Will DeAndre Hopkins be available this offseason?

NeverOutNick

4 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

It's possible that Bills are involved just to drive up the price on KC. They are the ones that need a #1 wr

KC doesn't need a top WR.  They didn't pay Hill $$  they spread the ball all over and use their TE3 even 

6 minutes ago, Iraq Vet said:

D Hop to Buffalo is not happening... just stop...

oh really? Pacman who is very good friends with Hopkins thinks that it is.  

• Haha (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Dillenger4 said:

Turn on the TV and twitter buddy. BINGO!!!

These are all rumors.... the problems are huge... Salary cap and the trade compensation...

Bean is very aggressive but he is not going to sell the future for D. Hop   

8 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Aaron Wilson was just on wgr...

Bills are leader

Kc is involved, but they have to get money worked out

Major factor is 💸 💰 🤑 💲 

Compensation won't be much

These were the only 2 teams mentioned

If I heard correctly, he made it seem like KC had looked into but won't pursue due to $ and also mentioned Ravens are not in 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Aaron Wilson was just on wgr...

Bills are leader

Kc is involved, but they have to get money worked out

Major factor is 💸 💰 🤑 💲 

Compensation won't be much

These were the only 2 teams mentioned

My one area of skepticism with this whole thing is that Aaron Wilson's source is almost certainly Hopkins' agent. Aaron Wilson on Twitter is usually putting out contract details before they're announced by others which means agents are most likely his sources. It would be in Hopkins' agent's best interest to use the Bills purported interest as leverage to get other teams to increase their offers. I've seen the Bills used in that manner in the past.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Iraq Vet said:

These are all rumors.... the problems are huge... Salary cap and the trade compensation...

I think he should consider selling some of the future or someone else may be making those decisions in the future.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, KDIGGZ said:

It's possible that Bills are involved just to drive up the price on KC. They are the ones that need a #1 wr

I think beane wants this...they know wr2 is an issue.

How we have approached wr since beane and mcd has been here is looking for guys whose production could be higher if given more of an opportunity, yes, diggs was even in the category. When you look at targets received Diggs exploded when he got here, same with Bease and John Bown really. We have done that already with our 2 signings, cheaper deals and let's see how they do with more targets. I do think they saw last year that once Stef was taken away we struggled a lot and had to go to the streets.

You saw how passionate beane was with the Antonio Brown thing and even last year with edge, he wasn't losing out l. I just getbthe same feeling here...

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

My one area of skepticism with this whole thing is that Aaron Wilson's source is almost certainly Hopkins' agent. Aaron Wilson on Twitter is usually putting out contract details before they're announced by others which means agents are most likely his sources. It would be in Hopkins' agent's best interest to use the Bills purported interest as leverage to get other teams to increase their offers. I've seen the Bills used in that manner in the past.

That seems unlikely due to him and Allen connecting on IG, "Buffalo Soldier" and his close friend Pacman not even mentioning KC as a spot he'd go...Pacman also tweeting directly at the Bills last night 

Edited by Warriorspikes51
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Fair points, Beane won't chase something to get boxed out again like Brown and even JD McKissic last year, he gets pissed at stuff like that. I do think Pacman pumping it up helps and I'd even say Von working out with him has to add in. Without that stuff, I'd be a bit more inclined to lean where you are...

I also tend to think Beane if he knows he is competing against KC will swing really hard not only to get him, but will up the ante to keep him out of KC...

Very valid points

Edited by Reed83HOF

2 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

That seems unlikely due to him and Allen connecting on IG, "Buffalo Soldier" and his close friend Pacman not even mentioning KC as a spot he'd go

Makes it come across more likely as his agent name dropping KC to Wilson, as to put a little added pressure on BUF to get this thing done asap. 

Not sure we’re really worried about negotiations if the other teams are Vegas, Baltimore etc., especially if Beane knows Hopkins wants to come here. 

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, IronMaidenBills said:

It’s not that I would want to give up a 1st round for Hopkins, but if we were in a bidding war with KC for Hopkins and that is what it took to keep him off their roster, I’d do it. Hopkins on our team is a super bowl, and nobody is going to complain what we had to do to get Hopkins if we win a super bowl. 

I’m not saying no to do it, but I just don’t know what is physically feasible. 

I’d have to imagine the Pegula’s are basically telling Beane to do whatever it takes to win a super bowl, especially given Kim’s health status. She likely wants to see this franchise and city win a super bowl while she is still living. I know I would if I was the owner with sufficient cash and I knew my health was not the greatest. 

As much as I want Hopkins here, you dont give up a first round pick for a player that old. Arizona didnt even give up a first for him.  You cant let emotion let you overpay like that.  If KC gets him then they get him. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

Just now, Iraq Vet said:

Ok I will play this game...

Shakir and a 3rd 2023, and a 5th 2024 for D hop and 6th this year.

We still draft a 1st round WR... We need to get younger at WR.

AZ would definitely accept that.  It sounds like we won't need to give up quite that much value

4 minutes ago, Iraq Vet said:

Ok I will play this game...

Shakir and a 3rd 2023, and a 5th 2024 for D hop and 6th this year.

We still draft a 1st round WR... We need to get younger at WR.

Reports are that it won’t be a ton of comp.  More like Day 3 picks. 

Shakir and a 3rd would qualify as alot, imo. 

Although they did start randomly talking about “what if AZ wants Shakir?” on WGR yesterday with Schopp, Bulldog and Sal. 

Edited by SCBills

8 hours ago, Buffalo Barbarian said:

we gave up a first for Diggs, who is similar age, and no one batted an eye about that and Hopkins is a better WR.

Diggs was 3-4 years younger than Hopkins is now when we gave up a first for him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, papazoid said:

normally beane sets his price and thats it

he wants this so bad there might be some wiggle room taking more time

I think blocking him to KC will give him motivation to get the cash to workout...unless it is something unreal and he knows he can pivot to another wr elsewhere...

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

When we sucked it happened all the time because we were a joke. Things are different now. The players interest is a factor now.

• Agree 1

5 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Reports are that it won’t be a ton of comp.  More like Day 3 picks. 

Shakir and a 3rd would qualify as a ton, imo. 

Although they did start randomly talking about “what if AZ wants Shakir?” on WGR yesterday with Schopp, Bulldog and Sal. 

I don't want to give up Shakir.  DHop is the win now and Shakir is the future. I'd honestly be more willing to give them Davis at this point since he's going into the final year of his rookie contract and add another rookie in the draft that can learn from DHop and Diggs.

Edited by Billz4ever
  • Like (+1) 1

I’ve always viewed this trade as being picks for Hopkins …. Better picks for Hopkins and AZ eats some cap. 

If I had to guess, that’s where we’re at in negotiating. 

Or some corresponding moves involving Oliver etc., going back to AZ to another team to clear cap and recoup a Day 3 pick. 

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, Dillenger4 said:

Try to stop Diggs, Dhop and Harty with Knox and Cook on the field. Add in Harris for quality pounding and we are one tough team to beat. DHOP is a Bill... just figuring out the dough right now. It goes down today.

You seem confident.  Hope you're correct.

1 minute ago, BeefCurtns said:

Or maybe Beanes doing this to see if OBJ will shyt or get off the spot. The Mind of Our GM working all the time.

like a Modern Monty Hall.

I think the OBJ talk needs to cease. A 30-plus WR coming off back to back torn ACLs and modest production beforehand. He’s a name only at this point. 

1 minute ago, Billz4ever said:

I don't want to give up Shakir.  DHop is the win now and Shakir is the future. I'd honestly be more willing to give them Davis at this point since he's going into the final year of his rookie contract and add another rookie in the draft that can learn from DHop and Diggs.

Giving up Shakir would definitely be a tough pill to swallow.  

Probably depends what their view is of Davis.  

Signing Hopkins doesn’t prevent a long term deal for Davis.  

However, if they do extend Davis… The next two years are pretty much locked in as Diggs - Hopkins - Davis - Harty … where is Shakir fitting into all that.  He’ll be on the final year of his rookie deal, barring injury, before we can get him on the field… unless he beats out one of the top 4 or we let Davis walk… in which case, Shakir as the WR3 would be nice to have in our back pocket on a rookie contract for a couple years. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

I would actually suggest it's more likely the agent is using KC to drive up the $

The Chiefs don't need Hopkins. They showed themselves to be unstoppable with Kelce and an assortment of decent - solid players

Fair point

• Like (+1) 1

One thing Brandon Beane has said that everyone overlooked was that he could’ve traded for Von Miller before the Rams did but didn’t want to give up a high pick for a player he didn’t know he could sign.

Von Miller would’ve been the difference in the 13 seconds game. No doubt in my mind. Which is why I blame Brandon Beane for that loss. Then we used that 2nd on a RB that barely played and still signed Von Miller. Ugh!

Beane needs to make this happen. Think about future years when they come. You have 2 all pro safeties at the end, your best pass rusher is at the end. The time is now. Do it!

Edited by Buffalo_Stampede
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

18 minutes ago, Iraq Vet said:

You wouldn’t have to “sell the future” to acquire Hopkins. Not even close. 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, Johnnyp566 said:

I think the OBJ talk needs to cease. A 30-plus WR coming off back to back torn ACLs and modest production beforehand. He’s a name only at this point. 

I’d take Hopkins any day over OBJ not because of talent but because OBJ is a problem child Prima Donna. We already have Diggs crying could you imagine what a Jerry Springer episode it would be here with those two?

Edited by BeefCurtns

5 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Could the agent being using KC?  Pacman didn't even mention them as a team on Hopkins list 

I don’t think so. Just look how they construct their roster. They’re missing the bigger possession WR. It was Watkins and then JuJu. Sky Moore is not that player. He’s more of a Hardman replacement. 

7 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

We have better trade assets than KC. If a trade happens to KC instead of Buffalo, then it is a big failure on this FO. 

Except picks, KC has like 12 picks maybe it doesn't matter just looking at every angle.

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, NewEra said:

I would suspect that we’d trade him because he’s the only guy that aZ would want, other than picks.  Makes sense

They have a bunch of shorter WR's. I have a feeling they'd more likely be interested in Davis.