Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

so you think it's between him and management and not Allen?

I mean...that would be a huge relief imo

Diggs has proven he’s willing to watch the place burn if things happen that he doesn’t like. The scale from McBeane/Dorsey is bad to worse. None are a good option. Better is still very bad based on what Diggs is willing to do.  

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

It looks like Diggs blocked the Buffalo Bills on IG

He just removed them from his followers. There’s no way to tell if he blocked them or just removed them. There’s a difference. 

5 minutes ago, Mango said:

I believe the only team Diggs follows is the Cowboys. 

As far as IG goes you can just remove followers. You don’t have to block them. 

Yeah, but if you remove people, do their "likes" disappear too? I know when you block someone it is, but I am not sure what happens when you remove a follower.

1 minute ago, Mango said:

Diggs has proven he’s willing to watch the place burn if things happen that he doesn’t like. The scale from McBeane/Dorsey is bad to worse. None are a good option. Better is still very bad based on what Diggs is willing to do.  

I think the offense can still function at a Super Bowl level even if Diggs isn't getting along w the staff

but I don't think the team can compete if he and Allen can't get along anymore

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Aimee75 said:

Also, I am listening to Muki Hawkins right now, and he already stated he knows what went down, and his podcast is very Ken Dorsey centric and sounding like Dorsey is the issue in this drama.

A post that makes sense!  The issue likely centers around his perceived lack of being the focal point of the offense, as well as his wanting more input in the game planning.  Makes sense that’s the conversations he’s been having in his meetings with team brass.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

the Bills are no longer following him.

so their official account either unfollowed him (seems unlikely!!) or he blocked them

No. Log into your IG. Check your followers. All of them have the option to “remove” along the right side. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BillsFanForever19 said:

Only Diggs himself or the people running the Bills IG account would know if he blocked them. There's no way for anyone else to know.

Maybe you know more about IG than I do then.  The Bills official account also shows they aren’t following him though?

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

Rebuilding in we need a few more years. We are not going to win next year. Hence no Hopkins or other bigger moves. 

The O improvement is debateable. Nothing we have not done in other years. Harris, Harty, Sherfield, McGov, Kincaid, etc are not sure thing, pro bowl player signings. We are hopeful they work out but are the sane level as Saffold, Crowder, E Sanders, OJ Howard, Quiss, and more. 

Doesn’t mean it won’t work and we have a solid year. Just seeing the other side that could see these not moving the needle. Hopkins to the Bills and they are likely Super Bowl favorites and the talk is how are you going to stop them. Quite different than the I like what they did and think they could be better. 

I'd have to disagree with the O improvements.  None of them are rock stars for sure but I do think that they are at worst, at the same level as the people they are replacing.

Sherfield is the only one I will contest.  He had less targets and 4 less games started but still put out the same amount of yards (5 less yards actually but who cares that much).  TD's were less for Sherfield but when you have Hill and Waddle as your primary receivers you aren't going to get much.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, GoBills808 said:

I think the offense can still function at a Super Bowl level even if Diggs isn't getting along w the staff

but I don't think the team can compete if he and Allen can't get along anymore

That’s fair. I think Diggs is likely gone next year post June 1 and we try and patch this thing up. 

It feels all but guaranteed that Diggs won’t see this contract out in Buffalo. 

33 minutes ago, MikePJ76 said:

impr0ved 0ffensive line, running backs and drafted a weap0n at tight end.

if he is mad ab0ut that he is 100% ab0ut himself and n0t the team.

OL = band aid application; RB= who cares; TE?  Might help probably won't see the ball much as he's a rookie and Mcdermott is a scared, conservative guy when it comes to playing rookies.  Relative to the improvements our main rivals have made, we've gone backwards this off-season.

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

You can remove accounts as followers on IG.  You don’t have to block them to do that. 

Not that it isn’t petty and ridiculous either way. 

God I hate the gram. I’ll just stick with Elon and Twitter.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Mango said:

That’s fair. I think Diggs is likely gone next year post June 1 and we try and patch this thing up. 

from what we know thus far, which granted isn't much of anything, I would agree

• Like (+1) 1

Diggs is a narcissist attention seeker. He wants the power of influence that a franchise QB gets. He’s becoming an embarrassment and showing zero leadership. The Vikings are likely smiling.
Sure the OC isn’t perfect nor is Josh. But, this O is about as set up for him to succeed as any possible team in the league. In his utopia he would play with his brother, and the slightly above average Dak. Sure 👍

Neither side has wiggle room as his asked for and received contract is unforgiving from a trade perspective. Time for Diggs to grow up. He’s going nowhere and I don’t think the Bills are gonna tolerate a whole lot more. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mango said:

They better have a plan to replace that production then. But yeah it was a long shot he played out that extension even without the drama.

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

OL = band aid application; RB= who cares; TE?  Might help probably won't see the ball much as he's a rookie and Mcdermott is a scared, conservative guy when it comes to playing rookies.  Relative to the improvements our main rivals have made, we've gone backwards this off-season.

uhhh...

0k then.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, JoPoy88 said:

God I hate the gram. I’ll just stick with Elon and Twitter.

I also like alcohol and weed over cocaine and crack.  Eventually it catches up to you though 😂

*Disclaimer* I do not condone the usage of any of these drugs. Cheers! :beer:

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Rebuilding in we need a few more years. We are not going to win next year. Hence no Hopkins or other bigger moves. 

The O improvement is debateable. Nothing we have not done in other years. Harris, Harty, Sherfield, McGov, Kincaid, etc are not sure thing, pro bowl player signings. We are hopeful they work out but are the sane level as Saffold, Crowder, E Sanders, OJ Howard, Quiss, and more. 

Doesn’t mean it won’t work and we have a solid year. Just seeing the other side that could see these not moving the needle. Hopkins to the Bills and they are likely Super Bowl favorites and the talk is how are you going to stop them. Quite different than the I like what they did and think they could be better. 

Gotta disagree.  We upgraded on the O-line, at RB, and at WR.  People are sleeping on Harris a bit - his issue is injuries, but when healthy, he'll be a revelation.  We will finally have a running game.

Obviously, Kincaid hasn't played yet - but he has the skills to create real match-up problems for defenses, in a way that we have not been able to do.  Harty & Sherfield both address weaknesses we had in our WR corps last year -  both have great hands, are physical and get good YAC.  Shakir and Cook are both coming into a pivotal 2nd year after showing a lot of promise as the season went on last year.

If Davis can rebound, and Brown can take that next step - this will be the best offense we have had in the JA era, and possibly in Buffalo's history.

• Agree 1

Interesting that the new WR coach met with him as well.  Seems that a combination of wanting more input on game planning, getting the ball more, and not having input on the hiring process for the new WR coach could be at least part of the reason for the current situation with Diggs.

• Agree 3

As a Buffalo Bills fan I support Stefon Diggs over Sean McDermott. Sean McDermott whatever he says isn’t relevant because the Buffalo Bills can’t move Stefon Diggs it’s easy to fire in

head coach Sean McDermott. If I owned the Buffalo Bills this problem would be settled. This goes back in my opinion to Stefon Diggs being very upset losing for two years in a row in the playoffs and Sean McDermott not getting his act together as a head coach. I don’t think Sean McDermott respects Stefon Diggs talent making sure he gets the football. As a Buffalo Bills fan for 49 years I don’t respect Sean McDermott. Respect is earned and Sean McDermott lost me with the Kansas City Chiefs playoff game two years ago. Stefon Diggs wants to win and Sean McDermott wants to play mind games. I would fire Sean McDermott making offensive coordinator Ken Dorsey the new Buffalo Bills head coach and giving Stefon Diggs a raise with a guarantee he is getting the football in my opinion. Go Bills! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by I am leaving for good
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Success said:

Gotta disagree.  We upgraded on the O-line, at RB, and at WR.  People are sleeping on Harris a bit - his issue is injuries, but when healthy, he'll be a revelation.  We will finally have a running game.

Obviously, Kincaid hasn't played yet - but he has the skills to create real match-up problems for defenses, in a way that we have not been able to do.  Harty & Sherfield both address weaknesses we had in our WR corps last year -  both have great hands, are physical and get good YAC.  Shakir and Cook are both coming into a pivotal 2nd year after showing a lot of promise as the season went on last year.

If Davis can rebound, and Brown can take that next step - this will be the best offense we have had in the JA era, and possibly in Buffalo's history.

Thats a lot of IF's. And thats my point. I am a Bills fan so hope these moves pan out. But I would give all those back for Hopkins or similar. A bunch of mediocre guys behind Diggs does not move the needle much in my opinion. 

On the flip side - If any of our rivals signed these exact guys nobody would blink an eye. 

3 minutes ago, ngbills said:

Thats a lot of IF's. And thats my point. I am a Bills fan so hope these moves pan out. But I would give all those back for Hopkins or similar. A bunch of mediocre guys behind Diggs does not move the needle much in my opinion. 

On the flip side - If any of our rivals signed these exact guys nobody would blink an eye. 

I would have been bummed if the Chiefs got Harris, or the Bengals got Kincaid. 

I know what you're saying to an extent.  But as much as I hate them, I have to look at the blueprint the Patriots set.  They never would have even considered a Diggs/Hopkins kind of combo of elite receivers. They only invested in an elite receiver once, and that didn't pan out for them.

It was more about the trenches, and building more physical teams.  I don't think we need to do the exact same things, but I've never been on the Hopkins train.

Edited by Success

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

Again, this is all about Hopkins isn’t it? That’s okay, I’d love to have him too. Two to tango and all that though and we don’t really know what his demands or preferences are right now. 

As for the fill ins being “mediocre” we have no idea how Kincaid is going to look here. A rookie sure, but maybe he’ll be a revelation. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.