Von Miller crashed into Patrick Mahomes

StHustle

I saw this live and it was great! Mahomes also said something like ‘Even in the offseason a Buffalo Bills is trying to get me’.

I was surprised Von seems close with Mahomes and Kelce. He was very supportive and complimentary of them. I didn’t know that before watching this. 

• Haha (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, 90sBills said:

I saw this live and it was great! Mahomes also said something like ‘Even in the offseason a Buffalo Bills is trying to get me’.

I was surprised Von seems close with Mahomes and Kelce. He was very supportive and complimentary of them. I didn’t know that before watching this. 

He is supportive and complimentary of everyone.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

1 hour ago, 90sBills said:

Ya he loves Arrowhead. His idol was Derrick Thomas, legendary Chief and he wore 58 in Denver because of him.

Remember before our KC game he said how special that stadium meant to him. And they were division rivals for years. A respect thing I'd say. And he showed up big in that game 

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I think players nowadays look at things way different than the old days. Back then they legitimately didn't like guys from division or conference rivals. 

These days it's a business. Players are often working out together with guys from other teams. Guys have connections to every locker room. Plus guys team hop so often now that everyone knows everyone. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

https://thesportsrush.com/nfl-news-jesus-are-you-kidding-me-patrick-mahomes-getting-hit-by-von-millers-golf-cart-amuses-nfl-fans/

Mahomes was heard yelling “Jesus, are you kidding me?”

Good job Von. Nice offseason hit on our nemesis QB!

Cue all the KC fan handwringing over how Mahomes has "lost focus" ?  Or no?

• Haha (+1) 1

Yeah but he was clearly rooting for Mahomes/Kelce. He said ‘for the next few hours we’re on the same team’. I was just surprised no big deal. 

It was part of the telecast. Von was the guy there to cheer for the NFL team & trash talk the NBA team. There was an NBA player there who was doing the opposite. It was NFL vs NBA essentially, all for fun & charity. 

Edited by Donuts and Doritos
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Allen has been supportive and complimentary of Mahomes, he played with him last season.  And Knox pals up with Kelce every year at their TE University or whatever they call it

• Like (+1) 1

So it looks like Von missed him then…, 

15 minutes ago, PrimeTime101 said:

lol, i would not expect anything different from ya lol

That’s how we roll PRIMETIME!

You know guys when Prime gets primed to start a thread he has to get in character and play his song.  

😂😇😆

WHOOP, WHOOP!

Edited by machine gun kelly
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Beck Water said:

Allen has been supportive and complimentary of Mahomes, he played with him last season.  And Knox pals up with Kelce every year at their TE University or whatever they call it

NFL players recognize they are an elite fraternity. These  guys have the talent money and life of their dreams? Why spend negative energy to put a fellow NFL brother down. Especially when both are ELITE.  And classy too I might add. There is no upside to do it and they're smart enough to know it.

31 minutes ago, JakeFrommStateFarm said:

Von pulled a hammy giving the golf cart extra gas right before impact

It is all Jim Overdorf's fault.  He should have advised contract have terms not allowing to play golf or use golf carts.

That is why he is paid to be "Senior Advisor to GM/Football Operations".

• Haha (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, muppy said:

NFL players recognize they are an elite fraternity. These  guys have the talent money and life of their dreams? Why spend negative energy to put a fellow NFL brother down. Especially when both are ELITE.  And classy too I might add. There is no upside to do it and they're smart enough to know it.

I imagine that just like IRL, for an NFL player there are guys ya love, and guys ya can do without... I haven't noticed that having the money to "live the life of their dreams" keeps some people from being unhappy, or just being jerks.

But, I do think successful QB have to have the skill of being 'likeable' and drawing people in.

That was actually the big mistake I made when I thought Josh Rosen (yes .... I was a "wrong Josh" er who had to reform...) would be a good NFL QB.  I totally underestimated the impact of being a likeable guy who players WANT to "go hard" for.

• Like (+1) 1

42 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I imagine that just like IRL, for an NFL player there are guys ya love, and guys ya can do without... I haven't noticed that having the money to "live the life of their dreams" keeps some people from being unhappy, or just being jerks.

But, I do think successful QB have to have the skill of being 'likeable' and drawing people in.

That was actually the big mistake I made when I thought Josh Rosen (yes .... I was a "wrong Josh" er who had to reform...) would be a good NFL QB.  I totally underestimated the impact of being a likeable guy who players WANT to "go hard" for.

indeed Beck. My point more so would be that what players think of any player is totally subjective. And in their locker rooms and in private I'm sure there are some beefs and dislikes there and players are talked about

But what is said  in public to the media is totally different. I  think that social media and pundits will make something out of basically nothing. I think its  Best to just be circumspect and keep it classy. Then the media has no clickbait fodder to throw at us.  Or them. OR the other teams bulletin board.

Edited by muppy

Just now, DC Tom said:

Tagging me without needing me to call someone an idiot?  This is like sending up the Bat Signal, then telling Batman "The Joker?  He's not here.  Do you have any jumper cables?"

I can not ask you to call someone an idiot. I will get banned.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.