Lil dirty update - McKenzie released

Reed83HOF

I haven't seen much out of Jeudy at Denver, but playing opposite Diggs, with Allen as his QB, could really help Jeudy unleash the talent he showed in college at Bama.  I'd give some serious thought to trading one of the Bills' higher picks for Jeudy, if Denver is shopping him.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I’d happily give up #27 for Jeudy. This draft does not have a lot of high end talent and you aren’t getting a WR of Jeudy’s caliber at 27 anyway and its been reported Denver is shopping him around. Seems like it’s just a a matter of forking over the right compensation.

• Like (+1) 2

6 hours ago, whorlnut said:

I disagree. Lots of Diggs comps to jordan Addison. If you could get him at 27, would anyone be upset?  How about Steve smith comps to Zay flowers?  That would also be a good problem to have…

Would be head over freakin heals for Addison, its just sooooooooooo hard to picture him being there.  Without combing the top 20 teams and seeing who needs receiver (doesnt everyone though?) I can not envision a scenario where he goes past 17ish, and a top 10 wouldnt shock me either. 

WR has become arguably the #3 premium position due to the crazy attempts/gm qb's are throwing, and the market being at an all time high.  Ive seen some tweets indicating the WR market has come back to earth, but im not willing to believe that based only on Juju and Meyers deals

7 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

OBJ/Hopkins/Jeudy…. The draft is so underwhelming at WR that I’d be somewhat disappointed if they went into the season with:

1. Diggs

2. Davis

3. Draft pick

4. Harris

5. Shakir 

That may sound a little over the top to say, but I really think they need a playmaker at or just below Diggs level opposite him and that ain’t coming from this draft at #27 IMO.

It’s over the top-  we aren’t making the cap

room for hopkins or Obj-  maybe jeudy— 

you want a splash and won’t be content until Beane goes completely all in (that’s what a hopkins trade would be unless he took a major pay cut). He’s already moved a lot of money down the road and will continue to do so year after year.  But I doubt you’ll ever see him cripple his ability to move money around.  A hopkins trade would likely do just that. 

obj is smoking crack-  he might deserve 7M per year on a one year deal. 

jeudy- makes sense- but you can’t say the offseason is a failure because a GM fails to acquire the one guy that would fit your criteria.  It’s a poor WR class- it’s bad luck- but possibly compromising the future to fill a need is a mistake imo.  

I think a 2nd rd WR + Harty as the main additions at WR is solid considering what was available and what we paid for them without compromising the future.  Sure adding jeudy would be great, but a 2nd round WR could be similarly productive- let’s not act like Jeudy has been a star.  

7 hours ago, whorlnut said:

I disagree. Lots of Diggs comps to jordan Addison. If you could get him at 27, would anyone be upset?  How about Steve smith comps to Zay flowers?  That would also be a good problem to have…

Addison 💯 

Flowers- not 💯 but would be on board if he’s the pick.  

38 minutes ago, NewEra said:

you want a splash and won’t be content until Beane goes completely all in (that’s what a hopkins trade would be unless he took a major pay cut). He’s already moved a lot of money down the road and will continue to do so year after year.  But I doubt you’ll ever see him cripple his ability to move money around.  A hopkins trade would likely do just that. 

jeudy- makes sense- but you can’t say the offseason is a failure because a GM fails to acquire the one guy that would fit your criteria.  It’s a poor WR class- it’s bad luck- but possibly compromising the future to fill a need is a mistake imo.  

I think a 2nd rd WR + Harty as the main additions at WR is solid considering what was available and what we paid for them without compromising the future.  Sure adding jeudy would be great, but a 2nd round WR could be similarly productive- let’s not act like Jeudy has been a star.  

Addison 💯 

Well all I know is wake me up when Diggs makes his mark in the playoffs. Yeah, that's what I thought.  A bold move is absolutely needed.

51 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Addison 💯 

It’s about making sure Josh Allen has an offense around him that is commensurate to Burrow and Mahomes. 

Right now, he doesn’t.  Plain and simple.

Mahomes, as of today, has a good OL, Kelce and then 3 WR2/3 types in MVS, Moore and Toney.

Burrow has a solid OL, Chase, Higgins and Boyd.

We hope McGovern can help elevate the level of the OL to solid.  It was bad last year.  Knox is good, Diggs is elite.. and then we have a WR2/3 in Davis and some potential in Shakir & Harty. 

If we go into the draft, as is, we’re.. once again.. hoping a WR falls to us.  How did that work out last year?  27 is a long time to wait.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

OBJ/Hopkins/Jeudy…. The draft is so underwhelming at WR that I’d be somewhat disappointed if they went into the season with:

1. Diggs

2. Davis

3. Draft pick

4. Harris

5. Shakir 

That may sound a little over the top to say, but I really think they need a playmaker at or just below Diggs level opposite him and that ain’t coming from this draft at #27 IMO.

..at or just below Diggs level.. yea, why don't they have two top 10 WRs?!

5 hours ago, msw2112 said:

I haven't seen much out of Jeudy at Denver, but playing opposite Diggs, with Allen as his QB, could really help Jeudy unleash the talent he showed in college at Bama.  I'd give some serious thought to trading one of the Bills' higher picks for Jeudy, if Denver is shopping him.

You haven’t seen much of Jeudy because he is the new Jamison Crowder.  Out for the season week 2 every year.

1 hour ago, SCBills said:

It’s about making sure Josh Allen has an offense around him that is commensurate to Burrow and Mahomes. 

Right now, he doesn’t.  Plain and simple.

Mahomes, as of today, has a good OL, Kelce and then 3 WR2/3 types in MVS, Moore and Toney.

Burrow has a solid OL, Chase, Higgins and Boyd.

We hope McGovern can help elevate the level of the OL to solid.  It was bad last year.  Knox is good, Diggs is elite.. and then we have a WR2/3 in Davis and some potential in Shakir & Harty. 

If we go into the draft, as is, we’re.. once again.. hoping a WR falls to us.  How did that work out last year?  27 is a long time to wait.  

No.  It’s about winning the Super Bowl.  That can be done many ways when constructing a roster.  The best roster offense doesn’t always win the Super Bowl. That’s not how it works every year.  Coaching, defense, injuries, refs, STs.  Lots goes into it.  We’ll NEVER be able to give Josh was Mahomes has until Reid is out the door.  

trading away all of our future assets in order to have a better offensive roster than  KC and Cinci is reckless.  

you act like trading up for a WR will automatically give us a better offense than Cinci and KC. 

Some see it the opposite.  That trading down and accumulating more picks give us more weapons and OL.  Trading up would only subtract a potential starter giving Josh less.

we can improve our offense in a multitude of ways-  not just the way you feel is best

13 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea… if that’s the case then they shouldn’t have resigned Poyer… I’ve said I think adding a 1B reciever opposite Diggs is the most important piece to the offseason. It’s early obviously, but I still think it’s what they need to get over the top. 

Trading for hopkins isn’t the same amount of money as trading for Hopkins bro. 

so because we can’t trade for Poyer, we can’t spend money on d.  

that makes no sense

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.