Stadium Construction Discussion (No PSL/Seat selection posts)

JÂy RÛßeÒ

1 hour ago, JoPoy88 said:

Hammer said on twitter a while back that  he was told no private lot holders would be affected. Obviously things can change, but according to him they should be all good.

He will be fine.  Based on the current designs, there’s no need for eminent domain to take his property.  And any change in the design to support eminent domain better be undoubtedly necessary (and probably based upon new information) if someone wants to pursue a taking.  Besides, at this point, Hammer could gum it up enough and delay the process so that any taking wouldn’t be worthwhile given the delay it would cause in construction.  They’ll have to buy him out if they want him gone. 

• Like (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Don't forget knob in Albany talking about 'Austin Bills".  

Some are just contrarians to get attention.

46 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

That patch of land is still sitting out in letchworth too.

Or Wawrow's claim that Howard Milstein was buying up land in NF to move them there...

5 hours ago, Homey D. Clown said:

Having spent my whole life knwing only Rich Stadium as the home of the Bills, this seems kinda sad to me.  I know the place was old, but there wasn't a bad seat in the joint, and other than the lack of restrooms, it was by far the easiest stadium to get around in.  You could get in from any gate, that can't be said at many of these new stadiums.  Ohh well, at least that keeps the team in Buffalo till I'm dead...

I have been going since I  my dad took me when I was kid in the late 70's.   So I'll miss it too from a nostalgic standpoint.  But I can't wait for a huge upgrade.

I don't live in WNY anymore, but usually get to at least 1 home game and a couple road games a season.  Rich / Ralph / New Era is the bottom of the barrel for current NFL stadiums.   I would rate it as the absolute worst stadium for  entry  on game day, and getting through the cramped corridors and trying to pee, while you're missing game action is not a fun experience.    

2026 seems a long way off.

• Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, gobilz said:

Is the porta potty on site ?

Yes - with round communal sink

Edited by stevewin

Drove past the stadium today on Abbot Rd. Out in the middle of the lot where the new stadium will be is  single steam shovel.

I was at the  Browns- Bills playoff game back in 1990 at old Cleveland Municipal Stadium on Lake Erie. Dumped our coals on the Lake ice after tailgating and they had port-a-pottys in the concourse outside the bathrooms.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Wacka said:

I was at the  Browns- Bills playoff game back in 1990 at old Cleveland Municipal Stadium on Lake Erie. Dumped our coals on the Lake ice after tailgating and they had port-a-pottys in the concourse outside the bathrooms.

the good old days!

7 hours ago, Wacka said:

Drove past the stadium today on Abbot Rd. Out in the middle of the lot where the new stadium will be is  single steam shovel.

I went to a Cleveland Indians game at the old Cleveland Municipal Stadium 30+ years ago. It was a night game in April and with the wind coming off Lake Erie, it was the coldest baseball game I’ve ever been to.  Its old nickname,”the mistake on the lake” , kept coming to mind.  My wife & I brought a blanket from the hotel and had to fight off the Indians mascot (at that time it looked kind of like the Phillies fanatic mascot), who kept trying to borrow our blanket! 

I’m thrilled & relieved that the Bills are officially staying where they belong, in Buffalo!  

Edited by Tulsabillsfanz

8 hours ago, Wacka said:

Do you drive past regularly?  Any chance you can provide regular updates?  

8 hours ago, PBF81 said:

Do you drive past regularly?  Any chance you can provide regular updates?  

Just happened to be in OP yesterday  And on Thursday night, the TV said there was equipment there, so I wanted to see. Oh, Hammers Lot is nice ad green right now. I go to BJs at Milestrip nd McKinley every couple of weeks or so.  If I am out that way, I'll swing by.

• Thank you (+1) 1

23 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Kind of.  That's a view of ECC's field which is on the other side of current Hymark from where the stadium is to be built.  It's a staging area.

It came from your post--I bolded it.  You said Buffalo fans are blue collar and can't afford the tikets/PSLs, yet you then claimed all of these "wealthy people will buy them

I talked ot my Brother in law last night.

he said his tickets should only cost him somewhere between $1500  to $3000 for a PSL and thats what he feels he can afford

But he also said the premium seat holders will be expecting to pay $10000 - $15000 and many of those folks might look to move their seats to something more palletable $$$$  which wil have a bump effect

It will be interesting to see how this does shake out, definietly going to be painful for a chunck of season ticket holders

• Like (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Wacka said:

I had to look up what a steam shovel was.   I'm pretty certain there wasn't one of those out there. :lol:

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, BUFFALOBART said:

I was there, as well. I had to strain my neck to see around the steel girder, that was directly in front of my seat. :wallbash:

Eric Metcalf, and Ronnie Harmon, and Ronnie's bookie killed us..

Fixed it for you. 😇

53 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

I had to look up what a steam shovel was.   I'm pretty certain there wasn't one of those out there. :lol:

34 minutes ago, WhoTom said:

Most likely a backhoe.

21 minutes ago, Wacka said:

Ok,a big excavator.  To me, a backhoe is what a contractor uses to dig a new sewer line from your house to the main. I'm  a senior (boomer).

Wacka's second answer clarifies.  But there is a large number who know exactly what he meant.

Heavy machinery is really progressing with new and innovative solutions to dirt and demolition.

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

9 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Heavy machinery is really progressing with new and innovative solutions to dirt and demolition.

Is it?   Diesel excavators have been around for 100 years.   I expect the Bills stadium to be constructed with lot's of seemingly modest sized equipment that will take tons of time to do the job and subsequently make the production cost much more difficult to calculate.    And of course, thousands and thousands of tiny 1/4 full loads of excavated material trucked to remote locations to be dumped.   All that small bite construction is how you drain the budget and line your pockets in that biz.   

3 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Is it?   Diesel excavators have been around for 100 years.   I expect the Bills stadium to be constructed with lot's of seemingly modest sized equipment that will take tons of time to do the job and subsequently make the production cost much more difficult to calculate.    And of course, thousands and thousands of tiny 1/4 full loads of excavated material trucked to remote locations to be dumped.   All that small bite construction is how you drain the budget and line your pockets in that biz.   

I was speaking of the new innovations in equipment.  Not questionable business practices.

2 hours ago, ddaryl said:

I talked ot my Brother in law last night.

he said his tickets should only cost him somewhere between $1500  to $3000 for a PSL and thats what he feels he can afford

But he also said the premium seat holders will be expecting to pay $10000 - $15000 and many of those folks might look to move their seats to something more palletable $$$$  which wil have a bump effect

It will be interesting to see how this does shake out, definietly going to be painful for a chunck of season ticket holders

the PSL prices have been released by the Bills? 

9 minutes ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

I was speaking of the new innovations in equipment.  Not questionable business practices.

It's only innovative if it gets bought and used for jobs.   It only gets bought for the jobs if using it makes the buyer more money per minute in the grand scheme.   It's not really questionable business practice to do what makes you more money........that's kinda' the point of business.   Real innovation forces the change.   Like digital imaging largely turning Kodak from what would have otherwise been a company worth trillions today into a company that is instead worth a fraction of the soon-to-be labor cost on the new Bills stadium.:lol:

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

He said he received some information, and he usually is in tune with this stuff... 

Which also explains the wide range for his tickets PSL of $1500 - $3000 cost I quoted him on. 

10 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

He said he received some information, and he usually is in tune with this stuff... 

Which also explains the wide range for his tickets PSL of $1500 - $3000 cost I quoted him on. 

Wouldn't all STHers have this same info?

3 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

That’s definitely NOT how public works construction is done. Just saying. 

• Eyeroll 1

5 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

don’t forget 6 people standing around watching for every 1 person working 

😏

• Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

don’t forget 6 people standing around watching for every 1 person working 

😏

Nah the guy in SoCal where SoFi stadium ended up costing twice as much as budgeted and was a year late being finished assures us that public works construction is not loaded with inefficiencies that probably should have been worked out in the past 50 years.

• Haha (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Wouldn't all STHers have this same info?

My brother in law is pretty connected when it comes to this, and it sounds very plausible from a co$t perspective

Anyway it really is hearsay until its official

I just feel given the tid bits of info that is out there, the reality of a new stadium and a surging team, a solid chunck of Season ticket holders will have to think hard about the investment IMO. 

It will be interesting to see what happens here but a new stadium will be conserably more expensive for fans.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Nah the guy in SoCal where SoFi stadium ended up costing twice as much as budgeted and was a year late being finished assures us that public works construction is not loaded with inefficiencies that probably should have been worked out in the past 50 years.

Cost overruns are generally not due to the inefficiencies you’re referring to. And believe me when I say the ‘guy in SoCal’ has already forgotten more about public work’s construction than you ever thought you knew. 

Edited by SoCal Deek

2 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Cost overruns are generally not due to the inefficiencies you’re referring to. And believe me when I say the ‘guy in SoCal’ has already forgotten more about public work’s construction than you ever thought you knew. 

So memory loss is the issue?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

My brother in law is pretty connected when it comes to this, and it sounds very plausible from a co$t perspective

I just feel given the tid bits of info that is out there, the reality of a new stadium and a surging team, a solid chunck of Season ticket holders will have to think hard about the investment IMO. 

It will be interesting to see what happens here but a new stadium will be conserably more expensive for fans.

Sure, some will be priced out.  If it's a large number then it will be interesting to see what happens when there are much fewer takers than Pegula hoped.  Then he will have to actually have to pay some of "his" share of construction out of pocket--and be forced to consider lowering the PSLs, giveng partial refunds to those who already bought them at the opening price.

I could never go to Buffalo for every home game so it's not worth it to me even as an investment--especially with the cost of PSL thrown in.  Resale isn't always above face value for all tickets.  In fact I always go to games on tickets on the secondary market.  You can nearly always find a seat trading for below retail.

• Agree 3

19 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

They released them in that survey that they sent out, what now, maybe 18 months ago or so.  They seem to have stuck to those in subsequent releases of info.  

11 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

They released them in that survey that they sent out, what now, maybe 18 months ago or so.  They seem to have stuck to those in subsequent releases of info.  

I thought that's those numbers they released then were more of a "feeler" to gauge where the current STHers felt would be a worthwhile investment and not official costs.

Could be wrong though.

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

I thought that's those numbers they released then were more of a "feeler" to gauge where the current STHers felt would be a worthwhile investment and not official costs.

Could be wrong though.

No, I think that's right, but remember, they don't pull those numbers out of thin air.  They seem to have supported them since then.  We should find out soon.  It's in the interests of both the team and fans to release them, open up sales, and give fans as much time as possible to pay for those PSLs over the few years it will take the stadium to be built.  

I'm with you, I only do secondary market anymore.  Between the whacky weekend weather and flex games now, it's too risky to plan that far ahead, I even buy mine after the game gets locked in schedule wise.  I'd rather pay a little more and be certain.  

We travel so well that road games are good options too.  

Anyway, Jets that survey, was in an article by Tim Graham in The Atlantic exactly a year ago.  

----

Coverage: Minimal, roof canopy-adjacent
Heating: None
Annual price per seat: $990
One-time PSL: $2,100

Coverage: None
Annual price per seat: $1,730
One-time PSL: $3,950

Coverage: Significant
Annual price per seat: $900
One-time PSL: $1,150

Annual price per seat: $1,900
One-time PSL: $4,850

Annual price per seat: $1,580
One-time PSL: $3,200

One-time PSL: $2,600

Annual price per seat: $750
One-time PSL: $750

Heating: Above seats
Annual price per seat: $2,080
One-time PSL: $5,950

Annual price per seat: $820

Annual price per seat: $1,090

One-time PSL: $1,400

One-time PSL: $1,750

Annual price per seat: $1,440

Annual price per seat: $2,280
One-time PSL: $9,000

Coverage: Moderate, canopy overhead
One-time PSL: $600

Annual price per seat: $1,190

Annual price per seat: $1,310

Individual premium seating options

Location: Mezzanine-level club seat between 40- and 25-yard lines
Food and beverage: A la carte
Annual price per seat: $2,800
One-time PSL: $11,200

Annual price per seat: $4,000
One-time PSL: $20,000

Annual price per seat: $4,350
One-time PSL: $13,600

Annual price per seat: $5,050

Annual price per seat: $5,350
One-time PSL: $9,200

Location: Mezzanine-level club seat between 10-yard line and end zone
Annual price per seat: $2,400
One-time PSL: $5,150

Annual price per seat: $6,050
One-time PSL: $24,250

Location: Lower-level club suite between 40- and 25-yard lines
Annual price per seat: $4,500

Location: Mezzanine-level club suite between 25- and 10-yard lines
Annual price per seat: $3,000
One-time PSL: $6,250

Suite seating options

Number of seats: 16
Food and beverage: All-inclusive
Annual price: $198,150
One-time PSL: Not required

Number of seats: Four
Annual price: $75,150

Annual price: $54,000

Annual price: $60,250

Number of seats: Eight
Coverage: Enclosed
Heating: Climate-controlled
Annual price: $103,450

Annual price: $347,700

Annual price: $214,150

Annual price: $63,250

Annual price: $267,700

Annual price: $77,100

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

No, I think that's right, but remember, they don't pull those numbers out of thin air.  They seem to have supported them since then.  We should find out soon.  It's in the interests of both the team and fans to release them, open up sales, and give fans as much time as possible to pay for those PSLs over the few years it will take the stadium to be built.  

I'm with you, I only do secondary market anymore.  Between the whacky weekend weather and flex games now, it's too risky to plan that far ahead, I even buy mine after the game gets locked in schedule wise.  I'd rather pay a little more and be certain.  

We travel so well that road games are good options too.  

Anyway, Jets that survey, was in an article by Tim Graham in The Atlantic exactly a year ago.  

----

Annual price per seat: $1,730

Annual price per seat: $900
One-time PSL: $1,150

Annual price per seat: $1,900

One-time PSL: $3,200

One-time PSL: $750

Annual price per seat: $820

One-time PSL: $1,400

One-time PSL: $9,000

Coverage: Moderate, canopy overhead
One-time PSL: $600

Annual price per seat: $1,310

Individual premium seating options

Annual price per seat: $4,000

Annual price per seat: $5,050

Annual price per seat: $5,350
One-time PSL: $9,200

Location: Mezzanine-level club seat between 10-yard line and end zone
Annual price per seat: $2,400
One-time PSL: $5,150

Annual price per seat: $6,050
One-time PSL: $24,250

Location: Lower-level club suite between 40- and 25-yard lines

Location: Mezzanine-level club suite between 25- and 10-yard lines
Annual price per seat: $3,000
One-time PSL: $6,250

Suite seating options

Annual price: $198,150

Annual price: $75,150

Annual price: $54,000

Annual price: $103,450

Annual price: $347,700

Annual price: $214,150

Annual price: $267,700

Annual price: $77,100

There's been no mention of them since then.

51 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Could be wrong though.

I'm pretty sure I heard an interview with Ron Raccuia on Friday where he said those prices were "on the ballpark".

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, ddaryl said:

STH will definitely have to really think about the investment. It’s not just dropping 2k-4K on ST anymore. Even if prices stayed the same your still looking at likely 3-6k for the average PSL. 

the Bills likely won’t be worried though. There’s currently a 7k person wait list to get seats. Add that to the 10k less seats the new stadium will hold. They will likely get somewhere in between 7-17k people to cancel their seats and just take from the new pool of people on the wait list.

one thing can be assured, you will likely see a different kind of crowd at Bills game when the new stadium is built. Which is a good thing IMO.

20 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Not officially yet. But it should be coming very soon. By this summer they will start to contact ST holders 

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

There's been no mention of them since then.

As CA OC said, there's been mention of them, typically in interviews, by team people, I don't recall, but probably Raccuia, stating that those were in the ballpark.  

We should know definitively soon.  The whole process will be quite interesting as will the fan feedback.  

30 minutes ago, mrags said:

STH will definitely have to really think about the investment. It’s not just dropping 2k-4K on ST anymore. Even if prices stayed the same your still looking at likely 3-6k for the average PSL. 

the Bills likely won’t be worried though. There’s currently a 7k person wait list to get seats. Add that to the 10k less seats the new stadium will hold. They will likely get somewhere in between 7-17k people to cancel their seats and just take from the new pool of people on the wait list.

one thing can be assured, you will likely see a different kind of crowd at Bills game when the new stadium is built. Which is a good thing IMO.

Not officially yet. But it should be coming very soon. By this summer they will start to contact ST holders 

Yeah, it'll be quite interesting for sure.  Someone in this thread already mentioned lowers moving up to maintain their game budgets, which will put the sqeeze on those in those seats currently.  The whole thing sounds kinda messy, but it is what it is.  

Agree with you tho, particularly on the improved crowd.  Hope so anyway.  And hopefully walking from the tailgate location to the gates won't be like walking thru skid-row.  

In other news, Allen will be 31 when the new stadium opens.  

25 minutes ago, PBF81 said:

As CA OC said, there's been mention of them, typically in interviews, by team people, I don't recall, but probably Raccuia, stating that those were in the ballpark.  

We should know definitively soon.  The whole process will be quite interesting as will the fan feedback.  

Yeah, it'll be quite interesting for sure.  Someone in this thread already mentioned lowers moving up to maintain their game budgets, which will put the sqeeze on those in those seats currently.  The whole thing sounds kinda messy, but it is what it is.  

Agree with you tho, particularly on the improved crowd.  Hope so anyway.  And hopefully walking from the tailgate location to the gates won't be like walking thru skid-row.  

In other news, Allen will be 31 when the new stadium opens.  

Haha. I was gonna comment about walking through a cesspool on the way into the game. 

yeah. It’s definitely going to be messy. A lot of fans will look to keep their budgets similar if possible. A way to do that will be to downgrade. Possibly saving on tickets but spending additional funds for PSLs. Same goes for seniority, the higher seniority people will get their picks first. Leaving nothing but terrible seats, or extremely expensive seats left to others without seniority. 

one of the reasons I upgraded to clubs this season. Because clubs eat members are going to get first crack. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, mrags said:

one of the reasons I upgraded to clubs this season. Because clubs eat members are going to get first crack. 

Smart move!  

I'm quite content with secondaries, particularly since I live out of town.  

It should be interesting, and the comments here as well.