Diggs is Tweeting

Mark92

Just now, Playoffs? said:

Who said ‘don’t listen to him’?

Diggs said don't listen to him to Josh and Josh was referring to the play call from Dorsey.

Dorsey has lost the locker room. Time to cut our losses. I can't imagine another year of this. No imagination. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

It's Dorsey or Diggs.  I am sure Beane is not happy with this getting vented out on Twitter.  However, Twitter is how diggs came to Buffalo.  It's in him to do this stuff.  The man is one the best of not the best #1 WR in the NFL he deserves the damn ball.  If he is being double teamed then you figure out how to free him up.  Kelce gets the ball, Jefferson gets the ball, Hill gets the ball, Chase the ball.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5

9 minutes ago, Process said:

Only guy on the team yesterday with a pulse

Lawson and Milano were putting in good effort too.

As for Diggs. Dude is watching his his team regress (Championship game -> tight divisional loss -> squeaked by in wildcard and blow out loss in Divisional Round)

Diggs will be turning 30 next year, time is slipping by and he knows it.

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I want you to be a professional and a leader who doesn’t have a tantrum and storm out of the locker room after a loss. 

Anyone who thinks this behavior is acceptable has their head in the sand. 

Anyone who thinks the coaching staff is acceptable has their head up their ass

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Process said:

That's not his job. He did need leadership...from our coaches. Who failed in every way yesterday.

He is literally one captains of this team.

How is leadership not part of the job description?

A actual quote from Diggs on what he needs to do as one of the captains of this team. 

“I’m embracing this new journey (and) understand that part of leadership is you need to be accountable - not only on the field but off the field and how you carry yourself.”

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 2

16 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

That's all fine; have the courage to address it and not hide on twitter!  

That's pretty much where I am.

We don't want him to be OK with losing, or OK with play that's not up to their standard.

But he's a Captain, and wants to present himself as a leader on the team.

He can be not-OK with losing and not-OK with play that's not up to their standard while being there in the locker room and there for his teammates, and dealing with any of his issues in house.

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

What a mental coward!  

I may agree, I may not agree, but say more

6 minutes ago, buffblue said:

I have literally zero problem with anything he has tweeted. It shows the man cares. He's a winner. Would you rather everyone just humbly accept losing and not get mad about it?

No, I'd rather he not accept losing and go ahead and be mad about it, but don't act like a toddler "Imma take my Ball and Go Home".  He's part of a team.  He's a captain on the team.  He's supposed to be a leader.  Lead. 

Edited by Beck Water

12 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

I want you to be a professional and a leader who doesn’t have a tantrum and storm out of the locker room after a loss. 

Anyone who thinks this behavior is acceptable has their head in the sand. 

I am proudly raising my hand and declaring my head is in the sand!

Walking out of a "meeting" where you believe you are overlooked, not appreciated, or ignored is really not an issue for me.  Now if he punches Dorsey, swears and threatens Josh, or challenges McD in front of the team, yes, that is unacceptable.

I support Diggs 1000% yesterday and likely more people than not would have acted that way in their job.  Walking out of a meeting is not a big deal and it should reveal to those above him that perhaps an issue lies in them.  Also, we have all seen those post game meetings with McD, if we are being honest they are pretty "meh".  What is McD going to say that warrants anyone's attention at that point?

A true reflective leader would ask themselves "Why is a high performing employee disgruntled and abruptly leaving a meeting?".  If their first reaction is "Boy,that is unprofessional".  Well, then that leader/upper manager should likely not be in that position.

• Thank you (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

That's pretty much where I am.

We don't want him to be OK with losing, or OK with play that's not up to their standard.

But he's a Captain, and wants to present himself as a leader on the team.

He can be not-OK with losing and not-OK with play that's not up to their standard while being there in the locker room and there for his teammates, and dealing with any of his issues in house.

I'm totally cool with frustration, totally fine if he wants to bark at Allen or whoever.  I don't like the idea of him tucking his tail between his legs and bailing on his teammates after the game, not addressing it today after making a display, and then going on twitter (hence my cowardice remark).  Being a leader, means you LEAD through the good and the sh*t times.  Understand how to be tactful when voicing displeasure.  

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

It's Dorsey or Diggs.  I am sure Beane is not happy with this getting vented out on Twitter.  However, Twitter is how diggs came to Buffalo.  It's in him to do this stuff.  The man is one the best of not the best #1 WR in the NFL he deserves the damn ball.  If he is being double teamed then you figure out how to free him up.  Kelce gets the ball, Jefferson gets the ball, Hill gets the ball, Chase the ball.  

It’ll have to be Dorsey. The cap hit on trading Diggs is simply too high.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Lieutenant Aldo Raine said:

I'm totally cool with frustration, totally fine if he wants to bark at Allen or whoever.  I don't like the idea of him tucking his tail between his legs and bailing on his teammates after the game, not addressing it today after making a display, and then going on twitter (hence my cowardice remark).  Being a leader, means you LEAD through the good and the sh*t times.  Understand how to be tactful when voicing displeasure.  

Yeah, we're pretty much aligned.  Though, as soon as a player starts yelling into air on the sideline rather than talking to a teammate or coach, I think that's pretty much the Universal Signal for "Team Has Already Lost, No Comeback Possible", so there's that.  But I can understand venting frustration on the sideline, throwing a helmet or yelling - it's not constructive, but it's going to happen. 

But the rest - yeah.

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, GottaRun said:

Our window for the Bills winning a Super Bowl is the length of our lifetimes.  His window for winning a Super Bowl is the length of his playing career.  Losing the chance 3 years in a row is a bigger hit to his chances as a player than our as fans.  We'll get there... someday. 

Speak for yourself, some of us are going to Die waiting lol

24 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

They can't cut or trade Diggs.  The cap hit is huge either way.  Its not Diggs or Dorsey.  Its Diggs under contract right back in Buffalo in July because he signed it and took their money.  Hopefully he is over his cycle by the time the season starts next year.

• Like (+1) 1

I think the additional context to this is that Eli Apple was trash talking him all game. He’s pretty easy to rile up, as we saw in the Packers game. He wanted the ball to rub it in Apple’s face but he never got it. He was worked up from the start of the game. He yelled at Josh on the field for throwing a ball too low on the second drive of the game.

Just my opinion, but if there's irreconcilable differences between Diggs and Dorsey, this has the potential of boiling over and splitting the locker room, with players chosing sides.

Not what we need.

I think Dorsey did a decent job this season for a 1st year OC (not so much yesterday), but the team is more important and we can't really have this going nuclear.

Best case is they replace Dorsey with Reich and this all blows over.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Agree 2

I agree w/ Diggs 100%. I'm really having a tough time seeing this team ever really contending for a SB as currently constructed. I'm super frustrated, he should be too.

He, Allen & Milano are the only players I give a pass too. They played their guts out. That performance by the coaches & rest of the team was putrid yesterday.

Edited by Donuts and Doritos
  • Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

Chase gets the ball because if you double up and clamp down on Chase, there's Higgins and Boyd.  When they hurt you enough, Chase gets his shot.

Hill gets the ball because if you double up and clamp down on Hill, there's Waddle

There's been discussion on this, but Kelce gets the ball because if teams take him away (and it's hard to take away a fast, nimble route runner who is 6'5" and 256 lbs), then the Chiefs have a dangerous run game with Pacheco and Smith-Schuster has been a quite respectable #2 with close to 1000 yds (933) and a 77.2% catch %.

Jefferson is more of a situation towards Diggs - he's overwhelmingly the best receiver on the team, and it's a tall order because he's young and fast and able to pull in those contested balls, but if another team succeeds in taking him away one of two things happen: either Osborn and Thielen step up and take over the game, OR the Vikes lose

Diggs really needs to sit down with someone - his WR coach, Josh, Beasley, someone - and look at the plays and understand that when he thinks he's open, maybe he's really not open at the time when Josh needs to throw.  Or maybe he could look at plays and figure out how he should be running his route differently to get open at the right time, or give input in play design that he thinks would get him open better.

But Twitter is NOT the way.

Edited by Beck Water
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

The only thing that showed up from Diggs yesterday was his mouth.   He played like trash too.  

Josh missed him on the first drive and then he was taken out of the game defensively because we have no other weapons

1 minute ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

I agree w/ Diggs 100%. I'm really having a tough time seeing this team ever really contending for a SB as currently constructed. I'm super frustrated, he should be too.

They've literally contended for a Super Bowl for 5 of the last 6 years.   The over reaction today is nuts.  This team has been around for over 60 years and not won a Super Bowl (AFL Championship yes) and everyone is acting like its easy to do just because they have a good QB.  

9 minutes ago, thenorthremembers said:

They've literally contended for a Super Bowl for 5 of the last 6 years.   The over reaction today is nuts.  This team has been around for over 60 years and not won a Super Bowl (AFL Championship yes) and everyone is acting like its easy to do just because they have a good QB.  

They have not had a real shot. They were blown out of the only AFC Championship game they were in recently. They have not been back in the 2 seasons since (pretenders go out in divisional games). It's not an overreaction it's just a fact. They were not as close as we thought. & Yesterday's putrid performance shows we're moving further away. If you think we can just run it back & get a different result you're in for another disappointment next year. Cincy & KC are not going away. Jags, Bolts are getting there. Browns will have their QB, if Phins & Jets get stable QBs, it will be even tougher. 63 years of futility & wait till next seasons is quite enough.

Edited by Donuts and Doritos
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

They have not had a real shot. They were blown out of the only AFC Championship game they were in. They have not been back in the 2 seasons since. It's not an overreaction it's just a fact. They were not as close as we thought. & Now seem to be moving further away. If you think we can just run it back & get a different result you're in for another disappointment next year. Cincy & KC are not going away. Jags, Bolts are getting there. Browns will have their QB, if Phins & Jets get stable QBs, it will be even tougher. 

I am not looking for them to run it back.  I am looking for them to get better and I believe they will try because the front office has always tried.   I like how the Bills are further away.  But the Bolts and Browns who have shown absolutely nothing with their respective QBs are closer.  Take the emotion out of it and be honest about what these teams actually are.  The Bills will be back next year.   

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.