9/11/23 GAMEDAY Week 1 Bills @ Jets MNF Pregame Thread

Chandler#81

I thought they would on occasion use Elam's skills as a man corner. Like even last year I thought they would use him to press the receivers at the line.  WRs like Hill or something. I didn't think he looked all that bad out there last year. Looks like its zone or bust for this team.  Maybe Benford has just been that good for them. Sometimes you get lucky late.  Sometimes first round picks bust. That is true for all teams.  I don't think this kid is a bust though.  I think maybe he just doesn't fit our defense and they were hoping to make a square peg fit a round hole type of thing.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

6 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

ABC News is reporting a down pouring rain.

Hopefully the field is not a factor tonight 

It's supposed to get better as the game goes on.  I hope it doesn't impact the game too.

Maybe instead of going bonkers over Elam being scratched we can realize that this team is so deep that a first-round pick can’t crack the game-day roster.  

and maybe instead of jumping all over Beane for “wasting” a pick we can realize that the reason they scratched Elam is simply that another guy they drafted is better.

We’re supposed to play Elam because he’s a first round pick? That’s what bad teams do.  Good teams play their best players. If Elam doesn’t like it, maybe he can work to get better. 

• Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Why is WGR playing a McDermott interview from days ago? How is this a pre game?

For real.  Like I care about what was said DAYS ago?  Just give me the Bills talking heads, talking!! :beer: 

1 minute ago, BRH said:

Maybe instead of going bonkers over Elam being scratched we can realize that this team is so deep that a first-round pick can’t crack the game-day roster.  

and maybe instead of jumping all over Beane for “wasting” a pick we can realize that the reason they scratched Elam is simply that another guy they drafted is better.

We’re supposed to play Elam because he’s a first round pick? That’s what bad teams do.  Good teams play their best players. If Elam doesn’t like it, maybe he can work to get better. 

Yes we are so deep and talented. Lmao

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, BRH said:

No you don't play him because he's a 1st round pick, a 1st round pick is supposed to win the job. It'd be great if it's just because Benford is great but he also didn't beat Dane Jackson either.

11 minutes ago, HIT BY SPIKES said:

Wings grilled and on bar.

Decided to make some Chicken Wing Soup since the wife unfroze one of my large homemade chicken broths.

The key is to find old mature chickens for your chicken broth.

Making the stock at 176 degrees Fahrenheit is the key   

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warcodered said:

No you don't play him because he's a 1st round pick, a 1st round pick is supposed to win the job. It'd be great if it's just because Benford is great but he also didn't beat Dane Jackson either.

Dane might be more of a wanting a vet on the active roster type thing, but it's not like Dane is a slouch either.  The situation sucks but it is what it is. They drafted a man corner for a zone defense and he didn't learn enough.

• Like (+1) 2

My first three Bills offense plays: power or counter to the right with Cook. Leaker route for Knox. Post to Kincaid. 

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

I don’t know how you people eat and drink during games. It’s water for me. 

I used to drink a lot more during games before we got good

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

Reigning Super Bowl champs, right? Or dogwalked in the playoffs?

Here’s a tip, if you want to say criticism about another draft bust isn’t warranted because we are just so good, we better have won it all.

Goal post moving. You said they weren't talented and deep. They went 13-3

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

My first three Bills offense plays: power or counter to the right with Cook. Leaker route for Knox. Post to Kincaid. 

I used to drink a lot more during games before we got good

Oh I did too. I didn’t care then. I knew the team was going nowhere and I just enjoyed watching . Now I’m a nervous wreck.

Just now, FrenchConnection said:

I don’t know how you people eat and drink during games. It’s water for me. 

Eh, beer is mostly water... :beer: 

1 minute ago, boyst said:

sitting in a board meeting for a non-prof i'm required to be at due to an event i am going to be chairing.

it's making time go by quickly.

Settle down boyst, we all already like you - no need to tout your many charitable endeavors and beneficial things you do for society. 🤣🙌🥃

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Steptide said:

Surprisingly, I'm completely calm. I generally take an anxiety dump shortly before the opening game, but I'm fine 

Mine is at halftime.  12.5 minutes is the perfect time span.  I usually walk back into the room just as they’re setting up for the second-half kickoff.