Lil dirty update - McKenzie released

Reed83HOF

11 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I think you mean trading for Jeudy isn’t the same as trading for Hopkins… yea, I’m aware. 

Jeudy makes a lot more sense…. And OBJ make sense as well… Not of fan of resigning Poyer if it means we can’t afford a 1B reciever opposite Diggs…. Would be just more of the same IMO. 

The WR might just have to be WR2.  The chiefs didn’t have a WR1b they had a handful of solid WRs and Kelce- I think we can win with a handful of solid WRs and Diggs.  

What matters much more than getting a 1b compared to a 2 is Ken Dorsey making good progress as an OC, Spencer Brown + Bates+ McGovern improving and staying healthy.  

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, NewEra said:

The WR might just have to be WR2.  The chiefs didn’t have a WR1b they had a handful of solid WRs and Kelce- I think we can win with a handful of solid WRs and Diggs.  

What matters much more than getting a 1b compared to a 2 is Ken Dorsey making good progress as an OC, Spencer Brown + Bates+ McGovern improving and staying healthy.  

Your bolded statement could be correct, but it’s full of contingencies … “if” this and this and this happens. 

We want them to be proactive in finding solutions. 

I think most GM’s would take Kelce, MVS, Hardman, Juju, Toney & Moore over what we provided Allen with last year.. that doesn’t even factor in the vast OL difference.  

Edited by SCBills

Just now, SCBills said:

Your bolded statement could be correct, but it’s full of contingencies … “if” this and this and this happens. 

We want them to be proactive in finding solutions. 

I think most GM’s would take Kelce, MVS, Toney, Juju, Toney & Moore over what we provided Allen with last year.. that doesn’t even factor in the vast OL difference.  

And your only play, getting a 1B, is also an if…. It’ll be worth it IF we win the Super Bowl. And that still wouldn’t prove that we couldn’t have won without a 1b.  Mahomes did.  I feel we can.  

More so, even if we get a 1b, we’ll still need a combination of the same “ifs” to occur to win.  If Dorsey sucks, we’re in trouble.  If the OL sucks- 1b isn’t likely to change things that drastically imo.  If both Dorsey and the OL suck (again) we’re screwed no matter regardless of 1b

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

Still need another alpha type receiver. Diggs is too easily taken out of big games and the supporting cast just isn't strong enough.

8 hours ago, NewEra said:

I disagree here. Kelce always gets open.  He makes big plays.  That is why KC can run with no "WR1b and a handful of solid WRs". Kelce fills the role of  WR1 or WR1b.

The Bills do not get anywhere near the level of play from their TEs to come close to Kelce. I'm not knocking Knox as i think he has developed into a good player,  but he isn't near Kelce's level. 

The Bills have had Diggs and a "handful of solid WRs" during Diggs time here, and we haven't got to the promised land yet.

2 hours ago, loyal2dagame said:

I disagree here. Kelce always gets open.  He makes big plays.  That is why KC can run with no "WR1b and a handful of solid WRs". Kelce fills the role of  WR1 or WR1b.

The Bills do not get anywhere near the level of play from their TEs to come close to Kelce. I'm not knocking Knox as i think he has developed into a good player,  but he isn't near Kelce's level. 

The Bills have had Diggs and a "handful of solid WRs" during Diggs time here, and we haven't got to the promised land yet.

Can't get to a Kelce level when you have to help block all the time.😉

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yeah I'm not interested in Jeudy. Especially for a 1st or 2nd. 

I can get behind a lower pick because of his past profile and the lowered risk.  Let’s face it, these highly touted Bama receivers…..and players in general….sometimes hit but most of them bust and Jeudy looks more like a bust at this point…..I wouldn’t say it is 100% decided yet.   I guess I’d actually prefer him to Beckham due to cost and Hopkins due to him being toast but Waller went for a third, Gilmore for a 5th.  Because some people get hyperactive on a message board, he is supposedly worth a first?  Shirley

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Yeah I'm not interested in Jeudy. Especially for a 1st or 2nd. 

I'd be interested to know if they've gotten any bites for a 1st.  

Ours being late 1st at 27 makes me definitely open to it.   I'd much rather give up a 2nd and a Day 3 pick though.

• Agree 1

7 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

It would be really bad asset management to have Harty, Hines, and McKenzie on one team.  Beane is terrible at asset management so I wouldnt be shocked to see all three on team taking up over 10 million in cap space.

I'm good with the Harty signing, if it means we're cutting McKenzie.  If we go to camp with all them... yea, no clue what we're doing there.  

12 hours ago, TheBeaneBandit said:

Still need another alpha type receiver. Diggs is too easily taken out of big games and the supporting cast just isn't strong enough.

One of the reasons Diggs is easily taken out of the game is the coaching (and maybe Josh) doesn’t take advantage of the double team properly.  All we did was take big shot after big shot.  Meanwhile, the underneath stuff was open and neglected.  We watched KC dink and dunk their way to another Lombardi, while we throw haymakers 50 yards downfield all game.  

sure, another alpha WR would help.  And I’ve said that we need to upgrade WR2, but it might have to be a WR2 and not a 1b.  You can’t suck blood from a stone.  This offseason is lacking in WR talent-  especially 1b alpha talent.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 2

30 minutes ago, Back2Buff said:

It would be really bad asset management to have Harty, Hines, and McKenzie on one team.  Beane is terrible at asset management so I wouldnt be shocked to see all three on team taking up over 10 million in cap space.

It might happen.  Hines is an RB/Ster and is Cooks backup - so he is not the same. 

At slot last year we started with Crowder/McKenzie and rookie Shakir (and needed to later get Beasley).  So this year going with Harty/McKenzie and Shakir doesn't seem outrageous.

Actually Harty's versatility seems like it is a plus to asset management - he can be the backup STer (to Hines), replace Crowder and Beas, and take over the Smoke Brown speed element.

36 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I'm good with the Harty signing, if it means we're cutting McKenzie.  If we go to camp with all them... yea, no clue what we're doing there.  

Going to camp with them is one thing. Roster is 90. Going into the season is another thing.

• Agree 1

1 hour ago, Einstein's Dog said:

It might happen.  Hines is an RB/Ster and is Cooks backup - so he is not the same. 

At slot last year we started with Crowder/McKenzie and rookie Shakir (and needed to later get Beasley).  So this year going with Harty/McKenzie and Shakir doesn't seem outrageous.

Actually Harty's versatility seems like it is a plus to asset management - he can be the backup STer (to Hines), replace Crowder and Beas, and take over the Smoke Brown speed element.

Absolutely not.  3 guys under 5'8 should not be considered big pieces of your offense.

11 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

The McKittrick hate runs deep at TBD.  I'll never understand why.

I like him as a person and had high hopes he could made the transition to a good WR.

The evidence is "he is who he is".  That's not bad but the team probably needs better.

Good chance he goes to camp if he isn't cut by tomorrow.  He'll have his chance again to compete.

I'm just not sure there is a place for him this season.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.