Michael Irvin Removed from NFL Network Superbowl LVll Coverage

T&C

1 hour ago, RoyBatty is alive said:

I would bet you are a lot younger than I am.   their target market demographic is probably 18-30 male.  Their "enthusiasm" to me is contrived and  nauseating.

50, but still young at heart. Mike can be a little over the top @ times, but I like him. Admittedly, I don't watch as much of this stuff as most people on here do though. My bandwidth for sports has definitely waned over the years.

• Like (+1) 1

He's very handsy with the women.........there was a segment earlier this season with that goofy Browns fan woman that works for NFLN and after the segment he puts his arm around her and leans into her and gives her a big squeeze and you can see on her face the distress about it.    I think he's losing his mind.  

Edited by BADOLBILZ

2 hours ago, BillsShredder83 said:

They just shamelessly pander to the biggest fan bases. Where are all the ex players from?

NE. DAL. PIT. whether we like it or not, including bandwagon fans and "fans" that barely watch their own team, those 3 probably produce almost half the market as all other teams combined. Barffffffff

It's hard to believe that there are not any former Dallas Cowboy players from that era who could replace and improve upon Michael Irvin.

1 hour ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Add in sex trafficking back drop story, and NFLN has the right to say we pay you a lot, please keep your eggplant in your pants this one, single,problematic weekend.

How hard is, "dont get involved in any kind of sex scandal for one weekend". Deeerrrrrppppppppp

So... we've moved on from "driftwood?"

if it was in the hotel lobby, there should be security footage.  Where is TMZ on this?  And the women complained only to the NFL.  I mean, Irving has a reputation from the 90s for cocaine and partying, but if he simply said something grotesque to her, I don't know if that warrants taking him off the shows.  

Also, is he fired, or just off the shows?  If just off the shows, he is still getting paid, and likely that is some proof that this wasn't a big enough deal to violate a "morals" clause in his contract.  

10 hours ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I had a relative who worked at DFW doing a lot of “special concierge” type projects for wealthy and high profile people. She said that all those 1990s Cowboys stars were great guys: Aikman, Emmitt, even Jimmy Johnson. Except for one entitled obnoxious doosh. Michael Irvin. 

My friend was a good friend of Troy Aikman. Troy never mentioned Irvin, but in his first few years in Dallas, he was embarrassed to be around Jimmy Johnson & Jerry Jones at parties. Both of these married guys (in their 40s) would have a few drinks and hit on girls Troy’s age (early 20s).  Johnson was also notorious at Oklahoma State for chasing coeds. If Irvin is guilty, he may have learned from his former coach and owner. 

BTW,  Troy is a good guy, who donates to sports at his old high school without having his name attached. 

Edited by Tulsabillsfanz
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 2/8/2023 at 8:59 PM, Buffalo03 said:

These women at NFL network seem like women you wouldn't want to even start a conversation with. I wonder if it's the same woman that reported Warren Sapp, Ike Taylor and Heath Evans.  Marshall Faulk and Michael Irvin have also both had "claims" against them also. You never hear about any of this at ESPN. Do they just have better men working there? Or just less uptight women?

The article doesn't give any information on whether the woman was another employee.  Since Sharpe claims he didn't know the woman it could have been an employee of the hotel itself.  There's no info on what was alleged to have occurred just the woman made a complaint.  No info on what that complaint was about to know whether it's justified or not.

10 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

he knows what he said...

He was initially lying to his network boss.  simple as that.

My you gleaned this as some fact how exactly?  Even with Irvins less than stellar reputation, he could very well have been so intoxicated drugs or alcohol or both that he does not remember anything.  Having video that a conversation took place he may truthfully say he doesn't remember.  

14 hours ago, BarleyNY said:

If that’s the whole story, then, yes. I can see the network taking this action if she works there, if this had happened before with him and her and/or if it had happened before with him and other women (especially if they were employees or employees of affiliates). That is just speculation, but since she was staying in the same hotel and hotels around there are filled  primarily with people working the game it is a decent bet she is working it too. 

Ya I didn’t see her working with the network before the post but maybe there is more to the story and he is hiding behind this lobby interaction. 

if it was a random person that’s different but seeing them weekly adds a lot more 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, AuntieEm said:

My you gleaned this as some fact how exactly?  Even with Irvins less than stellar reputation, he could very well have been so intoxicated drugs or alcohol or both that he does not remember anything.  Having video that a conversation took place he may truthfully say he doesn't remember.  

Yes, it's far more likely that he was falling down drunk in that video he was shown and therefore he could not remember this conversation.

That's an excellent point---did he happen to mention that in his defense?  It would make sense for him to, no?

19 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

The guy literally shouts out little sound bytes of info; he might be the worst verbal communicator I've ever seen.

So of course he makes millions mostly saying nothing on TV for years.

This is reason 847 of 5,000 why I watch ZERO pre-game, half-time, or post-game talking head garbage, or any related "shows" that might be out there.

ALL OF IT is basically designed to be a carrier for tv ad revenue, nothing more.

We'll see more of this on Sunday when the "Super Bowl coverage" starts at 11am or something obscene! 

same here.

i like to read good analysis, especially from a gambling perspective, but i find it hard to separate the wheat from the chaff.  the sort of regular way ex players who get treated like Gauss (like Sherman the CB) if they managed to crack 4 digits on the SAT is just awful.  there are the occasional player or coach type person who gives something useful, but it's just drowned out by brain dead criminal blow hards carrying on.

frankly, this is why i subscribed to The Athletic, but honestly that's turned into the same sort of main stream coverage i got away from.  the only exception is that it's middlebrow midwit self congratulatory tripe instead of screaming and gossip.  still better i suppose.

Wow, that was FAST!

HEADLINE: Michael Irvin sues accuser, Marriott for $100 million over allegedly false accusation of misconduct

Story can be found on Yahoo Sports page....had trouble linking it.

From the story: "Rash and thoughtless actions can have severe consequences,” the lawsuit contends. “Marriott [parent company of Renaissance Hotels] apparently did not appreciate these simple truths when, in a rush to judgment, its employees and management inaccurately and inflammatorily accused Mr. Irvin of misconduct to the National Football League.”

Per the lawsuits, eyewitnesses support Irvin’s contention that he “casually exchanged pleasantries” with the accuser — a hotel employee — “shook her hand, and went to his room alone.”

Edited by Bob Jones

On 2/9/2023 at 10:48 AM, BillsShredder83 said:

Lets not forget that the SB also draws the largest sex trafficking event worldwide every year.

That's a myth.

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/super-bowl-prostitution-increase/

And while we're at it...

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/domestic-violence-super-bowl-sunday/

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.