TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed!!!

Virgil

Lamar is in the building and will sign his franchise tag tender in order to be traded to a team willing to give him at least $200 million guaranteed for 5+ years. Ravens are open to trade offers but must include at the very least this years first round pick 

8 minutes ago, Virgil said:

It was definitely a memorable experience.  Can't say I've ever felt that level of pain before.  Heard/felt two pops, and went down like a folding chair.  It popped again that night and then my kneecap slid out of place when trying to use the bathroom later.  I was told it can heal on it's own, but that's 3-6 months away with no guarantee I'll be able to jump or cut again.  I can't run that risk

Being a PT I know you can run and cut again depending on the damage to your other ligaments but you want to immediately start rehabbing and strengthening your quads most importantly because those bad boys atrophy quick. I definitely can’t move as quick as I could before and I wear a Z-12 berg brace when playing sports but I just don’t want the surgery right now. You can always get it later which is nice with this injury 

With the 8th selection, the Falcons select Tyree Wilson, DE, Texas Tech.

The Falcons were last in the NFL last year in QB pressure rate.  That has to change.  Wilson is a guy who can help immediately, and still has room to grow into his ceiling.  I considered RB Robinson here because the Falcons love to run the ball (at a rate of about 51%!), but Patterson was great for them last year, and they do tend to pick RBs later in the draft.  Also considered OT/OG, but the pass rush talent falls off quicker than the OL talent in this draft.  

The Bears @MrEpsYtownare on the clock.

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Bears (MrEpsYtown) are on the clock!!!
14 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

With the 8th selection, the Falcons select Tyree Wilson, DE, Texas Tech.

The Falcons were last in the NFL last year in QB pressure rate.  That has to change.  Wilson is a guy who can help immediately, and still has room to grow into his ceiling.  I considered RB Robinson here because the Falcons love to run the ball (at a rate of about 51%!), but Patterson was great for them last year, and they do tend to pick RBs later in the draft.  Also considered OT/OG, but the pass rush talent falls off quicker than the OL talent in this draft.  

The Bears @MrEpsYtownare on the clock.

I was trying to trade up to 9 for him nice pick.  I think it's @NewEra on the clock as they made a trade.

• Thank you (+1) 1

With the 9th selection in 2023 Draft, the Chicago Bears select Paris Johnson, Jr., OT, Ohio State.

I was debating Wilson, Johnson, Skoronski, and Jones..with Wilson gone it comes down the the three OL. I think Johnson is probably the best OL in the draft. Skoronski is awesome, but Johnson is a true left tackle will tremendous feet and 36 inch arms. He is still very young so there is a lot on the bone there. All reports are that he is a highly intelligent player and a great process guy. Drafting Johnson has a ripple effect on the OL, the biggest weak spot for the Bears. Johnson goes to LT, Braxton Jones moves to right, Teven Jenkins goes to LG and we signed Nate Davis to play RG. That leaves Patrick and Whitehair or a future draft pick to compete at center. 

@Virgil

@Big Blitz and the Eagles are on the clock. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Eagles (Big Blitz) are on the clock!!!
2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I just checked two site and said the Panthers own the pick

https://www.nfl.com/news/bears-trading-no-1-overall-pick-to-panthers-for-wr-d-j-moore-four-draft-picks

Ah it was pick 61, a second they got from the Niners, not their own.  Sorry, my bad, just saw them having a second and knew they had traded one.  Forgot about the extra picks from the McCaffrey trade.

Edited by Alphadawg7

With the 10th pick the Eagles select S Brian Branch, Alabama.  

We think our D was a bit fraudulent last year - we lost Gardner-Johnson and this addresses that need with an instant starter and playmaker on defense.  Where everything starts in the middle.

@Alphadawg7 is on the clock.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

With the 10th pick the Eagles select S Brian Branch, Alabama.  

We think our D was a bit fraudulent last year - we lost Gardner-Johnson and this addresses that need with an instant starter and playmaker on defense.  Where everything starts in the middle.

@Alphadawg7 is on the clock.  

First small shock of the draft I'd say? Not that Branch is particularly a reach here, he isn't. But that wasn't the direction I was expecting you to go in. Well played sir.

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Titans (Alphadawg) are on the clock!!!
20 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

@inaugural balls and the patriots traded Mac Jones, this years 14th and 76th pick to the Baltimore Ravens for Lamar Jackson.

Lamar signed his tender and thanks Baltimore for his time here but is ready to move on and lose to Josh Allen twice a year lol

Now, will the Ravens trade up to get the 4th remaining QB and try to steal them from the Titans?  

Or will someone trade up ahead of the Ravens to get a QB???

10 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Now, will the Ravens trade up to get the 4th remaining QB and try to steal them from the Titans?  

Or will someone trade up ahead of the Ravens to get a QB???

The ravens are content with Mac Jones and think they can revive his NFL career now that he won’t have the inept, Matt Patricia coaching him up lol

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

48 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

With the 9th selection in 2023 Draft, the Chicago Bears select Paris Johnson, Jr., OT, Ohio State.

I was debating Wilson, Johnson, Skoronski, and Jones..with Wilson gone it comes down the the three OL. I think Johnson is probably the best OL in the draft. Skoronski is awesome, but Johnson is a true left tackle will tremendous feet and 36 inch arms. He is still very young so there is a lot on the bone there. All reports are that he is a highly intelligent player and a great process guy. Drafting Johnson has a ripple effect on the OL, the biggest weak spot for the Bears. Johnson goes to LT, Braxton Jones moves to right, Teven Jenkins goes to LG and we signed Nate Davis to play RG. That leaves Patrick and Whitehair or a future draft pick to compete at center. 

@Virgil

@Big Blitz and the Eagles are on the clock. 

That’s who I would’ve taken with the rams pick too. Get the LT in place for Caleb.  

• Like (+1) 1

*****TRADE ANNOUNCEMENT*****

The Tennessee Titans have traded Derrick Henry to the Chicago Bears for the 53rd pick in the NFL Draft.  The Titans will be forever grateful to Derrick and all he has done for this organization and wish him all the best in his next chapter with the Bears.

And with the 11th pick in the 2023 draft, the Tennessee Titans select:  RB, Bijan Robinson, Texas CLICK HERE FOR 2022 HIGHLIGHTS

Bijan might be the most gifted RB we have seen come out since Saquan, and we look forward to integrating him into our offense and continuing to do what we do best.  Moving on from a player as special as Henry is never easy, but landing an heir to King Henry's throne with a prospect as gifted as Bijan is about the best case scenario we could imagine.  This move not only allows us to get younger but also frees up future cap space so we can continue to build around the young talent on this roster.

@wppeteand the Houston Texans are now on the clock for the 12th overall pick.  

Additional footage and evaluation below:

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 7

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.