It's the trenches, stupid

Success

Just now, Success said:

That is WHERE THE GAME IS WON.  Every time, Especially in the playoffs.

Both lines. Keep investing. High draft picks, FA's.  That's it. That's all I wanted to say.

We need five new starters on the O Line and at least three or four on the D Line. That’s gonna be one heck of a draft! 😉

• Agree 2

1 hour ago, Success said:

That is WHERE THE GAME IS WON.  Every time, Especially in the playoffs.

Both lines. Keep investing. High draft picks, FA's.  That's it. That's all I wanted to say.

Oh come on, surly you must have more then this

The OL would look better in the passing game if Josh routinely got rid of the ball in 2.5 secs, but that’s not the type of QB he is, so we have to accommodate to his strengths.

We need some maulers that will help in the ground game. Also not sure what to do with Dawkins since I think he’s a B- to B left tackle. We need upgrades everywhere and lack the resources to get it done. This will be Beane’s toughest offseason yet. 

Ed Oliver, AJ Epenesa, Boogie Basham, Greg Rousseau through the draft

Settle, Jones, Phillips, Lawson, Miller, Star through free agency.

They are investing.  They just aren’t hitting.

Offensively the best lineman we’ve had plays for the Browns and arguably the second best one tried to remove his dead fathers head during a mental break.  We spent money on Morse, Bates, Saffold, etc

We aren’t hitting 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, FireChans said:

You can spend all you want on the DL but if you spend it on players who suck you will just suck.

How bad is Epenessa? I know he played this year but I honestly can't remember him making any plays. Who would have thought coming out of the offseason that the Bills best and most consistent D lineman would have been Shaq Lawson.

1 hour ago, 4th&long said:

The D line is weak. Greg R ids a bust. Ed Oliver can walk. I won’t give him a big contract. They can’t draft.

Oliver is on 5th year option so they Bills are committed $10 mil to him for 2023 and if you let him walk you still paid him the $10 mil as a cap hit.  So he's not going anywhere.

4 minutes ago, Chugga said:

Offensively the best lineman we’ve had plays for the Browns and arguably the second best one tried to remove his dead fathers head during a mental break.  We spent money on Morse, Bates, Saffold, etc

We aren’t hitting 

Think I missed something here, who are you talking about and what happened??

Edited by Ed_Formerly_of_Roch

O-line needs complete overhaul would start there first. Have to develop some semblance of running game. I would consider moving Bates to Center and look at upgrading both G positions while also bringing in some competition at RT. Safety, #2 WR and DE are other positions I would look at secondarily.

22 minutes ago, Chugga said:

We aren’t hitting 

Get a real DC and see what these guys can do.  There is talent just no leadership.  

19 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Whoever scouted Basham and Epenesa should be fired. How many consecutive years are we to tolerate a bottom 10 OL.  Our DL & OL have always been the problem. 

they definately need to take a deep look into their scouting dept.   with having to pay allen we have to build through the draft and we have wasted way to many draft picks on mediocer players.   too many boom or bust players as well.   Then you have to look at coaching.   Are we getting everything talent wise from these draft picks? 

• Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, JayBaller10 said:

The OL would look better in the passing game if Josh routinely got rid of the ball in 2.5 secs, but that’s not the type of QB he is, so we have to accommodate to his strengths.

We need some maulers that will help in the ground game. Also not sure what to do with Dawkins since I think he’s a B- to B left tackle. We need upgrades everywhere and lack the resources to get it done. This will be Beane’s toughest offseason yet. 

it takes longer than 2.5 seconds for dorseys deep routes to develop.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.