Week 17: Bills at Bengals on MNF

Beck Water

10 hours ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

#1 seed gives the Bills the most time possible to try and get Hyde or Crowder back, although it is looking more and more like they are done.

Haven’t heard anything on either other than they are running off to the side of practice.

But it would get you to mid-January to get anyone back that you could. 

Totally a theory. But Hyde has been featured a lot on the Bills social media the last week or two. 

I think he stands a decent shot at coming back actually. 

Beasley can only be called up one more time before the playoffs before he has to go on the 53. I thought he’d sit the Bears game, but imagine he sits via NE. Playoffs reset the 3 game limit. Curious if that has anything to do with Crowder? Might be over thinking that one. 

• Agree 2

5 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

We’re better than Cinci -all through the roster. Yes, they made the Super Bowl last season and their record is good enough to warrant this opportunity as well. IF we don’t turn the ball over or kill promising drives with penalties, we’ll be the #1 seed. jmo.

No I hear you.

The only teams that give me pause to say that we are better than are the Chiefs and Eagles. 

Cincinnati is uncomfortably close though. 

2 minutes ago, Process said:

The bias for Mahomes and Burrow and against Allen in the media will never not be hilarious.

Let them Keep doubting Allen and downplaying his abilities. The Bills have beaten the Chiefs at Arrowhead two of the last 3 times we’re a few seconds and some questionable defensive strategy away from winning all 3. Meanwhile the Bengals were down 17-3 at Tampa ( who promptly turned the ball over 4 times in the second half to lose ) and nearly fell to the Patriots on Sunday. Yet those teams are talked up as unstoppable. The anti Bills and anti Allen bias has resurfaced, but I believe that will serve to motivate Josh even more. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, Boatdrinks said:

Let them Keep doubting Allen and downplaying his abilities. The Bills have beaten the Chiefs at Arrowhead two of the last 3 times we’re a few seconds and some questionable defensive strategy away from winning all 3. Meanwhile the Bengals were down 17-3 at Tampa ( who promptly turned the ball over 4 times in the second half to lose ) and nearly fell to the Patriots on Sunday. Yet those teams are talked up as unstoppable. The anti Bills and anti Allen bias has resurfaced, but I believe that will serve to motivate Josh even more. 

Allen in the playoffs is like SuperMan

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, SCBills said:

Of course, I agree, we can still win the Super Bowl in a worst case scenario of the 3 seed … but there is no denying the massive difference between the following potential scenarios:

Bye. Home against Jax/Bal/LAC etc. Home for AFC CG.  

vs

Home against LAC/Bal etc.  At Bengals. At Chiefs. 

It really is a MASSIVE advantage now that there’s only 1 bye

57 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

No I hear you.

The only teams that give me pause to say that we are better than are the Chiefs and Eagles. 

Cincinnati is uncomfortably close though. 

SF is legit too.  Very legit

54 minutes ago, Process said:

The bias for Mahomes and Burrow and against Allen in the media will never not be hilarious.

Were you hibernating august through the KC game?  If so, you missed the Bills bias over every team in the nfl…..as if we were the only team that had a chance to win the SB.  

Edited by NewEra

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

It really is a MASSIVE advantage now that there’s only 1 bye

SF is legit too.  Very legit

We’re you hibernating august through the KC game?  If so, you missed the Bills bias over every team in the nfl…..as if we were the only team that had a chance to win the SB.  

Yes , Bills hype was over the top early in the year. The pundits have reverted to their true colors and that’s fine. Agree on SF- they’re my dark horse for the SB in the NFC. The more I see them the more I get the feeling they end up winning the NFC. They are dominant in the trenches and have a super QB friendly offensive system. Fans forget that they won the NFC championship game a few seasons back where Garrapolo hardly passed the ball. 

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Process said:

Yea because of how Allen ended the season last year and started this one. When he's playing lights out they are all on board. You can't deny that he has significantly less wiggle room to play like crap and get criticized by the media. They are way quicker to turn on him. We've won what 6 straight games and they are still brining up turnovers because of the stretch earlier in the year? We've lost 3 games all year his turnovers have cost us nothing.

How many times have you heard about Mahomes throwing game ending interceptions vs the colts and bills?

Just funny that's all. No doubt they will all be slobbering over him again after we beat the Bengals and win the SB.

Idk….. I don’t have the time nor energy to waste my minutes on earth thinking about something so stupid.  No offense-  get over it.  It brings nothing but a higher blood pressure.  Trust

2 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Yes , Bills hype was over the top early in the year. The pundits have reverted to their true colors and that’s fine. Agree on SF- they’re my dark horse for the SB in the NFC. The more I see them the more I get the feeling they end up winning the NFC. They are dominant in the trenches and have a super QB friendly offensive system. Fans forget that they won the NFC championship game a few seasons back where Garrapolo hardly passed the ball. 

Yup.  That front 7 is ridiculous.  Charvarious Ward has been a perfect fit in that system.  Hufanga is a missle- Jimmy ward, versatile. Their other corners can be exposed as long as you can scheme your WRs open quick enough to get the ball out before their DL destroys your OL and QB.  

Ryan’s will be a HC next season 💯 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Process said:

do you guys expect all these people on shows and podcasts to pick Allen and Bills as the best all the time? There'd be nothing to discuss. Also he has turned the ball over a lot lately. 

Edited by nucci
  • Thank you (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Nobody is doubting Allen's abilities. He leads the league in turnovers because he tries to do too much at times.  It has also taken time to get the defense healthy and firing on all cylinders. Get those things figured out and the host is ranking the Bills higher. Seems pretty fair and respectful to me....

The Bengals have the hot hand in the AFC (hoping that changes Monday) and Philly has proven that the QB position isn't that important for them. They can score a million against a meaningful divisional game with their back up. 

It is what it is at the moment. 

Edited by Mango
  • Like (+1) 2

14 minutes ago, Mango said:

Nobody is doubting Allen's abilities. He leads the league in turnovers because he tries to do too much at times.  It has also taken time to get the defense healthy and firing on all cylinders. Get those things figured out and the host is ranking the Bills higher. Seems pretty fair and respectful to me....

The Bengals have the hot hand in the AFC (hoping that changes Monday) and Philly has proven that the QB position isn't that important for them. They can score a million against a meaningful divisional game with their back up. 

It is what it is at the moment. 

I agree that they don't doubt his abilities. I get the feeling that they don't envision him being a championship QB.

3 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

I agree that they don't doubt his abilities. I get the feeling that they don't envision him being a championship QB.

Eh, maybe. I don't exactly know how to qualify that but I will say....Josh Allen set the bar for himself at the end of last season and in the playoffs. For better or worse that is his measuring stick now. He hasn't played to that standard in some time. 

29 minutes ago, Mango said:

Eh, maybe. I don't exactly know how to qualify that but I will say....Josh Allen set the bar for himself at the end of last season and in the playoffs. For better or worse that is his measuring stick now. He hasn't played to that standard in some time. 

I'll put it this way.

If Josh Allen played for the Patriots*, the sports media would be bowing down before him.

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, Mango said:

Neither has Gabe Davis

• Agree 1

Just now, Mark Vader said:

I'll put it this way.

If Josh Allen played for the Patriots*, the sports media would be bowing down before him.

We have been SB favorites for quite some time . The Buffalo Bills SB status and odds have been part of every nationally syndicated sports shows schedule for months. All of these talking head shows need conflict. Nick Wright has taken the role of the WWF heel for Bills fans and it plays off other talking heads. Skip Bayless loves the Cowboys and Brady, I don't think Shannon Sharp hates either. But somebody has to take the opposite side. I don't know what the expectation is, every show to unanimously anoint the Bills?

I find Nick Wright annoying, but I don't think he is far off here. QB play has not met the standard that JA17 set at the end of last regular/post season and early this season. I don't particularly care if he is fellating Josh and I don't get the sense that the Bills have not been given enough respect by sports journalism at scale.

• Agree 1

17 minutes ago, Mango said:

We have been SB favorites for quite some time . The Buffalo Bills SB status and odds have been part of every nationally syndicated sports shows schedule for months. All of these talking head shows need conflict. Nick Wright has taken the role of the WWF heel for Bills fans and it plays off other talking heads. Skip Bayless loves the Cowboys and Brady, I don't think Shannon Sharp hates either. But somebody has to take the opposite side. I don't know what the expectation is, every show to unanimously anoint the Bills?

I find Nick Wright annoying, but I don't think he is far off here. QB play has not met the standard that JA17 set at the end of last regular/post season and early this season. I don't particularly care if he is fellating Josh and I don't get the sense that the Bills have not been given enough respect by sports journalism at scale.

It's true that Josh Allen is not having the same year as he did as last year, and if that merits criticism, fine.

There are people out there who do give the Bills praise as a team too.

The thing is that when Allen makes a mistake it is highlighted and is pointed out every which way possible. Front page story.

Mahomes makes a mistake, and it's posted along with the liquor ads.

They don't have to gush over Allen and the Bills, just keep it even. They are not the only team and player that has made mistakes this year.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 3
  • Thank you (+1) 4

27 minutes ago, Mark Vader said:

It's true that Josh Allen is not having the same year as he did as last year, and if that merits criticism, fine.

There are people out there who do give the Bills praise as a team too.

The thing is that when Allen makes a mistake it is highlighted and is pointed out every which way possible. Front page story.

Mahomes makes a mistake, and it's posted along with the liquor ads.

They don't have to gush over Allen and the Bills, just keep it even. They are not the only team and player that has made mistakes this year.

Mahomes was criticized for some bad play recently when he threw a bunch of picks. 3 in one game I think

2 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Where’s the bias against Allen exactly? 

1 hour ago, AlfaBill said:

Where did you hear the narrative against Josh in that clip

It's more Nick Wright overall being a heel for clickbait. Basically, anything that is a threat to Chiefs dominance sets him off. The man has argued that Josh is an below average QB and that Tua/Herbert/Lawrence should be in the Pro bowl over Allen

10 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Nice idea but the Chiefs play the Wilsonettes ...

Best chance for the Broncos to upset the Chiefs this weekend was firing Hackett.  Now everyone on that roster is on alert.  One of two things will happen -- they'll be super motivated, or go completely in the tank.  No in-between.

Don't get me wrong, KC is still likely to win by double digits, but if you're looking for straws to grasp...

• Agree 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Nice idea but the Chiefs play the Wilsonettes ...

Mahomes tried to give the game away to the Broncos a few weeks ago when they played...they led 27-0 and then 3 INTs later KC was hanging on for dear life 34-28, including the last one giving the Broncos the ball back near midfield after the return late in the 4th with a chance to win the game...then Russ returned the favor and threw a pick back and they ran out the rest of the clock.

Edited by Big Turk
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Right ... Texans should have beaten the Chiefs which would have been crazier.

And the pats

4 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Mahomes tried to give the game away to the Broncos a few weeks ago when they played...they led 27-0 and then 3 INTs later KC was hanging on for dear life 34-28, including the last one giving the Broncos the ball back near midfield after the return late in the 4th with a chance to win the game...then Russ returned the favor and threw a pick back and they ran out the rest of the clock.

And Russ got KO’d and the broncos had to finish with Rypien .

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, NewEra said:

And the pats

And Russ got KO’d and the broncos had to finish with Rypien .

Oh that's right!  Russ actually looked pretty good in that game once they started coming back...they might have won that game if he was able to finish it...

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.