Jordan Poyer on Pat McAfee Show

YoloinOhio

6 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yeah everyone says that too---yet few if any have offered some other data based counter to PFF's analyses.  

That "few" you reference constitutes at least one in every PFF thread. Their grades get discredited often. Their data is fine, but the grading requires someone who knows football to analyse and apply that data.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

The way he talked about being in their window right now made me think he's coming back

Not sure he'll have the option.

It's likely that Poyer's best path forward (money-wise) will be to win the SB this year, and cash in on that resume highlight in Free Agency.

Even if he "earns" a $15M/year deal, I don't think Beane is willing to pay that much, at that position, at his age. And we know he (Rachel) wants to chase that money.

I love Jordan. INT apart I didn't actually think he played his best game on Thursday night but I was so delighted he got all pro honours last year. Recognition nationally for this man has been long overdue. I genuinely remember having to defend him after I think his second season here (which in fairness might have been his weakest in a Bills jersey but was by no means bad) in a debate with a poster who wanted to sign Landon Collins as a free agent to replace him. For those keeping count that is Landon Collins who was cut by the Commanders in March and has been out of the league since. 

13 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I love Jordan. INT apart I didn't actually think he played his best game on Thursday night but I was so delighted he got all pro honours last year. Recognition nationally for this man has been long overdue. I genuinely remember having to defend him after I think his second season here (which in fairness might have been his weakest in a Bills jersey but was by no means bad) in a debate with a poster who wanted to sign Landon Collins as a free agent to replace him. For those keeping count that is Landon Collins who was cut by the Commanders in March and has been out of the league since. 

Do you think he and Hyde had to overcompensate for the inexperienced corners, which in turn affects their play?

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Do you think he and Hyde had to overcompensate for the inexperienced corners, which in turn affects their play?

Maybe. Just think he was probably a bit rusty. He missed most of camp let's not forget and didn't even get the "feet wet" couple of drives in pre-season. So I don't have any longer term worries. He just seemed half a second slower than normal reacting to things to me. What I will say is I'm not sure he and Micah enjoy those heavy 2 deep shell games as much as they like games where we play a lot of single high and Poyer is down in the box more. I think they feel a bit more "in the game" in those matchups. Just my guess but I'd be fascinated to ask them that question privately.

• Like (+1) 1

20 hours ago, Warcodered said:

https://www.kaizen.com/what-is-kaizen

"KAIZEN™ means improvement. Moreover, it means continuing improvement in personal life, home life, social life, and working life. When applied to the workplace KAIZEN™ means continuing improvement involving everyone – managers and workers alike." 

Good place to discuss with some beers.

http://www.kaizen-tavern.com

3 hours ago, LeGOATski said:

That "few" you reference constitutes at least one in every PFF thread. Their grades get discredited often. Their data is fine, but the grading requires someone who knows football to analyse and apply that data.

so you are saying that each such thread has a post by someone here who, knows football and analyzing the same data, describes how they graded the player differently. Interesting.  Most responses are variations of : “yeah, but…PFF” and “it doesn’t pass ‘the eye test’”

1 hour ago, Mr. WEO said:

so you are saying that each such thread has a post by someone here who, knows football and analyzing the same data, describes how they graded the player differently. Interesting.  Most responses are variations of : “yeah, but…PFF” and “it doesn’t pass ‘the eye test’”

They contain links to actual analysis by football experts and people more familiar with the situations on the field. That's not PFF or most people here.

21 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

They contain links to actual analysis by football experts and people more familiar with the situations on the field. That's not PFF or most people here.

Is there one for Poyer's performance that counters the PFF analysis?  Maybe I missed the link

9 hours ago, HereComesTheReignAgain said:

McAfee is the most entertaining interviewer in the game.  Completely down to earth and fun.  He is the anti Tony Dungy.

Tony Dungy says nothing that is not predictable, trite, and has not been heard before.

You could write a script for him of likely answers/comments before a segment and it would be about the same as what he actually says.

I have no idea how he keeps his job at NBC.

I enjoyed the Poyer interview!

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

The way he talked about being in their window right now made me think he's coming back

Interesting. I actually thought the opposite. The way he talked about "we have been building this thing since 2017" made me very much think in his head it kinda comes a crescendo this year and then it might be pastures new. But who knows? I think it remains a possibility that he is back. But he will HAVE to take a hometown discount. I don't think Beane is going to budge enough to pay him his true market rate. 

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Interesting. I actually thought the opposite. The way he talked about "we have been building this thing since 2017" made me very much think in his head it kinda comes a crescendo this year and then it might be pastures new. But who knows? I think it remains a possibility that he is back. But he will HAVE to take a hometown discount. I don't think Beane is going to budge enough to pay him his true market rate. 

If we do do it this year, this off-season will be a reset opportunity as it is so hard to repeat and there will be so much good will. It is the perfect time to get a bit younger, reset the cap and retool 

21 hours ago, Limeaid said:

https://www.kaizen.com/what-is-kaizen

Good place to discuss with some beers.

http://www.kaizen-tavern.com

This is so McDermott. Good stuff

6 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Safeties don’t normally have huge markets in FA unless they are young franchise cornerstones like a minkah or Derwin type. I think he could draw a unique market from a team like the Giants, not only because of the familiarity with him from that regime bur just that he’s a culture guy, who has been a big part of turning a franchise around. I could see him getting more $ from a team like that but don’t think it will be a lot more. 

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Safeties don’t normally have huge markets in FA unless they are young franchise cornerstones like a minkah or Derwin type. I think he could draw a unique market from a team like the Giants, not only because of the familiarity with him from that regime bur just that he’s a culture guy, who has been a big part of turning a franchise around. I could see him getting more $ from a team like that but don’t think it will be a lot more. 

Maybe that is Brandon's plan. Let it play out until Combine time when the unofficial tampering period (as opposed to the official tampering period) begins. Let Jordan's agent test the market and hope they come back saying "yea wasn't what we expected, let's talk."

23 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yeah everyone says that too---yet few if any have offered some other data based counter to PFF's analyses.  

This outfit emphatically stated that Duck Dodgers > Josh Allen.  And here you are crapping on everyone who doubts their credibility,  What kind of data based counter would someone need to offer for you to believe that Allen might be able to hold a candle to Dodgers?  I’ll admit that I haven’t run any highfalutin numbers to come up with my conclusion yet I’m still confident that Allen is better than Duck.  You?

On 9/14/2022 at 1:58 PM, DrDawkinstein said:

Not sure he'll have the option.

It's likely that Poyer's best path forward (money-wise) will be to win the SB this year, and cash in on that resume highlight in Free Agency.

Even if he "earns" a $15M/year deal, I don't think Beane is willing to pay that much, at that position, at his age. And we know he (Rachel) wants to chase that money.

Daboll would sign him, just for leadership.  Rachel can make a ton of money in NYC and Environs.

• Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

agree- my uninformed and very simple take is if he wants to cash in he’s gotta go FA, if he wants to try for rings with this group he’ll leave money on the table. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.