Michael Irvin Removed from NFL Network Superbowl LVll Coverage

T&C

24 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

Exactly - he wanted some and she didn’t idk why this is a big deal I can’t stand him but if it was a 1-2 min convo in the lobby then this is dumb

These women at NFL network seem like women you wouldn't want to even start a conversation with. I wonder if it's the same woman that reported Warren Sapp, Ike Taylor and Heath Evans.  Marshall Faulk and Michael Irvin have also both had "claims" against them also. You never hear about any of this at ESPN. Do they just have better men working there? Or just less uptight women?

Edited by Buffalo03
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Eyeroll 1

10 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

"Honestly, I’m a bit baffled with it all," Irvin said. "This all happened in a 45-second conversation in the lobby. When I got back after going out… I came into the lobby, and I talked to somebody. I talked to this girl. I don’t know her, and I talked to her for about 45 seconds.

"We shook hands. Then, I left… That’s all I know."

Irvin added that he could not remember what exactly their conversation entailed, but he doubled down on his stance that he did not have inappropriate physical contact with the woman.

https://www.foxnews.com/sports/hall-of-famer-michael-irvin-baffled-nfl-network-removes-super-bowl-coverage-complaint.amp

What exactly did he shake her hand WITH is the question

• Haha (+1) 3

11 hours ago, mikemac2001 said:

Exactly - he wanted some and she didn’t idk why this is a big deal I can’t stand him but if it was a 1-2 min convo in the lobby then this is dumb

If that’s the whole story, then, yes. I can see the network taking this action if she works there, if this had happened before with him and her and/or if it had happened before with him and other women (especially if they were employees or employees of affiliates). That is just speculation, but since she was staying in the same hotel and hotels around there are filled  primarily with people working the game it is a decent bet she is working it too. 

13 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Apparently the lady complained about Michael and it got back to the people at NFLN…Michael claims nothing happened and it was in the hotel lobby  I’ll reserve judgement 

Pretty smart to defend yourself with quotes like "we were out drinking" and "i barely remember it" lol dumba$$

Innocent or not, hard to make a reasonable argument for yourself when you give a soundbite that makes you sound blacked out.

Mind as well say "i smoked so much crack my ears were ringing like fire alarms. I couldnt hear whatever she said"

• Haha (+1) 3

First, much respect for Irvin’s playing career but how can a network that represents the NFL, have a guy that can’t communicate in a way that inspires fringe NFL fans to love the show or the games. He sounds like a guy who goes on these unintelligible, grammatically flawed rants to sound like a super plugged in analyst. Forget it when he’s commenting on Dallas. This is just me, but when the networks rush to  bring in an exballplayer, shouldn’t they prioritize experience in communicating as a way of setting an example for the young fans who love football. The same standards that apply to newscasters and variety show hosts should apply to NFL studio personalities.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Eastport bills said:

First, much respect for Irvin’s playing career but how can a network that represents the NFL, have a guy that can’t communicate in a way that inspires fringe NFL fans to love the show or the games. He sounds like a guy who goes on these unintelligible, grammatically flawed rants to sound like a super plugged in analyst. Forget it when he’s commenting on Dallas. This is just me, but when the networks rush to  bring in an exballplayer, shouldn’t they prioritize experience in communicating as a way of setting an example for the young fans who love football. The same standards that apply to newscasters and variety show hosts should apply to NFL studio personalities.

They just shamelessly pander to the biggest fan bases. Where are all the ex players from?

NE. DAL. PIT. whether we like it or not, including bandwagon fans and "fans" that barely watch their own team, those 3 probably produce almost half the market as all other teams combined. Barffffffff

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

They just shamelessly pander to the biggest fan bases. Where are all the ex players from?

NE. DAL. PIT. whether we like it or not, including bandwagon fans and "fans" that barely watch their own team, those 3 probably produce almost half the market as all other teams combined. Barffffffff

Sounds about right.

1 minute ago, EasternOHBillsFan said:

In the real world, people get suspended for suspected conduct under investigation all the time... Michael Irvin isn't the exception

Not talking about being suspended.  Talking about people saying oh he’s guilty over a claim without know the truth.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.