Josh Allen on Rich Eisen today

Draconator

Answers reporters narratives:

Josh did too much in the red zone last year

Everything that happened last year took something out of the team, but as Captain, he and the other captains take responsibility of not preparing the guys more, and this will be a point of focus this year from the captains.

Josh and Diggs hugged it out, and they are not on the same page, they are on the same letter of the same word. 

Edited by Draconator
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 6
  • Thank you (+1) 6

The New Jersey thing just makes sense. They are literally leaving New York and traveling to New Jersey for the game. I feel like as a player it would be weird to say they were going to New York when your actual itinerary is New Jersey. Right? I don't think he meant anything by it except that is their travel destination.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

Josh does admit in the interview there was "something" between him and Stefon Diggs, but they have since worked it out.

Surprised that part hasn't gotten more attention (or speculation).

Hopefully there are no more issues moving forward.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, mjt328 said:

Josh does admit in the interview there was "something" between him and Stefon Diggs, but they have since worked it out.

Well, he was a bit ambiguous. He said there wasn't anything, but if there was they worked it out. So, it is tough to tell of he is just trying to say what the media wants and put the matter to bed, or if something did actually happen. He seems annoyed about the questioning, honestly.

Regardless, it seems evident that everything is fine now.

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, MJS said:

The New Jersey thing just makes sense. They are literally leaving New York and traveling to New Jersey for the game. I feel like as a player it would be weird to say they were going to New York when your actual itinerary is New Jersey. Right? I don't think he meant anything by it except that is their travel destination.

If they were playing the Panthers, they'd say going to Carolina. They wouldn't say going to North Carolina. It's intended as the (harmless) NY/NJ jab.

• Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

7 minutes ago, MJS said:

Well, he was a bit ambiguous. He said there wasn't anything, but if there was they worked it out. So, it is tough to tell of he is just trying to say what the media wants and put the matter to bed, or if something did actually happen. He seems annoyed about the questioning, honestly.

Regardless, it seems evident that everything is fine now.

Yeah he's basically saying there wasn't a thing but whatever media thing that got made up it's over so let's move on.

• Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, MJS said:

Oh I definitely think it was a jab. He had mentioned for years that Buffalo is the only NY team. I just think he refuses to acknowledge that they are New York. For 99% of the country that comment means absolutely nothing (or people are clueless and think he’s an idiot for saying New Jersey), .5% gets offended he says New Jersey, and the other .5%, all of us here and the other Bills fans knows exactly what he’s saying. It’s the reason why WNY and bills mafia love that guy so much 

• Agree 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

? Rich Eisen asked Josh "Was there a thing?"

He shook his head side to side 'No' and said "there wasn't"

People trying to make something of nothing. He clearly said there wasn’ta thing.

4 hours ago, Warcodered said:

"Doing that extra effort, that's in the film room, that's in the weight room...etc."- Josh Allen.

Huh. 🤔

You can tell he has never lifted weights or watched film in his life. On the same level as Johnny menziel.

Edited by 4th&long

1 hour ago, Draconator said:

Everything that happened last year took something out of the team, but as Captain, he and the other captains take responsibility of not preparing the guys more, and this will be a point of focus this year from the captains.

Josh and Diggs hugged it out, and they are not on the same page, they are on the same letter of the same word. 

image.png.79aaf6961bfe6ed449721f440dda44ca.png

• Haha (+1) 2

38 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

"Doing that extra effort, that's in the film room, that's in the weight room...etc."- Josh Allen.

Huh. 🤔

Is that what he was saying they need to do so Cincinnati doesn’t happen again? 🤔 

47 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Eisen had a take I hadn’t heard before, that the two of them didn’t talk all spring. Maybe they did have a beef that needed to be squashed. Whatever… winning fixes all

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, MJS said:

He’s got a future in comedy - dead pan delivery of New Jersey… but knew exactly what he was doing 

1 hour ago, MJS said:

Not just that, they’re going to pay NJ taxes on their game checks. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Airseven said:

If they were playing the Panthers, they'd say going to Carolina. They wouldn't say going to North Carolina. It's intended as the (harmless) NY/NJ jab.

What? The Jets and Giants literally play in New Jersey. It’s not a harmless jab, it’s a point of pride for Bills fans.

• Like (+1) 1

whitlock and the reactionary media and some people on this forum are probably overstating the whole josh allen doesn't put in the effort in the offseason thing.

Like, consider that if you believe that you also are on the same page as jason whitless. put that in your basket

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, MJS said:

It would be like if the Bills drove to Erie, PA to play their home games, or across the Canadian border. No doubt we’d be called the Canuck Bills or something like that.

1 hour ago, Slippery Rubber Mats said:

whitlock and the reactionary media and some people on this forum are probably overstating the whole josh allen doesn't put in the effort in the offseason thing.

Like, consider that if you believe that you also are on the same page as jason whitless. put that in your basket

The real elephant in the room is the @Slippery Rubber Mats / Kevin Kolb dilemma. Why did you do it, man ? 

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, mjt328 said:

I have said multiple times since this thing broke that the story I heard was the Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs were not on speaking terms at the end of last season. Now I am not saying that is absolute gospel, but that was the story I heard and nothing that has happened since has led me to disbelieve it. 

Equally when Josh whatever it was it is done, and Stef has said the same, and they are on the same page and they looked on point in that final pre-season game.... I believe that too. 

41 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I have said multiple times since this thing broke that the story I heard was the Josh Allen and Stefon Diggs were not on speaking terms at the end of last season. Now I am not saying that is absolute gospel, but that was the story I heard and nothing that has happened since has led me to disbelieve it. 

Equally when Josh whatever it was it is done, and Stef has said the same, and they are on the same page and they looked on point in that final pre-season game.... I believe that too. 

Come on, you know how this works-you are not allowed to believe that there was a problem AND they are past it! Everyone knows you have to think that there is and will forever be issues now between them or the whole thing was overblown from the very beginning!!!

Just stop it with this rational thinking 

• Haha (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Draconator said:

That was good composure by him lol. He seems dialed in and I love that hat. Got to get one

13 hours ago, DapperCam said:

It would be like if the Bills drove to Erie, PA to play their home games, or across the Canadian border. No doubt we’d be called the Canuck Bills or something like that.

Maybe Fort Erie, just across the border, but not Erie PA - that's a three-hour drive.

I don't see why it's a big deal. The Meadowlands is geographically closer to Manhattan than OP is to Buffalo. Yeah, it's technically across a state line, but for all practical purposes, it's a suburb of NYC. That part of Jersey has always been Jets territory anyway. And I'm sure the Jets/Giants didn't lose any fans when they both moved to NJ.

17 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

Oh I definitely think it was a jab. He had mentioned for years that Buffalo is the only NY team. I just think he refuses to acknowledge that they are New York. For 99% of the country that comment means absolutely nothing (or people are clueless and think he’s an idiot for saying New Jersey), .5% gets offended he says New Jersey, and the other .5%, all of us here and the other Bills fans knows exactly what he’s saying. It’s the reason why WNY and bills mafia love that guy so much 

The "Bills are the only New York team" contoversy is stupid and meaningless. 

• Disagree 1

18 hours ago, Airseven said:

Nobody says they are going to Carolina because that isn't a place. Players deal with actual travel to actual places.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.