AFC Playoff Teams projections

TFBillsfan

16 hours ago, ChronicAndKnuckles said:

This season flew by so fast. Can’t believe there is only 4 reg season games left. I remember the opener against the Rams like it was yesterday. 

I remember when I was 9 years old.  A year seemed like an eternity.  Now a year seemingly passes by in a couple of weeks.  Time accelerates as you get older.  

At this rate, I'll be dead next Tuesday.

Tempus fugit, brother... Carpe diem!

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, BigPappy said:

KC has the easiest remaining schedule so unless someone REALLY surprises them, they will for sure finish their season 14-3. That Cincy game scares me for Buffalo, playing in Cincy. They are playing some really great well rounded football right now and if i am being honest and realistic, that game could go either way. If we lose that game, it will end up being us and KC in KC... AGAIN for the AFC Championship and I REALLY want that to be a home game for us. 

The hinge is the Cinci game.....Bills lose to Cinci...they are likely 3 seed and playoff scenario is play WC team at home then to go to SB its going to be AT Cinci...then AT KC. 

Win at Cinci in 3 weeks....Bye...WC at home...KC and Cinci play each other ...and Bills play winner at home in AFCCG

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, PatsFanNH said:

DVOA is a geek stat. They are not terrible on D the issue is they are out there to much. 

They are definitely terrible on defense ……3-10 with a defense ranked at the bottom and you’re tryna sell me on them being good based on the offense? I’ve watched Bears games for fantasy purposes…….that defense sucks!

57 minutes ago, Greg S said:

I could see the Jets pulling off the upset because of their defense. KC would score too much on the Fins and no way Tua as limited as he is wins a shootout with Mahomes

Have you watched KC’s defense this season? I could see Hill going off on them.

4 minutes ago, streetkings01 said:

They are definitely terrible on defense ……3-10 with a defense ranked at the bottom and you’re tryna sell me on them being good based on the offense? I’ve watched Bears games for fantasy purposes…….that defense sucks!

Have you watched KC’s defense this season? I could see Hill going off on them.

He needs a QB to get him the ball. No way Tua wins a shootout against Mahomes.

15 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Right 7 teams.

KC #1

BUF #2

BALT #3

TEN #4

CIN #5

LAC #6

MIA #7

MIA @ BUF

LAC @ BALT

CIN @ TEN

LAC @ KC

CIN @ BUF

BUF @ KC

I still think holding serve and securing the #1 seed is essential but have a bad feeling we lose to the Bengals who in turn I think lose to the Ravens again. If it played put this way it would mean a third trip to Arrowhead in 3 post seasons.

KC is looking pretty vulnerable to me…if we end up with the 2 seed there’s no guarantee we’d even end up seeing them assuming we make it to the AFC championship which is definitely not a sure thing.

they are 1-5 against the bills and bengals the last two years and it took a huge effort from the refs and an absolutely horrific backup qb performance to sneak by the titans this year who they lost to last year. They should really be 1-7 against the bills bengals and titans the last two seasons with that one win decided by a coin flip essentially 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Bears game could be a trap game for the Bills. Their D isn’t terrible and they can be sneaky good at times on O. But if the Bills play like they can they shouldn’t have an issue but they could be caught looking ahead to the Bengals 

Their defense is absolutely terrible. Look at their last 6 games lol. Just because the Patriots could only muster 14 points doesn't mean they are good. 

Edited by Process
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

KC is looking pretty vulnerable to me…if we end up with the 2 seed there’s no guarantee we’d even end up seeing them assuming we make it to the AFC championship which is definitely not a sure thing.

they are 1-5 against the bills and bengals the last two years and it took a huge effort from the refs and an absolutely horrific backup qb performance to sneak by the titans this year who they lost to last year. They should really be 1-7 against the bills bengals and titans the last two seasons. 

In a world where they are the #1 seed hosting LAC then the road to the Superbowl goes through KC. Let's imagine for a minute my seedings hold but Baltimore beats the Chargers. 

Then I'd have BALT @ BUF and CIN @ KC and I might then get to a CIN @ BUF AFCCG. Cos I do think Cincy are in KC's head. Conversely KC are in the Chargers' heads. 

2 hours ago, PatsFanNH said:

Bears game could be a trap game for the Bills. Their D isn’t terrible and they can be sneaky good at times on O. But if the Bills play like they can they shouldn’t have an issue but they could be caught looking ahead to the Bengals 

No way the Bills lose to the Bears. None. That is a great matchup for Buffalo. 

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

In a world where they are the #1 seed hosting LAC then the road to the Superbowl goes through KC. Let's imagine for a minute my seedings hold but Baltimore beats the Chargers. 

Then I'd have BALT @ BUF and CIN @ KC and I might then get to a CIN @ BUF AFCCG. Cos I do think Cincy are in KC's head. Conversely KC are in the Chargers' heads. 

No way the Bills lose to the Bears. None. That is a great matchup for Buffalo. 

If the chargers get healthy they could beat anybody…not too sure what’s goin on with their injury situation though they could still be banged up for the playoffs.  They had KC dead to rights in that first matchup until Herbert threw that pick six in the end zone.  

Yea idk why the bears are getting talked up, people are still assuming we have the 2021 bills rush defense I guess when we have drastically improved.   

I keep hearing we’re a bad team in bad weather on all the sports talk shows when we are top 10 in rushing offense and top 5 in rushing defense lol 

Edited by Generic_Bills_Fan

2 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

The team that scares me most is Cincy.  Strong defense and King Henry.  I think we can outscore KC, but King Henry is a bad man.  Go Bills 🏈🦬💥

I'm confused. Doesn't King Henry play for the Titans, a team that just got pummeled by the Jaguars?

• Like (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

they are 1-5 against the bills and bengals the last two years and it took a huge effort from the refs and an absolutely horrific backup qb performance to sneak by the titans this year who they lost to last year. They should really be 1-7 against the bills bengals and titans the last two seasons with that one win decided by a coin flip essentially 

Everybody said this in 2020 when they were 14-2 and barely beating teams down the stretch. Then they lose Mahomes in the divisional and also barely hang on against the Browns and all the experts picked the Bills in the AFCCG. We all know how that story ended in a game where the Bills were annihilated despite going up 10-0 early the game was essentially over by halftime.

Deep down I know a lot of Bills fans know that Mahomes will always haunt this franchise and will never admit it because of Allen still being a great QB himself. But at the end of the day still think the Chiefs look like a team just going through the motions until the playoffs when they will turn it on and cruise to another SB victory sadly and why it won't matter even if the Bills can get the #1 seed because they simply don't have that ability and Allen isn't Mahomes.

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

I remember when I was 9 years old.  A year seemed like an eternity.  Now a year seemingly passes by in a couple of weeks.  Time accelerates as you get older.  

At this rate, I'll be dead next Tuesday.

Tempus fugit, brother... Carpe diem!

Remember summers in elementary school?  Felt like they’d never end.  Now if something is 3 months away I feel like I’m behind on prepping.

Just now, FilthyBeast said:

Everybody said this in 2020 when they were 14-2 and barely beating teams down the stretch. Then they lose Mahomes in the divisional and also barely hang on against the Browns and all the experts picked the Bills in the AFCCG. We all know how that story ended in a game where the Bills were annihilated despite going up 10-0 early the game was essentially over by halftime.

Deep down I know a lot of Bills fans know that Mahomes will always haunt this franchise and will never admit it because of Allen still being a great QB himself. But at the end of the day still think the Chiefs look like a team just going through the motions until the playoffs when they will turn it on and cruise to another SB victory sadly and why it won't matter even if the Bills can get the #1 seed because they simply don't have that ability and Allen isn't Mahomes.

I don't really understand perverted psychologies, folks into kink, etc. Why someone would devote serious time to come to the message board of a team he or she or they dislikes in order to repeatedly troll them is beyond me, but it's certainly unsavory and a tired schtick.

12 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

@Simonwhy is he here? Seriously? Like at what point do we ban children who are clearly here to to spam and cry for attention?

3 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

I don't really understand perverted psychologies, folks into kink, etc. Why someone would devote serious time to come to the message board of a team he or she or they dislikes in order to repeatedly troll them is beyond me, but it's certainly unsavory and a tired schtick.

There’s trolling and then there’s the self flagellation of being too unable to handle losing and emotionally hedging so that you can at least say “See?  I was right.”  I don’t think we have many actual trolls here but a ton of the latter.

Just now, SageAgainstTheMachine said:

There’s trolling and then there’s the self flagellation of being too unable to handle losing and emotionally hedging so that you can at least say “See?  I was right.”  I don’t think we have many actual trolls here but a ton of the latter.

Well, I think this fella is a Dolphin's troll, but if the latter, this one is in a bad way.

3 minutes ago, Success said:

It's kind of wild that Cincy could "steal" the 1 seed - feels like they've been flying under the radar until the KC win.

That game is going to be humongous.

Have to root for Brady and the Bucs this week as they get CIN at home.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, Process said:

@Simonwhy is he here? Seriously? Like at what point do we ban children who are clearly here to to spam and cry for attention?

Honest question, do you yourself offer anything relevant to this forum other than crying to mods and personally attacking other posters?

I responded to another poster that thinks the chiefs aren't good despite going through the motions like they do every year despite winning and taking care of business before they turn it up a notch in the playoffs. Maybe eventually that catches up to them but the historical evidence says otherwise.

17 hours ago, chongli said:

All the pundits a few weeks ago were sayiing Baltimore was a lock for the division title with their easy schedule. Oh, how things have changed.

If the Seahawks finish with a better record than the NFC South champion and miss the playoffs, they are going to be pissed. Maybe it is time for eight playoff teams and no bye in each conference, like @Big Turk advocated for. Why should Tampa Bay, or whoever, with a losing record, be allowed in the playoffs? If they lost to New Orleans last week like they should have, they would be 5-8 and Carolina would be in first place in the division at 5-8, LOL.

man... the Saints truly cost us a chance for a stress free playoffs, although other NFC South teams would actually have to win games too!

I was playing around a bit with the playoff machine, and I had a couple of scenarios where both the Panthers and Falcons got in. Now THAT would blow everyone's' minds!

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Haha (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

You are such a clown

29 minutes ago, Greg S said:

Have to root for Brady and the Bucs this week as they get CIN at home.

Greg...I hope we beat them, but man...I mean we really need someone to come out of the blue and upend the Bengals.

Can you imagine the Bills, 13-4 tied for the most wins in regulars seasons history (albeit 17 games), winning a wild card game, then going to Cincy where in this scenario the Bills have already lost to them a few weeks previous, having to upset the Bengals just so they can go back to KC for the 4th straight time?

Ugh...please, Bills.  Please run the table. 

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

here's my "deep down" thought: Mahomes, as great as he is, underperforms in the biggest games (AFC Title and SB)

As great a run as he has had, including FOUR AFC Title games in a ROW at home, he has 1 ring, and it required just tossing Tua style prayers up in the 4th quarter until finally one was answered. If Jimmy G hits a wide open WR in the 4th quarter then SF wins that SB and Mahomes "can't win the big one" with an 0-2 record in the SB and a 2-2 record in conference title games with the table set for him as a heavy favorite. 

My OTHER "deep down" thing I predict/think is that Allen will end up winning more SBs than Mahomes, while Mahomes will accumulate stats, MVPs, awards, accolades. Allen will win ugly. 

Allen can play when things get dirty. Maybe he's at his best then. Mahomes not so much. 

I predict more appearances for Mahomes, more wins for Allen. 

Allen: 2-0 in the Super Bowl

Mahomes: 1-3 in the Super Bowl

That's my "deep down" feeling about Mahomes and Allen 

Edited by TheFunPolice
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Process said:

Their defense is absolutely terrible. Look at their last 6 games lol. Just because the Patriots could only muster 14 points doesn't mean they are good. 

If I judged defense by the remoteness of my Pats O every D be top 5. Lol  I stand by my point saying it could be a trap game between Miami and Cincy.. 

• Like (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

They very much do not look like they are ‘just going through the motions’ this season to me but to each their own.  they don’t have nearly the margin of error as chiefs teams in years past.  The bills and bengals played far from perfect games and beat them. 

It has nothing to do with being afraid of mahomes and having an inferiority complex lol mahomes is amazing but they lost an excellent receiver in the offseason and their defense has not been playing well.  Cincy is a more complete team and buffalo could be too assuming the offense returns to form 

15 minutes ago, TheFunPolice said:

here's my "deep down" thought: Mahomes, as great as he is, underperforms in the biggest games (AFC Title and SB)

As great a run as he has had, including FOUR AFC Title games in a ROW at home, he has 1 ring, and it required just tossing Tua style prayers up in the 4th quarter until finally one was answered. If Jimmy G hits a wide open WR in the 4th quarter then SF wins that SB and Mahomes "can't win the big one" with an 0-2 record in the SB and a 2-2 record in conference title games with the table set for him as a heavy favorite. 

My OTHER "deep down" thing I predict/think is that Allen will end up winning more SBs than Mahomes, while Mahomes will accumulate stats, MVPs, awards, accolades. Allen will win ugly. 

Allen can play when things get dirty. Maybe he's at his best then. Mahomes not so much. 

I predict more appearances for Mahomes, more wins for Allen. 

Allen: 2-0 in the Super Bowl

Mahomes: 1-3 in the Super Bowl

That's my "deep down" feeling about Mahomes and Allen 

I don't disagree with the comments about Mahomes in the SB, but the fact remains he did win one and performed big when it matter later in the game which has been his MO in his career. The only truly terrible game he ever played was the 2nd SB against Brady and the Bucs but that's what made Veach go out and completely remake the entire oline so that never happens again.

What I see with the Chiefs unfortunately is that 'inevitability' factor that we saw with Brady and the Pats so many years in terms of other teams pooping on themselves and crumbling and Mahomes always pulling games out they should lose. Brady was also not necessarily stellar early in his career from 2001 - 2004 despite winning 3 SB's. Mahomes has been far better early with the expectation he's not even close to his ceiling yet.

I hope you are right about Allen in the long run because the future is certainly not written but I've felt for sometime that these next few  years are pivotal in terms of the chiefs and mahomes either ascending to be the next Brady/Pats, or more of a Rogers/Packers type of situation. Allen and Bills can be the ones that go a long way in determining this fate.

5 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

They very much do not look like they are ‘just going through the motions’ this season to me but to each their own.  they don’t have nearly the margin of error as chiefs teams in years past.  The bills and bengals played far from perfect games and beat them. 

It has nothing to do with being afraid of mahomes and having an inferiority complex lol mahomes is amazing but they lost an excellent receiver in the offseason and their defense has not been playing well.  Cincy is a more complete team and buffalo could be too assuming the offense returns to form 

Like I said, if you look a the 2020 and 2022 Chiefs they are near identical in terms of how they are winning games for the most part (i.e. playing up or down to level of competition). Big difference is no more Tyreek Hill, but Mahomes is still putting up crazy numbers throwing to a bunch of average WR's and Kelce. And even when teams have effectively limited Kelce it's some other random guy stepping up every week for them like we saw over and over again with Brady and the Pats every year.

In a perfect world maybe this is finally the year the Chiefs are one and done in the playoffs regardless of where the finish but deep down I dread facing this team again in the playoffs especially without the key guy we signed to finally get over that hump which will just be another excuse probably should we lose to them for the 3rd straight year in postseason play.

6 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

I don't disagree with the comments about Mahomes in the SB, but the fact remains he did win one and performed big when it matter later in the game which has been his MO in his career. The only truly terrible game he ever played was the 2nd SB against Brady and the Bucs but that's what made Veach go out and completely remake the entire oline so that never happens again.

What I see with the Chiefs unfortunately is that 'inevitability' factor that we saw with Brady and the Pats so many years in terms of other teams pooping on themselves and crumbling and Mahomes always pulling games out they should lose. Brady was also not necessarily stellar early in his career from 2001 - 2004 despite winning 3 SB's. Mahomes has been far better early with the expectation he's not even close to his ceiling yet.

I hope you are right about Allen in the long run because the future is certainly not written but I've felt for sometime that these next few  years are pivotal in terms of the chiefs and mahomes either ascending to be the next Brady/Pats, or more of a Rogers/Packers type of situation. Allen and Bills can be the ones that go a long way in determining this fate.

I don't feel the same inevitability with the Chiefs as with NE. They have flaws on defense and their system (as great as it is) is prone to someone drawing up a great defensive game plan and forcing their defense to win/save games. 

Rings aside, which are as much a team accomplishment as an individual, I am one who still says Manning was a better QB than Brady. 

Brady had better defenses and an all-time great HC. Manning had soft defenses and aside from a few years with Dungy, mediocre to poor coaches. 

Patriots were the "unsexy team" who won dirty, dug deep into the playbook (and rule book), cheated when necessary, but would claw, scratch, bite or cheat their way to wins. Colts were the flashy "nobody can stop this team!" offense that once it hit bad weather and top defenses had issues, and couldn't rely on running the ball or playing defense. 

Most telling is when the Patriots and Brady became the super-charged Colts-like team, they lost TWICE to Eli Manning and the Giants. 

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

Like I said, if you look a the 2020 and 2022 Chiefs they are near identical in terms of how they are winning games for the most part (i.e. playing up or down to level of competition). Big difference is no more Tyreek Hill, but Mahomes is still putting up crazy numbers throwing to a bunch of average WR's and Kelce. And even when teams have effectively limited Kelce it's some other random guy stepping up every week for them like we saw over and over again with Brady and the Pats every year.

In a perfect world maybe this is finally the year the Chiefs are one and done in the playoffs regardless of where the finish but deep down I dread facing this team again in the playoffs especially without the key guy we signed to finally get over that hump which will just be another excuse probably should we lose to them for the 3rd straight year in postseason play.

Sci Fi Lol GIF by Hallmark Gold Crown

• Haha (+1) 3

19 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

Week 14 with four HUGE games remaining. If Bills beat MIA, they “should” do no worse than the 3 seed. If the Bills win out, they’ll finish 14-3 and everything goes thru Orchard Park with an extra week of rest.  Here are my predictions.

1. Buffalo     14-3    Wins against MIA, CHI, CIN and NE

2. KC.           14-3    Wins against Hou, SEA, DEN and LVR

3. CIN.          13-4    Wins against TB, NE and BALT, Lose to the Bills

4. TN.           9-8      Wins against HOU and Jax, Lose to LAC and DAL

5. Balt.         12-5     Wins against CLE, ATL and Pitt, lose to Cinncy

6. LAC.         11-6     Wins against TN, Indy, LVR and Den

7.  MIA.         10-7     Wins against GB and NE, lose to BUF and NYJ

Thoughts? Anyone seeing it different? Obviously ALOT can change but beating MIA puts the Bills in a good position.

Not bad. I do see KC losing at least one more game…. and I do think Miami is in trouble, I see Bills, Jets, & Pats beating them.

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

it’s becoming pretty illogical to assume the chiefs will just roll through the playoffs when they haven’t beaten the joe burrow bengals once…I just don’t know what else the bengals have to do at this point 😂 how you’re feeling about the chiefs is probably exactly how the chiefs fans are feeling about the bengals lol 

There’s quite a few afc teams that can go toe to toe with the chiefs now…it’s lookin like even the 7 seed won’t be a layup for anyone.

the Brady pats were buoyed by a similarly talented offensive line and a much better defense so I don’t think that really compares.  The offense did not have to be loaded with playmakers/at their best  for 60 minutes every week.   If the chiefs had a top 10 defense it would be a much different story but they do not have that at the moment 

4 minutes ago, Generic_Bills_Fan said:

it’s becoming pretty illogical to assume the chiefs will just roll through the playoffs when they haven’t beaten the joe burrow bengals once…I just don’t know what else the bengals have to do at this point 😂 how you’re feeling about the chiefs is probably exactly how the chiefs fans are feeling about the bengals lol 

While I agree with you on the Bengals I'm not sure I agree that goes much wider. If the Chiefs face the Bengals in the playoffs I think I'd pick the Bengals. Anyone else at Arrowhead I think the Chiefs are favourites. Maybe only just v the Bills. Strong faves vs everyone else. 

The Chiefs at home would beat the Chargers, Ravens or any of the other AFC East teams. 

The Bills can go in there and beat them... they would just have to show they can do it in January. The Bengals know they can. Kansas City would be too good for the rest.

23 minutes ago, Rico said:

Not bad. I do see KC losing at least one more game…. and I do think Miami is in trouble, I see Bills, Jets, & Pats beating them.

Who are KC losing to? 

23 minutes ago, Rico said:

KC has an easy schedule. I know upsets can happen, but I would be surprised if they don't run the table.

19 hours ago, TFBillsfan said:

Week 14 with four HUGE games remaining. If Bills beat MIA, they “should” do no worse than the 3 seed. If the Bills win out, they’ll finish 14-3 and everything goes thru Orchard Park with an extra week of rest.  Here are my predictions.

1. Buffalo     14-3    Wins against MIA, CHI, CIN and NE

2. KC.           14-3    Wins against Hou, SEA, DEN and LVR

3. CIN.          13-4    Wins against TB, NE and BALT, Lose to the Bills

4. TN.           9-8      Wins against HOU and Jax, Lose to LAC and DAL

5. Balt.         12-5     Wins against CLE, ATL and Pitt, lose to Cinncy

6. LAC.         11-6     Wins against TN, Indy, LVR and Den

7.  MIA.         10-7     Wins against GB and NE, lose to BUF and NYJ

Thoughts? Anyone seeing it different? Obviously ALOT can change but beating MIA puts the Bills in a good position.

Other than errors in your calculations…

cincinati must have a better record than Baltimore to win the division. Any tie goes to Baltimore for division.

based on your scenario you likely have ten st jax , both 8-8, in week 18 fir division title. Jacksonville can win this game. Jacksonville play dal,  jets, hou, and ten  to close season

jets have det jac, sea  Mia

based on your scenario…Mia- ne game in week 17 could be a de facto playoff game. If the jets go 2-1…and Mia goes 1-2 beating cheats then jets- Mia game could be for 2nd place and WC spot.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.