Preseason Week 2 Games Around the League

rusty shackleford

I'm getting bonus coverage.  For some reason WNY is suddenly in the Giants market so I'm getting the Atlanta v Bengals game.  Watching the Giants game on the NFL App.  Atlanta was in the red zone and there was obvious pass interference on the Bengals that wasn't called.  Ball got tipped and picked off.  

11 minutes ago, Steptide said:

I'm very happy we don't have Tyrod anymore. Throwing for 3 yards on 3rd and 23

As a starter, yes. But as a backup Tyrod is definitely a top option for a team that has a competent and well build roster. Think he is definitely an improvement over Kyle Allen or Barkley in that position. Anyway, that’s JMO. 

• Disagree 1

On 8/18/2023 at 1:53 AM, Ralonzo said:

Kelee Ringo looked a hell of a lot like Leodis McKelvin just then. Covering the receiver like a blanket, can't find the ball, completion.

That was the knock on his college tape too. Doesn't find the football.

9 hours ago, Solomon Grundy said:

I'm still trying to understand all the hype surrounding Clowney

When he is on he is an excellent football player. Don't think he was ever a pure #1 talent type and the questions about his heart being in it are legit but when he is on he is on.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Definitely not just you. That team looks absolutely horrific. There just isn’t any talent to work with. You could call it a rebuild, but it looks like it’s just a tear down.

I am also someone who has always been a bit underwhelmed by Reich as a Head Coach. When I looked at his Colts teams where they had talent they were good, where they didn't they were bad and that was pretty much that. Not sure he ever really got any more than the minimum of what was there.

11 hours ago, BBFL said:

As a starter, yes. But as a backup Tyrod is definitely a top option for a team that has a competent and well build roster. Think he is definitely an improvement over Kyle Allen or Barkley in that position. Anyway, that’s JMO. 

Ehh. I mean he's been in the nfl 13 years now, and still doesnt seem to fully grasp it. He's a good backup, but not sure he's top tier 

On 8/17/2023 at 6:34 PM, rusty shackleford said:

And apparently Leslie Frazier is doing commentary/analysis on NFL Network now… so much for pursuing that head coaching job.

Now maybe he will learn some new terms like “blitz” and “man coverage” 

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

I am also someone who has always been a bit underwhelmed by Reich as a Head Coach. When I looked at his Colts teams where they had talent they were good, where they didn't they were bad and that was pretty much that. Not sure he ever really got any more than the minimum of what was there.

Would totally take him as an offensive coordinator, though

14 hours ago, Steptide said:

I'm very happy we don't have Tyrod anymore. Throwing for 3 yards on 3rd and 23

Not enough 'space' for the receiver to operate?

8 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Would totally take him as an offensive coordinator, though

Does it sometimes seem that the NFL coaching ranks is the exemplification of the 'Peter Principle'?  And Frank Reich is far from being the worst example of it.  Look at many of the clowns that coached under Belichick.

27 minutes ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

So weird seeing a QB wearing #50.  

19 minutes ago, rusty shackleford said:

I was thinking the same thing. I thought there were rules around jersey number ranges by position groupings. 

I looked it up and apparently the rules only apply for regular season games and any number can be worn in the preseason. Sounds like 50 is common for newly added players or rookies to take while they are still undecided.

At the Lions game, that is all lol

Actually just great to be back at some live football.

Every time before the Lions  possession they had to announce the Qb was number 50.

I don’t think anyone has used the new kickoff rule. One time the Lions guys kinda hesitated on whether to fair catch or run. 

Jack Campbell’s  name has been mentioned a few times. 

1 minute ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

At the Lions game, that is all lol

Actually just great to be back at some live football.

Every time before the Lions  possession they had to announce the Qb was number 50.

I don’t think anyone has used the new kickoff rule. One time the Lions guys kinda hesitated on whether to fair catch or run. 

Jack Campbell’s  name has been mentioned a few times. 

Campbell has played well in the preseason.  He's not calling the defensive plays, though.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.