TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - Completed!!!

Virgil

36 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I hear ya. Good points.  I don’t think he’s a 1 just yet, but I think he could be. He’s really explosive, just doesn’t get the looks in that offense.  

Nor will he, we have too many more talented and reliable players to feed for him to be getting another contract here.

2 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I needed that specific player... didn't feel like an overpay

Yeah.  And zero downfield WR threats. When’s the last time a wishbone team won a SB?  You have a team that was a THREE QB injuries away from a SB appearance and scrap it for the wishbone….. questionable. 

Aiyuk was instrumental in that offense.  He kept the defenses honest.  

I get the fit-  gave up too much imo

17 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I think you killed that trade.

If I were the saints, I’d have traded everyone of value and taken your dead cap lumps this year while tanking for Caleb or Drake.  

I think the only way they give up more is if there’s another team seriously interested. 

dunno if that’s the case.  

11 minutes ago, mannc said:

It would definitely cost them more than that.  

No wonder you think I overpaid...you basically force traded with the AI in Madden:lol: 

6 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Just curious since I don't quite recall...for example, how would it go about for Bills regarding a trade when it's TSW poll?

Good question for @Virgil. But I'm guessing the Broncos could pose a trade offer and that could get added as one of the poll options. 

Edited by Motorin'

5 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

Just curious since I don't quite recall...for example, how would it go about for Bills regarding a trade when it's TSW poll?

We've done it once before when their was a consensus player that everyone wanted.  However, I don't see that player this year.  I based it off the vibe of discussion

Just now, Motorin' said:

Good question for @Virgil. But I'm guessing the Broncos could pose a trade offer and that could get added as one of the pole options. 

If a trade doesn't happen before the Bills pick, I have zero issues putting an option for a Broncos trade for Jeudy

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Yeah.  And zero downfield WR threats. When’s the last time a wishbone team won a SB?  You have a team that was a THREE QB injuries away from a SB appearance and scrap it for the wishbone….. questionable. 

Aiyuk was instrumental in that offense.  He kept the defenses honest.  

I get the fit-  gave up too much imo

I tried to acquire a better WR, hasn't panned out yet. I traded a comp pick and a player who wasn't getting re-signed. 

Just now, mannc said:

What on earth are you talking about?

A mid 2nd rounder for Rodgers? 

2 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

No wonder you think I overpaid...you basically force traded with the AI in Madden:lol: 

Yes…. We were basically forced to trade.  

We just wanted to settle on something that both teams would be ok with.  It’s a pretend exercise.  No reason to waste real life hours going back and forth on a trade that has to happen.

Who else would be interested in AR?  No one interested, less demand, lower price.  A 2nd and a WR is a decent price.  I offered #13 overall but while getting back the packers 3rd rd pick but was declined.

7 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

I tried to acquire a better WR, hasn't panned out yet. I traded a comp pick and a player who wasn't getting re-signed. 

A mid 2nd rounder for Rodgers? 

You traded a player that plays a vital role in the SF SB hopes.  So you can run the wishbone  

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, NewEra said:

We just wanted to settle on something that both teams would be ok with.  It’s a pretend exercise.  No reason to waste real life hours going back and forth on a trade that has to happen.

Who else would be interested in AR?  No one interested, less demand, lower price.  A 2nd and a WR is a decent price.  I offered #13 overall but while getting back the packers 3rd rd pick but was declined.

No worries...I got the better QB anyways:wub:

2 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

In this mock draft environment, should the ravens be allowed to offer up Lamar Jackson in a trade with the prerequisite that he signs his franchise tag? 

Have you asked his mother if it's ok?

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

You traded a player that plays a vital role in the SF SB hopes.  So you can run the wishbone  

You're gonna be wishing that you had my players when we're getting our feet fitted for Super Bowl toe rings

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

We've done it once before when their was a consensus player that everyone wanted.  However, I don't see that player this year.  I based it off the vibe of discussion

If a trade doesn't happen before the Bills pick, I have zero issues putting an option for a Broncos trade for Jeudy

Ok I know quite a few were interested in Jeudy so not sure if you would consider him a consensus type or not, but if someone were  to bring it to your attention, I assume you'd do a poll or does it take a certain amount of request for a poll?

12 minutes ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Huh? That's what I'm talking about...

We're not communicating clearly.  My original statement was that the Pack would not trade Rodgers for only a second round pick and Corey Davis...I'm not sure why you took issue with that statement. 

Edited by mannc

9 minutes ago, NeverOutNick said:

In this mock draft environment, should the ravens be allowed to offer up Lamar Jackson in a trade with the prerequisite that he signs his franchise tag? 

I just looked it up.  Since Lamar hasn't signed the tag, he is not eligible to be traded yet.  

If there's something out there that proves it wrong, please post it

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

We're not communicating clearly.  My original statement was that the Pack would not trade Rodgers for only a second round pick and Corey Davis...I'm not sure why you took issue with that statement. 

I don't know about that since Rodgers is basically at the end of his career. I mean what would you guess, 1 or 2 seasons left at most? Also seems like Packers are tired of his ***** at this point also and I'm sure Rodgers is tired of theirs....

A 2nd round pick number 42 or 43 along with a Corey Davis WR could definitely be possible that Packers could do imo

12 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

I don't know about that since Rodgers is basically at the end of his career. I mean what would you guess, 1 or 2 seasons left at most? Also seems like Packers are tired of his ***** at this point also and I'm sure Rodgers is tired of theirs....

A 2nd round pick number 42 or 43 along with a Corey Davis WR could definitely be possible that Packers could do imo

I don’t think so.  Rodgers is still a top 5 or 6 QB.  If the Packers trade him, they are essentially taking a powder in 2023…I wouldn’t be surprised if they want 2 firsts

Edited by mannc

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

Okay, I took the Bucs and the Broncos.  If anyone comes to the party late and wants a team, you can have one of those.  I honestly don't mind.

With that being said, I'm going to start this thing.  Since we are starting early, the first pick will have until 12p est to make their pick.  If it happens sooner, great.

And on that note, 

The Carolina Panthers are on the clock @Kirby Jackson

The Carolina Panthers select CJ Stroud, quarterback, THE Ohio State University

• Like (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, Zerovoltz said:

quick question.....do the picks get posted in this thread or a separate thread?

They get posted on the thread and then Virgil changes the OP and keeps it updated. 

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

The Carolina Panthers select CJ Stroud, quarterback, THE Ohio State University

@wppete on the clock

2 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The Rams have traded Cooper Kupp and the 36th pick to the Chicago bears for the 9th pick and 61st pick.

make no mistake about it, we’re tanking.  The city of LA and rams dans don’t give a crap about making the playoff or being above .500.  Time to rebuild and draft Caleb Williams or Drake Maye.  

Donald and Stafford are also on the block.  

YOU DIDN'T CALL MEEEEE:cry:

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Texans (wppete) are on the clock!!!
Just now, mannc said:

I don’t think so.  Rodgers is still a top 5 or 6 QB.  If the Packers trade him, they are essentially taking a powder in 2023…I wouldn’t be surprised if the want 2 firsts

I get it, but usually what a team wants/ask for and what they ultimately can get is different. And I do agree with you that he is considered by many to still be a good QB. At same time he's also a 39 yr old QB. 

Also seems like he and Packers are fed up with each other. Anyways, 

Just now, Patrick Duffy said:

I get it, but usually what a team wants/ask for and what they ultimately can get is different. And I do agree with you that he is considered by many to still be a good QB. At same time he's also a 39 yr old QB. 

Also seems like he and Packers are fed up with each other. Anyways, 

A year ago, Washington traded two third round picks for Carson Wentz😀

• Haha (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Patrick Duffy said:

28 minutes ago, mannc said:

I don’t think so.  Rodgers is still a top 5 or 6 QB.  If the Packers trade him, they are essentially taking a powder in 2023…I wouldn’t be surprised if they want 2 firsts

I think the Pack gets at most a second this year and a second next for Rodgers. Next year’s might even be conditional. A second and Corey Davis makes sense. Rodgers is at the end of his career and everyone knows he’s a 1 or 2 y rental. Plus his contract is brutal. 

1 minute ago, mannc said:

That was pure insanity. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Ok?? Lol not sure how that pertains to the discussion but I assume you're pointing out that sometimes teams overpay for players. And you're correct, it does happen once in a while. Like when Beane got a 3rd for Tyrod. It happens once in a while. Some teams do stupid ***** for sure lol.

Ok?? Lol not sure how that pertains to the discussion but I assume you're pointing out that sometimes teams overpay for players. And you're correct, it does happen once in a while. Like when Beane got a 3rd for Tyrod. It happens once in a while. Some teams do stupid ***** for sure lol.

My point is, it's hard to guess what a team would be willing to give up for a QB...it's true that Rodgers is on his last legs, but I'd take one year of Aaron Rodgers over a whole career of Carson Wentz... 

18 minutes ago, BarleyNY said:

I think the Pack gets at most a second this year and a second next for Rodgers. Next year’s might even be conditional. A second and Corey Davis makes sense. Rodgers is at the end of his career and everyone knows he’s a 1 or 2 y rental. Plus his contract is brutal

Yup, that's exactly my view. Anything is possible, but it would really surprise me if Jets come off a 1st round pick #13 this year. I could see the way you suggested a 2nd this yr and next. 

But guess we will eventually find out

• Like (+1) 1

• Virgil changed the title to TSW Mock Draft 1.0 - The Cardinals (Doc Brown) are on the clock!!!
5 minutes ago, mannc said:

My point is, it's hard to guess what a team would be willing to give up for a QB...it's true that Rodgers is on his last legs, but I'd take one year of Aaron Rodgers over a whole career of Carson Wentz... 

Definitely, that goes without saying...

Yeah well it depends on what kind of situation said team is in and the situation of the QB 

Definitely, that goes without saying...

Yeah well it depends on what kind of situation said team is in and the situation of the QB 

Personally, I wouldn't trade anything for Aaron Rodgers, and I definitely wouldn't have made the signings the Jets did on his behalf.  I'm not arguing his talent.  My issue is not knowing if he will play for more than a year.  Rodgers has proven he will throw a temper tantrum the moment things don't go his way.  Rodgers is heading into arguably the toughest division with a new HC and new weapons.  Yes, he knows the OC and one receiver, but that's still a lot to expect him to come in an win big immediately.  And if things don't go to plan, what will he do after the season?

He's just too big a gamble.  I'd sign him as a FA if that's all it took, but the rest of this is stupid to me

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.