Wk 1 - Bills -1.5 vs Jets - who you picking - how much can we over analyze this over the next 3 wks?

Chaos

4 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

No, the Bills are losing to the Jets because they will dominant the battle in the trenches. The Bills are still weak there. 

The Jets are more physical and it's a bad match up for the Bills. Think Pittsburg and Tennessee if you will. 

The difference maker last year was mostly the QB position. The Jets closed the gap tremendously. Rodgers won't be asked to be Superman in NY. Delvin Cook broke off a huge run last year and another wouldn't surprise me especially because the Jets like to pound the rock. Likely Cook will be extra motivated. 

It's a  opening Monday night game on September 11th in NY. What a frenzy and home field advantage the Jets have. HUGE!!! How can the refs not favor the Jets! We all should get prepared for a ref fuc#ing. 

The team looks to be limping into this game. The offense and defense looks somewhat  unenthusiastic, unmotivated, or perhaps floundering. I know many we revert to it being preseason and no need to be alarmed. I get that. However, it doesn't bode confidence in my mind. 

Lastly, you have to keep in mind the coaching factor. McD has a lot on his plate and who knows how Dorsey responds under serve duress. Perhaps another tablet is DOA. 

I don't see the Bills offense consistently moving the ball in the Jets. Their defense matches up well with Buffalo. The Bills oline is a work in progress. Nowhere near refined or cohesive. Their dline will win more battles than they lose. Not to mention they have one of the best secondaries in the league. Besides Diggs the Bills have a bunch of fill ins. Don't believe the Gabe Davis hype. 

The Bills are experience and have Allen. That alone should keep the game somewhat close. 

In the end, the Bills have too much to overcome. No Von, home field advantage, poor ref calls, McD first game as coach and DC, Dorsey?, no MLB, and a oline that is a work in progress. This is the Jets Superbowl sort of speak. 

Bills lose by 10. 

You lose all credibility when you bring officiating conspiracy into your arguments.  Stick with rationale arguments.

As for pressure, you don't think Saleh is under pressure too? The media and GM have set him up for a no win scenario.  If they win its because the GM got Rodgers, if they don't its because the HC couldn't get it done. 

As for the trenches, you gloss over our pretty good DL even without Von going up against their suspect OL and an aging less mobile Rodgers. That's a good matchup for the Bills. Also the strength of the Jets DL is up the middle which is where the best of the Bills OL SHOULD be. I will grant you there are lots of questions still to be answered about the Bills OL, but on paper the middle of the OL should be stout. 

I would not be surprised one bit if Bills lost and in my other post, I said I'm nervous about this game. I have little faith in McDermott to match the emotional level you aptly describe above. But in the end we must place our trust in Allen to overcome McDermott more often than not.

Edited by Ethan in Cleveland

6 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

No, the Bills are losing to the Jets because they will dominant the battle in the trenches. The Bills are still weak there. 

The Jets are more physical and it's a bad match up for the Bills. Think Pittsburg and Tennessee if you will. 

The difference maker last year was mostly the QB position. The Jets closed the gap tremendously. Rodgers won't be asked to be Superman in NY. Delvin Cook broke off a huge run last year and another wouldn't surprise me especially because the Jets like to pound the rock. Likely Cook will be extra motivated. 

It's a  opening Monday night game on September 11th in NY. What a frenzy and home field advantage the Jets have. HUGE!!! How can the refs not favor the Jets! We all should get prepared for a ref fuc#ing. 

The team looks to be limping into this game. The offense and defense looks somewhat  unenthusiastic, unmotivated, or perhaps floundering. I know many we revert to it being preseason and no need to be alarmed. I get that. However, it doesn't bode confidence in my mind. 

Lastly, you have to keep in mind the coaching factor. McD has a lot on his plate and who knows how Dorsey responds under serve duress. Perhaps another tablet is DOA. 

I don't see the Bills offense consistently moving the ball in the Jets. Their defense matches up well with Buffalo. The Bills oline is a work in progress. Nowhere near refined or cohesive. Their dline will win more battles than they lose. Not to mention they have one of the best secondaries in the league. Besides Diggs the Bills have a bunch of fill ins. Don't believe the Gabe Davis hype. 

The Bills are experience and have Allen. That alone should keep the game somewhat close. 

In the end, the Bills have too much to overcome. No Von, home field advantage, poor ref calls, McD first game as coach and DC, Dorsey?, no MLB, and a oline that is a work in progress. This is the Jets Superbowl sort of speak. 

Bills lose by 10. 

when you say “think Pittsburgh and Tennessee”. Are we thinking the same two teams they beat by a combined 79-10 last year?

oh I see, you’re taking stock in a preseason game… gotcha.  

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, Albanybillsbacker said:

when you say “think Pittsburgh and Tennessee”. Are we thinking the same two teams they beat by a combined 79-10 last year?

oh I see, you’re taking stock in a preseason game… gotcha.  

No I'm thinking the Tenn and Pitt team of a couple of years ago. Where they out muscled the Bills. 

No the Bills play goes back further than this pre season. They played a poor game vs Miami and we know the Cincinnati story. It's still in the minds of the fans and likely the players too. 

Yes it's a new season with lots of changes. In my eyes, this team and coaching staff have a lot to prove. It sure seems like the gap in the division has closed. The Bills no longer seem like a dominant team in the division or in the league. They are still very good and can excell under the right circumstances. I'm not giving up hope. To be honest, this is likely the make or break year for the Bills. 

A super bowl just seems so far away now. I felt the complete opposite last year when the season started. 

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

You lose all credibility when you bring officiating conspiracy into your arguments.  Stick with rationale arguments.

As for pressure, you don't think Saleh is under pressure too? The media and GM have set him up for a no win scenario.  If they win its because the GM got Rodgers, if they don't its because the HC couldn't get it done. 

As for the trenches, you gloss over our pretty good DL even without Von going up against their suspect OL and an aging less mobile Rodgers. That's a good matchup for the Bills. Also the strength of the Jets DL is up the middle which is where the best of the Bills OL SHOULD be. I will grant you there are lots of questions still to be answered about the Bills OL, but on paper the middle of the OL should be stout. 

I would not be surprised one bit if Bills lost and in my other post, I said I'm nervous about this game. I have little faith in McDermott to match the emotional level you aptly describe above. But in the end we must place our trust in Allen to overcome McDermott more often than not.

More than fair post. The best chance for advocating a Bills win is Allen. He will have to be Mahomes like on Monday night. A mediocre Allen won't get it done. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Watch and see how the refs call the game. You certainly can't think the Bills are going to get the close calls. I truly believe they will have a negative impact against the Bills. I don't think that's an unreasonable oo invalid thought process. 

• Haha (+1) 1

7 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Sir, the Bills current do anything vs Cincinnati three oline back ups. The same theme was fermented day after day until the game started. To boot, the Bengals running game thrashed the defense too.

Do you really have confidence that the Bills can generate a solid pass rush? I don't! Can they stop the run? 

The Bills don't have the advantage in the trenches. They are a finesse team that lacks strength and relays on speed. The Jets will likely out muscle the smaller Bills players. Remember, the Zach Wilson game where they pounded the ball like 10 to 15 times straight and ran out the clock for the win. They know how to run block well and they added a dangerous and motivated Delvin Cook. 

In short, don't get enamored with the weak oline of the Jets. The Bills pass rush is unlikely to take advantage of it and Rodgers knows how to handle pressure. 

stop living in the past man

• Disagree 1

On 8/21/2023 at 9:24 PM, Chaos said:

What are your picks?
What is your over analysis of the game? 

Aaron Rodgers does his signature head shake and frowny face in frustration due to OL breakdowns by the end of the second series.  

Dalvin Cook gets a groin strain before the half, and dislocates his shoulder AGAIN before the game is done.  Breece Hall comes in and does too much too soon.  Out 8 weeks.

Bills win on 2 Rosseau sacks, 1 Epenesa sack, and 1 Ed Olver sack...  lol.....

Rodgers spends the week at his meditation retreat pondering retirement.

The Jets also got fired up to play the Bills more than any other team last year including the Pats and Dolphins. The Bills have been the team to beat in the AFCE recently so I can understand that the Jets use the Bills as a measuring stick game. Remember Saleh's "we will see them again" comment after the game in Buffalo. As others have pointed out its Monday night on 9/11, home opener and this is the biggest Jets home game in a long time. The Bills better be ready to bring their "A" game. Anything less and they probably lose.

• Like (+1) 1

Just like the Dolphins, the Jets could have easily swept the Bills last year. Keep in mind this was with the Zach Wilson/Mike White combination at QB. Even if Rogers is on the downswing and plays similar to last year that's still an upgrade.

Also Dalvin Cook had over a 100 yards against this defense and a season high 8.5 yards per carry last year in the Vikings game in Buffalo.

More I think about it this game might not even be close and actually surprised by this meager vegas line.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Officiating is going to be a big deal.  Elam and Tre were grabbing every opposing players jersey, arms, waist and whatever they could get their hands on last year. They were getting numerous PI calls doing this last year too,  I don't see this changing this year.  These two guys need to step it up another level this year if not then they sure a hell are trade candidates for 2024. 

Edited by Toyo321

3 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

Looking at the game in a non bias manner… the jets are gonna beat us. I’m sorry to say it. Their defense will shut our offense down with ease. Just watch. I have no faith right now in our defense or offense after that preseason game. I know everyone says “it’s only preseason” but I got a bad feeling. 

The word is "unbiased" not "non bias" which is the wrong tense. And following it up with a stone cold absolute declaration is just the chaser 

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

We beat Steelers and Titans by a combined score of 79-10 last year

We beat the Jets by a combined score of 37-32 last year playing Mike White and Marcy D'Arcy.  

Remember when Marcy "got that dog in him"? That was an annoying 2 weeks.

1 minute ago, Jauronimo said:

We beat the Jets by a combined score of 37-32 last year playing Mike White and Marcy D'Arcy.  

Remember when Marcy "got that dog in him"? That was an annoying 2 weeks.

I think the jets will be good, I think using our results against the Steelers and titans as comparables is not

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Bills lose by 10. 

giphy.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, BrainwashedBillsFan said:

Thank you for the clarification my good man or woman. You are an asset to this board. 

"I'm not biased but the Bills simply cannot win this game, which is why I've comfortably put my life savings on it, here are the receipts"

5 hours ago, Toyo321 said:

Officiating is going to be a big deal.  Elam and Tre were grabbing every opposing players jersey, arms, waist and whatever they could get their hands on last year. They were getting numerous PI calls doing this last year too,  I don't see this changing this year.  These two guys need to step it up another level this year if not then they sure a hell are trade candidates for 2024. 

That's different than saying the refs will favor the Jets because it is a nationally televised game in NYC with Aaron Rodgers. One is basic football and the other is conspiracy nonsense.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, newcam2012 said:

Watch and see how the refs call the game. You certainly can't think the Bills are going to get the close calls. I truly believe they will have a negative impact against the Bills. I don't think that's an unreasonable oo invalid thought process. 

Why wouldn't the Bills get the close calls? Bills have as many if not more star players if you buy the star player gets the calls argument. Why would they favor the Jets? Because Rich Eisen is a Jets fan? Seriously please expound on why you think the refs will favor the Jets. 

41 minutes ago, Ethan in Cleveland said:

Why wouldn't the Bills get the close calls? Bills have as many if not more star players if you buy the star player gets the calls argument. Why would they favor the Jets? Because Rich Eisen is a Jets fan? Seriously please expound on why you think the refs will favor the Jets. 

Ok will do.

Firstly, Buffalo is a small market while NY is a huge market. Thus, I believe the NFL would love to see the Jets do well. Generates more interest and revenue when a big market team is more successful. The Jets haven't made the playoffs in decades. The league would love nothing more than a Jet playoff appearance. 

Secondly, all eyes out on the Jets and Rodgers. The Jets on Hard Knox  just amplifies things. Right now, they are the talk of the NFL. The darlings of the league. The refs are human and likely can be influenced by the Jets hype.

Thirdly, the Jets are playing at home in front of what will be a wild, crazy, and frenzied fan base. The home field and crowd is more likely to influence the refs in the Jets favor. For example, questionable holds, not calling holds, and INTs calls. I think it's naive to think the home crowd doesn't influence the refs. The term "home job" confirms this. 

2 hours ago, arcane said:

"I'm not biased but the Bills simply cannot win this game, which is why I've comfortably put my life savings on it, here are the receipts"

Just don't bet more than you can afford. 

Edited by newcam2012
  • Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, arcane said:

I should have used the term “non homer” not “non bias” I apologize for the wrong doing, thank you for pointing it out and I will make sure I use the English language more better in the future. Also I don’t bet, it’s childish. Good day

I am surprised the Jets are playing Rodgers this week vs the Giants. Last preseason game is the most meaningless as only the scrubs usually play. Especially this year with the Jets and Giants scheduled to play in the regular season so neither team will game plan at all.

Hope I'm wrong. Jets win this one at home. Their defense is very good and Rogers still has gas in the tank. Their O line not great for sure but maybe as good as ours. Don't like this matchup with the Rogers factor. Definitely like their defense over ours.

• Agree 1

• AuntieEm changed the title to Aaron Rodgers/State Farm breakup.

The simple fact that the Bills won 13 while only losing 3 games with their 3 losses by a combined 8 points speaks volumes. The Jets won 6 games. The Jets added Aaron Rodgers. Who else ? Davin cook? I’m not an Alan Lazard guy.?He’s a middle of the road 3rd receiver. Mecole Hardman? 🫤 Reggie Cobb? 😒 The Bills improved this year also. No need to show all the improvements here.  The Bills have never had a team this good since the Super Bowl years. 

This is my opinion…

the first half the Jets are way overhyped and make a lot of dumb mistakes and go down early… score at half 24-10

Second half the Jets calm down and their defense almost pitches a full half shut out.. it’s 27-23 with  45 seconds left and Rogers has the ball. He hits Davis for  25 yard TD to take the lead 30-27..  Allen marches down the field and with 10 seconds left they line up for the game tying FG of 50 yards and it hits the uprights…

Jets 30

Bills 27

close game and could go any way but I just see it as the Bills just coming up a bit short. But if it’s any consolation I see the Jets laying a big old egg against NE the following week and the Bills be tied for first after 2 weeks. 

• Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Dislike 1

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

This is my opinion…

the first half the Jets are way overhyped and make a lot of dumb mistakes and go down early… score at half 24-10

Second half the Jets calm down and their defense almost pitches a full half shut out.. it’s 27-23 with  45 seconds left and Rogers has the ball. He hits Davis for  25 yard TD to take the lead 30-27..  Allen marches down the field and with 10 seconds left they line up for the game tying FG of 50 yards and it hits the uprights…

Jets 30

Bills 27

close game and could go any way but I just see it as the Bills just coming up a bit short. But if it’s any consolation I see the Jets laying a big old egg against NE the following week and the Bills be tied for first after 2 weeks. 

Umm, Davis retired....

• Haha (+1) 1

On 8/21/2023 at 10:00 PM, newcam2012 said:

It's hard not to think the Jets O isn't going to be better with Rodgers and Cook. 

I couldn't help but get flashbacks to the Cincinnati game when you mentioned the weak OL of the Jets. 

Truthfully, I don't have confidence in the Bills pass rush. Without a healthy Von they just don't look that good. 

Also, the Jets pounded the ball vs the Bills. They are not bad in run blocking. This seems to get overlooked here. 

It's too early for a game prediction. However, that crowd in 9/11 will be crazy and frenzied. Big advantage to the Jets. The bias in me thinks the refs will favor the Jets big time. 

This sure seems like a statement game for the Jets to their fans. 

This game has uphill battle written all over it. 

Yes. This is going to be the Jets SB. Saleh knows that if he wants to change the culture of the Jets then they are gonna have to take down Buffalo. Exposing that weak Jets line and getting to Rodgers will be key

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.