Preseason Texans v Pats

jkeerie

Just now, goober said:

If I don’t see it again after tonight , I am gonna miss the cartoon guy performing in the background at Bob’s Discount Furniture Store Studio 

Be careful what you say.  Bob's is the official furniture store of the NE Patriots.

5 minutes ago, goober said:

If I don’t see it again after tonight , I am gonna miss the cartoon guy performing in the background at Bob’s Discount Furniture Store Studio 

3 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Be careful what you say.  Bob's is the official furniture store of the NE Patriots.

Bob's started a few towns over from me about 5 years before I got to CT.  He used to be in the commercials but I haven't seen him in years and the voice for the cartoon Bob isn't his.  He must not be doing too well these days.

I only happened to tune in at the 2 minute warning, but they just showed the face mask he got earlier and holy crap lol.  Then again if that's a Chiefs player ripping Josh's face off it probably doesn't get called, like that uncalled tripping last year.

2 minutes ago, Doc said:

Bob's started a few towns over from me about 5 years before I got to CT.  He used to be in the commercials but I haven't seen him in years and the voice for the cartoon Bob isn't his.  He must not be doing too well these days.

I lived in CT for a few years and do kinda remember Bob, but as I’ve moved around all those discount furniture/ mattress warehouse/ personal injury attorney TV ads have blurred together for me.  No ill will intended for the actual Bob though…

41 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

The cutaway guy in the Bob’s furniture studio could not possibly be more of a prototypical blowhard Bostonian know it all moron if he were wearing a Dave Cowens jersey.

OMG I told my wife the same thing. Every tv show that has an ole faaaht from Baaahston…….furniture guy is a dead ringer, he’s Baaahston’s every man. Such a punchable face

Edited by JDubya76
  • Haha (+1) 1

51 minutes ago, rusty shackleford said:

Keenum is looking pretty good, would like to have him back. Wouldn’t be too surprised to see Houston dropping either him or Mills with Stroud there now. Either one would be an upgrade for us at QB2.

Keenum got a nice 2 year contract from them  = $4M guaranteed.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/case-keenum-10079/

I think they see him as the wise veteran mentor. 

Mills is on the 3rd year of a 4 year contract and they have $0.5M of dead cap if they cut him (signing bonus from this season and next)

It's a bit unusual to keep 3 QB on a roster, but the Bills did it the year they drafted Fromm, and backed into doing it when they signed Derek Anderson as the Wise Veteran Mentor then cut Peterman and signed Barkley (or they may have signed Barkley before they cut Peterman, I forget)

Overall, unless they're positive Stroud is ready to rock, I would guess that the Texans keep 3 QB this year.

7 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

Keenum got a nice 2 year contract from them  = $4M guaranteed.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/houston-texans/case-keenum-10079/

I think they see him as the wise veteran mentor. 

Mills is on the 3rd year of a 4 year contract and they have $0.5M of dead cap if they cut him (signing bonus from this season and next)

It's a bit unusual to keep 3 QB on a roster, but the Bills did it the year they drafted Fromm, and backed into doing it when they signed Derek Anderson as the Wise Veteran Mentor then cut Peterman and signed Barkley (or they may have signed Barkley before they cut Peterman, I forget)

Overall, unless they're positive Stroud is ready to rock, I would guess that the Texans keep 3 QB this year.

I didn’t bother looking up contract situations before making that comment to see how realistic cut situations really are. Seems like Houston is not setup to turn things around anytime soon unless Stroud really starts to click soon.

24 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

NFL.com (Zierlein) graded him 6.7, "year 1 starter". 

Shows that scouting is still, not an exact science......

Well he has talent.. no doubt he throws a pretty ball when protected to great receivers

Huge learning curve from OSU offense and talent to NFL

I knew he would be top 10 I just would be scared to hitch my wagon to him 

1 hour ago, rusty shackleford said:

Keenum is looking pretty good, would like to have him back. Wouldn’t be too surprised to see Houston dropping either him or Mills with Stroud there now. Either one would be an upgrade for us at QB2.

We can only hope. I agree this is a decent possibility and would feel so much better about going through a 3 game stretch without Allen if one of those guys were the backup. I have zero confidence in Kyle Allen or Barkley for anything other than mop up duty

2 hours ago, Doc said:

Bob sold out a couple years back iirc, his name is just for continuity for the furniture store chain, 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Lol that was a hard game to watch. The most exciting Offensive thing to happen was seeing Malik look like the true 3rd string QB and perhaps second string after seeing Shorty Zappe fail miserably behind a GOD AWFUL line.  

The rookie D players for NE looked good, but any why couldn’t the Pats draft Tank? If for no other reason his name alone!!! Lol

13 hours ago, rusty shackleford said:

These New England announcers are terrible.

Zolak is the worst.  I have the "pleasure" of listening to him do color commentary on the Bills/Pats* games while driving in the car here in CT.  Almost as bad as Derek Sanderson doing Sabres/Bruins games back in the day.

Edited by Haslett_Stomp
  • Agree 1

35 minutes ago, Haslett_Stomp said:

Zolak is the worst.  I have the "pleasure" of listening to him do color commentary on the Bills/Pats* games while driving in the car here in CT.  Almost as bad as Derek Sanderson doing Sabres/Bruins games back in the day.

Lol I think every fan base feels that way about the local color guy for an opposing team. Solan is a pretty smart guy but he is DEEPLY invested into the Pats, he usually knows things before writers with the team. (Not always but it’s scary how often he does)

as for Sanderson he was a huge homer. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.