Kelce rebus

Italian Bills

Everybody knows that stopping TK is the key in order to beat KC…. so why nobody knows how stop/limit him ? 

How is that head coaches, def coordinators, defensive players can’t have a plan to limit his yardage at 60/70 and not let him get almost every week over 100 yards ?

I really don’t get it, please help me to understand.

2 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

Everybody knows that stopping TK is the key in order to beat KC…. so why nobody knows how stop/limit him ? 

How is that head coaches, def coordinators, defensive players can’t have a plan to limit his yardage at 60/70 and not let him get almost every week over 100 yards ?

He has 6 1000 yard seasons in a row(and likely counting). No other TE in NFL history even has 4 total.

Don't you think if it was possible to stop him they would have figured it out?

The short answer is because he is too fast and athletic for a LB or most safeties to cover and too big for CBs to cover.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 4

5 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

Big, fast, smart, tough.

If you spend too much defensive capital trying to cover him with multiple players you leave huge chunks of field undefended, which is a very bad idea against Mahomes.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Big Turk said:

He has 6 1000 yard seasons in a row(and likely counting). No other TE in NFL history even has 4 total.

The short answer is because he is too fast and athletic for a LB or most safeties to cover and too big for CBs to cover.

And he has great hands and a great QB. He seems pretty fearless too.

8 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

So why did Kuup win the triple crown last year?  Why don't head coaches, def coordinators, defensive players can’t have a plan to limit his yardage?? Help me understand that one?

Better yet why don't you just start a thread like this:

Why don't head coaches, def coordinators, defensive players can’t have a plan to limit ________________ yardage

Then just fill in the blank.

1 minute ago, Big Turk said:

I understand your point but there’s not unstoppable player. I’m not saying to nullify him totally, but limit his yardage. 

What about doubling him with a LB and a CB ? I prefer free someone else and steal Kelce from the “duck” ‘s eyes. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, BullBuchanan said:

Why didn't we just stop Tom Brady for 20 years? It was incredibly obvious he was the key to the Pats dynasty, and yet our coaches didn't do anything about it.

To add to that, why didn't the rest of the NFL stop Brady? (Except for the New Jersey Giants in two Superbowls). 

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

I understand your point but there’s not unstoppable player. I’m not saying to nullify him totally, but limit his yardage. 

What about doubling him with a LB and a CB ? I prefer free someone else and steal Kelce from the “duck” ‘s eyes. 

He does get limited.  He only had 5 regular season games last year with over 80 yards.  Just b/c he put up a lot of yards yesterday doesn’t mean teams don’t game plan for him and limit his yards.

Just now, Italian Bills said:

In order to stop TB you have to get to him and in the pats dynasty it was pretty hard to reach him . 

Change TB's name with Kelce and there's your answer. He's the greatest TE in the history of the game and it's not close. He redefined the position the same way Tony Gonzales did before him.

20 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

Everyone knows that in order to beat Buffalo you need to stop Josh Allen.....

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Change TB's name with Kelce and there's your answer. He's the greatest TE in the history of the game and it's not close. He redefined the position the same way Tony Gonzales did before him.

Tony Gonzales and Gronk are ahead of Kelce… in my opinion. 

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sSpaceForce said:

i believe it may be a puzzle 

Kelce puzzle 

Exactly 😀

• Haha (+1) 2

I was watching a Bills-Dolphins game from the 90's and cringing every time Henry Jones was matched up against Keith Jackson.

My point is that I can't recall a time when the Bills had someone who could cover a quality TE. 

Might as well be as mythical as the Loch Ness Monster at this point.  So maybe this is why I'm happy to finally have a decent TE worth a 2nd contract

There are different things you can try or alternate to keep Kelce off balance. I'm just a guy who watches football, but having watched a lot of KC (with hatred in my heart), I can almost predict when they're going to go to him. I would mix things up, but on key down and distances (when it seems obvious theyre going to him), he has to be doubled. Jam him. Throw him off his router with help over the top. You will lose sometimes, but not every time. I mean, every third down and most of your goal to go situations, it is Kelce. Hit him on those plays. Bracket him on those plays and I think you have a solid start.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

There is actually a pretty easy and proven way to slow him down. You get a defensive end to line up wide and jam him hard at the line— don’t let him free release. A few teams have done this with him (saints come to mind) and it was shown to be very effective. 

I don’t know know why more teams don’t do this— I am assuming there is a significant downside (maybe taking away one of your pass rushers basically).

• Like (+1) 4
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, mykidsdad said:

There are different things you can try or alternate to keep Kelce off balance. I'm just a guy who watches football, but having watched a lot of KC (with hatred in my heart), I can almost predict when they're going to go to him. I would mix things up, but on key down and distances (when it seems obvious theyre going to him), he has to be doubled. Jam him. Throw him off his router with help over the top. You will lose sometimes, but not every time. I mean, every third down and most of your goal to go situations, it is Kelce. Hit him on those plays. Bracket him on those plays and I think you have a solid start.

Yep… most of their 3rd downs and goal situations, they go to him. Double him in those  situations for Christ sake ! I can’t stand KC, Mahomes and Kelce anymore !!!

When you see him in isolation camera, it’s like he’s running around pylons. Everyone is standing and he’s just running around and between defenders. Put a guy like Groot over his face and rough him up at the line then let a DB run with him. What else can you do?

2 minutes ago, Miyagi-Do Karate said:

There is actually a pretty easy and proven way to slow him down. You get a defensive end to line up wide and jam him hard at the line— don’t let him free release. A few teams have done this with him (saints come to mind) and it was shown to be very effective. 

I don’t know know why more teams don’t do this— I am assuming there is a significant downside (maybe taking away one of your pass rushers basically).

Another very good way to go, JAM HIM very hard at the line. Don’t let him get his route and speed. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

Chiefs scheme him open with misdirection, set-up plays, stacked routes, disguises, etc. and, more generally, his combo of size/speed/route running ability is challenging to harness over the course of drives.

14 minutes ago, Beast said:

Everyone knows that in order to beat Buffalo you need to stop Josh Allen.....

HEY! Don’t go giving away our secrets!

Boy, now it’s out…..I hope the Titans don’t read our board. I bet Belichick has an entire division working to find nuggets like this. 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, WotAGuy said:

When you see him in isolation camera, it’s like he’s running around pylons. Everyone is standing and he’s just running around and between defenders. Put a guy like Groot over his face and rough him up at the line then let a DB run with him. What else can you do?

Are you saying we should “give him the business” out there? 

This did not help…..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rebus

Edited by Augie
  • Haha (+1) 1

35 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

Have you considered that maybe that IS limiting his yardage?

5 minutes ago, Dr. Football said:

Why does he never get injured either? Just saying, pretty fortunate. TK is simply amazing! But I agree rush 4 and get pressure and Mahomes and TK will look human, easier said then done I know. 

Past performance does not guarantee future results, but that Rams game with 7 sacks and (virtually?) no blitzing is very encouraging. This is how they suck you in. That was just one very enjoyable game in a long, long season. 

40 minutes ago, Italian Bills said:

Bump him at the line with a LB, then have a big CB or safety cover?

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.