Lil dirty update - McKenzie released

Reed83HOF

McKenzie very well could go somewhere else and do nothing .. or, he could look good and we’re all wondering why it didn’t work here.  

Bottom Line, it doesn’t matter.  It didn’t work here.  He wasn’t really a fit with Josh Allen.  We have Shakir and now Harty, both guys that would take snaps away from McKenzie this year and both can get vertical and track the ball down the field … something McKenzie was iffy at. 

Factor in the drops and inconsistencies.. Great dude … but it was time.  

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Clearly because other coaches/systems may be able to get more out of him....

He was very misused this year under Dorsey. Granted, its not a knock necessarily on Ken (that is to be seen) every coach has a system, and his did not utilize I.K. 

He can and will have success in the right system. If he goes to the Giants, he will be a very nice contributor, and it will be fun to hear the same people who have dogged him the last few years moan and complain about letting I.K goto the Giants.

Beane said yesterday about the cap space that there could be some "cap casualties".

McKenzie is the first and I don't see Siran Neal making the 53.  

Siran with a post June 1st cut saves $2.8M.  That almost pays for the Practice Squad where he might be in September!

6 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

sucks dorsey is an idiot and couldnt use him well.

he made me stand up on my feet when he got the ball in the redzone for those sweeps.

best of luck son

What about when he bobbled passes that turned into INTs?  What about when he dropped passes?  What about when he ran bad routes in the endzone?

Love McKenzie as the person, energy and personality.  I will miss that part of him on the team and wish him the absolute best in his next stop.

But as a WR he just wasn’t very good.  He has gadget value, but I won’t miss them trying to make him a bigger part of the offense.

Our offense got better today by giving his snaps to someone else who can do more with them.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.