Random talking head says something about the Bills

Simon

I'm getting angrier at McDermott and Beane the more analysis that I read today. The only reason Allen is not talked about at the level of Mahomes is because of mistakes made by those two guys that have led to multiple devastating playoff losses. It's now two playoff games where Allen slightly edged out Mahomes' own great play, and still ended up losing at the end. It makes me sick to my stomach that the same people in charge of these failures are still going to be in charge next year.

• Agree 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Josh Allen has a passer rating of 100.0 with 2,723 yards, 21 touchdowns and 4 interceptions in 10 games in the playoffs in his career.*

* according to a google search I just did. That's truly phenomenal and shows what an absolute beast he is in the postseason.. unfortunately the only stat that really matters isn't so good. It's mind boggling that he's put up these numbers and has only played in one championship game and zero Super Bowls

If only he played that consistently in the regular season, we'd be having first round byes every year

• Vomit 1

Honestly, I still don’t rule out this team moving on from McD this offseason because of one simple fact:

The last 4 remaining coaches are all offensive minded, and I’m pretty sure that was the case last year as well. 

The focus and resources are the defense, we all know it. We all see it. KC focus and confidence is their offensive system, this lets them overcome the odds.

I like McD, I respect McD, but this team is an offensive identity away from being a dynasty. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

I'm getting angrier at McDermott and Beane the more analysis that I read today. The only reason Allen is not talked about at the level of Mahomes is because of mistakes made by those two guys that have led to multiple devastating playoff losses. It's now two playoff games where Allen slightly edged out Mahomes' own great play, and still ended up losing at the end. It makes me sick to my stomach that the same people in charge of these failures are still going to be in charge next year.

Allen also takes a lot of crap because of the turnovers which I think is massively overblown but the narrative is set.

Josh said he is going to work on some stuff in the offseason to clear up some of those things. Imagine if he played at his playoff level for 80% of the regular season? Imagine the stats and the MVP awards

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Pat Mahomes had 40 more passing yards on 16 less attempts. They punted once.  Are we really gonna act like he was edged out by Allen last night? 

The better QB won again. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

15 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Bingo. Allen outplayed Mahomes yesterday.

Mahomes just didn't have numerous drops.

Mahomes also had an established, confident offensive system.

Allen averaged 4.8 yards per pass, and most of our WRs have had a significant amount of sub-10 YPC games since Brady took over.

Brady has big time potential, but I’m so curious to see what the issue with the passing game was. 

Edited by TheyCallMeAndy

1 minute ago, TheyCallMeAndy said:

Allen averaged 4.8 yards per pass, and most of our WRs have had a significant amount of sub-10 YPC games since Brady took over.

This is due to drops.

If Sherfield caught 1 of his 2 drops, and Diggs caught his long drop, Allen's yards per pass goes from 4.8 to 7.3.

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

Pat Mahomes had 40 more passing yards on 16 less attempts. They punted once.  Are we really gonna act like he was edged out by Allen last night? 

The better QB won again. 

Thank you for pointing out that the Bills defense was utter trash and the Bills skill players played substantially worse than their counterparts on the Chiefs. Like I said, Allen slightly edged out Mahomes' own play. There's no other explanation for why one offense and defense and special teams performing much better than the other should only win by 3 points. Only a superior QB could have that kind of equalizing effect.

• Like (+1) 1

Allen wasn't even allowed to execute a passing offense last night. They spent the entire first half throwing screens and running, to keep the chiefs off the field because of our porous defense. It worked. THey kept doing it in the third and some into the fourth when it was well past expiration. Allen never even got a chance to cook. and a couple times when he balled out, he was failed by a 30 million dollar receiver and our very nice guy left tackle who i don't want to say anything bad about, because it's not like he got beat up all night. just the one time when he needed him not to. 

9 minutes ago, FireChans said:

The better QB won again. 

Allen had more total yards.  His biggest mistake was going for a TD to a wide open receiver.

Mahomes MISSED wide open receivers twice, one for an easy TD.

Allen had to carry his team.  Mahomes didn't. Which is always the story.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, FireChans said:

The better QB won again. 

Can someone explain to this troll how Mahomes was facing a depleted injury riddled Bills defense and Allen was facing a top 5 Chiefs defense, and Allen still outplayed Mahomes but only had less yards because of drops.

I'm too tired.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, HappyDays said:

Thank you for pointing out that the Bills defense was utter trash and the Bills skill players played substantially worse than their counterparts on the Chiefs. Like I said, Allen slightly edged out Mahomes' own play. There's no other explanation for why one offense and defense and special teams performing much better than the other should only win by 3 points. Only a superior QB could have that kind of equalizing effect.

I mean the Bills punted twice. Difference in the game came down to one possession. And the better QB won, again. 

Josh is a top 3 QB in the league. But the better passers have his number in the postseason. 0-4 vs Mahomes and Burrow. 

Phil Rivers was a great QB. Wasn’t as good as Big Ben, Brady, or Peyton. He lost to them often in the postseason. He should have won a ring. Let’s hope that there’s a bad year for the other big dogs in the conference and we get a chance.

• Disagree 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Honestly it's fine, all of this ***** just take it and put on the board, it's the offseason Josh sounded so frustrated that he had to stop practicing ready to get back at it wanting to keep how well he's throwing going and everything. This is the ***** that goes on the ceiling that keeps you up and gets you back looking at film and back working and maintaining the mechanics and working with your pass catchers.

Nothing we can do about it just add it to the list.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FireChans said:

I mean the Bills punted twice. Difference in the game came down to one possession. And the better QB won, again. 

Josh is a top 3 QB in the league. But the better passers have his number in the postseason. 0-4 vs Mahomes and Burrow. 

So you're going to make the argument that the QB is literally the only person on the offense responsible for what happens on offense? That's fine if you want to make that argument. But it's as wrong as 1+1=3.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Allen has proven to be a top tier NFL QB based on his postseason play alone. But unfortunately he plays in the same league as Mahomes and will always be second fiddle until he can win a playoff game against him.

Also think the elephant in the room is Bengals/Joe Burrow who have proven they can beat the Chiefs in the playoffs and for me Burrow being 1B to Mahomes 1A is still the bigger conversation going forward.

44 minutes ago, SoonerBillsFan said:

Point out where he is wrong.

It’s a very 30,000 foot view opinion.  It’s not even relevant when you think about it.  Mahomes has a better OC and HC than Allen.  Josh’s lethality is unmatched as evident by all his rushing/passing records. 

I think this kid has what it takes to be the next big time ESPN talking head though. 

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

So you're going to make the argument that the QB is literally the only person on the offense responsible for what happens on offense? That's fine if you want to make that argument. But it's as wrong as 1+1=3.

I’m going to make the argument that for whatever reason, the championship DNA of the Chiefs offense rose to the occasion last night, including their QB. 

I’m not saying that Josh had a bad game or is the reason we lost. I’m just saying the better QB won. Which is true. The better QB usually wins. It’s why having a really good QB matters. 

Josh had an excellent game on the ground. Passing left something to be desired, but there was lots of reasons for that, including the guy I absolutely hate in Trent Sherfield.

FWIW, the better QB won last week too when Josh played Mason Rudolph. And the week before when Josh played Tua.

Edited by FireChans

34 minutes ago, Success said:

I've already seen more than a few Chiefs fans say something to the effect of "I don't ever want to hear again that Allen is in the same conversation as Mahomes."

I mean, whatever you say guys.  It's not like there are 21 other guys on the field who can make a play and impact the outcome or anything.

If it's only, strictly about W's and L's, Mahomes is the better QB. But who simplifies the game like that?  Allen was better than Mahomes yesterday, and he was better in the 13 seconds game. Not by much - but the idea that Mahomes is better because his team wins these games is too uninformed for me. It's not an opinion I respect.

Their fanbase is soft and cant stand anyone being compared to Mahomes.  To them, there is no other QB.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I don't think 1+1 equals 3, but I would expect him to win eventually as he has more swings at the plate. As those swings increase and we don't win it does start to reflect poorly on him. It also makes arguing the nuances of why he didn't a little less relevant. I'm of the opinion it is mostly in the hands of McD and I don't see us taking the next step until he is gone which would really suck for Josh, obviously. If that is several years later it will be brutal for everybody involved. Us fans, Josh, everybody. I wish that's not what I see coming but it is.  

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

Absolute gut punch

Short of Allen demanding we fire McDermott, I don’t ever believe these paragraphs will change 

This is it. And will stay it until we invest around Josh. Harbaugh is just sitting there waiting but will Pegula even glance in the waiting room or is McD holding that door closed with more deflecting excuses

27 minutes ago, FireChans said:

The better QB won again. 

Mahomes had the advantage of playing against Buffalo's injury-riddled defense. Meanwhile, Allen had to play against one of the league's best and was able to create long, sustained drives with multiple 3rd and 4th down conversions.  Just because Mahomes had more YAC yards, does not make his performance "better".

30 minutes ago, FireChans said:

The better QB won again. 

The Better QB lost. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

19 minutes ago, FireChans said:

I’m just saying the better QB won. Which is true. The better QB usually wins. It’s why having a really good QB matters. 

Last night the better QB lost. I guess you could say on Christmas Day that Aiden O'Connell was a better QB than Mahomes. Or you can be honest about the evaluation and think beyond kindergarten logic.

Edited by HappyDays
  • Haha (+1) 2

21 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Allen has proven to be a top tier NFL QB based on his postseason play alone. But unfortunately he plays in the same league as Mahomes and will always be second fiddle until he can win a playoff game against him.

Also think the elephant in the room is Bengals/Joe Burrow who have proven they can beat the Chiefs in the playoffs and for me Burrow being 1B to Mahomes 1A is still the bigger conversation going forward.

I like Joe Burrow but Cincinnati gave him great 1,2 and 3 receivers. Bills surrounded Allen with triple A talent. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Last night the better QB lost. I guess you could say on Christmas Day that Aiden O'Connell was a better QB than Mahomes. Or you can be honest about the evaluation and think beyond kindergarten logic.

0-4 against Burrow and Mahomes in the playoffs. It’s not kindergarten logic at this point. Go look at Rivers’ playoff record vs the other big boys. 

27 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Get allen a regime that fully understands you give allen the weapons that tua,stafford,burrow,hurts,dak,Purdy has on offense and watch this kid win multiple superbowls and become the new goat of the league....it's the philosophy of how this team has been assembled and the mentality of forcing a grind it out ball control offense and having the ball in a rbs hands instead of allens......this staff wants old school early 2000s late 90s offense with a defense that cannot be dominant in big games...it's a failure and it's long past time to blow it all up,cut all the dead Weight on the defense and spend the next two drafts and off-season building this offense to the highest level possible

6 minutes ago, FireChans said:

0-4 against Burrow and Mahomes in the playoffs. It’s not kindergarten logic at this point. Go look at Rivers’ playoff record vs the other big boys. 

I 100% agree that McDermott is Schottenheimer/Turner 2.0.

• Agree 2

42 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Joe China doll Burrow needs to prove he can stay healthy before worrying about being in any conversations beyond that, as much as the narrative about Allen’s shortcomings against KC are a thing, so is the Burrow is physically soft and not available narrative 

• Like (+1) 1

Once Cincy has to start paying all of their weapons, I think things will change. 
 Those of you putting fragile Joe ahead of JA17 are gonna realize he’s not the QB we have. You can argue that crybaby pat is maybe #1, but no way is anyone else out there ahead of our guy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

to be fair, Josh had the ball and missed 4 open receivers.  2 of them on 2nd down (diggs and shakir) then 2 more on 3rd down........ I don't believe he is that bad but I believe he had to be that bad in that moment for whatever reason and he delivered.

if they control the ball, get a 1st down, get a td with 10 seconds left the bills are the better team, they are not and here we are.

On 1/22/2024 at 1:48 PM, Success said:

I've already seen more than a few Chiefs fans say something to the effect of "I don't ever want to hear again that Allen is in the same conversation as Mahomes."

I mean, whatever you say guys.  It's not like there are 21 other guys on the field who can make a play and impact the outcome or anything.

If it's only, strictly about W's and L's, Mahomes is the better QB. But who simplifies the game like that?  Allen was better than Mahomes yesterday, and he was better in the 13 seconds game. Not by much - but the idea that Mahomes is better because his team wins these games is too uninformed for me. It's not an opinion I respect.

He gets beat in KC and sneaks by with a 3 pt W in OP because the defense was decimated.

• Like (+1) 1