We're on to Cincinnati(Bengals coming to OP). Sunday 1/22 at 3pm. Opening Line Bills -5

Big Turk

41 minutes ago, pigpen65 said:

If the Bills lost Dawkins, Bates and Brown their starting Oline would be Quessenberry, Saffold, Morse, Boettger and Bobby Hart. Imagine having to play the Bengals with that? Dline should T the ***** off this week. No exceptions.

Flawed logic here. The Bengals aren't the Bills. Plus, the Bengals have vast experience playing with a poor oline. Sure it's not an ideal or great situation. The Bengals went to the Super Bowl with a terrible Oline. Lastly, the Bills just played a Miami team that had practice squad players on their Oline. The Dolphins oline might be worse than the Bengals current Oline. The Bills Dline was somewhat disappointing vs Miami. They have to play better be Cinci. 

6 minutes ago, Bob Jones said:

Who are Eric Weddle and Kay Adams? Never heard of either of them. Why would anyone care what ANY talking head "expert" spews out about NFL football? Stopped watching/listening to any of them decades ago, and I'm certain my life is much better for it.

Eric Weddle is arguably the best safety in the NFL over the past 15 years. He's at least in the very top tier.

Edited by dave mcbride
  • Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Logic said:

DaQuan Jones logging two straight limited practices with a "Calf" designation is a little bit concerning.

Have to hope it's just precautionary. Jones would be a massive loss for this d-line if he couldn't go.

He's been the glue in the defensive front.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

20 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

Flawed logic here. The Bengals aren't the Bills. Plus, the Bengals have vast experience playing with a poor oline. Sure it's not an ideal or great situation. The Bengals went to the Super Bowl with a terrible Oline. Lastly, the Bills just played a Miami team that had practice squad players on their Oline. The Dolphins oline might be worse than the Bengals current Oline. The Bills Dline was somewhat disappointing vs Miami. They have to play better be Cinci. 

The Bills D had 4 sacks, 11 QB hits, and numerous pressures in the game.  Thompson was 18 for 45 for 220 yards.  The Dolphins had one decent drive all game which resulted in a touchdown.  The defense actually played pretty well.

Edited by DCbillsfan
  • Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 3

14 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

Rousseau and Oliver need to show up and play up to their draft status in this game. Take advantage of Cincy's injured OL.

It looked like they would be until it turned out to be the Von effect. It just doesn't seem like the Bills have an eye for the Dline. Good but not great players. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

He tells Kay Adams, “If I was a betting man, I’d put a lot of money on the Bills.”

I thought Kay was a Browns fan? Did she flip squads and jump the Cincy bandwagon? 

5 minutes ago, DCbillsfan said:

The Bills D had 4 sacks, 11 QB hits, and numerous pressures in the game.  Thompson was 18 for 45 for 220 yards.  The Dolphins had one decent drive all game which resulted in a touchdown.  The defense actually played pretty well.

I think a lot of that was due to Thompson holding on to the ball too long. I believed he average 3.21 seconds per throw which is way too long by NFL standards. 

I'm not implying the defense didn't play well. I know the stats look pretty good. However, I expected a more dominant Dline performance vs Miami. Maybe my expectations were too high. 

Burrow will get the ball out much much more quickly. I believe the Bengal offense presents some very difficult match ups and challenges for the Bills defense in spite of their Oline issues. 

1 minute ago, Logic said:

Not happy at DaQuan Jones being limited in 2 successive practices.  We need that guy.

Not sure what I feel about Jordan Phillips being limited.  If he's good to go, we can use him, but we don't need him out there one-arming it.

1 hour ago, Big Turk said:

At the very least should be able to confuse their blocking assignments and get some free runners with the crowd noise and lack of continuity on the line.  A lot of issues caused by backups linemen isn't from getting beat by their man(which does happen a lot tho), it comes from not being on the same page with the guy next to you in terms of protection calls, changes in protection and blocking the right guy, etc...

Made much worse when you are on a silent snap count and cannot communicate with the guy next to you.

I'm back and forth in my head on what type of official we want. The one who lets the teams play will likely favor the Bengals. Their DB's are not as good as ours and will likely have to be more physical while our offense is not as physical as they are. However, our defense gets quite physical and does well and they're allowed to play as such. I think we're good to let them play similar to Miami last week.

30 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Eric Weddle is arguably the best safety in the NFL over the past 15 years. He's at least in the very top tier.

Agree, top tier

Not only that...he's kind of legendary in that he may well have gained the Rams their SB trophy last year. 

He retired in 2019 and spent 2020 doing dad things.

Got a phone call January 12 2022 after one of the Rams safeties went on IR and the other was in concussion protocol; "are you in shape?".   "Yeah, I'm good". 

None of this "ease into it".  Came off the couch, led the team in tackles during the AFCCG, was wearing the dot and calling the defense in the Superbowl, tore his pec in the 1Q but refused to leave the game.

Put on his ring, had surgery on his pec, and went back to doing Dad things like coaching HS football.

It's Epic.

2 minutes ago, boyst said:

I'm back and forth in my head on what type of official we want. The one who lets the teams play will likely favor the Bengals. Their DB's are not as good as ours and will likely have to be more physical while our offense is not as physical as they are. However, our defense gets quite physical and does well and they're allowed to play as such. I think we're good to let them play similar to Miami last week.

I'd kind of like refs who would call offensive holding once in a while.

• Like (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, newcam2012 said:

I think a lot of that was due to Thompson holding on to the ball too long. I believed he average 3.21 seconds per throw which is way too long by NFL standards. 

I'm not implying the defense didn't play well. I know the stats look pretty good. However, I expected a more dominant Dline performance vs Miami. Maybe my expectations were too high. 

Burrow will get the ball out much much more quickly. I believe the Bengal offense presents some very difficult match ups and challenges for the Bills defense in spite of their Oline issues. 

Bills D needs to get pressure up the middle.  Hoping Oliver, Jones, and Settle have strong games.

• Agree 1

8 minutes ago, boyst said:

I just want the official that calls it the same both ways.  I dont want them to call nothing and then boom some 4th quarter game changing ticky tacky call.  Whatever they call just call it equally for both sides. Nor would I want some ref that calls ticky tack crap early on and then ... oh its the end of the game just let them play.

Edited by Scott7975
  • Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

haha yep.

Ahmed: ((nearly gets decapitated by Tremaine))

McDermott: clap clap clap

I mean...look at the perfect form...get down in the proper stance...dig in...watch as the play develops...prepare for an extended clapping session...then clap through the entire aftermath of the play... You just can't do it any better than that!

I hope all the young coaches out there are taking notes on this.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 2
  • Haha (+1) 6

6 hours ago, SUNY_amherst said:

because if the game was finished they would've won and would be hosting our Bills sunday. They have every right to be pissed. The league should've made it right by making this week a neutral venue as well or tried to fit the rest of that game in

After one full drive for each team you came to that conclusion????

This has to be a troll account.

• Like (+1) 5
  • Agree 2

2 minutes ago, Magox said:

It is.  Or else someone with an IQ low enough to not bother responding to.

• Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

What this tells me is that the Bills are much more effective running the ball in terms of yards and efficiency and that Cincinnati uses their running backs a decent bit more than the Bills, not so much that they are more efficient just passed to much more often.

• Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Magox said:

Somehow it's very hard for people to understand that the Bills and KC have the same amount of losses (3) hence the neutral field. They also don't understand that the 1/2 a quarter of the game they watched never happened. If they took the time to assume the Bills would of won then they wouldn't be asking for any neutral field games, as the Bills would be the 1 seed. Nobody got screwed, a man almost passed away on the field. There are things more important than the sport we all love, life being one of them.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, Magox said:

He showed up to troll before the last Bengals game.  If you call him on it he gets all petulant and accuses you of hating on him because he has a different opinion.  Personally, I could not care less what his opinion is.  It is of no value.  

• Agree 1

11 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Crazy. 

Everyone keeps saying the Bills won't run the ball, and can't run the ball.

These stats don't even count Josh Allen.

Strange, isn't it. Once these talking heads get a narrative in their heads, they look for all else to support that narrative. It's really just basic confirmation bias. It's nothing new. Here is Francis Bacon writing in 1620:

The human understanding when it has once adopted an opinion (either as being the received opinion or as being agreeable to itself) draws all things else to support and agree with it. And though there be a greater number and weight of instances to be found on the other side, yet these it either neglects and despises, or else by some distinction sets aside and rejects, in order that by this great and pernicious predetermination the authority of its former conclusions may remain inviolate.

• Thank you (+1) 1