4 INTs

Josh’s 8 playoff games:

2334 passing yards

417 rushing yards

63% completion 

7.6 ypa

19 TDs (2 rushing)

4 INTs

Burrow, according to you, has IT in the playoffs but the Josh doesn’t. You’re a troll. 

One receiving TD too 👍

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Literally every single person in the country agrees Mahomes and then Burrow except for posters on here. What did he say that was so offensive to you? The truth? Every person you talk to in the world has Burrow as a better QB over Allen currently. This should not be shocking to any of you

If you poll every talking head at ESPN, sure. 

If you ask actual GM’s, I’m pretty confident you’d get a different answer. 

Youre talking down to posters, some of whom (like myself) have had very real criticisms of this team and are not homers, like we’re incapable of separating our fandom from reality … when you’re out here giving us narratives from First Take and Get Up. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

19 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Of course not and not to minimize that great performance but they caught a break playing a fading Patriots team at the right time.

Again, JA17 can take the next step in the playoffs at some point but won't be with the current regime.

I don't agree with much from this poster, but I do believe that Allen has gone as far as he can go under this current regime.

He needs a coaching staff that will help him get over the hump, not for him to prop them up. 

Allen is the reason McDermott still has a job as the HC of the Bills

• Simon changed the title to [Vague Title]
34 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

JA17 is still a very special talent but unfortunately he doesn't seem to have the 'it' factor in the postseason like Mahomes/Burrow, outside of the '13 seconds' debacle when he played the game of his career only to be let down by horrendous coaching.

Hopefully his next coach will truly bring out the best in him and elevate him to aforementioned QB's levels.

His coach drafts defensive players. He places more importance in corner backs than he does in blockers and wide receivers for his GREAT quarterback, players that didn't help that much in 13 seconds.

McDermott does not bring out the best in Josh. Josh is great in spite of him.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, SCBills said:

If you poll every talking head at ESPN, sure. 

If you ask actual GM’s, I’m pretty confident you’d get a different answer. 

Youre talking down to posters, some of whom (like myself) have had very real criticisms of this team and are not homers, like we’re incapable of separating our fandom from reality … when you’re out here giving us narratives from First Take and Get Up. 

I have friends in other states, other countries. Nobody would have Josh Allen over Joe Burrow. Only people in Buffalo. It's honestly embarrassing. It lumps me in with the fans who can't think critically for themselves. It's nice to be a fan but you can't be completely brainwashed into thinking the Bills are amazing and unfailable. We haven't won anything ever. A lot on here might even have Allen over Mahomes which is hilarious. Mahomes will probably be the #1 or #2 best QB of all time. Josh will be lucky to crack the top 20. Very delusional people around here unfortunately.

Edited by KDIGGZ
  • Eyeroll 4

3 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

I have friends in other states, other countries. Nobody would have Josh Allen over Joe Burrow. Only people in Buffalo. It's honestly embarrassing. It lumps me in with the fans who can't think critically for themselves. It's nice to be a fan but you can't be completely brainwashed into thinking the Bills are amazing and unfailable. We haven't won anything ever. A lot on here might even have Allen over Mahomes which is hilarious. Mahomes will probably be the #1 or #2 best QB of all time. Josh will be lucky to crack the top 25. Very delusional people around here unfortunately.

You get embarrassed too easily sounds like 

Suggest you toughen up 

• Haha (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

Literally every single person in the country agrees Mahomes and then Burrow except for posters on here. What did he say that was so offensive to you? The truth? Every person you talk to in the world has Burrow as a better QB over Allen currently. This should not be shocking to any of you

I think a lot of NFL GMs disagree with you.  If given the chance to draft Burrow or Allen I think it's probably 3-to-1 for Allen.

And with respect to the FilthyTroll, I stand by my assessment.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Joe is overrated.  Gonna say it now.  

He is a very good QB, not saying he isn't good.  But he has gotten overrated on the back of his teams success as if he is neck and neck with Mahomes, and he just isn't.  Look at the KC game they won to advance to the SB.  They didn't win because of Burrow, they won because the Bengals defense somehow managed to hold Mahomes and KC to 3 points in the 2nd half keeping the score low enough for the Bengals to creep back in and steal the game.  

Allen carved up that same D with ease the week before until Loosey Frazier and the D gave away the game with 13 seconds and OT.  

No question he was going to be the highest paid all time with this contract, that is just how QB contracts work.  But Joe hasn't gotten it done while loaded with weapons, and he is about to start to lose those weapons soon because they can't keep them all.  His playoff stats are underwhelming, but he gets propped up because the team won some games and reached a SB.  But he gets all the credit for that, and its not really been a case where Burrow is lighting the games up.  

Again, one of the best young QB's in the league, not saying he sucks by any means.  Just saying he is not in the same class as Mahomes even though that is the tier everyone wants to put him in.  

Question for you as I've seen many fans parrot the same line. What makes you say that Frazier was the one responsible for the 13 seconds choke job?

2 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

Question for you as I've seen many fans parrot the same line. What makes you say that Frazier was the one responsible for the 13 seconds choke job?

Well considering I have seen Fraziers defense fold year after year in the playoffs, its a safe guess.

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Well considering I have seen Fraziers defense fold year after year in the playoffs, its a safe guess.

I'm just curious as to how you and other fans like you continue to blame him when he's essentially running McDermott's defense. If you actually watched the end of that game, you'd see that it was McDermott running up and down the sidelines calling timeouts.

It's just a ridiculous coping mechanism that you'd never ascribe to another team. If the Rams offense falls flat, nobody is going to blame the OC. Same in KC. And if the defense craps the bed for the Jets, I doubt they blame their coordinator.

It's okay to say McDermott choked away that game and potentially a super bowl trophy. It doesn't make you a lesser fan.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

I have friends in other states, other countries. Nobody would have Josh Allen over Joe Burrow. Only people in Buffalo. It's honestly embarrassing. It lumps me in with the fans who can't think critically for themselves. It's nice to be a fan but you can't be completely brainwashed into thinking the Bills are amazing and unfailable. We haven't won anything ever. A lot on here might even have Allen over Mahomes which is hilarious. Mahomes will probably be the #1 or #2 best QB of all time. Josh will be lucky to crack the top 20. Very delusional people around here unfortunately.

Well, since you included your friends in other states and other countries, it must be true!  No room for discussion!  

6 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Well, since you included your friends in other states and other countries, it must be true!  No room for discussion!  

As was already mentioned by the person I was replying to, every media too. At this point, please post anyone outside of Bills fans that would have Josh Allen ranked higher than Burrow. It's almost impossible to find. Yet when a poster correctly stated such, he was burned at the stake.

41 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

I'm just curious as to how you and other fans like you continue to blame him when he's essentially running McDermott's defense. If you actually watched the end of that game, you'd see that it was McDermott running up and down the sidelines calling timeouts.

It's just a ridiculous coping mechanism that you'd never ascribe to another team. If the Rams offense falls flat, nobody is going to blame the OC. Same in KC. And if the defense craps the bed for the Jets, I doubt they blame their coordinator.

It's okay to say McDermott choked away that game and potentially a super bowl trophy. It doesn't make you a lesser fan.

You know there was OT too?  So you are saying Frazier had nothing to do with 13 seconds and OT in terms of calling the defense even though he calls the defense?

14 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

As was already mentioned by the person I was replying to, every media too. At this point, please post anyone outside of Bills fans that would have Josh Allen ranked higher than Burrow. It's almost impossible to find. Yet when a poster correctly stated such, he was burned at the stake.

This took about 4seconds to find

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/nfl-top-100-nfl-players-of-2023-quarterbacks-go-1-2-3-nick-bosa-top-defensive-player-priscos-rankings/

36 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

So we must acquiesce, lest you not be lumped in with us homers, because your friends and people like Mike Greenberg said so?

If you listen to people like Peter King, Howard Cosell etc., you get a very different view of the league than dudes pushing whatever narrative an exec at ESPN or Fox told them to push leading into the season. 

5 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

Quit posting your lies!

We were told that "Literally every single person in the country agrees Mahomes and then Burrow except for posters on here"

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Well Simon fixed it for you Joe changed his name to Vague Title 

Your title was barely legible gibberish (sort of like your sentence I'm quoting) and I was hoping you would fix it so folks would know what the thread was about.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Simon said:

Your title was barely legible gibberish (sort of like the sentence I'm quoting) and I was hoping you would fix it so folks would know what the thread was about.

I’m guessing at least half of the posters here have no idea how to edit a thread title.  Shouldn’t be allowed to create a thread, if you don’t know how to edit a title. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

This aged well.

🤡

1 minute ago, LabattBlue said:

I’m guessing at least half of the posters here have no idea how to edit a thread title.  Shouldn’t be allowed to create a thread, if you don’t know how to edit a title. 

If it takes you more than 10 seconds to find the only button that can be used to edit your post, you're getting homework tonight!

1 minute ago, Peace Frog said:

trolls-can-bugger-off-trolls.gif?c=VjFfd

Please stop responding to him twice; it only makes the problem worse. 

3 hours ago, Augie said:

We know they don’t WANT to pay all these guys, because they are the Bengals. I have to wonder IF they CAN sign these guys due to all the guaranteed money involved that has to go into escrow. Are they just cheap, or are they also “poor” by NFL standards? 

Thanks for staying on topic Augie.  LOL.

Mike Brown and Davis are by far the poorest (less than $1B) owners in the league.

In the Bengals situation it would be hard for a rich owner to have his GM sign all these guys just because of future cap concerns.

With poorer owners (others have called Brown as a cash-to-cap owner) and that's pretty accurate, it's got to be way tougher.

You're totally right about the escrow accounts.

Owners have to move $100Ms of dollars into escrow when these guys sign contract.

I'm sure the owners make money on the account, but it ties up a lot of owner cash.

With all the big-name Bengal player to be signed, I find it hard to believe Brown will be able to do it.  No knock on him, it's just the way it is.

It's something people will be watching come spring.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Thanks for staying on topic Augie.  LOL.

Mike Brown and Davis are by far the poorest (less than $1B) owners in the league.

In the Bengals situation it would be hard for a rich owner to have his GM sign all these guys just because of future cap concerns.

With poorer owners (others have called Brown as a cash-to-cap owner) and that's pretty accurate, it's got to be way tougher.

You're totally right about the escrow accounts.

Owners have to move $100Ms of dollars into escrow when these guys sign contract.

I'm sure the owners make money on the account, but it ties up a lot of owner cash.

With all the big-name Bengal player to be signed, I find it hard to believe Brown will be able to do it.  No knock on him, it's just the way it is.

It's something people will be watching come spring.

Hey! What do you know? You’re right!

That was just happenstance, I assure you. 

I’ll be right back with a nice recipe for Brunswick stew!    😋

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

I'm curious to see how it's structured.  Joe made a point to say he wanted to take less so they could keep the band together.  Him getting 54 mil would make it pretty tough to keep Chase and Higgins

IIRC Burrow never said that he would “take less” money. What he said was more vague. Something like he’d “work with them on his contract to keep” Chase and Higgins. I took that to be more related to the structure of his contract (like Mahomes) or that he might trade non-guaranteed money for guaranteed money.

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

Hey! What do you know? You’re right!

That was just happenstance, I assure you. 

I’ll be right back with a nice recipe for Brunswick stew!    😋

We could always argue whose dad can beat up who.

Joe Burrow can't tell me what to do, he's not my real dad!

Why do Bills fans feel the need to drag Joe Burrow through the mud to defend Josh Allen? I get that we have to come up with all sorts of excuses to justify trading the Mahomes pick, but we never had a shot at Joe Burrow. In order to get a can't-miss prospect like that, you have to have the #1 overall pick and the Bills haven't been bad enough to have that since 1985. Of course, the Bengals took him and of course, he's been really good. He's won everywhere he's played. I will say that watching Burrow play is a lot less stressful than the Josh Allen Experience. He almost always does the right thing with the football. But he takes a lot of sacks and doesn't truck LBs. I know that Mahomes is the new Brady in terms of winning, but Joe Burrow has a game pretty much like Tom's.

The other thing that I like about Burrow as a player is that he won big in HS and college. He took previously weak Athens to the Ohio state championship game in 2014, losing to Toledo Central Catholic 56-52. He also won Ohio Mr. Football that year. We all know what he did in college. He's kind of the anti-Josh Allen. He's a coach's son who went to every QB camp as a kid. He was a 4-star recruit who was on colleges' radar in middle school.  We live in the golden age of QB play. Bills fans just ought to be happy that we have one of the top guys. 

8 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

Why do Bills fans feel the need to drag Joe Burrow through the mud to defend Josh Allen? I get that we have to come up with all sorts of excuses to justify trading the Mahomes pick, but we never had a shot at Joe Burrow. In order to get a can't-miss prospect like that, you have to have the #1 overall pick and the Bills haven't been bad enough to have that since 1985. Of course, the Bengals took him and of course, he's been really good. He's won everywhere he's played. I will say that watching Burrow play is a lot less stressful than the Josh Allen Experience. He almost always does the right thing with the football. But he takes a lot of sacks and doesn't truck LBs. I know that Mahomes is the new Brady in terms of winning, but Joe Burrow has a game pretty much like Tom's.

The other thing that I like about Burrow as a player is that he won big in HS and college. He took previously weak Athens to the Ohio state championship game in 2014, losing to Toledo Central Catholic 56-52. He also won Ohio Mr. Football that year. We all know what he did in college. He's kind of the anti-Josh Allen. He's a coach's son who went to every QB camp as a kid. He was a 4-star recruit who was on colleges' radar in middle school.  We live in the golden age of QB play. Bills fans just ought to be happy that we have one of the top guys. 

Because ***** the stupid ***** Bengals and ***** Joe Burrow that's why

3 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

You know there was OT too?  So you are saying Frazier had nothing to do with 13 seconds and OT in terms of calling the defense even though he calls the defense?

This is your response? You completely avoided the question and general point.

I'll help you. That loss is on the head coach. And then he, shamelessly, blamed it on execution when asked about what went wrong.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.