TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed!!!

Virgil

13 hours ago, Shaw66 said:

Here's my honest take.

I've always seen Beane's reasoning on draft night, and I've always gotten excited about the guys he takes.  I expect I'll be the same this year.

I'll stay excited through September or October.   However, I've got to say that my feelings looking back at his drafts are verging toward the angry side, and I could be down right angry if he hasn't landed some real help for the Bills.   I want to see some serious contribution from Beane draftees.  Rousseau, Epenesa, Elam, Cook, Oliver, Brown, plus the unnamed rookies, some of these guys need to start making plays instead of just taking up space  .   

I’m right there with you Shaw. My take is that there has to be a disconnect somewhere between the scouting staff and the coaching staff. How does a kid go from being ‘our guy’ in April to barely seeing the field in October? I’m more apt to let the kids play and learn by experience and repetition than all of this rotational nonsense the coaching staff wants to force upon them. My two cents. 

Teams still available:

Titans

Bucs

Rams

Dolphins

Chargers

Broncos

Some of you took teams with only one overall pick, or with no picks until the 3rd round.  If you want to run a second team, that’s good with me 

Just now, GunnerBill said:

If it is the difference between us starting or not I am happy to take one for the team and pretend to care about the Dolphins. But it someone else without a team wants it then let them go first.

I’m going to give it until this evening, and then I’ll assign myself some teams and others a second. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

I’m going to give it until this evening, and then I’ll assign myself some teams and others a second. 

I can take another too if needed.

I have the jets, so I’ll be trading the entire draft to the packers for Rodgers.  Because f the jets. 

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I have the jets, so I’ll be trading the entire draft to the packers for Rodgers.  Because f the jets. 

@bkep32

I do expect (respectfully) the two of you to work something out today if possible.  I would think at least a 2nd round pick would make sense.  

There’s no sense in how all of this is going down, so do what you think is right in this crazy situation 

9 minutes ago, Virgil said:

@bkep32

I do expect (respectfully) the two of you to work something out today if possible.  I would think at least a 2nd round pick would make sense.  

There’s no sense in how all of this is going down, so do what you think is right in this crazy situation 

Word.  I sent an offer this morning. Awaiting a reply.  

• Like (+1) 1

***1st trade of the draft alert!!!!***

The San Francisco 49ers have traded to the New Orleans Saints:

WR Brandon Aiyuk

Pick # 102 of the 3rd round

For

QB/RB/TE/WR/FB/PR/KR

Taysom Hill:wub:

The 49ers tried trading just a 3rd but it wasn't enough to coax Taysom from the stingy Saints even though they don't know how to use him properly...

We followed up with WR Aiyuk as trading for Taysom makes him expendable with McCaffrey, Juszczyk and Taysom all able to run the wishbone with Deebo and Kittle interchangeable as our new base Offense.

We now have 2 franchise QBs in Purdy and Taysom should one get hurt as well.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

WR Brandon Aiyuk

For

QB/RB/TE/WR/FB/PR/KR

The 49ers tried trading just a 3rd but it wasn't enough to coax Taysom from the stingy Saints even though they don't know how to use him properly...

We followed up with WR Aiyuk as trading for Taysom makes him expendable with McCaffrey, Juszczyk and Taysom all able to run the wishbone with Deebo and Kittle interchangeable as our new base Offense.

You traded Aiyuk and a 3rd for……. Taysom? Steve Harvey Reaction GIF

I like the chess piece and I get it…..but, without Aiyuk, every team would just play 11 men in the box.  Aiyuk is the only legit route running WR.  Without him, there’s no deep threat. You’re paying 4 playmakers (mccaffery, deebo, Kittle and Hill) that make their money within 5-10 yards of the LOS.  

i think Hill to the niners is a great move….but not at the expense of Aiyuk.  
I don’t think it would work.  

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I like the chess piece and I get it…..but, without Aiyuk, every team would just play 11 men in the box.  Aiyuk is the only legit route running WR.  Without him, there’s no deep threat. You’re paying 4 playmakers (mccaffery, deebo, Kittle and Hill) that make their money within 5-10 yards of the LOS.  

I don’t think the 49ers think they can resign Aiyuk and Hill knows that offense.  

I didn’t like it at first, but it made sense the more I thought about it 

• Thank you (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Those 4 going all different directions and Juszczyk on any given play, not to mention any of them can run. How are you going to stop it? McCaffery can go to the house, Kittle can, Deebo can, Taysom can... with Purdy's quick decision making and accuracy? Taysom and McCaffrey's ability to pass as well? please stack the box on us:wub:

Edited by Sherlock Holmes

1 hour ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Those 4 going all different directions and Juszczyk on any given play, not to mention any of them can run. How are you going to stop it? McCaffery can go to the house, Kittle can, Deebo can, Taysom can... with Purdy's quick decision making and accuracy? Taysom and McCaffrey's ability to pass as well? please stack the box on us:wub:

Wow - even if it pans out the way you say, that's a steeeeep price.

Anywho - who cares. Trades are fun. Congrats! :beer:

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

WR Brandon Aiyuk

For

QB/RB/TE/WR/FB/PR/KR

If I knew you were going to run the wishbone, I might have taken your initial offer.

• Haha (+1) 1

6 hours ago, Virgil said:

Teams still available:

Titans

Bucs

Rams

Dolphins

Chargers

Broncos

Some of you took teams with only one overall pick, or with no picks until the 3rd round.  If you want to run a second team, that’s good with me 

Thanks. I can take another team short on picks if no one else wants them. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

Rams are all yours

57 minutes ago, CNYfan said:

I can take a second team if needs be.  

Chargers are all yours

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Virgil said:

I don’t think the 49ers think they can resign Aiyuk and Hill knows that offense.  

I didn’t like it at first, but it made sense the more I thought about it 

Aiyuk could likely fetch a borderline 1st rd pick.  2nd round for sure.  I just don’t see Taysom hill as worth a 2nd and a 3rd rd pick.  Which is in essence what this would be.  Trading their 3rd and not getting a 2nd for Aiyuk.  

That’s paying a premium for a niche player.  But he’s he’s the only guy in the league that can really do what he does at that level.

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

Okay, I took the Bucs and the Broncos.  If anyone comes to the party late and wants a team, you can have one of those.  I honestly don't mind.

With that being said, I'm going to start this thing.  Since we are starting early, the first pick will have until 12p est to make their pick.  If it happens sooner, great.

And on that note, 

The Carolina Panthers are on the clock @Kirby Jackson

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Carolina Panthers (Kirby Jackson) are on the clock!!!
2 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Okay, I took the Bucs and the Broncos.  If anyone comes to the party late and wants a team, you can have one of those.  I honestly don't mind.

With that being said, I'm going to start this thing.  Since we are starting early, the first pick will have until 12p est to make their pick.  If it happens sooner, great.

And on that note, 

The Carolina Panthers are on the clock @Kirby Jackson

I'll take the Broncos! 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Aiyuk could likely fetch a borderline 1st rd pick.  2nd round for sure.  I just don’t see Taysom hill as worth a 2nd and a 3rd rd pick.  Which is in essence what this would be.  Trading their 3rd and not getting a 2nd for Aiyuk.  

That’s paying a premium for a niche player.  But he’s he’s the only guy in the league that can really do what he does at that level.

You're not wrong.  But I could see his impending contract and injury history scaring people away.  I don't think he's a true #1 receiver on all teams, but could be wrong.  

I looked at this trade as more of a salary/imposing salary dump off.  The Saints didn't need to dump Hill and the Broncos could be in the bidding, which gave the Saints the power. 

1 minute ago, Motorin' said:

I'll take the Broncos! 

All yours.

Commanders are available still.  If not, I will run them

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Virgil said:

You're not wrong.  But I could see his impending contract and injury history scaring people away.  I don't think he's a true #1 receiver on all teams, but could be wrong.  

I looked at this trade as more of a salary/imposing salary dump off.  The Saints didn't need to dump Hill and the Broncos could be in the bidding, which gave the Saints the power. 

I hear ya. Good points.  I don’t think he’s a 1 just yet, but I think he could be. He’s really explosive, just doesn’t get the looks in that offense.  

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I hear ya. Good points.  I don’t think he’s a 1 just yet, but I think he could be. He’s really explosive, just doesn’t get the looks in that offense.  

I will say this, I do like him more than Hollywood Brown who fetched a 1st, so who knows?  

Also, the Saints live in salary cap fantasy land, so anything is possible

• Agree 1

24 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Did I win the offseason ?

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

Did I win the offseason ?

I think you killed that trade.

If I were the saints, I’d have traded everyone of value and taken your dead cap lumps this year while tanking for Caleb or Drake.  

1 minute ago, frostbitmic said:

I hope the Jests give up more than that for Rodgers.

I think the only way they give up more is if there’s another team seriously interested. 

dunno if that’s the case.  

• Agree 1

42 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I needed that specific player... didn't feel like an overpay

28 minutes ago, Motorin' said:

As the GM of the Denver Broncos, I am currently taking calls for WR Courtland Sutton and WR Jerry Jeudy. 

Just curious since I don't quite recall...for example, how would it go about for Bills regarding a trade when it's TSW poll?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.