WR Ja'Marr Chase out 4-6 weeks with a hairline hip fracture & torn labrum - NOT going to IR

Big Turk

Joe Burrow's favorite target....Cincy could struggle offensively until he gets back.

That seeking answers part doesn't sound too promising...Bo Jackson was seeking answers about his hip injury at one time...

UPDATE: 

Edited by Big Turk
  • Sad 3
  • Shocked 1

• Big Turk changed the title to WR Ja'Marr Chase out 4-6 weeks with a hip injury - big blow to Bengals playoff chances
3 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This could happen any snap for the Bills. Bengals still have Boyd and Higgins. They’ll be ok.

Higgins has been injured a lot lately as well...those are nice WR's but it's a lot easier to cover Higgins and Boyd than it is Chase, Higgins and Boyd.

Edited by Big Turk

6 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Definitely. I agree. Plus Chase was their run after catch guy. It’s going to hurt them. They could make a trade for a WR. 

Hoping for a trade, of course I have Burrow who just started rolling...

Edited by snamsnoops

I hate injuries! Such a great player. I guess if a team has to lose a star like that, the bengals might be in the best place to replace him. Boyd would start on most teams. But chase is a different animal. 

I want to beat everyone at their best! (But a Super Bowl is a Super Bowl). 🥳

11 minutes ago, snamsnoops said:

Hoping for a trade, of course I have Burrow who just started rolling...

Yeah me too...

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I hate injuries! Such a great player. I guess if a team has to lose a star like that, the bengals might be in the best place to replace him. Boyd would start on most teams. But chase is a different animal. 

I want to beat everyone at their best! (But a Super Bowl is a Super Bowl). 🥳

Boyd does start realistically as they are normally in 3 WR formations and he is their slot receiver

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

21 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

This could happen any snap for the Bills. Bengals still have Boyd and Higgins. They’ll be ok.

This. Boyd was on his way to being somewhat forgotten until the last few weeks. Over the next month Cincy plays Carolina, Pittsburgh, Tennessee and Kansas City. Wish Chase would be there for that KC game...but the other 3 are still very winnable without him.

5 minutes ago, BuffaloBillyG said:

This. Boyd was on his way to being somewhat forgotten until the last few weeks. Over the next month Cincy plays Carolina, Pittsburgh, Tennessee and Kansas City. Wish Chase would be there for that KC game...but the other 3 are still very winnable without him.

Steeler game will be different if the MVP is playing. TJ Watt will be back within 3 weeks.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

Joe Burrow's favorite target....Cincy could struggle offensively until he gets back.

That seeking answers part doesn't sound too promising...Bo Jackson was seeking answers about his hip injury at one time...

I'm not up on all the subtleties of IR anymore. I'm assuming this is still a temporary version of IR?

1 minute ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Serves as a reminder to everyone shooting down every "we don't need ___" scenarios.  I don't care who we get nearly as much as I hope we do SOMETHING. This could happen to us in a week, and a trade is off the table. Meanwhile #2 and #3 teams are making moves to arm up

Load up the roster. Send out as many mid round picks as it takes. 

• Agree 1

18 minutes ago, BillsShredder83 said:

Serves as a reminder to everyone shooting down every "we don't need ___" scenarios.  I don't care who we get nearly as much as I hope we do SOMETHING. This could happen to us in a week, and a trade is off the table. Meanwhile #2 and #3 teams are making moves to arm up

We are getting an All-Pro CB back. That's a far bigger move than anyone else has made.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, Charles Romes said:

Hate to see anyone go down, especially great players.  Looks like he will be out when the Bengals play the Chiefs, in when the Bengals play the Bills.  

That sucks about the chef-bengal game. I was hoping for a good one and just don’t see the possibility now….

1 hour ago, RyanC883 said:

I have Chase on my fantasy team.  WTF.  

How did this happen.  Practice?  

He was running a route and it looked like he either took a wrong step or something just "went". Non contact.

Video of the injury below

https://youtu.be/SMgHWeny_mU

Edited by Big Turk
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DallasMac said:

Just lost Hall and now Chase.  Teams gonna be struggling.

Same boat as you but throw in a Mike Williams out for 4+ weeks as well. Oh and I already lost Javonte Williams. That league might be shot at this point. 

18 minutes ago, Philo said:

Same boat as you but throw in a Mike Williams out for 4+ weeks as well. Oh and I already lost Javonte Williams. That league might be shot at this point. 

Javonte def hurts.  Penny is my other big loss.  Luckily still have Chubb or my rb situation would be dire.

1 minute ago, DallasMac said:

Javonte def hurts.  Penny is my other big loss.  Luckily still have Chubb or my rb situation would be dire.

For sure, Chubb helps a ton. I picked up Gus Edwards and still have James Robinson, so I'm hoping he gets a good split with Carter.

Glad Chase should be back at some point though. Not just for fantasy reasons, he is a fun player to watch.

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.