MNF - Wash @ Phil Game Thread

Simon

22 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

I think the idea is that if you allow penalties to be called upon review, on virtually every review a penalty will be spotted. It will never end.

Could you make an exception for a penalty that wasn't called that appears to have caused a fumble/dropped reception, etc? I suppose so, but it's still another replay can of worms they don't want to open.

Not every penalty has to be challenged. Just something plain as day like a face mask. I mean refs can see plain as day that it wasn't called on the jumbotron. It's a 15 yard perhaps game changing penalty

Just now, Ralonzo said:

Over was already locked in before the TD.

But someone with a zombie team in fantasy with Redskins D starting just knocked off someone who is actually trying but has most of their team on IR.

But I thought the rule was you always kept the game going till the conversion attempt was done. It's not like a walk-off HR...

Just now, 78thealltimegreat said:

Anyone honestly think this Eagles team could play with a focused Bills or Chiefs team? The answer is no 

I think they're a very solid team in all phases with a QB who's making a significant leap this year (although still far from elite). But yeah ... I wouldn't be afraid of them come the playoffs.

7 minutes ago, SoCal Deek said:

Stupid play by the eagles, obviously, but incredibly smart by the QB to take the knee instead of throwing it away. Have to hand it to him. Well done! 

Yep.  I cannot be the only Bills fan that appreciated Heinicke surrendering and taking a knee. and thinking Josh would’ve back pedaled there, thrown a desperation pass over the middle to have it picked off and Philly would have gone on to win.  The QB Taking a knee on 3rd and 7 actually worked out beautifully!

• Vomit 1

2 minutes ago, Bills!Win! said:

Is anyone else sick of the dolphins saying they were undesired? Sure they won the Super Bowl. The 18-0 patriots in my opinion were more impressive (as much as I hate to say it) because they played more games. Always bothers me 

the counter to that is the game was way nore violent therapy nutrition and sports medicine were not as advanced.  It could be 14 games of 70s football is way harder than 19 games of today’s football 

Just now, Aussie Joe said:

The NFL and Vegas have this thing where they want to punish the Bills fans.... it involves the bribery of the refs apparently.. read it right here on these boreds...

It's on the internet. They can't put it on the internet if it isn't true.

1 minute ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

the counter to that is the game was way nore violent therapy nutrition and sports medicine were not as advanced.  It could be 14 games of 70s football is way harder than 19 games of today’s football 

Isaac Newton disagrees.

8 minutes ago, The Frankish Reich said:

But I thought the rule was you always kept the game going till the conversion attempt was done. It's not like a walk-off HR...

NGL the thought went through my mind, but if the Skins decline to throw the ST out there, the refs can log it as a failed attempt.

Belichick, on the other hand, would have gone for 2.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, chongli said:

Having a lot of fun reading the Eagles board. They are having a complete meltdown. 15 pages in the last 10 minutes on their GDT! They want their DC Gannon fired. They are now predicting a 10-7 record. LMFAO.

And these felchers have already won a SB before...

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, chongli said:

Having a lot of fun on the Eagles board. They are having a complete meltdown. 15 pages in the last 10 minutes on their GDT! They want their DC Gannon fired. They are now predicting a 10-7 record. LMFAO.

Oh my! Imagine that. Do they also want to bench the QB, send him in for new glasses cause he throws picks?

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, chongli said:

Having a lot of fun reading the Eagles board. They are having a complete meltdown. 15 pages in the last 10 minutes on their GDT! They want their DC Gannon fired. They are now predicting a 10-7 record. LMFAO.

So they are us from overreaction past? 

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Wow...just wow:

https://www.eaglesmessageboard.com/topic/7670-gdt-washington-commanders-philadelphia-eagles-11-14-22-815-pm-est/?do=findComment&comment=1152583'\

"I will say it’s an absolute embarrassment how the NFL robbed the sole remaining undefeated team tonight.  As the last undefeated team we should be getting favorable calls not whatever the hell tonight was. Heinecke was baiting to get a flag and a flop. BG actually did well to lay off and not hit his head."

• Eyeroll 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I wonder if Eagles fans are making threads about their teams imminent collapse and the division at risk because they lost to an inferior division opponent.

"Giants are only one game behind us now, we may have given up the division and 1st seed guys"

Wait I forgot:

"Don't forget the Cowboys are only 2 games behind and itching to come back into it!"

Edited by What a Tuel
  • Haha (+1) 2

My favorite quote from their message board so far:

Honestly I wouldn't feel as awful about this one if it weren;t for the Heinecke penalty celebrarion

With that Heinecke went from 'guy on rival team who I actually kinda half-like' to 'I hope you see all your loved ones die'

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, What a Tuel said:

I wonder if Eagles fans are making threads about their teams imminent collapse and the division at risk because they lost to an inferior division opponent.

"Giants are only one game behind us now, we may have given up the division and 1st seed guys"

Wait I forgot:

"Don't forget the Cowboys are only 2 games behind and itching to come back into it!"

Thank goodness the Buffalo Bills have you here to police this sort of thing for them.

I'm sure they are very appreciative.

50 minutes ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

Anyone honestly think this Eagles team could play with a focused Bills or Chiefs team? The answer is no 

I notice how you feel the need to qualify the word "team."

Because you don't know which Bills team you're going to get.

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.