Diggs is Tweeting

Mark92

Here's another stretch.

Say that tweet is right about Diggs yelling "Don't listen to him". Say Diggs is telling Josh to ignore Dorsey's play calls. We know Josh respects and likes Diggs, seeing him as a brother, but also gets on with Dorsey and championed him for the job. Diggs saying one thing and Dorsey another is going to create doubt in his mind whereas, to get the best out of him, he needs to be clear and focused. Not potentially having the two people he trusts most in the footballing world telling him conflicting things.

Unless you add to him right now.  

He’s going to be 30 in November.  How many peak years left?  Who is stepping in?  Is it Davis?  That 100% was their plan coming in to 2022.  I love Davis but we cannot go into 2023 assuming he’s a WR 1 if something happens to Diggs.  

This team needs to move heaven and earth to find WRs -hopefully in the draft - or our AJ Brown trade.  

But……you can’t just assume another Diggs type trade can happen again.  Teams are going to be hoarding WRs unless they can’t pay them.  A 1-2 WR punch will be seen as the value of the elite QB.  You absolutely spend 40 million on both - guaranteed the Bengals keep Higgins and Chase. 

So to anyone upset about his rant on the sidelines he knows this fact to.  

We are running out of time with our WR 1.  

1 hour ago, balln said:

Should have just stayed pat and chosen Jefferson at WR. Still on a rookie contract and better than diggs in everyway, now. And younger. Objectively better move / beane didn’t make 

also I’ll never forgive McD for trading out of mahommes pick for tre white and Zay jones 

Captain Hindsight over here. 

A. How were we supposed to know he'd be avail

B. Draft is a crap shoot, nobody is a sure deal, especially not a WR going in the middle of draft

C. We couldve ended up with a defensive player again, especially if he was gone

D. If anybody knew what we know now, he wouldve been drafted top 3, how is anyteam going to be that far ahead scouting players than anyone else.

Ridiculous take, Diggs has been $$ and a great voice in locker room. I still dont even disagree with his fire from yesterday, its a non issue

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Donuts and Doritos said:

I agree w/ Diggs 100%. I'm really having a tough time seeing this team ever really contending for a SB as currently constructed. I'm super frustrated, he should be too.

To me, this is (pardon my language) the Tom Brady excuse.  Every other QB seeks out the opposing QB after a loss and shakes his hand and exchanges a word or two.  Tom Brady apparently hates losing so much more than everyone else and is such a passionate competitor that he simply can't bring himself to do this after a loss (leading to Fitzpatrick running after him and making him shake once after he won LOL)

The whole team is super-frustrated.  We have OLman who I guarantee are out there after getting their knees drained and injected with cortisol every week, pumped full of Toradol.  Do we think Beasley isn't frustrated?  Davis?  Knox?  etc.

But they understand that part of being a teammate is being there for your guys, and part of being an NFL player is meeting with the media.

So Diggs, like Tom Brady, apparently gets a pass because he just hates losing more than anyone else that he can't stick around and shake hands and stay in the locker room and hug his teammates?  When they made him a Captain?  When he talked about embracing that role?

I call shenanigans

He isn't a fiercer competitor than Allen

Or Morse for that matter though he has that 'gentlemanly' affect after the whistle

The whole team hates losing

Edited by Beck Water

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I want you to be a professional and a leader who doesn’t have a tantrum and storm out of the locker room after a loss. 

Anyone who thinks this behavior is acceptable has their head in the sand. 

When you have a leader of the offense who goes mental on tv and trashes a booth when you lose in week 4 it is really hard to call out your on field leaders losing their ***** when you lay an egg at the end of the season. That is why that stuff matters.

Leadership is about control and leaders have to stay in emotional control. Once they don't it gives others a sense that they don't have to. 

It is a bad look for Diggs. I know he is an emotional guy who wants to win desperately, but he has to do handle his emotions better. 

Edited by GunnerBill
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1
  • Dislike 1

2 hours ago, LabattBlue said:

I want you to be a professional and a leader who doesn’t have a tantrum and storm out of the locker room after a loss. 

Anyone who thinks this behavior is acceptable has their head in the sand. 

Go buy an NFL team then. Otherwise you're just trying to control things you can't. 

• Eyeroll 1

56 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

I am certainly not advocating getting criminals; I’m only pointing out that the teams that beat us in the postseason seem to be ok with harboring a few of them if the talent is there. More broadly, there are a LOT of crazy people in the NFL. The Jimmy Johnson Cowboys teams were loaded with them. And let’s face it — you have to be a little crazy to play in the NFL given the extreme violence. We all want guys who are able to turn it off at 4:15 pm on a Sunday, but that’s not realistic for a lot of players. It’s a sport that rewards a violent bent.

I thought a lot about the criminal issue today.  I think we’re going to see some scumbags in here soon because it’s a unique blend of talent and economy, both of which we need. 

13 minutes ago, Arkady Renko said:

Who is this?

Dave Myers?  Founder of the "BuiltinBuffalo" Buffalo Bills Digital Media brand. 

In other words, Bills fan trying to build a podcaster/social media type presence

Like a lot of these guys, may have some connections with people who work for the Bills or know a few players.

Edited by Beck Water

1 hour ago, dave mcbride said:

The Bills have an overabundance of kumbaya vibes on the squad now and I for one want someone with some aggro juice who trash talks and absolutely hates losing. The Bills need MORE players like him. Love it or hate it, that sort of attitude is a winning one in the NFL. 

Agreed again.  It’s gonna have to get uncomfortable for us to get over the hump.  

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

When you have a leader of the offense who goes mental on tv and trashes a  when you lose in week 4 it is really hard to call out your on field leaders losing their ***** when you lay an egg at the end of the season. That is why that stuff matters.

But Diggs didn’t do this in week 4 - closest I’ve seen to sideline frustration was the Browns game.  

3 years…..no title.  3 playoff losses.  Never had any issues with Diggs - he has been a leader captain and great teammate.  

He’s going to be 30.  His window (and ours) is closing. 

He can sound off on the sideline of a playoff debacle.  

Maybe he should just sit there and tell us post game how we’ll learn from this.  

Edited by Big Blitz
  • Agree 1

11 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

To me, this is (pardon my language) the Tom Brady excuse.  Every other QB seeks out the opposing QB after a loss and shakes his hand and exchanges a word or two.  Tom Brady apparently hates losing so much more than everyone else and is such a passionate competitor that he simply can't bring himself to do this after a loss (leading to Fitzpatrick running after him and making him shake once after he won LOL)

The whole team is super-frustrated.  We have OLman who I guarantee are out there after getting their knees drained and injected with cortisol every week, pumped full of Toradol.  Do we think Beasley isn't frustrated?  Davis?  Knox?  etc.

But they understand that part of being a teammate is being there for your guys, and part of being an NFL player is meeting with the media.

So Diggs, like Tom Brady, apparently gets a pass because he just hates losing more than anyone else that he can't stick around and shake hands and stay in the locker room and hug his teammates?  When they made him a Captain?  When he talked about embracing that role?

I call shenanigans

He isn't a fiercer competitor than Allen

Or Morse for that matter though he has that 'gentlemanly' affect after the whistle

The whole team hates losing

Until Allen, McD or Beane say it's a big deal, it's just not that big a deal. & Nothing some time away to reset won't fix. We have larger problems to fix at the moment. Also Digg's tweet is nothing compared to the Cowboys tweet blaming Dak for their loss: 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ftw/2023/01/23/cowboys-official-twitter-account-crushed-dak-prescott/51216231/

1 hour ago, thenorthremembers said:

They won 14 of 18 games.   Diggs isn't going after the coaches alone.  He is going after his QB.

Josh looked in a trance yesterday. Diggs is allegedly the guy who can get through to him in those moments. I think he was trying. Pleading almost to get the real Josh back. But it just wasn't there yesterday. For whatever reason. Not putting the loss on Josh, all our othet flaws were fully on display but Josh when he is on can hide them. Sadly last night he was as bad as the rest of the team and just seemed weighed down by it all. I do think he has totally lost faith in his OL and that is a big part of it. Can't remember the last time I saw him climb the pocket to make a throw. 

I don't really have an issue with the sideline stuff. The walking out of the locker room before everyone was even in there and having to be fetched back by a vet like Taiwan Jones is a bad look and a poor emotional response. And I say that as the biggest Stefon Diggs fan going.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Donuts and Doritos said:

Until Allen, McD or Beane say it's a big deal, it's just not that big a deal. & Nothing some time away to reset won't fix. We have larger problems to fix at the moment. Also Digg's tweet is nothing compared to the Cowboys tweet blaming Dak for their loss: 

https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/ftw/2023/01/23/cowboys-official-twitter-account-crushed-dak-prescott/51216231/

Wow!  That's harsh, towards a guy they chose to present with a contract that gives them an $89M dead cap hit next year.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, Big Blitz said:

But Diggs didn’t do this in week 4 - closest I’ve seen to sideline frustration was the Browns game.  

3 years…..no title.  3 playoff losses.  Never had any issues with Diggs - he has been a leader captain and great teammate.  

He’s going to be 30.  His window (and ours) is closing. 

He can sound off on the sideline of a playoff debacle.  

Maybe he should just sit there and tell us post game how we’ll learn from this.  

No. The OC did. Once a leader loses emotional control like that it is hard to set a standard for others to follow. Leadership matters. Emotional control matters. 

I don't have too much of an issue with Stef being animated on the sideline. Leaving early is not acceptable.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

When you have a leader of the offense who goes mental on tv and trashes a  when you lose in week 4 it is really hard to call out your on field leaders losing their ***** when you lay an egg at the end of the season. That is why that stuff matters.

Leadership is about control and leaders have to stay in emotional control. Once they don't it gives others a sense that they don't have to. 

It is a bad look for Diggs. I know he is an emotional guy who wants to win desperately, but he has to do handle his emotions better. 

a fair but unappreciated point. It wasn’t the end of the world when Dorsey did that but I think it certainly pointed at a red flag in him, and wasn’t embodying what he would want out of his guys. 

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

a fair but unappreciated point. It wasn’t the end of the world when Dorsey did that but I think it certainly pointed at a red flag in him, and wasn’t embodying what he would want out of his guys. 

Such a non-factor in advancing more into the playoffs. 

5 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

I actually hadn't made that connection, but @GunnerBill has a point.  Once the OC loses his Shite publicly like that, it makes it harder to call on the subordinates and  to maintain control.

Just now, GunnerBill said:

That wasn't the argument. The argument is it is a factor when star players start throwing their toys out of the pram following a defeat too. Poor leadership, poor example.

Had to look that one up.

Thanks for the new word ; - )

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

Such a non-factor in advancing more into the playoffs. 

I don't know that I agree 100%.  It might be, but it also might indicate that the Love-and-Togetherness vibes are only skin deep and underneath the hood is some pretty strong infighting about who gets the targets and how the plays are designed.  That won't help.

Edited by Beck Water

3 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

I don't know that I agree 100%.  It might be, but it also might indicate that the Love-and-Togetherness vibes are only skin deep and underneath the hood is some pretty strong infighting about who gets the targets and how the plays are designed.  That won't help.

This is probably true. So then if the Bills bring in another WR Diggs will just get more angry because his targets will go down.

But I just went and read the Tweets. He didn't really say anything bad. He's just mad that they lost. He refers to "out level of play," which includes himself. I don't like him leaving either, but he was probably really worked up and felt it better to extract himself from the situation. I've done that before to stop myself from saying things that I would regret later.

Edited by FrenchConnection

Just now, GunnerBill said:

That wasn't the argument. The argument is it is a factor when star players start throwing their toys out of the pram following a defeat too. Poor leadership, poor example.

As I and many others have stated, it's not poor leadership and you're holding him to a higher standard than you are the coaches. He didn't bash anyone in the media, and he's not attacking Josh like people are insinuating and trying to twist any meaning around it. This is such a non-factor and waste of energy in terms of making the team better. It's no wonder we had 17 years of playoff drought because a small but loud percentage of our fanbase focuses on things that have nothing to do with helping us win. 

• Agree 1

That was such an embarrassing and unprepared effort yesterday from so many coaches and players.  Diggs should be pissed. It’s like the guys practiced this week  for a preseason game. What did they even do all week…goof around in practice and give hugs to Hamlin?

This team needs to hire some assassins for next season.  Screw the culture.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

7 minutes ago, Beck Water said:

No it's a non-factor because you're really grasping at straws trying to interpret it. Leadership falls from the top. Maybe you're looking at the wrong place of infighting. Diggs has repeatedly said throughout the season he's not worried about targets, he just wants to help us win. In big moments he has often asked for the ball because he has confidence he can make a play. If anything that's most likely what it was yesterday and there's nothing wrong with that. I want all of our players hungry to make a play. I want more Diggs-like guys on the team, confident, reliable, and hungry as ever to make a play in big games. 

But again, he's being held to a much higher standard than anyone else and it is 100% a non-factor in us figuring out a way to advance further into the playoffs and win a Super Bowl. 

Edited by extrahammer

What was the Daboll feud with McClappy? 

4 minutes ago, FrenchConnection said:

This is probably true. So then if the BIlls bring in another WR Diggs will just get more angry because his targets will go down. 

No. Diggs is doubled all day.  

if Diggs is not double covered all day. Josh might target more. The guy is frustrated at being doubled 20 times and 1 single he hopes to catch the ball. I also suspect he thinks send it into double and he’s winning. 

2 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

As I and many others have stated, it's not poor leadership and you're holding him to a higher standard than you are the coaches. He didn't bash anyone in the media, and he's not attacking Josh like people are insinuating and trying to twist any meaning around it. This is such a non-factor and waste of energy in terms of making the team better. It's no wonder we had 17 years of playoff drought because a small but loud percentage of our fanbase focuses on things that have nothing to do with helping us win. 

Errr.... I am doing exactly the opposite. I am saying the Diggs behaviour is more understandable when you don't demand emotional control from your coaches. 

As for wasting energy in making the team better - whose energy? Mine? I don't have any influence over making the team better. It has absolutely sod all to do with the drought stop talking nonsense. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.