Howard and Jeremy!

RobbRiddicksTDLeap

They’re going to get to the defense. Right now, they’re on the offense. Dorsey is getting it for lack of an identity. 

Rightfully so. 

On to calls now. God speed out there today! I’m wearing my post game sweatshirt today. I’m going to take a bunch of ***** this AM from the Jet/Giant fan Teamsters, but whatever. I know that this team will be back. 

Go Bills!

Just now, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

The broadcast rights for the Bills must be up for bid, and Audacy must see they're trailing in their offer. 😁

Audacy is AWFUL. The most unstable platform, and a very ugly and clunky app. 

You’d hope such a big company would have paid a little bit more on the infrastructure for their business. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

2 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

You’d hope such a big company would have paid a little bit more on the infrastructure for their business. 

Can't afford to.  Paying too much in broadcast rights for all the teams under the 'Audacity' umbrella.  That's why the producers of the programs are making $16 an hour, and are recent journalism grads. 😁

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

They’re hammering the offensive play calling and lack of identity. A caller just brought up the lack of creativity in route running. They’re transitioning over to the defense now. 

I was hoping that the thread would materialize into a conversation for those listening. I have to start work soon, so updates will have to happen organically. 

12 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

They’re going to get to the defense. Right now, they’re on the offense. Dorsey is getting it for lack of an identity. 

Rightfully so. 

On to calls now. God speed out there today! I’m wearing my post game sweatshirt today. I’m going to take a bunch of ***** this AM from the Jet/Giant fan Teamsters, but whatever. I know that this team will be back. 

Go Bills!

It is the worst app experience.  I pull over all the time to reset reload swear repeat

• Agree 1

I am currently in England.

Is there any app that can access WGR without VPN etc? Website is completely blocked.

I used to use the Simple Radio app but WGR has disappeared in the last 10 days and I tried Tune-In but it seems you have to pay a subscription for that.

Are there any other local radio stations that has Bills content or does WGR have a monopoly of sorts? 

Any advice gratefully received.

5 minutes ago, quincy said:

Is there any app that can access WGR without VPN etc? Website is completely blocked.

I used to use the Simple Radio app but WGR has disappeared in the last 10 days and I tried Tune-In but it seems you have to pay a subscription for that.

Are there any other local radio stations that has Bills content or does WGR have a monopoly of sorts? 

I just tried this, it worked for me.

https://mytuner-radio.com/radio/wgr-550-sports-radio-404063/

• Thank you (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

They’re hammering the offensive play calling and lack of identity. A caller just brought up the lack of creativity in route running. They’re transitioning over to the defense now. 

I was hoping that the thread would materialize into a conversation for those listening. I have to start work soon, so updates will have to happen organically. 

And yet the offense is so complicated that rookie wide receivers aren’t expected to contribute much and veteran receivers need time to learn it?

• Sad 1
  • Agree 1

3 minutes ago, BobbyC81 said:

And yet the offense is so complicated that rookie wide receivers aren’t expected to contribute much and veteran receivers need time to learn it?

I think the point they were making was that it isn’t complex. No scheme, just a route and get open. So, a guy like Shakir who is a mechanical route runner, and needs to be coached, gets Cole Beasley brought in so that he can learn creativity. It’s bizarre, and I think Dorsey is going to be the fall guy on this one. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

he isn't wrong.

whats amazing is either these guys hold back their insider information or they don't know it. there are quite a few players who do not care for what is going on with this staff - thinking they are not "it."

by the end of the week we may hear some more rumblings, but the little bit that gets out is 100% accurate.

• Like (+1) 3

I'm listening, and they're absolutely right. 

Our window may have closed if we don't improve talent wise and schematically. 

The lack of toughness just jumps off the screen. 

In the playoffs it gets more physical, and these guys got BENT OVER. 

1 hour ago, stosh64 said:

THIS ^ don't use the app. 

• Agree 4

1 minute ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

I'm listening, and they're absolutely right. 

Our window may have closed if we don't improve talent wise and schematically. 

The lack of toughness just jumps off the screen. 

In the playoffs it gets more physical, and these guys got BENT OVER. 

Don't disagree with you but this team does not have a history of getting bent over in the playoffs.  They are 4-4 and have had 2 OT losses, one loss against a superior KC team and the loss yesterday stands out as unique.   I do agree they were out "physicalled" but I really think it had some to do with the gameplans.   The weather dictated a certain style and the Bills pretended like there was no weather.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Matt_In_NH said:

Don't disagree with you but this team does not have a history of getting bent over in the playoffs.  They are 4-4 and have had 2 OT losses, one loss against a superior KC team and the loss yesterday stands out as unique.   I do agree they were out "physicalled" but I really think it had some to do with the gameplans.   The weather dictated a certain style and the Bills pretended like there was no weather.

They have done reasonably well, and losing a warrior like Daquon and Von hurts. They just looked so weak, all game. Just dominated up front. 

They should have adjusted with the weather, agreed. Our run game and screen game is AWFUL. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, quincy said:

VPN to a city in US

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

They were certainly out physicalled yesterday. That has happened before with this regime, but not in the playoffs. This reminded me of Indy 2021, Tenn 2020 and Philly 2019.... bullies who smashed us in the mouth. 

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

They have done reasonably well, and losing a warrior like Daquon and Von hurts. They just looked so weak, all game. Just dominated up front. 

They should have adjusted with the weather, agreed. Our run game and screen game is AWFUL. 

I know people scream about screen passes and I agree we need them.  The problem is Josh is not good at throwing them.  Ball placement and pace are critical on screens.  If you throw it right at the guy and he has to stop/catch then start again it can blow it up just with a pass that was complete but not well thrown.

1 hour ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Howard is HOT this morning. I can’t blame him. Hammering the offense, more than the defense. It sounds like they’re about to hammer Dorsey now.

Sheesh

Does anyone think Allen is asking Beane to bring back both Brown and Beasley if he had faith in Davis/McKenzie? Like when was the last time Brown even played ? Not surprised that teams just loaded up on Diggs and let others try and beat us.  We have no 3 down back and line is suspect,  our offence struggled all season and yesterday it showed. Diggs was pissed because Allen was not throwing to him in double coverage.  Like how dropped passes did Mckenzie and Davis have this season.  Mahomes and Burrows both have endless options and Beane is giving Allen not much outside of Diggs.

Just now, Matt_In_NH said:

I know people scream about screen passes and I agree we need them.  The problem is Josh is not good at throwing them.  Ball placement and pace are critical on screens.  If you throw it right at the guy and he has to stop/catch then start again it can blow it up just with a pass that was complete but not well thrown.

The OL is terrible at “ selling” screens. Josh Allen can certainly throw a screen pass. They always look disjointed from the start- and that starts upfront. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

1 minute ago, The Firebaugh Kid said:

included in the 1M texts I received from non Bills fan friends during and after the game were several texts saying that we looked exhausted physically and mentally. They’ve been through the wringer over the last month. 

That said, someone(s) has to take accountability for the game plan on both sides of the balls. The coaches were dominated. 

• Agree 2

As long as they keep saying stick with the process they'll be stuck. Why? because it seems like that means the QB will cover up for everything else. Even Joe B. still falls for it, number 1 on his list from the game? Burrow over Allen is his take and JA17 didn't elevate the team like Joe Cool.

That is an extremely fraudulent take and if the media keeps giving McBeane that excuse we'll keep giving the QB very average talent as Chris Simms and Greg Cosell have said. Meanwhile, the process calls for building a championship defense.

The correct take is the process and the organization got the QB right, the organizations processes otherwise are fraudulent.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

They were certainly out physicalled yesterday. That has happened before with this regime, but not in the playoffs. This reminded me of Indy 2021, Tenn 2020 and Philly 2019.... bullies who smashed us in the mouth. 

I don't think the Bills strength is tough smash mouth in the trenches.   But finding a handful of games over three years does not prove they cannot do it.  Teams have good games/bad games.  I bet I can find a game where the Bills dominated Tennessee or when the beat that Colts team in the playoffs.  Maybe I am wrong but I see the schemes yesterday as the problem. Sitting in zone when you cannot cut for two drives on defense.....runnign the ball wide with Cook when you cannot put  your foot in the ground at full speed (Cook second drive).  Pretty much all passes looking for longer passes.  Not running it straight ahead more.  I really thought the gameplans were FUBAR.

1 hour ago, Ridgewaycynic2013 said:

Can't afford to.  Paying too much in broadcast rights for all the teams under the 'Audacity' umbrella.  That's why the producers of the programs are making $16 an hour, and are recent journalism grads. 😁

Isn't radio a historically low paying job?

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, D. L. Hot-Flamethrower said:

As long as they keep saying stick with the process they'll be stuck. Why? because it seems like that means the QB will cover up for everything else. Even Joe B. still falls for it, number 1 on his list from the game? Burrow over Allen is his take and JA17 didn't elevate the team like Joe Cool.

That is an extremely fraudulent take and if the media keeps giving McBeane that excuse we'll keep giving the QB very average talent as Chris Simms and Greg Cosell have said. Meanwhile, the process calls for building a championship defense.

The correct take is the process and the organization got the QB right, the organizations processes otherwise are fraudulent.

Honestly the a thletic and Joe B have been pretty disappointing this year so that's not surprising. His podcasts are just him rambling on, and have really went downhill.

Edited by Sharky7337
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Matt_In_NH said:

I don't think the Bills strength is tough smash mouth in the trenches.   But finding a handful of games over three years does not prove they cannot do it.  Teams have good games/bad games.  I bet I can find a game where the Bills dominated Tennessee or when the beat that Colts team in the playoffs.  Maybe I am wrong but I see the schemes yesterday as the problem. Sitting in zone when you cannot cut for two drives on defense.....runnign the ball wide with Cook when you cannot put  your foot in the ground at full speed (Cook second drive).  Pretty much all passes looking for longer passes.  Not running it straight ahead more.  I really thought the gameplans were FUBAR.

The game plans were certainly questionable (and partly to blame for the loss).... but too many of our players just got their behinds beaten up front and eventually when that happens someone just has to step up and make a play. We folded. 

Edited by GunnerBill

2 hours ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Go Bills!

Worst app ever.  Horrible 

• Like (+1) 1

I can’t say i disagree with hammering the offense… as all week i said the Bills would likely need 34 to win.  So really, the D gave up what i and many others thought they would.  They were pathetic but still, the offense didn’t do anything whatsoever to help win that game. Just no-shows. Terrible.

As much as I’m normally pragmatic,  this morning’s tie raid by both Howard and Jeremy were appropriate.  The same goes for the board.  This site has blown up since the loss.  Normally, I’d say it’s an overreaction Monday, but this time it was warranted by every post.

There are probably some fake trolls on the board now, but at this point I don’t care.  I don’t think cleaning house is warranted, but revamping the players is needed.

We haven’t looked right since October.  I do think the revamped defensive line should be extended.  What we need most as Jeremy has been screaming for are two WR’s.  First, and speedster in the draft, and second a large possession contested catch guy.  Basically trying to mimic the WR trio of the Bengals.

Second, we need Guards.  I refused to talk about it during the season, but now that it’s over I’m onto thinking of the draft.  We don’t have the $ for free agency.  Even if we convert Josh and Diggs to a signing bonus, we still need $ to extend those we want.

2 hours ago, boyst said:

he isn't wrong.

whats amazing is either these guys hold back their insider information or they don't know it. there are quite a few players who do not care for what is going on with this staff - thinking they are not "it."

by the end of the week we may hear some more rumblings, but the little bit that gets out is 100% accurate.

They know little to nothing.  The team historically ices the radio station.  

I don’t know about you, but what I hear is the rumbling/grumbling that Dorsey is in over his head.  

1 hour ago, SectionC3 said:

They know little to nothing.  The team historically ices the radio station.  

I don’t know about you, but what I hear is the rumbling/grumbling that Dorsey is in over his head.  

i hear there is no cohesion and much attune to last years issues in the post season specifically is that mcdermott does not have the team focusing together and there being a rift between the two.

it boils down to mcd. even he admits that.

4 hours ago, RobbRiddicksTDLeap said:

Howard is HOT this morning. I can’t blame him. Hammering the offense, more than the defense. It sounds like they’re about to hammer Dorsey now.

Sheesh

Deservingly so.  To get embarrassed like that at home on both sides of the ball is inexcusable.  The scoreboard wasn't even indicative of how big a butt whoopin that actually was.  Completely dominated in all aspects of the game.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.