumbles are the same story (7.5 fumbles, then 5.5).

Fumbles are the bigger issue. 5 picks in 8 games doesn’t really concern me. 

Yard production was a different story, but his elbow and winter season may have also played a roll. 

5 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

I am generally a positive person yes.  I'm also able to be a realist.  Josh is still gonna be the reason we win or lose but he has to let his teammates also be part of it. 

I am positive that hero ball is not the way u win long term and I am positive that constantly taking unnecessary hits will shorten Allen's career.  If he wants to retire to go play golf at an early age fine he is free to choose his life's path.  I fully understand why Andrew Luck walked away aftervthe constabt injury rehab cycle stole the joy of football from him that even more money  didn't matter.  Same for Aaron Rodgers I won't be surprised if he only makes a half hearted attempt to return. He doesn't really need to win another  sb unless it's something his ego needs.   Josh says he's more focused on football.  I don't see evidence he is focused on football if he isn't devouring film  and trying new things to add to his game.  He's just trying to recreate the plays he's  made his name on.  Kinda wonder if he's batching snaps to get another  Dallas Thanksgiving play where everyone gushed about u never see a qb doing that . If he needs to get hit a few times to get into a game fine let him have a designedvrun here and there in 1st quarter of a game to get  going, but thevrisk is he could get hurt and be lost for a few games as he recovers.  I know I'd be more comfortable with a more established backup, but if we are gonna lose a game anyway because abuse Josh is impatient then let's give Kyle a game to see how the team works within a dorsey gsmeplan. Brady got his shot when Bledsoe got hurt and never looked back.   Some young coach all qb could do the same to Josh if he won't work on his game.  I don't need Josh Allen to be the Bills QB, I want a capable player who will help the team win.  I ďobt care if he gets mvp  if he earns one great if not no issue from me.

I'm into positivity but I am also a realist. I don't really care what name is on the back of the uniform  of Bills players. I'm about the Bills  logo on the front.

That's fair enough but there are loads of threads dissecting where Josh's issues lie and what he needs to do to fix it. At the same time, he has the talent to pull himself out of the funk, and let's hope the Jets game marked rock bottom. The only way is up.

16 minutes ago, UKBillFan said:

That's fair enough but there are loads of threads dissecting where Josh's issues lie and what he needs to do to fix it. At the same time, he has the talent to pull himself out of the funk, and let's hope the Jets game marked rock bottom. The only way is up.

Yes and by exploring those multiple threads I did run into the theory of the possible concussion.  There are enough stat disparity before after that play  to maybe warrant closer study.

For instance as the Bills have the  nfls awarded best med staff or exactly what the award they got from the Hamlin incident, I expect they havea med tech on bench that routinely does a few checks on Morse after he comes to bench after any series Theresa's possible Hemet collision with defensive  guy opposite him. DT right like an Oliver.

18 minutes ago, Success said:

I think he is.  And I'm as big a Kelly fan as anyone here. 

At his best, Josh is better.

Kelly was way more accomplished in advancing his team. Outside of his partying, he was one of the elite field general and leaders of his generation. More of a true QB staying within a system. Stats don't really move the needle here. His were good in his day, but players are putting up stats like this is Madden now. Different game.  Kelly is already in the Hall of Fame. 4 AFC championships.  

I know it's popular to give Allen the nod, but he's not there yet. Maybe at his best, sure. Hell, by that definition Allen is better than anybody in NFL history. His skills are likely the best skills anybody has ever had. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Jordan Palmers opinion. 

https://twitter.com/ZbotTweets/status/1702101457426591773?s=20

- QB Coach Jordan Palmer on

@TheHerd

today was asked why Josh Allen isn’t as “buttoned up” as of late: “It’s less about Ken Dorsey & what he isn’t. It’s more about Brian Daboll. I think a few years from now we’ll all say that’s the best coach in football…” “(Bill Belichick) made a comment to me once & we were talking about Daboll and he said ‘Daboll’s one of the only coaches I’ve ever been around that can be an elite offensive coordinator, an elite defensive coordinator & an elite special teams coordinator. He understands football at that level.’” “When you lose that, you aren’t just gonna replace it.” “What Josh benefited from with Daboll was not just the play calling but learning the game… learning the game from who Bill Belichick and a lot of other people think is one of the smarter dudes in the league at teaching the position”.

Edited by Chaos

1 hour ago, Chaos said:

Jordan Palmers opinion. 

https://twitter.com/ZbotTweets/status/1702101457426591773?s=20

- QB Coach Jordan Palmer on

@TheHerd

today was asked why Josh Allen isn’t as “buttoned up” as of late: “It’s less about Ken Dorsey & what he isn’t. It’s more about Brian Daboll. I think a few years from now we’ll all say that’s the best coach in football…” “(Bill Belichick) made a comment to me once & we were talking about Daboll and he said ‘Daboll’s one of the only coaches I’ve ever been around that can be an elite offensive coordinator, an elite defensive coordinator & an elite special teams coordinator. He understands football at that level.’” “When you lose that, you aren’t just gonna replace it.” “What Josh benefited from with Daboll was not just the play calling but learning the game… learning the game from who Bill Belichick and a lot of other people think is one of the smarter dudes in the league at teaching the position”.

Well that’s not good. 

13 hours ago, 3rdand12 said:

Nicely played.
 I have to imagine there are some instructional videos from Saturday night Live that might help

For me ? I am bit tired of the huge swings from Josh.

Kid could be one of the best if he focused on the task. 

Such an amazing arm and physical traits !

There , I was positive about him.

This is going down as one of my favorite postses.

and speaking of medication ? Do you have any recommends ?

all the years of misery linger yet still

Thanks. 🙂

As for which medication, I'm not a doctor but whatever they are giving to Russel Brand seems to work pretty good!

• Awesome! (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Heels20X6 said:

We all know he can be an elite quarterback.  That game against the Chiefs in the playoffs was possibly the greatest performance by a Bills QB I've ever seen.

I'd debate the performance he had against the Patriots was better, either way his playoff run that season was one of the best if not THE best by a QB ever. 

10 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

Kelly was way more accomplished in advancing his team. Outside of his partying, he was one of the elite field general and leaders of his generation. More of a true QB staying within a system. Stats don't really move the needle here. His were good in his day, but players are putting up stats like this is Madden now. Different game.  Kelly is already in the Hall of Fame. 4 AFC championships.  

I know it's popular to give Allen the nod, but he's not there yet. Maybe at his best, sure. Hell, by that definition Allen is better than anybody in NFL history. His skills are likely the best skills anybody has ever had. 

Kelly was as much as a gambler as Josh is, the only difference is he had a Hall of Fame cast around him. Thurman, Reed and Lofton. An offensive line that we'll never see the likes of again with Wolford, Richter, Hull and Ballard.  Oh and on the opposite side Bruce Smith in his prime, the best player in Buffalo Bills history. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Mikie2times said:

This will probably be an unpopular opinion, but I think the Bills going to 4 straight SBs was half due to how weak the AFC was in the early 90s. The Bills were a very good team, but would they have made a SB if they were in the NFC and had to play the Cowboys, Giants and 49ers in the playoffs?

9 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

I'd debate the performance he had against the Patriots was better, either way his playoff run that season was one of the best if not THE best by a QB ever. 

Kelly was as much as a gambler as Josh is, the only difference is he had a Hall of Fame cast around him. Thurman, Reed and Lofton. An offensive line that we'll never see the likes of again with Wolford, Richter, Hull and Ballard.  Oh and on the opposite side Bruce Smith in his prime, the best player in Buffalo Bills history. 

1 minute ago, FrenchConnection said:

This will probably be an unpopular opinion, but I think the Bills going to 4 straight SBs was half due to how weak the AFC was in the early 90s. The Bills were a very good team, but would they have made a SB if they were in the NFC and had to play the Cowboys, Giants and 49ers in the playoffs?

I don't disagree with Kelly having way more talent or why we went to the 4 Super Bowls. The AFC east was certainly weak. Still doesn't give Josh and our zero AFC championships the nod over Kelly. I also don't put Kelly in the grouping of Favre reckless. Aggressive as all hell? Sure. Stats are a bit difficult to look at to compare given how different the eras are. I think QB rating by era is almost a 20 point difference. Josh needs to accomplish more on the field or get an MVP. It's getting close, but Bills fans were way to quick to give him the nod.  

3 minutes ago, Mikie2times said:

I don't disagree with Kelly having way more talent or why we went to the 4 Super Bowls. The AFC east was certainly weak. Still doesn't give Josh and our zero AFC championships the nod over Kelly. I also don't put Kelly in the grouping of Favre reckless. Aggressive as all hell? Sure. Stats are a bit difficult to look at to compare given how different the eras are. I think QB rating by era is almost a 20 point difference. Josh needs to accomplish more on the field or get an MVP. It's getting close, but Bills fans were way to quick to give him the nod.  

I watched Kelly and I can't tell you how many times I'd curse him for making a stupid interception etc. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, The Jokeman said:

I watched Kelly and I can't tell you how many times I'd curse him for making a stupid interception etc. 

I watched every year since 89. He made some dumb plays. I still don't put him in the category of Allen yet. I would have to run the data with some era adjusted factors. But noted dude, it was a long time ago. Both certainly could make some dumb mistakes. 

• Agree 1

13 hours ago, UKBillFan said:

The thing that is sort of mind boggling is that he had a bunch of crappy games last year (even though they won most of those), and if he had studied the tape after those crappy performances, he should be much improved (really better now, but should have been better in the last handful of games last year), but it doesn't appear to be that he is/was. So, does he watch tape at all? 

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

The thing that is sort of mind boggling is that he had a bunch of crappy games last year (even though they won most of those), and if he had studied the tape after those crappy performances, he should be much improved (really better now, but should have been better in the last handful of games last year), but it doesn't appear to be that he is/was. So, does he watch tape at all? 

Of course he watches game film with his OC and QB coach on Monday/Tuesday after the game. He doesn’t have a choice in that matter. It’s part of his job and he would get fined if he didn’t show up. His problem is decision making in the moment, not a lack of preparation. In a way, In a way, I wish it was a lack of film study because that’s easy to fix. Changing in-game instincts is a much harder thing.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.