Michael Irvin Removed from NFL Network Superbowl LVll Coverage

T&C

1 hour ago, Just Jack said:

Irvin is innocent, has witnesses who say nothing bad happened.  Irvin is now suing the woman and hotel. 

https://www.nj.com/giants/2023/02/michael-irvin-misconduct-allegation-2-witnesses-claim-to-back-hall-of-famer-amid-100-million-lawsuit.html

If he is innocent I hope he gets the money.  Too much of this madness going on.  I have a corporate job and travel.  I refuse to be alone with a woman who is not my wife anywhere.

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, thenorthremembers said:

If he is innocent I hope he gets the money.  Too much of this madness going on.  I have a corporate job and travel.  I refuse to be alone with a woman who is not my wife anywhere.

Agreed every situation is different but it literally only takes one lady to say something happened to ruin a man’s life. If he did nothing wrong may he pull a Johnny Depp Amber Heard deal.

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

That is very wise. I’m retired now, but I kept that rule over my years running a business. My wife of 38 years also approved of that practice! 

Edited by Tulsabillsfanz
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Irvin is innocent, has witnesses who say nothing bad happened.  Irvin is now suing the woman and hotel. 

https://www.nj.com/giants/2023/02/michael-irvin-misconduct-allegation-2-witnesses-claim-to-back-hall-of-famer-amid-100-million-lawsuit.html

if he’s innocent why doesn’t the woman and the hotel just give him all. the money.  They would have to no? 

On 2/12/2023 at 6:35 PM, Just Jack said:

At Irvin’s attorney’s request, the judge has now ordered the hotel to turn over video as well as names of the accuser and those who received the complaint. These kinds of threads get updated, right?

1 hour ago, Airseven said:

At Irvin’s attorney’s request, the judge has now ordered the hotel to turn over video as well as names of the accuser and those who received the complaint. These kinds of threads get updated, right?

As long as there is new info or articles 

Did they ever say what was allegedly said? Or did he supposedly grab her or something? I had a friend that would get drunk and slap every girl around on the butt. He thought it was all in good fun but you can definitely cross a line when it comes to that stuff and when you are drunk is when those lines get blurred, literally

1 hour ago, KDIGGZ said:

Did they ever say what was allegedly said? Or did he supposedly grab her or something? I had a friend that would get drunk and slap every girl around on the butt. He thought it was all in good fun but you can definitely cross a line when it comes to that stuff and when you are drunk is when those lines get blurred, literally

Your friend sounds like a real loser.

• Agree 4
  • Haha (+1) 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/16/2023 at 8:58 PM, Airseven said:

I have to believe that if there was a video, that showed any physical contact beyond a handshake, TMZ would have it by now. I would guess that Marriott would "leak" any physical evidence, if they had any, just to make the lawsuit go away.  I know that doesn't prove that he didn't say something inappropriate, but if he did, her reaction could be a clue.  

A quick update on this case:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2023/03/10/federal-judge-finds-marriott-blatantly-violated-court-order-in-michael-irvin-case/

Federal judge finds Marriott “blatantly” violated court order in Michael Irvin case

Excerpt:

"Via Michael Gehlken of the Dallas Morning News, a federal judge concluded that Marriott “blatantly” violated an order requiring the company to surrender surveillance video to Irvin.

Judge Amos Mazzant ordered the company to submit an unredacted video to Irvin’s lawyers by 5:00 p.m. CT on Friday. He also declined to prevent Irvin from making the video public.

“That’s the penalty you face,” Judge Mazzant said — a more tactful version of “f–k around and find out.”

• Like (+1) 1

It's just a he-said, she-said case now. I can see both sides. One of them is lying.

Rich and powerful people like Irvin think they can get away with anything, though. Add alcohol and you have a walking, talking,  potential lawsuit around every corner.

Edited by MJS
  • Like (+1) 3

15 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

Many times accused will find witnesses "who saw nothing". 

People have been murdered and with people in room and some people will have seen nothing.

It all depends on your point of view and how much you were paying attention to that particular thing at that particular time.

image.thumb.png.f401f4ed5873bded523b0e9c27a8422e.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

On 3/11/2023 at 5:06 PM, Mr. WEO said:

If their employee came to them and reported this, is Marriot supposed to ignore her claims about Irvin's alleged comments/behavior while she was on the job?

What is the basis of his suit?

No.

• Agree 1

2 hours ago, chongli said:

Florio already starting to tiptoe backwards...

"Reasonable minds may differ as to whether the characterization does or doesn’t mesh with Marriott’s version.

That’s a potential problem for Irvin, frankly. He’s accused of making lewd comments to the employee. He has admitted that he had been drinking. If the employee has told a consistent, unimpeachable story to Marriott management and NFL representative(s) who investigated the situation, it could be difficult to prove that her explanation fails to match the video."

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Florio already starting to tiptoe backwards...

"Reasonable minds may differ as to whether the characterization does or doesn’t mesh with Marriott’s version.

That’s a potential problem for Irvin, frankly. He’s accused of making lewd comments to the employee. He has admitted that he had been drinking. If the employee has told a consistent, unimpeachable story to Marriott management and NFL representative(s) who investigated the situation, it could be difficult to prove that her explanation fails to match the video."

Why wouldn't he change his opinion when new info comes to light? It's what reasonable people do.

9 hours ago, Thurman#1 said:

Why wouldn't he change his opinion when new info comes to light? It's what reasonable people do.

The video was inevitably going to put shade on his shoot from the hip original opinion.  It was an unforced error. 

I don't understand why he's not suing the NFL or the network that pulled him off the game?

Makes no sense to sue the hotel when they were simply reporting an incident an on the job employee made and that the NFL asked the hotel to do beforehand.

“I don’t really recall that conversation, to tell you the truth,” Irvin told the Dallas Morning News. “We were out drinking. It was just a friendly conversation. ‘What’s up?’ I don’t even know. … I am totally perplexed. That’s honestly all that happened.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2023/02/10/michael-irvin-sues-accuser-marriott-after-super-bowl-week-incident/11229565002/

he admits he had been drinking and cant remmber what was said.

his defense now is after having seen the video is that the accuser did not act like i said something bad

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, papazoid said:

“I don’t really recall that conversation, to tell you the truth,” Irvin told the Dallas Morning News. “We were out drinking. It was just a friendly conversation. ‘What’s up?’ I don’t even know. … I am totally perplexed. That’s honestly all that happened.”

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/2023/02/10/michael-irvin-sues-accuser-marriott-after-super-bowl-week-incident/11229565002/

his defense now is after having seen the video is that the accuser did not act like i said something bad

who to believe here.

person

or

renowned cocaine and kitty fiend Michael Irvin?

1 hour ago, papazoid said:

he doesn’t know, he doesn’t recall….yet he states “honestly, that’s all that happened”.  

lol dumbass.  He needs a gag order

Irvin s clearly drunk af.  He keeps pushing his hips forward to her, its not over the top, but noticeable. She steps back, seems noticeably offput but an elbow touch.  Weird thing to react to unless hes acting like a pig.

Just have a hard time believing all that is coincidence, especially with his reputation.

Not to mention, she had nothing to gain here, HE filed suit, not her.  Pretty logical something happened and she went to a boss to ask to not be put in the situation again. Very reasonable request by a nobody trying to do her job.  Then he tosses around lynching comments, and sues them?  Hope she countersues, this threw a wrench in her life because he couldnt handle a little heat

• Like (+1) 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just watched the video, and I think this whole thing gets thrown out on both sides.  Even if Irvin said what the woman claims, I don’t see how it’s going to be proven.  And yeah, repulsive if he said what she claims, but her body language appeared at ease to me, versus trying to walk away and get back to work.  If anything, her boss/coworker appeared annoyed when she got back, so it’s possible she altered the version of events even a little, to cover her own butt.  And then realized she had to carry on with that story, for the sake of her job.  

Again though, I don’t see how the video and her word will implicate him.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.