Beyond Blue & Red- Josh Allen's Life On and Off the Field

Warcodered

• Warcodered changed the title to Beyond Blue & Red- Josh Allen's Life On and Off the Field
3 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

When I read all the stuff about Josh and Brittany, the breakup and his movie star rebound, I admit I got a little worried that getting the TMZ treatment would distract him. Josh needs to stay hungry and doubted.

Agree !!!

26 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

When I read all the stuff about Josh and Brittany, the breakup and his movie star rebound, I admit I got a little worried that getting the TMZ treatment would distract him. Josh needs to stay hungry and doubted.

I think Brittany was the Diva...hopefully he is better off 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ya Digg? said:

Great video, but he did most of the interviews with sleeves on…should we be worried? 

I think the word “worried” should be supplanted by “concerned”being that is this preseasons trigger word…, 😂

Edited by Don Otreply
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Yup. I was impressed by how hard he worked in the off-seasons, but that doesn’t appear to be the case any longer. He got his big contract just prior to the 2021 season and that’s the last off-season he worked with Palmer. This off-season when asked about his training he just said he was going to rest his body. He would not be the first athlete that took their foot off the gas to enjoy the finer things in life after getting rich and famous. If that is the road he’s going down I hope he turns it around and gets back to doing the things that elevated him. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

Yup. I was impressed by how hard he worked in the off-seasons, but that doesn’t appear to be the case any longer. He got his big contract just prior to the 2021 season and that’s the last off-season he worked with Palmer. This off-season when asked about his training he just said he was going to rest his body. He would not be the first athlete that took their foot off the gas to enjoy the finer things in life after getting rich and famous. If that is the road he’s going down I hope he turns it around and gets back to doing the things that elevated him. 

I think a huge part of Josh' skill set is his moxy. I think he works on himself. As his mechanics get better, I think he double downs on his moxy. I don't think he has ever been a big nutrition, body maintenance, or film guy compared to his peers. Based on his success the definition for peers is different than others in the league. The expectation is to be Mahomes or Brady-esque. 

I think this is an area of his game that needs to improve to help himself and this team take the next jump, and for him to stick around the league long term (to protect his body).

EDIT: I don't think that this is a contract, payment, lazy issue by any means. I just think its an area Josh has to put more focus on in terms of next steps. 

Edited by Mango
words
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I'm just really puzzled by where this idea that 2021 is the last time Josh worked with Jordan Palmer came from.  There's a One Bills Live piece with Jordan Palmer

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/one-bills-live-jordan-palmer-on-working-with-josh-and-kyle-allen

Palmer talks about how the new way of thinking is that he's working with his guys year-round to help them maintain their technique, that Monday and Tuesday he's on zoom with up to 30 guys (I would assume Josh is a priority client) watching game tape to break down their mechanics.  A bit later (5:40 in) he talks about how he uses side by side video from the off-season and from the game to highlight how their mechanics were at their best and what was off.

About 2:30 in, Brown asks "in Josh worked with you this off season, did he have to change his regime with the UCL injury and take maybe a couple extra weeks?".  Jordan talks about how guys who are starters, playing in January, and who have "complete ownership of their stroke"  (like Josh) "start a lot later" in the off-season and take more time off, and that recovery is as valuable for him now as extra work used to be (3:30 in)

Anyway, throughout the whole thing all 3 seem to be working from the understanding that Josh is still working with Palmer every off season, including this past off-season, although since he's now "playing in January" and plays a very physical style, he needs more time to recover and starts later.

So I'm really puzzled where this idea came from that after 2021 when he got his big contract, he stopped working with Palmer and other off-season team.  I don't think Josh said "rest his body" was all he was going to do all off season, I do think he said that's what he'd do to start.  It's pretty clear Palmer thinks he worked with Josh during the off-season!!

By the way, Jordan states that Josh's UCL this past season was worse than the injury his rookie year where he missed 5 weeks (4 games + bye) and his improved mechanics helped him play through it. 

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 3

Is this Jason Whitlock? 🧐

• Eyeroll 2

34 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I'm just really puzzled by where this idea that 2021 is the last time Josh worked with Jordan Palmer came from.  There's a One Bills Live piece with Jordan Palmer

https://www.buffalobills.com/video/one-bills-live-jordan-palmer-on-working-with-josh-and-kyle-allen

Palmer talks about how the new way of thinking is that he's working with his guys year-round to help them maintain their technique, that Monday and Tuesday he's on zoom with up to 30 guys (I would assume Josh is a priority client) watching game tape to break down their mechanics.  A bit later (5:40 in) he talks about how he uses side by side video from the off-season and from the game to highlight how their mechanics were at their best and what was off.

About 2:30 in, Brown asks "in Josh worked with you this off season, did he have to change his regime with the UCL injury and take maybe a couple extra weeks?".  Jordan talks about how guys who are starters, playing in January, and who have "complete ownership of their stroke"  (like Josh) "start a lot later" in the off-season and take more time off, and that recovery is as valuable for him now as extra work used to be (3:30 in)

Anyway, throughout the whole thing all 3 seem to be working from the understanding that Josh is still working with Palmer every off season, including this past off-season, although since he's now "playing in January" and plays a very physical style, he needs more time to recover and starts later.

So I'm really puzzled where this idea came from that after 2021 when he got his big contract, he stopped working with Palmer and other off-season team.  I don't think Josh said "rest his body" was all he was going to do all off season, I do think he said that's what he'd do to start.  It's pretty clear Palmer thinks he worked with Josh during the off-season!!

By the way, Jordan states that Josh's UCL this past season was worse than the injury his rookie year where he missed 5 weeks (4 games + bye) and his improved mechanics helped him play through it. 

If Allen is continuing to work with Palmer, then I am happy to stand corrected. I didn’t think that he had done that because:

- I hand not heard of him doing so this or last off-season like I had in previous years.

- Palmer took a new job with the XFL before last off season so he left EXOS, which is where he trained Allen. 

- When asked what he planned to do regarding training this off-season Allen did not say anything about Palmer, only that he was going to rest his body. 

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Was she? When you are with someone as long as they were together, I doubt anything like that went on. Besides, wasn't the story Josh was down with OPP?

Josh clearly had a problem cuz he left

He's a grown man and he could do whatever he wants... And there was obviously trouble in paradise 

They didn't break up out of the blue they were probably on the fritz for a while and that will absolutely affect your mindset and play

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

If Allen is continuing to work with Palmer, then I am happy to stand corrected. I didn’t think that he had done that because:

- I hand not heard of him doing so this or last off-season like I had in previous years.

- Palmer took a new job with the XFL before last off season so he left EXOS, which is where he trained Allen. 

- When asked what he planned to do regarding training this off-season Allen did not say anything about Palmer, only that he was going to rest his body. 

I thought Allen, Darnold, Kyle Allen, Burrow etc always worked with Palmer through his company, QB Summit.  Never heard of "Exos".

Watch the video for yourself if you like.  Palmer talks a bit about how he works year-round now, and how XFL work fits in with the work he was already doing.

• Thank you (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I thought Allen, Darnold, Kyle Allen, Burrow etc always worked with Palmer through his company, QB Summit.  Never heard of "Exos".

Watch the video for yourself if you like.  Palmer talks a bit about how he works year-round now, and how XFL work fits in with the work he was already doing.

I looked it up. You are correct. Palmer worked at EXOS as a QB coach, but left to start up QB Summit. I got crossed up remembering he left EXOS when took the XFL Director of QB Development job and thought he was out of the private QB development business. My bad on this one. I should’ve checked my memory before posting. Thanks for the correction. 

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Or maybe the commercials are not a distraction but a nice way for these QB's to rebound after very stressful seasons.  In fact the commercials are part of the job for elite QB's.

Josh in that QB room podcast basically said for his commercials he's there for a couple hours and then he's done, so I'm really not sure how much of a distraction they could be for him.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

Josh in that QB room podcast basically said for his commercials he's there for a couple hours and then he's done, so I'm really not sure how much of a distraction they could be for him.

And Mahomes, who is like a TV star because he's in so many commercials is proof positive that the modern elite NFL QB can make commercials and excel at the game of football. 

These attacks on Allen by some posters are really weird. It seems like every season there is a new round of dark whispers suggesting something fundamentally wrong with Allen:

* Remember how they complained Allen wasn't accurate? And then when he improved his accuracy they complained he couldn't throw the deep ball?

*  And when he became the best deep ball thrower in the NFL they whispered that Allen wouldn't take the easy gimme throws and would only go after the lower probability deep shots. I mean on every play multiple Bills players were wide open for huge gains but Allen just ignored them!

* Then when Allen was killing teams with his legs they whispered that he would get hurt all the time.  Now, after 4 straight seasons (KNOCK ON WOOD) of not missing a game they hint darkly of Allen having a truncated career because of his running.

* Remember how they whispered that Allen couldn't play in front of big crowds which is why he id so well in 2020.  Then in 2021 & 2022 he had some of his greatest games in prime time pressure cooker environments in front of huge hostile crowds?

*  Then they hinted that Allen couldn't play great in playoff games.  And then he went out and had some of the best playoff games of any QB in recent NFL history.

*  And now they're whispering that Allen is lazy and maybe dumb and he doesn't study film and he lets his body go in the off season.  He gets drunk and he makes to many commercials.  Judas Priest when this is shown to be complete BS like all the other things what will they whisper then?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

And Mahomes, who is like a TV star because he's in so many commercials is proof positive that the modern elite NFL QB can make commercials and excel at the game of football. 

These attacks on Allen by some posters are really weird. It seems like every season there is a new round of dark whispers suggesting something fundamentally wrong with Allen:

* Remember how they complained Allen wasn't accurate? And then when he improved his accuracy they complained he couldn't throw the deep ball?

*  And when he became the best deep ball thrower in the NFL they whispered that Allen wouldn't take the easy gimme throws and would only go after the lower probability deep shots. I mean on every play multiple Bills players were wide open for huge gains but Allen just ignored them!

* Then when Allen was killing teams with his legs they whispered that he would get hurt all the time.  Now, after 4 straight seasons (KNOCK ON WOOD) of not missing a game they hint darkly of Allen having a truncated career because of his running.

* Remember how they whispered that Allen couldn't play in front of big crowds which is why he id so well in 2020.  Then in 2021 & 2022 he had some of his greatest games in prime time pressure cooker environments in front of huge hostile crowds?

*  Then they hinted that Allen couldn't play great in playoff games.  And then he went out and had some of the best playoff games of any QB in recent NFL history.

*  And now they're whispering that Allen is lazy and maybe dumb and he doesn't study film and he lets his body go in the off season.  He gets drunk and he makes to many commercials.  Judas Priest when this is shown to be complete BS like all the other things what will they whisper then?

It's so weird - complaints for years and years and years because the Bills didn't have guys getting national commercials, the team deserves more recognition, blah blah blah.  It's not happening and now people say that it clearly is taking away from Josh getting better.  Because you know, having 6 months off doesn't leave enough time for these guys to do things not football related

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

Josh clearly had a problem cuz he left

He's a grown man and he could do whatever he wants... And there was obviously trouble in paradise 

They didn't break up out of the blue they were probably on the fritz for a while and that will absolutely affect your mindset and play

Also your focus.  Which is pretty important to some people. 

3 hours ago, CincyBillsFan said:

Or maybe the commercials are not a distraction but a nice way for these QB's to rebound after very stressful seasons.  In fact the commercials are part of the job for elite QB's.

Who cares about commercials?  That’s a minimal amount of time and typically an off-season thing.  Bigger issues are perpetually taking care of the body, putting in the study, and grinding during the season. 

8 minutes ago, Ya Digg? said:

It's so weird - complaints for years and years and years because the Bills didn't have guys getting national commercials, the team deserves more recognition, blah blah blah.  It's not happening and now people say that it clearly is taking away from Josh getting better.  Because you know, having 6 months off doesn't leave enough time for these guys to do things not football related

Agreed commercials have nothing to do with any of this.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.