Kadarius Toney

SCBills

I was on the Trade for KT bandwagon last year, but always figured character concerns are why we wouldn’t be interested (along with inside info from Daboll). 

Welp… he’s officially become a trash bag KC Chief today with some of these DM’s. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

....this isn't a big deal....  

Toney shouldn't be engaging with these people, but this is a big nothing.  The 3rd and 6th KC gave up for a guy on a rookie deal and who KC hasn't invested any new money into, already paid for itself with his performance in the SB.  

IF anything, maybe this, and few more of these out of sorts outbursts and KC can save a few bucks at the negotiating table when the time comes.

• Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

please pointout the what about this makes him a scumbag.  

Calling a woman "ugly as mf...fokus on lipo and some other *****" puts him in contention for being a scumbag.  How dumb do you have to be as a public figure to put that out there?  Maybe he is more dumbass than scumbag.

He also defended Henry Ruggs after he drove (at 156 mph) drunk and killed a person.

Edited by HereComesTheReignAgain
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SWATeam said:

lol, are you really going to dig in arguing the character of Kadarius Toney???

no, not at all.  I don't have a high opinion of Toney's charachter.  But when a guy just disputes another fan and trash talks..this is what constitutes a scumbag?  more or less he's just telling the person they are wrong, and to go F off.  Not great, but what is there to it other than Toney should know better than to let some random fan get under his skin?

1 minute ago, Zerovoltz said:

no, not at all.  I don't have a high opinion of Toney's charachter.  But when a guy just disputes another fan and trash talks..this is what constitutes a scumbag?  more or less he's just telling the person they are wrong, and to go F off.  Not great, but what is there to it other than Toney should know better than to let some random fan get under his skin?

I'm obviously more speaking to his entire body of work.

KT has been a character problem since his UF days.  It’s well known.  

He’s incredibly talented if he can stay healthy, but I figured we would never pursue him given all that surrounds him.  

It’s just predictable to see him end up in Kansas City.  They take risks on character guys, and hey… who am I to judge… maybe the Bills need more “dawg” in them (however we want to quantify that), but these KT DM’s just point to why teams were skiddish of his character concerns (along with injuries)…

KC got a RD1 WR talent on a multi-year rookie contract given these circumstances. 

This is just in line with how they operate.  

If I had to guess, this might work out in the end too.  If he stays healthy, KT is another RAC monster for Mahomes to throw 4 yard passes to. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

The Chiefs have a recent history employing players whose talent level and character level are in direct inverse proportion to one another. 

It is known.

Not sure what direct inverse proportion is but I'd say it's more the x^3 function

image.png.4ae48b67f72a6cff7090136f6a5b0678.png

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Toney shouldn't be engaging with these people, but this is a big nothing.  The 3rd and 6th KC gave up for a guy on a rookie deal and who KC hasn't invested any new money into, already paid for itself with his performance in the SB.  

IF anything, maybe this, and few more of these out of sorts outbursts and KC can save a few bucks at the negotiating table when the time comes.

Defending trash just makes you look like trash also… and being a KC fan, you have done a lot to up your cred on these boards… but using very rose tinted glasses and pretending this guy needs defended for being a trashy moron is counter productive. I think you actually know better, but you felt you needed to stand up for ya boy. But don’t worry, KC Chiefs are known for being terrible individuals/criminals/trash, so this is par for the course, and you can’t see what’s so bad about it. It’s just how pros should act apparently. 

I mean, this is a team who’s QB’s brother could be the Websters definition of trash. Or his wife… or the coaches son… or, or, or… I mean it just doesn’t stop if you keep digging. I won’t be surprised if a lost laptop or bag of white substance shows up in the main office. 

• Dislike 1

20 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

20 something year old talking crap online. He must be the only one. I don't think I've ever seen that before 

True BUT playing in the NFL is not a right, it is a privilege and you have a different standard than any other " 20 something year old".  He is a celebrity, in  prominent position and has a standard of conduct he has to adhere to it, "protect the shield" blah blah blah.  He cant even place bets on NFL games or organized sports, especially if he places from a team facility.

Edited by RoyBatty is alive

19 minutes ago, Prospector said:

Defending trash just makes you look like trash also… and being a KC fan, you have done a lot to up your cred on these boards… but using very rose tinted glasses and pretending this guy needs defended for being a trashy moron is counter productive. I think you actually know better, but you felt you needed to stand up for ya boy. But don’t worry, KC Chiefs are known for being terrible individuals/criminals/trash, so this is par for the course, and you can’t see what’s so bad about it. It’s just how pros should act apparently. 

I mean, this is a team who’s QB’s brother could be the Websters definition of trash. Or his wife… or the coaches son… or, or, or… I mean it just doesn’t stop if you keep digging. I won’t be surprised if a lost laptop or bag of white substance shows up in the main office. 

Perhaps I am trying to straddle a fine line here...I am not trying to defend his charachter.  He should have just let this go.  It's just a trolling twitter giants fan...but this particluar incident by itself,....isn't much of anything.  Giants fan - you suck, your music sucks.  Toney.  You are ugly and a coward behind a twitter account.  Say it to my face next time.  .... Doesn't really rank up there with worst things ever.  Again..I don't condone this stuff and would rather he not be engaging in it or using the language he does.  I also know alot of football players come from backgrounds and cultures where this is the norm.  I'll take a 65 yard punt return in the SB and his talent at making folks miss...in exchange for putting up with immature twitter exchanges.  

This event in and of itself....is not a big deal.

8 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Perhaps I am trying to straddle a fine line here...I am not trying to defend his charachter.  He should have just let this go.  It's just a trolling twitter giants fan...but this particluar incident by itself,....isn't much of anything.  Giants fan - you suck, your music sucks.  Toney.  You are ugly and a coward behind a twitter account.  Say it to my face next time.  .... Doesn't really rank up there with worst things ever.  Again..I don't condone this stuff and would rather he not be engaging in it or using the language he does.  I also know alot of football players come from backgrounds and cultures where this is the norm.  I'll take a 65 yard punt return in the SB and his talent at making folks miss...in exchange for putting up with immature twitter exchanges.  

This event in and of itself....is not a big deal.

It isn’t really anything than just another ringing endorsement of another super thug chief player.

I liked him coming out of college.  After listening to that….LOL.  Wouldn’t touch him.  Schoen and Daboll did good but trading him

edit: this is how he reacted to a guy on Twitter trolling him about Daniel Jones….. this is how he reacted. 🤣 

Edited by NewEra

12 minutes ago, NewEra said:

It isn’t really anything than just another ringing endorsement of another super thug chief player.

I liked him coming out of college.  After listening to that….LOL.  Wouldn’t touch him.  Schoen and Daboll did good but trading him

edit: this is how he reacted to a guy on Twitter trolling him about Daniel Jones….. this is how he reacted. 🤣 

Von Miller for example....has way worse in his recent past and I haven't noticed anyone here upset that the Bills signed him and that he's on the team.  I am under no illusions that football players are all milk and cookie eating good people.  Alot of them are not.  If the legal system /society has determined they are employbable and they play for my team on Sunday.....I'll root for them to help my team win.  

Does'nt mean I condone this or other stuff....but having the expectation that these guys are all wonderful people is unrealistic.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Zerovoltz said:

A woman sent a picture of herself to him and he went out of his way to say she’s ugly and needs Lipo.

Do you really not see the problem here?

Man, I liked you at first, but you’re becoming quite the lightning rod around here. Just be objective. KC has been better than the Bills but the players and coaches are not infallible.

• Thank you (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

A woman sent a picture of herself to him and he went out of his way to say she’s ugly and needs Lipo.

Do you really not see the problem here?

Man, I liked you at first, but you’re becoming quite the lightning rod around here. Just be objective. KC has been better than the Bills but the players and coaches are not infallible.

I'm not defending Toney.  But, I am saying this isn't pretty much a big nothing.  He shouldn't have said it.  His launguage is coarse.  It's immature to let a troll get under your skin.  None of it is good.  But in the grand scheme of things, some trash talk doesn't register or move the needle much.  As I've pointed out earlier, NFL players aren't all find upstanding pillars of the community.  Some of them are just not great people.  Fine.  You aren't in jail?  You play for my team?  Go win football games and hopefully keep your face and name off the police blotter and TMZ.  

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

Von Miller for example....has way worse in his recent past and I haven't noticed anyone here upset that the Bills signed him and that he's on the team.  I am under no illusions that football players are all milk and cookie eating good people.  Alot of them are not.  If the legal system /society has determined they are employbable and they play for my team on Sunday.....I'll root for them to help my team win.  

Does'nt mean I condone this or other stuff....but having the expectation that these guys are all wonderful people is unrealistic.  

More baiting huh?

Ok, so what are you babbling about Von Miller  "has way worse in this recent past".

Really, why no educate us all on what Von has done "way worse"?  This will be entertaining, that is if you have the courage to respond.

4 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

I'm not defending Toney.  But, I am saying this isn't pretty much a big nothing.  He shouldn't have said it.  His launguage is coarse.  It's immature to let a troll get under your skin.  None of it is good.  But in the grand scheme of things, some trash talk doesn't register or move the needle much.  As I've pointed out earlier, NFL players aren't all find upstanding pillars of the community.  Some of them are just not great people.  Fine.  You aren't in jail?  You play for my team?  Go win football games and hopefully keep your face and name off the police blotter and TMZ.  

I don't think its a big deal at all.

But he should get a lecture from some of the coaches on staying off of social media.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Here are text messages from a high profile current Bills player to his pregnat GF.  I never saw one of you say squat other than this player can help us get over the hump and win a SB.

In the alleged texts, HIGH PROFILE PLAYER writes, “Praying for a miscarriage” with a praying hands emoji. He also goes into a rant in which he writes, “f–king disappear!!! and get an abortion.”

Additionally, the text messages include a long list of texts in which HIGH PROFILE PLAYER calls Denise a “f–king liar” and says “I should’ve left your dog a– in the streets.” Finally, in a calmer moment, HIGH PROFILE PLAYER tries to initiate a hookup with Denise. He writes that the two can hook up and stop fighting or keep arguing.

I don't care about this text or the ones Toney sent.  Niether are great....niether are illegal.  One guy plays for your team, one for mine.  Some of these dudes aren't swell folks.  I've accepted it.

And so I stand by my point...this isn't a big deal.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

Exactly. Given that members of the KC organization tend to drive drunk and injure little girls or kill themselves in the parking lot.. this doesn't even register anymore. Calm down, people. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Malazan said:

Exactly. Given that members of the KC organization tend to drive drunk and injure little girls or kill themselves in the parking lot.. this doesn't even register anymore. Calm down, people. 

That was a big deal.  That guy is in prison now where he belongs.

• Agree 1

Excerpt from the Florida Times Union article on Kadarius Toney returning for his senior season at Florida:

Toney is back for his senior season after pondering the possibility of leaving early for the NFL. Just like when he creates one of those joystick moments, he followed his instincts to arrive at his decision.

I thought of my education,” he said. “I know a lot of players who leave don’t come back and finish school. My first goal coming to Florida, I wanted to get my college degree.

Edited by thenorthremembers

Where is everybody?  Did you all go read up on Von Millers less than awesome past and decide this Toney stuff isn't actually that big a deal after all?  <crickets>  

Again...Toney is a jackwagon.  He shouldn't have sais this stuff, he shouldn't have let it bother him.  He's clearly not that mature and thin skinned.  

Not that big a deal.  

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

LOL i dont hold anything against him for doing it, other than it probably causes him an extra meeting next time hes in house.

Wish he werent a Chief, cause I wanna cheer for him, and regardless think he goes off this year

Side note: people hating how he talks.... we have a 53 man roster w/o practice squad. SPOILER: we have 1 or more guys that talk just like that! fortunately they keep it on field/locker room

"I'd rather have to help cool down a teammate, than have to try and pump him up".... paraphrasing, and 90% sure thats a Diggs quote, great quote regardless.  I want killers on my team, that are just enough on the leash to not kill people. 

Now flame away, cause this wont be popular here lol

49 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

LOL agree. And there are a ton of minds in front offices that believe the same. Every dude here has a Hot to Crazy Scale lol GM's have that..... if dude didnt play football, growing up where he did, he wouldve been killing and selling drugs!  Do i want my sister to marry him? No. Do I want that guy on my team if he can stay within a wide set of bumpers? 10 outta 10 times.  Dudes doing pretty good for himself really

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

please pointout the what about this makes him a scumbag.  

I don’t post too much because frankly I don’t like having Kansas City fans on our board but I will ask a solid question here. Do you not think it’s someone of his status punching down on some common fan does it make him look like a scum bag I mean it doesn’t rival having a fan going around robbing banks, but… 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Zerovoltz said:

I’m  not alluding to how this affects you as a chiefs fan.

what has Von Miller been found guilt of doing?  Not saying he hasn’t done anything, but I’m unaware of anything other than allegations and failure to appear in court.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.