TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed!!!

Virgil

2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Personally, I wouldn't trade anything for Aaron Rodgers, and I definitely wouldn't have made the signings the Jets did on his behalf.  I'm not arguing his talent.  My issue is not knowing if he will play for more than a year.  Rodgers has proven he will throw a temper tantrum the moment things don't go his way.  Rodgers is heading into arguably the toughest division with a new HC and new weapons.  Yes, he knows the OC and one receiver, but that's still a lot to expect him to come in an win big immediately.  And if things don't go to plan, what will he do after the season?

He's just too big a gamble.  I'd sign him as a FA if that's all it took, but the rest of this is stupid to me

Yup, I could not agree more with you. I personally also would not trade for him either for those very reasons...

13 hours ago, Zerovoltz said:

You're the best Happy Days!  THANKS!

Whoever is Arizona gets a Tim Hortons gift card for screen shot showing some aggressive laughter at any Hopkins trade proposals 😆😆😆

1 hour ago, mannc said:

A year ago, Washington traded two third round picks for Carson Wentz😀

Lol the draft capital and salary thrown at this dude hasssss to have passed Bradford as the all time #1 asset burner.

Who else is even in the ballpark of these two?

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

I just looked it up.  Since Lamar hasn't signed the tag, he is not eligible to be traded yet.  

If there's something out there that proves it wrong, please post it

Yes, this is all hypothetical, saying that he will sign the tender so he can be traded. Just like Aaron Rodgers hasn’t actually been traded yet but it’s OK whatever the consensus wants. Just don’t be surprised if he actually does get traded during the draft 😉 

8 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

Yes, this is all hypothetical, saying that he will sign the tender so he can be traded. Just like Aaron Rodgers hasn’t actually been traded yet but it’s OK whatever the consensus wants. Just don’t be surprised if he actually does get traded during the draft 😉 

Agreed. My personal opinion is that he gets signed after the draft by the Colts.  That way they give up a 1st next year, which won’t be as high a pick

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

Agreed. My personal opinion is that he gets signed after the draft by the Colts.  That way they give up a 1st next year, which won’t be as high a pick

I actually agree with you on that… they’ve got the right head coach the crazy owner and they’re sticking it to their old city, but it’s more fun to trade him for the purposes of this mock ha ha

Edited by NeverOutNick

With the 3rd selection, the Arizona Cardinals select Will Anderson Jr., DE, Alabama

Reason:  Cardinals have holes everywhere but they take arguably the top prospect in the draft.  Anderson, who had great production as a three year starter at Alabama, excels as both a pass rusher and run defender.  He'll be a foundational force on the defensive line for years to come.  There were some people pounding the table for Carter but there were character/motivation concerns even before the deadly car accident that seemed to be confirmed by his disastrous pro day.

The Colts @CNYfan are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 5

Everyone, 

Regarding trades that involve current NFL players.  Before even starting the trade conversation, please make sure you find a credible website that shows where that player is available for trade.  

For example, the Bills currently have no one that is on the trade block.   Oliver is a fan theory, but no one credible has ever confirmed the Bills are considering that.  

• Like (+1) 3

At the 4th Selection in Virgil's Annual TSW Mock Draft the Indianapolis Colts draft Anthony Richardson, QB, Florida.   There was a long look at Will Levis and some flirtation with a Ravens trade, but the idea of a young QB, even one who the Colts hope to sit for a full season, on a rookie deal swayed the decision to Anthony.  A. Richardson is a high upside project.  The Colts will likely again sign a veteran to handle the reigns while AR is brought up to speed.

The Seattle Seahawks  @section122 are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Shocked 2

With the 5th pick the seattle seahawks select jalen carter dl georgia.  The lions and @mannc are on the clock.

I get the character concerns but carter is a game wrecker.  I thought about tyree here but the foot injury, lack of testing numbers, and being a projection pick led me to Carter.  He fills one of the hawks biggest needs and continues the dl arms race in the nfc west.

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, section122 said:

With the 5th pick the seattle seahawks select jalen carter dl georgia.  The lions and @mannc are on the clock.

I get the character concerns but carter is a game wrecker.  I thought about tyree here but the foot injury, lack of testing numbers, and being a projection pick led me to Carter.  He fills one of the hawks biggest needs and continues the dl arms race in the nfc west.

In a world where Richardson isn't there and Carter is (i.e. this mock) I think Pete Carroll would take all of 0.01 seconds to turn in the card. The right pick.

55 minutes ago, section122 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if there is/are at least some kind of civil suit(s) in carter's future. In the video I watched, the cop asking questions was more like Barney Fife and I'm shocked he didn't ask for a selfie and autograph. Carter may be good for a short while, but I think things will unravel.

44 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

In a world where Richardson isn't there and Carter is (i.e. this mock) I think Pete Carroll would take all of 0.01 seconds to turn in the card. The right pick.

Yeah if any of the top 3 qbs were there I would have grabbed one.  If it wasnt the cards at 3 I might have tried to trade up.

I was hoping anderson somehow fell but carter is a nice consolation prize.

With the 6th pick in the TSW 2023 NFL Mock draft, the Detroit Lions select Devon Witherspoon, CB, Univ of Illinois.

We were hoping Carter would fall to us, but we’re happy to take the best corner in the draft.  Witherspoon is extremely physical and has great man-cover ability.  Fills a huge need, too.

@HappyDays and the LV Raiders are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, mannc said:

With the 6th pick in the TSW 2023 NFL Mock draft, the Detroit Lions select Devon Witherspoon, CB, Univ of Illinois.

We were hoping Carter would fall to us, but we’re happy to take the best corner in the draft.  Witherspoon is extremely physical and has great man-cover ability.  Fills a huge need, too.

I might quibble on the choice of corner (but all the top 3 are good prospects don't think Witherspoon is 'wrong' per se) but agree with your reasoning. It is Carter if he falls or whoever the Lions have as CB1.

14 hours ago, Motorin' said:

As the GM of the Denver Broncos, I am currently taking calls for WR Courtland Sutton and WR Jerry Jeudy. 

Have you checked with Sean Payton? If not, you're about to get beaten within an inch of your life.

• Haha (+1) 1

On 4/5/2023 at 3:29 PM, Virgil said:

Hi Everyone, it's that time of year again. 

Welcome to the Stadium Wall Mock Draft 1.0 with full trades.  This mock will consist of 3 rounds.   For those new to the party, TSW members volunteer to operate a team as the GM, with full authority to make trades and player selections.  Please read the below rules and formatting. 

If you are interested in being a GM, please:

-Have at least 6 months tenure on this forum

-Have at least 200 posts

-Reply to this thread with the 3 teams, ranked in order of which you are willing to operate (Failure to list 3 could cause someone to take your spot)

Rules:

-Mock Draft 1.0 will have trades (2.0 will have no trades)

-All trades must be approved by me.  Create a DM with me, yourself, and the team you are trading with. 

-All trades must follow the draft value chart HERE

-Current NFL Players can be traded, but only players known to be on the trade block (Hopkins, Lamar, etc)

--Anyone who takes the Jets or Packers are expected to make a trade for Rodgers.  I've never mandated something like this before, but we all know it's going to happen)

-The Draft will start within at the start of business day after we have all of our owners

-Each owner has 4 hours to make their selection. (Draft hours are 8a-10p est.  If your 4 hours goes beyond that time, you have one hour to make your selection starting at 8a the next day)

-Each selection must have an explanation, discussing the thought process behind the pick.

-The Buffalo Bills selection will be made by a Poll from all site members. 

-There will be 3 rounds for 1.0

-If your team has multiple first round picks, you are responsible for all of the picks (if your team has back to back picks, you only get 4 hours for both picks)

Format:

With the 25th selection, the Buffalo Bill select Josh Allen, QB, Wyoming

Reason:  Because he wake up every day and chooses violence

The Ravens @Virgil is on the clock

Draft Order

Round 1

1 - Panthers (3000) - Kirby Jackson - CJ Stroud, QB, Ohio St

2 - Texans (2600) - wppete - Bryce Young, QB, Alabama

3 - Cardinals (2200) - Doc Brown

4 - Colts (1800) - CNYfan

5 - Seahawks (1700) - section122

6 - Lions (1600) - mannc

7 - Raiders (1500) - HappyDays

8 - Falcons(1400) - RyanC883

9 - Bears (1350) - MrEpsYtown

10 - Eagles (1300) - Big Blitz

11 - Titans (1250) - Alphadawg7

12 - Texans (1200) - wppete

13 - Jets (1150) - NewEra

14 - Patriots (1100) - inaugural balls

15 - Packers (1050) - bkep32

16 - Commanders (1000) - Alphadawg7

17 - Steelers (950) - GunnerBill

18 - Lions (900) - mannc

19 - Bucs (875) - Virgil

20 - Seahawks (850) - section122

22 - Ravens (780) - NeverOutNick

23 - Vikings (760) - BigdaddyinOrlando

24 - Jaguars (740) - LEBills

25 - Giants (720) - Chaos

26 - Cowboys (700) - Might Rather

27 - Bills (680) - TSW Poll

28 - Bengals (660) - aristocrat

29 - Saints (640) - frostbitmic

30 - Eagles (620) - Big Blitz

31 - Chiefs (600) - Zerovoltz

Round 2

32 - Steelers (590) - GunnerBill

33 - Texans (580) - wppete

34 - Cardinals (560) - Doc Brown

35 - Colts (550) - CNYfan

36 - Rams (540) - NewEra

37 - Seahawks (530) - section122

38 - Raiders (520) - HappyDays

39 - Panthers (510) - Kirby Jackson

40 - Saints (500) - frostbitmic

41 - Titans (490) - Alphadawg7

42 - Jets (480) - NewEra

43 - Jets (470) *Trade* Packers - bkep32 - 

44 - Falcons (460) - RyanC883

45 - Packers (450) - bkep32

46 - Patriots (440) - inaugural balls

47 - Commanders (430) - Alphadawg7

48 - Lions (420) - mannc

49 - Steelers (410) - GunnerBill

50 - Bucs (400) - Virgil

51 - Dolphins (390) - TBBills Fan

52 - Seahawks (380) - section122

53 - Bears (370) - MrEpsYtown

54 - Chargers (360) - CNYfan

55 - Lions (350) - mannc

56 - Jaguars (340) - LEBills

57 - Giants (330) - Chaos

58 - Cowboys (320) - Might Rather

59 - Bills (310) - TSW Poll

60 - Bengals (300) - aristocrat

61 - Bears (290) - MrEpsYtown

62 - Eagles (284) - Big Blitz

63 - Chiefs (276) - Zerovoltz

Round 3

64 - Bears (270) - MrEpsYtown

65 - Texans (265) - wppete

66 - Cardinals (260) - Doc Brown

67 - Broncos (255) - Motorin'

68 - Broncos (250) - Motorin'

69 - Rams (245) - NewEra

70 - Raiders (240) - HappyDays

71 - Saints (235) - frostbitmic

72 - Titans (230) - Alphadawg7

73 - Texans (225) - wppete

74 - Browns (220) - BarelyNY

75 - Falcons (215) - RyanC883

76 - Patriots (210) - inaugural balls

77 - Rams (205) - NewEra

78 - Packers (200) - bkep32

79 - Colts (195) - CNYfan

80 - Steelers (190) - GunnerBill

81 - Lions (185) - mannc

82 - Bucs (180) - Virgil

83 - Seahawks (175) - section122

84 - Dolphins (170) - TBBills Fan

85 - Chargers (165) - CNYfan

86 - Ravens (160) - NeverOutNick

87 - Vikings (155) - BigdaddyinOrlando

88 - Jaguars (150) - LEBills

89 - Giants (145) - Chaos

90 - Cowboys (140) - Might Rather

91 - Bills (136) - TSW Poll

92 - Bengals (132) - aristocrat

93 - Panthers (128) - Kirby Jackson

94 - Eagles  (124) - Big Blitz

95 - Chiefs (120) - Zerovoltz

96 - Cardinals (116) - Doc Brown

97 - Commanders (112) - Alphadawg7

98 - Browns (108) - BarelyNY

99 - 49ers (104) - Sherlock Holmes

100 - Raiders (100) - HappyDays

101 - 49ers (96) - Sherlock Holmes

102 - 49ers (92) *Trade* - Saints - frostbitmic - 

Trades

Packers Trade Aaron Rodgers to Jets for Corey Davis and Pick #43

49ers Trade Aiyuk and pick #102 to Saints for Taysum Hill

This is awesome.  Would have loved to participate, but all slots taken so quickly.

3 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

Yantha can have the Chargers if Virgil can handle the change

Even though I am uncertain how the Chargers lost their 1st round pick?

Thanks for the offer CNYfan.  Much appreciated, but I'm happy to sit back and watch this unfold this year!

If it's an annual thing, I'll keep a closer eye out for it next year.

Cheers!

9 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

With the 3rd selection, the Arizona Cardinals select Will Anderson Jr., DE, Alabama

Reason:  Cardinals have holes everywhere but they take arguably the top prospect in the draft.  Anderson, who had great production as a three year starter at Alabama, excels as both a pass rusher and run defender.  He'll be a foundational force on the defensive line for years to come.  There were some people pounding the table for Carter but there were character/motivation concerns even before the deadly car accident that seemed to be confirmed by his disastrous pro day.

The Colts @CNYfan are on the clock.

3 hours ago, CNYfan said:

At the 4th Selection in Virgil's Annual TSW Mock Draft the Indianapolis Colts draft Anthony Richardson, QB, Florida.   There was a long look at Will Levis and some flirtation with a Ravens trade, but the idea of a young QB, even one who the Colts hope to sit for a full season, on a rookie deal swayed the decision to Anthony.  A. Richardson is a high upside project.  The Colts will likely again sign a veteran to handle the reigns while AR is brought up to speed.

The Seattle Seahawks  @section122 are on the clock.

1 hour ago, section122 said:

45 minutes ago, mannc said:

Picks are flying in fast and furious this morning! Interesting stuff. Thanks yall!

31 minutes ago, Yantha said:

Thanks for the offer CNYfan.  Much appreciated, but I'm happy to sit back and watch this unfold this year!

If it's an annual thing, I'll keep a closer eye out for it next year.

Cheers!

There will likely be another of these mock drafts as well.

• Like (+1) 1

With the 7th selection, the Raiders select Christian Gonzalez, CB, Oregon.

If I was going to come up with a smart sounding reason, I'd say that with Mahomes and Herbert in the division you can never have too many corners. But the real reason is that almost our entire defense is devoid of talent. Gonzalez happens to be the BPA and fills a huge need. Gonzalez has all the traits of an island lockdown #1 corner which the Raiders have desperately needed for years.

The Falcons @RyanC883 are on the clock.

• Like (+1) 5

Breaking News:  Adam Schefter reports:  David Stern has risen from the dead and vetoed the previously announced Cooper Kupp to Chicago trade.  Stern wasn’t done there.  He vetoed another Rams trade, this one involving Aaron Donald to a Super Bowl contender that we won’t name.  

more news on this later.  Or not.  

• Haha (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Breaking News:  Adam Schefter reports:  David Stern has risen from the dead and vetoed the previously announced Cooper Kupp to Chicago trade.  Stern wasn’t done there.  He vetoed another Rams trade, this one involving Aaron Donald to a Super Bowl contender that we won’t name.  

more news on this later.  Or not.  

That's interesting because the Raiders recently got blown up with requests to trade Hunter Renfrow by one team. That team will go unmentioned but attentive viewers may be able to figure it out :wub:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Love this pick for Detroit. Think he is going to be a star. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

2 hours ago, Yantha said:

This is awesome.  Would have loved to participate, but all slots taken so quickly.

PM me as a reminder, and I'll tag you in the next sign-up.  It'll pry be next weekend

16 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

High level business meetings?

I wish, finally slept.  I tore my ACL last week and it's been a pain to sleep and get my surgery scheduled

2 hours ago, Yantha said:

Actually, do you want the Commanders?  I don't typically take a team.  I only took them because no one else wanted them.  

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Falcons (RyanC883) are on the clock!!!
5 minutes ago, Virgil said:

PM me as a reminder, and I'll tag you in the next sign-up.  It'll pry be next weekend

I wish, finally slept.  I tore my ACL last week and it's been a pain to sleep and get my surgery scheduled

Actually, do you want the Commanders?  I don't typically take a team.  I only took them because no one else wanted them.  

Sure, I'll take the Commanders.  Thanks friend.

Edited by Yantha
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

Unless I can swing a trade for L. Jackson, Falcons pick incoming.  

I’m all for trading Lamar for the right offer but we may need a poll to make sure everyone is ok with that. Ravens own his rights no matter what this year and he can be traded contingent on him signing his franchise tag. And he wants to be traded…

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I tore my ACL last year playing hockey and I remember that pain. The worst part was the bone bruise. Took over a month until I could get a good night sleep. Didn’t get the surgery just rehabbed my knee and stopped playing hockey. Play pickleball instead now lol 

1 minute ago, NeverOutNick said:

I tore my ACL last year playing hockey and I remember that pain. The worst part was the bone bruise. Took over a month until I could get a good night sleep. Didn’t get the surgery just rehabbed my knee and stopped playing hockey. Play pickleball instead now lol 

It was definitely a memorable experience.  Can't say I've ever felt that level of pain before.  Heard/felt two pops, and went down like a folding chair.  It popped again that night and then my kneecap slid out of place when trying to use the bathroom later.  I was told it can heal on it's own, but that's 3-6 months away with no guarantee I'll be able to jump or cut again.  I can't run that risk

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.