If Allen stays healthy, will Bills win 11 in a row?

Giuseppe Tognarelli

3 minutes ago, Big Turk said:

We are 2nd in the NFL in points scored and 1st in the NFL(tied) for least points allowed. Once again leading the NFL in net points by a large margin, almost double the next closest team.

#1 in yards on offense by a large margin, #2 on yards on defense(thanks to soft coverage)

Context over the course of the season compared to every other team in the NFL matters too.

We haven't even played a top 15 defense yet, we will against KC. The closest was the Dolphins. I still think we're good, just think we should pump the brakes on running the table talk after KC. You should use more range in your context. 

4 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

We haven't even played a top 15 defense yet, we will against KC. The closest was the Dolphins. I still think we're good, just think we should pump the brakes on running the table talk after KC. You should use more range in your context. 

Part of the reason why we haven't is because they have played us.

But I know...other teams always have played the top ranked D in the NFL every week, they never play teams with any injuries, and their D has played the top ranked O every week right?

The Bills have a 3 year run of greatness that has been on par with some of the greatest team runs in NFL history...all they are missing is a SB now.

3 years long enough for you?

Edited by Big Turk

2 minutes ago, extrahammer said:

That's your opinion. The reality is 3 of the defenses we've won against rank in the bottom 5. The toughest we will have faced will be against KC. What's your score prediction btw? 

If the Bills have Poyer and Edmunds back, I like our chances.  Bills 31 Chiefs 27

If they don't, I think the Chiefs may have the edge at home.  Chiefs 34 Bills 31  

However, I could easily see the score similar to last year as well where the Bills won 38-20...Bills can be that good.  I don't see a game where the Chiefs win by more than one score.

Edited by Big Turk

5 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

This team does not seem likely to lay an egg. Not with the "Don't Blink" mentality and new killer instinct.

The Miami game is going to be seen more and more for the fluke that it was -- crazy events converging.

After KC, the Bills will be heavy favorites in every game. If Allen stays healthy, when do they lose? Are we about to watch an 11-game winning streak (13 if we beat KC)?

15-2 or 16-1 is just sitting there for this team.

vs. Packers (SNF after the bye)

@ Jets

vs. Vikings

vs. Browns

@ Lions (Thanksgiving)

@ Patriots (TNF)

vs. Jets

vs. Dolphins

@ Bears

@ Bengals (MNF) -- maybe the toughest game, but I think it's a great matchup and we have primetime Josh

vs. Patriots -- Josh could rest if #1 seed locked up

If ANY of these games were this week, everyone would be picking the Bills. That's not likely to change as long as Allen stays healthy.

It's a long season.  

• Agree 1

53 minutes ago, Tanoros said:

I don’t consider the Miami loss as laying an egg. Laying an egg is how we lost to JAX last year. The Miami loss is as good of a loss as can be possible. If not for the heat exhaustion, Josh hits McKenzie for a td and we win. 

How do you explain almost losing to Baltimore then?  My point is that we are likely to come up against some other challenge in the last 11 games of the season and lose.  Are you thinking we win out after Green Bay?   

22 minutes ago, strive_for_five_guy said:

How do you explain almost losing to Baltimore then?  My point is that we are likely to come up against some other challenge in the last 11 games of the season and lose.  Are you thinking we win out after Green Bay?   

Any Given Sunday and all that. It’s hard to expect any team to go on a 10+ game run. We definitely will come up against some other challenges, I just didn’t consider the Miami loss as laying an egg, that’s a total over exaggeration.

Even though Baltimore was a challenge, we overcome two big time early turnovers that cost points, and we shut them out the second half. Good teams overcome struggles, and we did. Not every game is going to be perfect, especially against good teams, and Baltimore is a good team. 

6 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

This team does not seem likely to lay an egg. Not with the "Don't Blink" mentality and new killer instinct.

The Miami game is going to be seen more and more for the fluke that it was -- crazy events converging.

After KC, the Bills will be heavy favorites in every game. If Allen stays healthy, when do they lose? Are we about to watch an 11-game winning streak (13 if we beat KC)?

@ Jets

vs. Vikings

vs. Browns

@ Lions (Thanksgiving)

@ Patriots (TNF)

vs. Jets

vs. Dolphins

@ Bears

@ Bengals (MNF) -- maybe the toughest game, but I think it's a great matchup and we have primetime Josh

If ANY of these games were this week, everyone would be picking the Bills. That's not likely to change as long as Allen stays healthy.

I think this schedule is not as easy as you may think it is.

Packers and Rodgers can lite it up any time

Vikings are playing solid football

6 hours ago, bmur66 said:

I vote to delete this thread

good think your not a mod. I highly doubt they go undefeated after KC but its a fun conversation to have. "Lighten up Francis" "Stripes"

The first 7 games on the schedule looked challenging. I still expect 1 more loss ,either to KC or GB, to be at 5-2. My preference is for the Bills to beat KC for the playoff implications. I want home field advantage!

After that,pray for the injuries to stop and  Beane to work some trade magic.

2 hours ago, Big Turk said:

3 years long enough for you?

Says the guy who thinks Zach Moss deserves more carries after 3 years. 🙄

Let's take it one week at a time like the coaches preach and pump the brakes. 3 of our wins have come from defenses ranked in the bottom five. Our first real test is this upcoming week against KC. 

It's amazing how quickly our fanbase has deteriorated into creating threads of this type.

And we all thought the fans up in New England were jaded/spoiled.

Who cares if we go 11-0?  

I care about one statistic ONLY---winning a SB before I die.

One is enough.

After that, who cares.

39 minutes ago, Herb Nightly said:

The first 7 games on the schedule looked challenging. I still expect 1 more loss ,either to KC or GB, to be at 5-2. My preference is for the Bills to beat KC for the playoff implications. I want home field advantage!

After that,pray for the injuries to stop and  Beane to work some trade magic.

I would be shocked if they lose to GB at home after the bye.  GB is just so....average at best.

• Agree 1

4 hours ago, Logic said:

I don't think they win 11 in a row, but I think they go on an 8 or 9 game winning streak and ultimately wind up 13-4.

Whether or not 13-4 is good enough for the one seed may depend upon whether or not the Bills beat the Chiefs next Sunday.

I feel like 9-3 the rest of the way sounds pretty disappointing given the schedule. That's a lower win percentage than they've had in the toughest part of their schedule.

9 hours ago, Giuseppe Tognarelli said:

@ Jets

vs. Vikings

vs. Browns

@ Lions (Thanksgiving)

@ Patriots (TNF)

vs. Jets

vs. Dolphins

@ Bears

KC is the only other game I see this team losing as of right now.

So after next week it's very possible they come out of the bye week and go on a tear. But deep down I'd be lying if I still don't fear McD's coaching costing them a game or two that they should win the rest of the year and also why the #1 seed probably doesn't happen similar to last year after a big win in KC and everyone thought they'd breeze through the rest of the schedule.

2 minutes ago, FilthyBeast said:

So after next week it's very possible they come out of the bye week and go on a tear. But deep down I'd be lying if I still don't fear McD's coaching costing them a game or two that they should win the rest of the year and also why the #1 seed probably doesn't happen similar to last year after a big win in KC and everyone thought they'd breeze through the rest of the schedule.

Hopefully some lessons learned from last year.

21 hours ago, FilthyBeast said:

Yes, but what about the 1, 2, or 3 games, that happen every year, that none of us ever see coming?

Did you have the Fish game marked down as a loss?

• Thank you (+1) 1

After this week, if we win this game, not only will we be favored in every remaining game, but we will likely be favored by 7+ each game.  Bills have scored the most points in the NFL while allowing the least points in the NFL.  And that is with missing Hyde, Poyer, Tre, Edmunds, Oliver, Phillips, half our OL, Davis, McKenzie, and Knox for one to multiple games.  That is also with Josh Allen and the starters sitting for 2 and a half quarters of football during 3 blow out wins.  

We 100% can run the table.  Will we...who knows, its the NFL, I mean we already saw the Colts beat the Chiefs 2 weeks ago.  We lost to the Jags last year.  Bengals lost to the Jets last year before heading to the SB.  

Personally, I think we will run the table after the Chiefs game.  This team is playing with a different edge this year, like they are still pissed off about the 13 seconds and don't want to even risk games coming down to the wire if they can help it.  

Bills have still not allowed a single point in the 3rd quarter this year, showing how well they are adjusting at halftime too.  This team feels like a team of destiny right now and I don't see them letting their guard down during the season.  

I also believe we will win the Chiefs game by 3 scores.  

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Yes, but what about the 1, 2, or 3 games, that happen every year, that none of us ever see coming?

Did you have the Fish game marked down as a loss?

I mean he is saying if we stay healthy.  By the end of the Fins game we were down our entire secondary (Hyde, Poyer, Tre, Dane) and one of the starting backup CB's (Benford), Oliver, Phillips, Knox, McKenzie, and 5 offensive lineman.  That is 14 players, 12 of which are starters.  And playing in extreme heat in the sun with no shade.  Losing guys to the sidelines like Diggs regulalry for cramps and heat exhaustion down the stretch too.

While our offense took 93 snaps compared to their 39 meaning no rest in the 4th for the only 5 remaining OL we had while their defense could still rotate guys in and out while sitting in the shade on the sidelines too.  

And still we dominated that game fully.  But we lost because of either a missed opportunity for a FG at end of half...rare Bass missed FG...or a missed opportunity at end of game for FG...any one of those works out we still win this game.  

It was a very extreme situation...and the poster is talking if we don't have another perfect storm of severe injuries such as that.  

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

They won’t be favoured to win 11 in a row though… would probably be 3/1

I said in every game remaining, we will be the betting favorite heading into the game.  There is not a game on our schedule we will be an underdog on after this with a healthy Josh Allen.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

After this week, if we win this game, not only will we be favored in every remaining game, but we will likely be favored by 7+ each game.  Bills have scored the most points in the NFL while allowing the least points in the NFL.  And that is with missing Hyde, Poyer, Tre, Edmunds, Oliver, Phillips, half our OL, Davis, McKenzie, and Knox for one to multiple games.  That is also with Josh Allen and the starters sitting for 2 and a half quarters of football during 3 blow out wins.  

We 100% can run the table.  Will we...who knows, its the NFL, I mean we already saw the Colts beat the Chiefs 2 weeks ago.  We lost to the Jags last year.  Bengals lost to the Jets last year before heading to the SB.  

Personally, I think we will run the table after the Chiefs game.  This team is playing with a different edge this year, like they are still pissed off about the 13 seconds and don't want to even risk games coming down to the wire if they can help it.  

Bills have still not allowed a single point in the 3rd quarter this year, showing how well they are adjusting at halftime too.  This team feels like a team of destiny right now and I don't see them letting their guard down during the season.  

I don't think many realize that we have a historic team on our hands this season.  Not just a good team, not just a great team, but a historic team.  Look at the metrics.  The Bills are on pace to shatter records right now...Net Yards/Drive, Fewest Punts/Game, close to Net Point Differential, etc etc etc...

People need to stop trying to say they aren't that good.  They actually ARE that good and might even be better than what those metrics say once they get fully healthy(or as close to it as they can be this year missing Hyde)

Edited by Big Turk
  • Agree 1

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I said in every game remaining, we will be the betting favorite heading into the game.  There is not a game on our schedule we will be an underdog on after this with a healthy Josh Allen

I know…. And I said they would not be favoured to win 11 in a row which is the thread topic…

Realistically it would be a 20-25% chance in my book…

Being favourite in every remaining game and winning 11 in a row are two seperate things…

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Aussie Joe said:

I know…. And I said they would not be favoured to win 11 in a row which is the thread topic…

Realistically it would be a 20-25% chance in my book…

Being favourite in every remaining game and winning 11 in a row are two seperate things…

All good was just clarifying as I thought you misread my post to say we would be favored to win 11 in a row versus me really saying we would be the betting favorite in all 11 games.  

2 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

All good was just clarifying as I thought you misread my post to say we would be favored to win 11 in a row versus me really saying we would be the betting favorite in all 11 games.  

Ok cool… I did think you were implying that so thanks for clarifying 

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Another fact is that we have played ONLY TWO of the first 6 at home (when the Chiefs game is done)....6 of the remaining 11 games will be at home.

• Thank you (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.