Week 15: Dolphins at Bills on Saturday Night Football

YoloinOhio

If Bates doesn’t practice today, I’m guessing that Boettger gets activated and starts on Saturday.

Last year, Boettger replaced Feliciano for 10 games who was in turn replaced by Bates for the remainder of the season.

Christian Wilkins can be a game wrecker & can play anywhere along the line though will likely occupy whoever mans RG.

He’s just too quick/disruptive for our sloggers.

Will probably need Knox/Gilliam to give help all night long.  If not, look for multiple ‘CUT(Offensive lineman)’ threads next week.

IMO, he’s the closest player to A Donald and already has 75 tackles (1st for DT) with 14 TFL.  

• Agree 1

2 minutes ago, hemma said:

If Bates doesn’t practice today, I’m guessing that Boettger gets activated and starts on Saturday.

Last year, Boettger replaced Feliciano for 10 games who was in turn replaced by Bates for the remainder of the season.

Christian Wilkins can be a game wrecker & can play anywhere along the line though will likely occupy whoever mans RG.

Will probably need Knox/Gilliam to give help all night long.  If not, look for multiple ‘CUT(Offensive lineman)’ threads next week.

IMO, he’s the closest player to A Donald and already has 75 tackles (1st for DT) with 14 TFL.  

We honestly need to be talking more about Bobby Hart. *

(* I absolutely and honestly can not stress enough that we do not need to talk about Bobby Hart)

• Haha (+1) 2

22 hours ago, Bigvinny said:

Cincinnati will be as big or bigger.

We need the bye and homefield. No more going to Arrowhead.

I want to be healthy first, bye second. We are getting healthy now, but I think we have a lot of guys playing banged up. 

I think a bye would be perfect for us to get everybody right. 

Edit: If the Bills win up through Cinci, and the Chiefs drop one game (most plausible, Seahawks?), Bills clinch homefield even if they lose to the Pats. That means 2 weeks of rest for Allen's arm. Giddyup. 

Edited by Mango

24 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Being inside an indoor practice facility wearing a shirt that says "I Wish It Were Colder" is about as "special" as you can get. But, if you've ever listened to the guy talk at any point, it's not really surprising. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, H2o said:

Being inside an indoor practice facility wearing a shirt that says "I Wish It Were Colder" is about as "special" as you can get. But, if you've ever listened to the guy talk at any point, it's not really surprising. 

I dislike him because he is the Dolphins coach. But he is a character. I think he is a pretty funny dude. 

26 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

certainly not wise for a HC to do that.  I hope we give them an abominable snowman beating 

Meh, the entire country is saying "It is Miami, they can't play in the snow or cold". This isn't Rex Ryan putting on a wig, or naming a guy who literally punched his teammate in the face captain. It is a t-shirt that basically says, "bring on the snow!" 

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Mango said:

I dislike him because he is the Dolphins coach. But he is a character. I think he is a pretty funny dude. 

Yeah, nah bro. I don't really dislike him because he's the Miami coach. I've listened to him talk on numerous occasions. He's very awkward, dry, and says some of the dumbest things I've heard come out of the mouth of a coach. It's like listening to the "slow" version of Ben Stein for me. 

• Haha (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Big Turk said:

The Bills average 4.55 yards on RB carries this season, tied for 11th best in the NFL.  

We need to see new things from Beas. 

The hooks and over the middle can't be out of the bag. Have him run a few new routes, run a hitch and go, a deep post, have him set up the short game early. Otherwise he will be easy to defend with a linebacker, big body just sitting in the flat to knock him and the ball around

Can't just expect him to sit and win the middle without a true threat elsewhere. This type of decoy could set up McKenzie or Davis though.

I am very curious to see our personnel package data come Sunday. 

33 minutes ago, hemma said:

Somebody better return the favor and blast Wilkens in the junk in the bottom of the pile. 

11 minutes ago, TheBrownBear said:

Trolling the Bills?  More like he's playin himself.

I wish it were colder? So he had the maintenance guys turn the air down to 68 inside the practice facility. Wait til this clown gets to Highmark Saturday night. He's gonna be calling for his momma to send him his blankie.

57 minutes ago, hemma said:

He had 4 tackles and no sacks in the last game... I'm sure we can control him. he has 2.5 sacks for the season, he's no A Donald.

• Like (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, H2o said:

Here's a terrible idea that no one should do... Definitely don't take up a collection to pay the hotel staff where the Fins are staying to turn off the heat, leave their windows open, and fill their beds with ice cubes between the sheets. Worst idea ever. 🤔

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Not having Bates this week will hurt. The Dolphins have a pretty formidable front four. Josh may be running for his life all game again. Would love to see a game plan executed like the one we had against the Rams in Week 1 this year. 

3 minutes ago, Roundybout said:

I expected Milano to be fine, and I'm glad to see Oliver and Gilliam are getting better. 

What do we do about Bates?

Bates backup is listed as Justin Murray. I think you could also see Bobby Hart or Ike Boettger (if activated) there, possibly Van Roten. They’ve had a specific role for Hart as a 6th OL/TE and not sure if they want to mess with that but he played G all of TC. 

• Like (+1) 5

Guess it would be Van Roten for Bates?

We have 3 solid/good OL in Dawkins, Morse and Bates.  

Now down to 2 for this game.  

Is it too much to ask for Brown to finally give us one consistent game and Saffold to not get rocked in pass pro?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, boyst said:

We need to see new things from Beas. 

The hooks and over the middle can't be out of the bag. Have him run a few new routes, run a hitch and go, a deep post, have him set up the short game early. Otherwise he will be easy to defend with a linebacker, big body just sitting in the flat to knock him and the ball around

Can't just expect him to sit and win the middle without a true threat elsewhere. This type of decoy could set up McKenzie or Davis though.

I am very curious to see our personnel package data come Sunday. 

We don’t need to see anything new from Bease. All we need is for him to get open in the middle 4-7 yards down the field, catch the ball and fall down. The beauty of Bease is that no linebacker is going to cover him and even if they know what’s coming they can’t stop it.  This will open things up for our other receivers.

Maybe down the road you might see a wrinkle for Bease but getting him up to speed now I think entails just having him do what he does best

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, RunTheBall said:

We don’t need to see anything new from Bease. All we need is for him to get open in the middle 4-7 yards down the field, catch the ball and fall down. The beauty of Bease is that no linebacker is going to cover him and even if they know what’s coming they can’t stop it.  This will open things up for our other receivers.

Maybe down the road you might see a wrinkle for Bease but getting him up to speed now I think entails just having him do what he does best

I hope he is uncoverable. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.