Diggs NOT at mandatory minicamp, McDermott "very concerned" DAY 2 UPDATE: He's back

Process

1 minute ago, teef said:

You really feel what he said was unresonable?

When your head coach is saying he is "very concerned" that his star WR is not at a MANDATORY minicamp, and the last time we saw him he was screaming at the franchise QB and storming out of the locker room before the coaches even got in there to address the team, and he removed references to the Bills from social media.

Then yes, it's unreasonable to say you need MORE information. 

There is enough information here to convict him in a court of law for goodness sakes.

I will say this - if Diggs is bitter about being on the Bills due to last year and doesn't AGAIN like his fit in the offense. 

Then the Bills should tell him, restructure your deal now so we can trade you.  (note - not sure if his contract can be restructured again or not)

Diggs will then be committing career suicide and GM's/Coaches will see now that it is a pattern of this behavior.  Not saying a team wouldn't play him, but there will be a major red flag that will follow him around.  

Edited by CaliBills

Just now, Shanahan's Horseshoe said:

This is just who Diggs is.  If things don’t go his way in the regular season he’ll behave like a baby again.  We saw his best but usually people revert back to who they are.  

Vikings fan are doing a lot of "told you so" today.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I'm the President of a company. I have risen to heights that most can only dream of. My IQ is tested. I am the opposite of a joke.

And I'm certainly smart enough to see that the homers have their teeth out today, as they have been proven disastrously and humiliatingly wrong.

ohhhhhhhh outstanding.  

• Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Stef is months away from being 30 years old.

That is a grown man.

That is true. But to me, he is still a kid... wish I was 30 still.

We need to end this thread.

@mods - this is getting off the rails. Until the real news is released please end thread.

• Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

The night before the Cincy game is one thing and apparantly that has been resolved amongst friends. But showing up to Mandatory camp with "substance" in medical test, having words with the GM etc at same appointment is not a good thing.

Do you actually have a source for this “information” or is it just unsubstantiated rumor and speculation?  Enlighten us.  

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

Gotta be coaching, imo.

I think he's still upset that Dorsey & McD refused to get him the ball when the team needed a spark the most. Feels like he's sending a message of "If you dont think I'm that important to our success, look at what you have on the field without me". And again, this isnt about him getting touches as much as not being relied on or called upon when the team could use his contribution the most.

I'm just guessing but there really cant be much else.

1 hour ago, loveorhatembillsfan4life said:

Maybe Diggs isn’t satisfied that they have done enough to help him out at Wr2?

Maybe he has another photoshoot of some trendy clothes to model for everyone.. 

I don’t know, I really thought he would be there today..

1 hour ago, DrDawkinstein said:

I think it's mostly this. And a bit of McD being soft.

At the MNF game, Diggs was the only player getting ready to re-take the field and pumping his teammates up before McD pulled the plug.

At the Cincy playoff game, Diggs was one of maybe 3 players (Milano and kinda Edmunds) that showed up to play.

I think he wants more fire from the coach. Plus a different Offensive philosophy.

Again, totally guessing.

26 minutes ago, Nephilim17 said:

Diggs met with McDermott and the GM... is that standard (I honestly don't know) for a marquee player to meet with the GM before camp starts?

I think Diggs is not happy about the direction of the team. He wants to win and knows there is a short window. Meeting with the GM is telling of that.

It could be issues with Dorsey. It could be an issue with not getting help at WR2. It could be attitude - "if nobody else cares why should I" "you dont care what I have to say then I am clearly not that important". 

Bottom line Diggs wants to win. I am not sure he sees anything the Bills are doing to be the same all in attitude. It can look more like what we call the process- reward our guys and be competitive so we have jobs for many years.

• Thank you (+1) 1
  • Dislike 1

7 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I'm the President of a company and have been a bit of a prodigy since 15 years old.

I have risen to heights that most can only dream of.

My IQ is tested.

I am the opposite of a joke.

And I can see that the homers have their teeth out today, as they have been proven disastrously and humiliatingly wrong.

Pathetic. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Just now, Dillenger4 said:

That's understandable (that to some people 30 is quite young).

But in the NFL, 30  years is old is a veteran. Even in the business world, we have 30 year old CEO's now.

He can't continue to act like this.

When your head coach is saying he is "very concerned" that his star WR is not at a MANDATORY minicamp, and the last time we saw him he was screaming at the franchise QB and storming out of the locker room before the coaches even got in there to address the team, and he removed references to the Bills from social media.

There is enough information here to convict him in a court of law for goodness sakes.

well i'm concerned too, but i'd like to see an explanation.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Dillenger4 said:

We need to end this thread.

@mods - this is getting off the rails. Until the real news is released please end thread.

I mean the real news is he's not there

until then what else is there to do except speculate why lol

1 minute ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Worst case scenario what are the options? The cap hit would be massive he can’t be traded. It’s either sit out or show up 

He doesn’t strike me as the type of guy that’s going to give up game checks. He isn’t going to miss anything that actually matters.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BillsFan130 said:

I defended Diggs a lot to this point, but this is inexcusable IMO

Same! But this really is inexcusable 

They should rip that C off his jersey asap

Just heard on espn nyc that he's in Buffalo and met with McD and Beane yesterday 

Bart Scott said he never heard of a player meeting with a GM in minicamp unless it was a serious dispute 🤷‍♂️ but I'm Def getting Minnesota vibes

Edited by JerseyBills
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ngbills said:

I think Diggs is not happy about the direction of the team.

I completely trust Simon when he says Diggs was upset about Dorsey in the playoff game.

So you may be right on with your thought it is about the direction of the team.

Doubt it's Josh related.

1 minute ago, teef said:

well i'm concerned too, but i'd like to see an explanation.  

Doubt we get one.

This is the same guy that ran out of the stadium after the playoff game without even talking to his TEAMMATES. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’d be intrigued to revisit some of the historic notable no-shows to mandatory camp over the years and the ultimately outcome for each of them.  I.e. what % of these disgruntled players end up playing for their team when it’s all said and done and the season begins?   

it SEEMS like the vast majority end up reporting to their teams (and do NOT get traded or hold out the entire season)  but also most players hold out due to contract and that’s not the case here, so it’s definitely weird and unusual… making it all the more frustrating. 

thanks Diggs

Guys - with all respect: The last time McD saw Diggs was at a medical appointment yesterday.

His agent is clearly speaking and noting that Stef will be here throughout camp.

This is not a good thing. He is NOT holding out. Pleaese stop with your "rip the C off", "He's a baby" comments.

Wait until further tests are completed and then we can comment.

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

I completely trust Simon when he says Diggs was upset about Dorsey in the playoff game.

Doubt it's Josh related.

Na, the Diggs rant, was clearly directed at Josh because he was out the night before the Cincinnati game bangin Hollywood Broads. 

Diggs wanted him to be at his place playing call of duty.

Money has changed Josh and his big timein Diggs now. Josh is all Hollywood now and is too good for Diggs. 

@LeviF

/s

Edited by CountDorkula
  • Haha (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Einstein said:

Bwwwwwwaaaa haaaaaa haaaaaaa - classic.  Yes, why would we possibly want MORE information when we can speculate with the three data points YOU provided? 🙄  I'm not even sure the eyeroll emoji truly captures my eyeballs rolling into my skull :beer: 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Doubt it's Josh related.

Doubt we get one.

This is the same guy that ran out of the stadium after the playoff game without even talking to his TEAMMATES. 

There's no defending that action,  especially as a Captain and leader but im sure we don't even know the half of why that transpired. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.