Michael Irvin Removed from NFL Network Superbowl LVll Coverage

T&C

16 hours ago, babulator said:

I may be the only one, but I don't mind Irvin. I don't love everything he says obviously, but I like him and Mooch, their enthusiasm is infectious.

Kurt, Marshall and Sapp are/were all awful. With Kurt, if you don't QB exactly like him, he finds flaws, and Faulk is such a blind homer it's hard to listen to anything he says. Sapp.... well... his awfulness simply knows no bounds. Loved him as a player, but man, that guy is just out of his mind, he's not even of this planet anymore.

I would bet you are a lot younger than I am.   their target market demographic is probably 18-30 male.  Their "enthusiasm" to me is contrived and  nauseating.  And the other crew is equally obnoxious, Terry Bradshaw and cohorts, they laugh excessively for even the lamest of jokes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

24 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

who cares?  I never understood how this mush-mouthed dope ever got or retained his broadcasting career.  He adds nothing (intelligible) to any broadcast.  If he's hitting on coworkers, he's gonna hear about it from the company.

He said he didn’t know her

15 minutes ago, BUFFALOBART said:

Every time that I hear that voice, I turn the channel.

The NFL Network, was probably looking for any 'For Cause' excuse..

I agree. They’re not suspending their top guys for something so petty.

Edited by StHustle
  • Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, GolfandBills said:

He’s guilty right?  That’s what we do now right?

Should be an easy one to figure out. Stuff Im reading says that it was recorded on security cam video. So if it shows what Irvin said...that they just had a short  conversation, and there was no unwanted/egregious contact, AND there were no eyewitnesses who heard the conversation (Im assuming that hotel lobby cams do not record audio), its a purely "he said, she said" situation, and Irvin is getting shafted.

Btw, I don't watch or listen to any pregame, post game, or radio/tv sports talks shows, so I have no opinion on how good or bad Irvin is in that capacity.

9 minutes ago, StHustle said:

He said he didn’t know her

I agree. They’re not suspending their top guys for something so petty.

He also said he didn't talk to anybody in the lobby--went right to his room.

“They said, ‘Well, last night you walked in, you talked to somebody.’ I said, ‘I didn’t talk to anybody. I went straight to the room.’ And then they showed it on camera that I did talk to somebody. I talked to this girl for about a minute.

He's lying 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

He also said he didn't talk to anybody in the lobby--went right to his room.

“They said, ‘Well, last night you walked in, you talked to somebody.’ I said, ‘I didn’t talk to anybody. I went straight to the room.’ And then they showed it on camera that I did talk to somebody. I talked to this girl for about a minute.

He's lying 

Or maybe he was so impaired that he was hitting on many women that night, and just forgot when & where the encounters took place? But like I said above, if no one was close enough to hear their conversation, it's a "he said, she said" situation.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Should be an easy one to figure out. Stuff Im reading says that it was recorded on security cam video. So if it shows what Irvin said...that they just had a short  conversation, and there was no unwanted/egregious contact, AND there were no eyewitnesses who heard the conversation (Im assuming that hotel lobby cams do not record audio), its a purely "he said, she said" situation, and Irvin is getting shafted.

Btw, I don't watch or listen to any pregame, post game, or radio/tv sports talks shows, so I have no opinion on how good or bad Irvin is in that capacity.

Lol its on recording and dudes admitting to being blacked out. Yet saying he didnt do anything, makes totaaaaal sense.

Lets not forget that the SB also draws the largest sex trafficking event worldwide every year. Could be related, might not, but NFLN had Sapp's story with that hooker he refused to pay, not that long ago.

Add in sex trafficking back drop story, and NFLN has the right to say we pay you a lot, please keep your eggplant in your pants this one, single,problematic weekend.

How hard is, "dont get involved in any kind of sex scandal for one weekend". Deeerrrrrppppppppp

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Lol its on recording and dudes admitting to being blacked out. Yet saying he didnt do anything, makes totaaaaal sense. <Snipped for brevity>

I mean it's ALL just wild speculation by us and everyone else as to what really happened there, so my take is a valid as yours, I guess. Btw, you can't be "blacked out" and have a conversation, and then proceed to go up to your room. But like I said, if he was heavily inebriated, he may not be able to remember what he said, or even what he did that night. The encounter in question though was video recorded, so any "unwanted touching" should be easily discerned by watching the video.

4 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

I mean it's ALL just wild speculation by us and everyone else as to what really happened there, so my take is a valid as yours, I guess. Btw, you can't be "blacked out" and have a conversation, and then proceed to go up to your room. But like I said, if he was heavily inebriated, he may not be able to remember what he said, or even what he did that night. The encounter in question though was video recorded, so any "unwanted touching" should be easily discerned by watching the video.

he knows what he said...

He was initially lying to his network boss.  simple as that.

18 hours ago, Augie said:

I obviously have no idea what happened at the hotel, but any outcome that results in less Michael Irvin is not ALL bad! 

The guy literally shouts out little sound bytes of info; he might be the worst verbal communicator I've ever seen.

So of course he makes millions mostly saying nothing on TV for years.

This is reason 847 of 5,000 why I watch ZERO pre-game, half-time, or post-game talking head garbage, or any related "shows" that might be out there.

ALL OF IT is basically designed to be a carrier for tv ad revenue, nothing more.

We'll see more of this on Sunday when the "Super Bowl coverage" starts at 11am or something obscene! 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

54 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I had a relative who worked at DFW doing a lot of “special concierge” type projects for wealthy and high profile people. She said that all those 1990s Cowboys stars were great guys: Aikman, Emmitt, even Jimmy Johnson. Except for one entitled obnoxious doosh. Michael Irvin. 

I believe that. Emmitt was/is a total pro, as is Aikman. 

Growing up and watching those Dallas/Bills Super Bowls I hated Aikman and the Cowboys, but I have to give Troy his props in that he puts a lot of work into being as good as he can at broadcasting and has gotten a lot better over the years. 

I find that he brings up a lot of great points that other broadcasters seem to either miss or gloss over. 

Jimmy Johnson is also seemingly a pretty good guy. He's what he seems to be: the ole ball coach. People forget that Ralph made a real push to hire him here years after JJ retired. 

Edited by TheFunPolice

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.