Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

Just now, Chandler#81 said:

That is one hell of an allegation and a new one on me. Is it possible for you to post a link where you learned this?

Can you post a link to a Neuralink yet?  🧠 💻 🤣

1 hour ago, boyst said:

Can someone give bullet points and a debrief of this without the drama?

And miss all the fun?

Also you we are all n0w g0ing t0 write like this:

Can s0me0ne give bullet p0ints and a debried with0ut all the drama?

• Haha (+1) 3

Just now, ScottLaw said:

So he is lying? 

Jerry Sullivan?

No. I don't think he's lying. But didn't literally every Bills fan say something like this: "Diggs is a great addition, but let's hope that he leaves that diva behavior behind in Minnesota."

I suspect he's giving "Fitz told me" a little more weight than it warrants.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Tom Donahoe, GM said:

1) Big distraction to start the season

2) Knowingly making the focus about him instead of the team

3) Not providing leadership to the young guys

4) Not being clear as to what his grievance is

Bad teammate territory here. Unless Dorsey slept with Mrs Diggs

Hey sleep with who ever you want I say.

I mean it did not hurt the indians in Major League.  Charlie Sheen totally nailed Corben Bernsen's wife and they got along just fine....I think they even beat the Yankees...which if you know anything about baseball the 1989 New York Yankees were a juggernaut.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Arkady Renko said:

Pretty much accepted based on rumors? They had a happy photo on Instagram after this event supposedly happened. 

And if it is true, how did Josh do his family dirty? His gf is not his family. 

I too have posted happy pictures in toxic relationships. 

Firebaugh is a town of 8,000 people. Josh knew Brittany because their families are very good friends. Josh has changed the dynamics of his parents relationships with their friends. Friends they had before Josh and Brittany got together. 

11 minutes ago, Nelius said:

I still have no idea what “cap” or “to cap” is. To lie? Diggs seriously needs to grow up. Nobody has time for some weird personal issue from grown men.

yes.

cap=lie

no cap=no lie (which is how I’ve mostly heard it from my kids and their friends)

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

Hey sleep with who ever you want I say.

I mean it did not hurt the indians in Major League.  Charlie Sheen totally nailed Corben Bernsen's wife and they got along just fine....I think they even beat the Yankees...which if you know anything about baseball the 1989 New York Yankees were a juggernaut.

Yeah, but they then lost the World Series according to the sequel. It was at the very beginning of it which is how I know. 

• Like (+1) 1

Edit: it’s captured in replies anyway. Wasn’t worth posting. Caused more *****-stirring and agitation than I thought it would. 

It’s unbelievably tough to talk to someone who is associated with a public personality and discuss just the content of the person’s comments online. 

We can never get away from getting sucked into the game of challenge the veracity of the poster, the veracity of the alleged association, the veracity of the content. I knew that before I posted though. Zero sum game.  

Edited by Juror#8
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

14 hours ago, jlgarsh said:

McDermott shouldn’t have made it public

Diggs made it public when he didn't show up.  Nothing McD was going to say in response to a direct question "Are you concerned?" was going to make the issue or media spotlight go away.  If he said "No" the headline would be 'Coach doesn't care star player blows off team', if he gave some non-answer he'd be flogged for avoiding the questions and all the speculation would still exist. 

I don't understand why so many people are so upset over the words "Very concerned" - it's the truthful response.  People concerned about Diggs' feelings - it's not necesarily a shot at Diggs - if anything it's telling Diggs we are taking your actions seriously (and probably also refers to the internal/organizational breakdown that led to the whole thing in the first place)

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Nelius said:

I don’t care if Josh had 3 bar babies and mocked his girlfriend in front of an audience, these are grown millionaires. There is truly no scenario that allows Diggs to be a petulant child.

This is where I am at. 

9 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I agree that Josh's presser was Chock Full of Conciliation.

But upthread, we had guys saying that the issue was Josh (and the Bills) were Done with walking on egg shells for Diggs and putting up with Diva behavior, and Diggs needed a minute to adjust.

The two aren't compatible.  If you're Done with the Diva STuff, you don't spend 11 minutes in a presser trying to placate and conciliate.

I think it is possible that they did stop walking on egg shells around Diggs.

Diggs not showing up was the the result. 

Now they have to course correct because when you don't handle Diggs with kid gloves this is the result. 

Just my 2 cents. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Juror#8 said:

Josh gets more credit for being locked in and prepared than what he is. 

The frustrations started around October, 2022. 

The level of between game preparation changed considerably year over year. Hunger may be the same from Josh but what he’s doing about it isn’t. 

Little media or fan accountability towards Josh. He can do no wrong so nothing is going to change. Content with being very wealthy and a “celebrity” although in the media he only talks about winning. Actions don’t back up that focus, instinct and intense commitment it takes to win consistently. 

Reiterate again very little scrutiny of Josh. 

Winning consistently and in the biggest moments takes a locked in, all in, all the time, sacrifice that Josh doesn’t have but is given credit for. He’s good but still has a ceiling that he hasn’t approached. Athleticism and “running into defenders” is masking preparatory opportunity areas. 

Not about numbers, rushing yards, playing “hurt.” That’s all narrative. How is everyone preparing and staying focused throughout the season to overcome the obstacles. 

Source: immediate family member who volunteer at Sherwood High School. Maybe they made it all up. Made they’re embellishing. Maybe she’s flexing because she has a Diggs familial connection. Who knows. 

Don’t give a ***** if you don’t believe me. I log in once a year. Had a little information that you might care about or might not. Thought I’d share. 

So because she knew him in high school, she somehow knows what he is like as a pro?  This doesn't gibe with a person who relentlessly worked and sought out people to help him literally transformed his entire throwing motion in a way that every analyst on the planet has said was impossible prior to him doing it.  The level of dedication and commitment to do that was far greater anything most players do.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Juror#8 said:

The level of between game preparation changed considerably year over year. Hunger may be the same from Josh but what he’s doing about it isn’t. 

Little media or fan accountability towards Josh. He can do no wrong so nothing is going to change. Content with being very wealthy and a “celebrity” although in the media he only talks about winning. Actions don’t back up that focus, instinct and intense commitment it takes to win consistently. 

Winning consistently and in the biggest moments takes a locked in, all in, all the time, sacrifice that Josh doesn’t have but is given credit for. He’s good but still has a ceiling that he hasn’t approached. Athleticism and “running into defenders” is masking preparatory opportunity areas. 

Not about numbers, rushing yards, playing “hurt.” That’s all narrative. How is everyone preparing and staying focused throughout the season to overcome the obstacles. 

Source: immediate family member who volunteer at Sherwood High School. Maybe they made it all up. Made they’re embellishing. Maybe she’s flexing because she has a Diggs familial connection. Who knows. 

Don’t give a ***** if you don’t believe me. I log in once a year. Had a little information that you might care about or might not. Thought I’d share. 

Well, I have no idea about whether your sources are credible or not. But the general take? Yeah, that makes some sense. 

15 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

That is one hell of an allegation and a new one on me. Is it possible for you to post a link where you learned this?

It’s not an allegation, it’s recounting what I’ve been told (no “link”) and my opinion as a result.

2 minutes ago, Juror#8 said:

This must be it.

I mean everyday there is a new teammate complaining about how unprepared, lazy and unmotivated Josh Allen is.  At this point where there is smoke there is fire.  

You can't even turn on ESPN without a bills teammate or coach noting how Allen is Lazy and only interested in being a celebrity.

Hopefully they will play the other Allen this year, I heard from some sources that guy lives in the film room.  In washington they called him "Scorcese" for how much time he spent studying film.  

I am very concerned with the Wheel of Fortune hosting job now available that Josh Allen may jump ship. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Juror#8 said:

Perfect, because I 100% do not. 🙄  I would think, you know, the results on the field show that Josh is pretty well prepared.  For f's sake, HE carried the team to several wins on his back... 🤷‍♂️

This thread, wow. :beer: 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

So because she knew him in high school, she somehow knows what he is like as a pro?  This doesn't gibe with a person who relentlessly worked and sought out people to help him literally transformed his entire throwing motion in a way that every analyst on the planet has said was impossible prior to him doing it.  The level of dedication and commitment to do that was far greater anything most players do.

She’s a family member of his. She knew him and high school and all his life and presumably is connected now.

I know her because of where she volunteers. 

46 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

The Diggs Heel Turn does make the June doldrums a little more interesting, doesn't it ...

Yup! 

My source was a bit tipsy last night and was patting himself on the back , claims he personally wrote the "very concerning " remark for McD just to add some spice to the story. Says Goodell loved it and might be up for a promotion scripting prime time games

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Heitz said:

Perfect, because I 100% do not. 🙄  I would think, you know, the results on the field show that Josh is pretty well prepared.  For f's sake, HE carried the team to several wins on his back... 🤷‍♂️

This thread, wow. :beer: 

Sounds good. Thanks for contributing. 

6 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Though the second line is key - frustrations started around October 2022. It's when the offense started to look problematic after an electric start. Most of it thought it was down to Josh's injury, and perhaps it was.

I've always said Josh is the best QB in the league bar none when it comes to talent and skillset. But where the likes of Mahomes and Burrow have the upper hand is consistency and a supreme ability to manage situations when under pressure. I'm not sure if it's still the case, but Josh used to throw up before each game.

Edited by UKBillFan

29 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

Speaking of things being swept under a rug..you provide a ton of content here and a very unique perspective. I feel that goes unappreciated.

Thank you.

In all seriousness, many posters want an echo chamber but echo chambers are boring. Who wouldn’t want different perspectives?

29 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

I'd like to do something nice for you, my friend. If you would DM me your address and tinfoil hat size I'd love to send you a new one. 

😂

• Eyeroll 1

1 minute ago, Juror#8 said:

She’s a family member of his. She knew him and high school and all his life and presumably is connected now.

I know her because of where she volunteers. 

She's a family member of Josh's?

With family members like that...

19 minutes ago, Mango said:

It is pretty much accepted that Josh cheated on Brittany, there was a huge scene, the police were called. I didn't know that was even debatable at this point. 

Because every bored, distraught fan in Buffalo's worst offseason wanted to spread the rumor? So now it's "pretty much accepted"? Cmon man.

8 minutes ago, Juror#8 said:

So I think there is some weight to all of this. I started to think it when I was going through A22 this past season. Josh just wasn't seeing the field, there were a lot of moments where he was just getting by by sheer physiology.

Then he had that QB room interview where the entire thing was satire, and part of it was "how much film do you watch", and they went on and on about how that is all they do. Film 16 hours per day, then film of them watching film. I assumed that meant they actually weren't because that was the entire vibe of the interview. 

Source: Are you saying that you are hearing this from somebody who volunteers at Diggs former HS? 

• Dislike 1

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

Though the second line is key - frustrations started around October 2022. It's when the offense started to look problematic after an electric start. Most of it thought it was down to Josh's injury, and perhaps it was.

I've always said Josh is the best QB in the league bar none when it comes to talent and skillset. But where the likes of Mahomes and Burrow have the upper hand is consistency and the ability to manage situations when under pressure. I'm not sure if it's still the case, but Josh used to throw up before each game.

Josh Injury = pain meds = loss of focus = bad work habits and inability to sit and study film etc.  Makes sense.  

Just trying to link it.

No idea if true

1 minute ago, UKBillFan said:

I'm not sure if it's still the case, but Josh used to throw up before each game.

2020: the guy cares so much about winning, he actually gets such intense butterflies that he throws up before every game!

2023: the guy is the anti-Joe Montana, he's a bundle of nerves, throwing up before every game!

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

Well, I have no idea about whether your sources are credible or not. But the general take? Yeah, that makes some sense. 

Wouldn’t consider it a source. I live in Maryland. An event frequently puts me into contact with a family member who volunteers at a local high school. Her Bills lanyard initially sparked the conversation. 

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Because every bored, distraught fan in Buffalo's worst offseason wanted to spread the rumor? So now it's "pretty much accepted"? Cmon man.

I have a friend who was told by a former player at a wedding this summer. It is one of my best friends, I would trust them with my life. Take it for what its worth, I am not going to argue it. But other than talking to Josh, Britt, or Diggs, hearing it directly from somebody who played with Josh, that is as direct a source as you are going to get. 

• Eyeroll 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.