Pass rusher Josh Allen getting trade interest

Buffalo_Stampede

55 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

His best year was his rookie year. Toss in we don't need help on the D-line, we need it on the O-line specifically right OT. 

This offseason the top 2 positions to fix were D-Line and RB (maybe O-Line as well)

We added Miller on the outside, but that's really it.  We run Basham, Epenesa, Rousseau, Lawson on a rotation along with Miller on the edge.

You bring Allen in?  I think he is an upgrade on everyone but Miller.  A motivated Allen on this team?  

If you could trade a mid round pick for him, it immediately adds an impact player

5 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

You have already traded all our picks for the next 3 years… twice 

Im a wheeler and dealer!!! I’d make a great GM one day 🎰 

12 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Would anyone offer Oliver + 4th?  Could be interesting.   Brandin Bryant can fill Ed's spot now, then draft a DT in April 

Do not touch Ed Oliver!!! We need to lock him up on a long deal and not trade him. 

• Agree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

My biggest concern with him is he hasn't lived up to the hype the last 3 years. He has 13 sacks the last 3 years for a whopping 4.3 per year. Granted different situation here in Buffalo than in Jacksonville. Maybe a new environment will help but giving up a 2nd for him I'm not so sure about. 

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

My biggest concern with him is he hasn't lived up to the hype the last 3 years. He has 13 sacks the last 3 years for a whopping 4.3 per year. Granted different situation here in Buffalo than in Jacksonville. Maybe a new environment will help but giving up a 2nd for him I'm not so sure about. 

Um he has 23.5 sacks 

4 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

If he is genuinely for sale then some team is going to give up a 2nd and more…

It won’t be the Bills though..

6 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Um he has 23.5 sacks 

Yea in 4 years so far he has 23.5. 10.5 as a rookie and he has regressed since then partially due to injury but 13 sacks in the last 3 years isn't impressive. Obviously this season isn't over but he only has 3 sacks so far this season so he's on pace for 7. Not exactly marquee numbers to give up a 2nd rounder for. So at the pace he's going in the last 3 full season he'll have a total of 17 sacks in 3 years or an average of a little over 6 sacks a season. 

6 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Yea in 4 years so far he has 23.5. 10.5 as a rookie and he has regressed since then partially due to injury but 13 sacks in the last 3 years isn't impressive. Obviously this season isn't over but he only has 3 sacks so far this season so he's on pace for 7. Not exactly marquee numbers to give up a 2nd rounder for. So at the pace he's going in the last 3 full season he'll have a total of 17 sacks in 3 years or an average of a little over 6 sacks a season. 

We have seen first hand what a 2nd gets you  …  Epenesa and Boogie… 

So if you had a real need at the position  ( the Bills don’t) where would you be better off investing that pick ?

4 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

We have seen first hand what a 2nd gets you  …  Epenesa and Boogie… 

So if you had a real need at the position  ( the Bills don’t) where would you be better off investing that pick ?

Well Epenesa is on pace for 7 sacks this season so about the same as Allen. 

We can't afford another pass rusher coming up on his contract year. DL is the last thing we need right now. This is only fun to think about for the name.

If any team trades for him I'd bet on the Seahawks. They're suddenly an NFC contender and desperately need help for their pass rush.

Just now, gonzo1105 said:

Well Epenesa is on pace for 7 sacks this season so about the same as Allen. 

I’m sure they both get the same (lack of) attention from the opposition… it’s not like teams playing the Bills need worry about anyone else on the D line 

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

We can't afford another pass rusher coming up on his contract year. DL is the last thing we need right now. This is only fun to think about for the name.

If any team trades for him I'd bet on the Seahawks. They're suddenly an NFC contender and desperately need help for their pass rush.

I was thinking Seahawks as well… they still have picks left from the Wilson trade 

I would love to have him, but we are pretty tight against the cap.  I like the idea of Epenesa or Boogie plus a third or fourth if Beane thinks he has space and wants him.  But my instinct . . . stand pat.  I would rather have him than OBJ, no one can stop our offense now.  Develop Shakir and Hodgins is the play IMHO.  

6 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Plus I hear they were interested in drafting Josh Allen which pissed Russ off.

2 minutes ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

I would love to have him, but we are pretty tight against the cap.  I like the idea of Epenesa or Boogie plus a third or fourth if Beane thinks he has space and wants him.  But my instinct . . . stand pat.  I would rather have him than OBJ, no one can stop our offense now.  Develop Shakir and Hodgins is the play IMHO.  

The bills have scored under 25 points in 3 of their 6 games, and we are a gimpy Davis away from our weapons being completely unremarkable as a group, and he's gimpy fairly often. 

Our offense is great but adding to it is never a bad idea 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, arcane said:

The bills have scored under 25 points in 3 of their 6 games, and we are a gimpy Davis away from our weapons being completely unremarkable as a group, and he's gimpy fairly often. 

Our offense is great but adding to it is never a bad idea 

Is OBJ going to be considered “gimpy” as well?…

hey… I hope he catches the winning TD in the SB … but there has got to be some doubts about him this season 

1 hour ago, gonzo1105 said:

Under?

2 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

His best year was his rookie year. Toss in we don't need help on the D-line, we need it on the O-line specifically right OT. 

That's a awful short lived career for Brown i thought he was doing pretty good and seeing as it's only his second year one would think he has a chance for improvement .

1 hour ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

If I have a choice between him or OBJ for this year and next, I'm taking OBJ. Our offense would be so unstoppable. I think we'd have a legit shot at going undefeated next year.

If they were to get OBJ who would you sit to allow him a roster spot ? I feel our WR room is one of the strongest spots on the team the RB room is the one that needs help & according to others here the O line apparently sucks .

1 hour ago, Aussie Joe said:

Is OBJ going to be considered “gimpy” as well?…

hey… I hope he catches the winning TD in the SB … but there has got to be some doubts about him this season 

Perhaps, i was only referring to the part of your post where you said the bills offense is unstoppable. In ideal conditions it might be, but there is no reason to expect ideal conditions for the rest of the season 

8 minutes ago, T master said:

That's a awful short lived career for Brown i thought he was doing pretty good and seeing as it's only his second year one would think he has a chance for improvement .

If they were to get OBJ who would you sit to allow him a roster spot ? I feel our WR room is one of the strongest spots on the team the RB room is the one that needs help & according to others here the O line apparently sucks .

We have the best QB in the league, give me weapons at WR. Not trying to be a jerk, but why would you want a RB? We don't hand the ball off to our RBs much.

This isn't just about this year either. Since 2020 the Bills RBs have averaged 17.75 carries per game(I'm assuming the lowest in the league?). And it's a RB by committee philosophy here. So you're going to trade for a RB, that might get 10 carries a game. Even at a hefty 5.0 ypc, that only translates into 50 yards a game and you're taking the ball out of the hands of the best player on the planet at the same time.

I think adding OBJ would help our current RBs by facing even lighter boxes. I've also heard a few people in the last week saying Singletary will probably be re-signing in the off-season on a team friendly deal and that he will continue to be the featured back.

We've already seen a few times that pays to be on Josh's good side and as Singletary put it, Josh came up to me as we were getting to our cars he stopped hugged me and said I love you more than you'll ever know. Personally, I think it's already a done deal.

5 minutes ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

We have the best QB in the league, give me weapons at WR. Not trying to be a jerk, but why would you want a RB? We don't hand the ball off to our RBs much.

This isn't just about this year either. Since 2020 the Bills RBs have averaged 17.75 carries per game(I'm assuming the lowest in the league?). And it's a RB by committee philosophy here. So you're going to trade for a RB, that might get 10 carries a game. Even at a hefty 5.0 ypc, that only translates into 50 yards a game and you're taking the ball out of the hands of the best player on the planet at the same time.

I think adding OBJ would help our current RBs by facing even lighter boxes. I've also heard a few people in the last week saying Singletary will probably be re-signing in the off-season on a team friendly deal and that he will continue to be the featured back.

We've already seen a few times that pays to be on Josh's good side and as Singletary put it, Josh came up to me as we were getting to our cars he stopped hugged me and said I love you more than you'll ever know. Personally, I think it's already a done deal.

Oh i get it it's all about the passing game here but instead of having Moss which his average is like 3 ypc you wouldn't rather have say a Arron jones that is averaging 6.8 ypc or a Khalil Herbert that is averaging 6.1 ypc & you did see what happened 2 weeks ago when the running game was working pretty well correct ?

If you have a better running game it helps to keep the opponents D honest they can't just focus on the pass our WR room has plenty of weapons unless there is a rash of injuries i would put our receivers up against any other teams in the league but our run different story & we will need a better run game in th play offs .

We beat the Chiefs they have a ton of talent in their WR room but our run game helped immensely in that defeat & when they included our FB along with motor as a threat it worked better & helped set up the pass i would just like to see a better RB in the place of Moss him being inactive didn't hurt it more helped .

Now if Cook can be what they thought he was going to then never mind but as it is now IMHO our WR room is one of the strongest on the team & in the league .

But there again who would you sit ??

If you get OBJ, you won't have a need to keep defenses honest. I also think it's time to take the training wheels off Cook and let get 10-12 carries in a few games and let's see what he can really do. I think by the time the playoffs roll around, he's going to be a different player than what he's shown through his first 6 games.

As far as the KC game went. Yes, we has some 1st half success running the ball, but on our 3 td drives combined our RBs had 4 carries for 6 yards. I don't believe they have a bunch of talent in their WR room. A bunch of #2 & #3 WRs. I think Diggs & Davis by themselves are more talented than their whole room.

Also I don't think we have a RB problem and here's why I say that. Singletary is averaging 4.5 ypc, Cook 5.1 & Moss is averaging 5.4. It's not that they can't be successful, they're averaging a combined 4.77 ypc. I think it's a combination of 2 things, our OL is really bad at run blocking, but really good at all pass blocking, and we choose to not stick with the run, even when it's working. Both, I believe are a choice by the GM & coaches.

As far as who I would sit? Hodgins. When Kumerow comes back that won't be an option so then I'd sit Moss.

5 hours ago, Cray51 said:

This offseason the top 2 positions to fix were D-Line and RB (maybe O-Line as well)

We added Miller on the outside, but that's really it.  We run Basham, Epenesa, Rousseau, Lawson on a rotation along with Miller on the edge.

You bring Allen in?  I think he is an upgrade on everyone but Miller.  A motivated Allen on this team?  

If you could trade a mid round pick for him, it immediately adds an impact player

IT is not a fire sale..they ain't giving him up for a mid-round pick...An injured Mcaffrey got 3 day-2 picks...

2 hours ago, LOVEMESOMEBILLS said:

If you get OBJ, you won't have a need to keep defenses honest. I also think it's time to take the training wheels off Cook and let get 10-12 carries in a few games and let's see what he can really do. I think by the time the playoffs roll around, he's going to be a different player than what he's shown through his first 6 games.

As far as the KC game went. Yes, we has some 1st half success running the ball, but on our 3 td drives combined our RBs had 4 carries for 6 yards. I don't believe they have a bunch of talent in their WR room. A bunch of #2 & #3 WRs. I think Diggs & Davis by themselves are more talented than their whole room.

Also I don't think we have a RB problem and here's why I say that. Singletary is averaging 4.5 ypc, Cook 5.1 & Moss is averaging 5.4. It's not that they can't be successful, they're averaging a combined 4.77 ypc. I think it's a combination of 2 things, our OL is really bad at run blocking, but really good at all pass blocking, and we choose to not stick with the run, even when it's working. Both, I believe are a choice by the GM & coaches.

As far as who I would sit? Hodgins. When Kumerow comes back that won't be an option so then I'd sit Moss.

Also, Singletary has 22 catches for 167 yards....Many of these catches are replacement running plays to clear space.  

• Agree 1

13 minutes ago, ganesh said:

IT is not a fire sale..they ain't giving him up for a mid-round pick...An injured Mcaffrey got 3 day-2 picks...

Also, Singletary has 22 catches for 167 yards....Many of these catches are replacement running plays to clear space.  

Yes. The offense, in many ways mirrors the Pats*** offense when Brady was there. In that the they usebbubble screens and short, quick passes as part of their running game.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.