Call Your Shot - 21 players at draft and pick #25. Will one of the players be selected by the Bills?

buffaloboyinATL

Call your shot. Will the Bills first round pick be attending the draft in person?  

90 members have voted

1. 1. 21 attendees and we are pick 25. Will one of these players be selected by the Bills?

If you vote no, who will they show sitting at home, putting on his Bills cap?

Prospects set to attend 2022 NFL Draft

QB Malik Willis (Liberty)

QB Matt Corral (Ole Miss)

WR Garrett Wilson (Ohio State)

WR Jameson Williams (Alabama)

WR Drake London (USC)

WR Chris Olave (Ohio State)

OT Evan Neal (Alabama)

OT Ikem Ekwonu (NC State)

OT Charles Cross (Mississippi State)

OG Zion Johnson (Boston College)

DE Aidan Hutchinson (Michigan)

DE Kayvon Thibodeaux (Oregon)

DE Jermaine Johnson II (Florida State)

DE George Karlaftis (Purdue)

DT Jordan Davis (Georgia)

DT Devonte Wyatt (Georgia)

LB Devin Lloyd (Utah)

LB Nakobe Dean (George)

CB Ahmad "Sauce" Gardner (Cincinnati)

CB Kyler Gordon (Washington)

S Kyle Hamilton (Notre Dame)

Voted no. You can take out the QB's. Take out Zion, whom I don't believe we will draft in the 1st. Take out the 3 OT's who will surely be gone. Hutchinson, Thibs, Johnson, those three DE's gone. Gardner, Hamilton, gone. All four WR's, VERY likely gone. Jordan Davis will be gone. Devin Lloyd will be gone. Basically the only options there from that list are Gordon, Wyatt, Karlaftis, and Dean. I don't see us using a 1st on the DL unless Davis somehow falls to us. Gordon or Dean possibly, but I don't think so. 

• Agree 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I voted No the only ones that even remotely make sense are Zion Johnson and Kyler Gordon. Maybe Devonte Wyatt so the percentages heavily lean towards a No answer.  Jameson Williams is going top 10, Bills fans need to get that fantasy out of their heads. 

27 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

I voted No the only ones that even remotely make sense are Zion Johnson and Kyler Gordon. Maybe Devonte Wyatt so the percentages heavily lean towards a No answer.  Jameson Williams is going top 10, Bills fans need to get that fantasy out of their heads. 

People are also getting my hopes up that Lloyd will be available at 25.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, gonzo1105 said:

Exactly, that's why we are trading with the Giants for pick #7.   ;)

I’m gonna say no…I still think Jahan Dotson has an outside chance and I am buying into the running back idea. Too much smoke to ignore it. They have been tied to ettienne, they tried signing McKissic, and Beane has said many times it’s about protecting Allen. What better way to protect our best player than getting him a reliable guy to take carries off of him? I think they will find a way to make breece hall or walker a bill and I think it will be a trade down. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I’m gonna say no…I still think Jahan Dotson has an outside chance and I am buying into the running back idea. Too much smoke to ignore it. They have been tied to ettienne, they tried signing McKissic, and Beane has said many times it’s about protecting Allen. What better way to protect our best player than getting him a reliable guy to take carries off of him? I think they will find a way to make breece hall or walker a bill and I think it will be a trade down. 

Getting him better OL?

3 minutes ago, No_Matter_What said:

Getting him better OL?

I think the o-line is set for this year. They might take a guy they can groom this year, but maybe in 2 or 3.  I think if they can trade down and get a guy like Hall, this offense would go to a whole new level. 

I know a lot of you want to believe that this offense is set, but there are ways we can make it better. To me, it starts at running back.

My gut tells me that we're drafting CB Kyler Gordon (Washington).

1 hour ago, whorlnut said:

He's my second option if Gordon isn't there.

57 minutes ago, whorlnut said:

I think the o-line is set for this year. They might take a guy they can groom this year, but maybe in 2 or 3.  I think if they can trade down and get a guy like Hall, this offense would go to a whole new level. 

I know a lot of you want to believe that this offense is set, but there are ways we can make it better. To me, it starts at running back.

We need another WR… We have almost no depth on the outside. None if Stevenson and Hodgins do not pan out. I’d love to add a big, fast guy who can leap…..(Watson or one of the other WRs that fit the bill…of course, we have to pick the real WR out of the bunch.) A WR good enough to take the double off Diggs…. He stretches the D, He provides another look, He provides the all-important depth….

I will say we also need a lead RB as well…. And a OG, LOL, you gotta have that depth on the line if you are going places….

With those three, imho, Our O would. be unstoppable….

I have no idea what the defense is going to look like. We have Avon who is a very good player but no longer special. Ed is good but small. Settle should be at least OK but his ceiling is a question mark. Same with Jones. Our young DEs are also a big question mark….So, we have a ton riding on Beane’s new DL, imho….you need balance to win a Super Bowl…probably more than ever before with our super charged AFC featuring nine Super Bowl hopefuls (at least)… We have the same LBs which I would describe as “good”.

We have two elitely smart Safeties that are very good. We have our best player on the D in White coming back from injury and we have this draft….

I haven’t ruled out DL from this draft, but if we are going to support- CB, WR, RB and OG plus get a good prospect at LB and we need a punter and KR/PR….Looks like we don’t have the amo to upgrade a DL that already has 9 viable players… Groot, Settle, Ed, Von, AJ, Phillips, Jones, Boogie… And Shaq!  Who is going to surprise out of that group and stick out?

I will say this, if someone sticks out to them, they’ll draft another DL….

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, buffaloboyinATL said:

I have convinced myself that we are going to trade up for someone like Gardner or Williams, so I voted yes. I imagine Beane watching someone who is high are their board, slowly dropping down and him calling every team ahead of us, trying to find the sweet spot to trade to.

The Gardner yes, Williams , no.  I guess it also matters on what is given up and how far they have to move.

• Disagree 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

23 hours ago, H2o said:

Voted no. You can take out the QB's. Take out Zion, whom I don't believe we will draft in the 1st. Take out the 3 OT's who will surely be gone. Hutchinson, Thibs, Johnson, those three DE's gone. Gardner, Hamilton, gone. All four WR's, VERY likely gone. Jordan Davis will be gone. Devin Lloyd will be gone. Basically the only options there from that list are Gordon, Wyatt, Karlaftis, and Dean. I don't see us using a 1st on the DL unless Davis somehow falls to us. Gordon or Dean possibly, but I don't think so. 

I agree we probably won't draft Zion Johnson, but if he is available at 25 we should consider him.

The reason we probably won't take him is Brandon Beane made it clear he wants to use his 1st round pick on a "premier position".   Offensive guard / center would not be a premier position, in his eyes.

The case for drafting Zion is a) Rodger Saffold is a one year player.   b)  Zion is very good...and smart as hell.   He could be a guard or center for Josh for the next 10 years.  There is a lot of value in that. 

I don't know how Beane, and McDermott, feel about Kyler Gordon.  He seems like a fit, - wonder how McBeane feels about him.

• Agree 1

17 hours ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

It’s time to add nuclear firepower to the offense. WR & RB first two rounds

Do you feel our offense is lacking?

Josh and the Bills have one of the best offenses in the NFL.  (Sure it would be nice to put 50 points every single game...but I don't think we suck either)

PS If there was a dynamic, can't miss, running back in this class, I would love to draft him.   
Not sure how good Breece Hall is.....

I would be good with Ken Walker III at pick 57.

• Agree 1

The more I think about it, the more I believe it will be DB in the 1st, possibly being trade up if there's a run.  The hole at DB with Tre out is just too big and this is our Super Bowl window.  I know that we've made something out of nothing with DB's, but it's a passing league and we can't hope a later round guy pans out.  We need someone proven

• Agree 2

On 4/21/2022 at 9:49 AM, buffaloboyinATL said:

If you vote no, who will they show sitting at home, putting on his Bills cap?

Prospects set to attend 2022 NFL Draft

QB Malik Willis (Liberty)

QB Matt Corral (Ole Miss)

WR Garrett Wilson (Ohio State)

WR Jameson Williams (Alabama)

WR Drake London (USC)

WR Chris Olave (Ohio State)

OT Evan Neal (Alabama)

OT Ikem Ekwonu (NC State)

OT Charles Cross (Mississippi State)

OG Zion Johnson (Boston College)

DE Aidan Hutchinson (Michigan)

DE Kayvon Thibodeaux (Oregon)

DE Jermaine Johnson II (Florida State)

DE George Karlaftis (Purdue)

DT Jordan Davis (Georgia)

DT Devonte Wyatt (Georgia)

LB Devin Lloyd (Utah)

LB Nakobe Dean (George)

CB Ahmad "Sauce" Gardner (Cincinnati)

CB Kyler Gordon (Washington)

S Kyle Hamilton (Notre Dame)

We’re drafting Stingley Jr. In a trade up with Denver at #9 for #25, #89 and 2023 #1.  So to answer your question…no the player won’t be present.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Virgil said:

The more I think about it, the more I believe it will be DB in the 1st, possibly being trade up if there's a run.  The hole at DB with Tre out is just too big and this is our Super Bowl window.  I know that we've made something out of nothing with DB's, but it's a passing league and we can't hope a later round guy pans out.  We need someone proven

I expect 2 DB's and a WR in the first 3 rounds, I'm just not sure which order. (I'm trusting Beane to find the value) I am also not sure if it will be 2 corners, or a corner and a safety.

• Agree 1

I’m sure this was posted somewhere but it gives some more clarity based on percentages of the odds. it’s a few years old from 2015 but the stats are interesting.  In conclusion, 

Safest first-round picks: Safety, linebacker, interior offensive line

https://syndication.bleacherreport.com/amp/2441018-which-positions-are-the-safest-riskiest-at-the-top-of-the-nfl-draft.amp.html

Edited by Aurelius

8 hours ago, Virgil said:

I too believe there is a good chance it is DB in the first.

Although I don't subscribe to a "Super Bowl" window.   As long as Josh Allen is our quarterback, we are going to be a contender.  We are not losing any player in the next 2 years that will cause us to fell out of contention. (Assuming we are drafting wisely and always refreshing positions like CB, Safety, tight end, etc)

Go Bills.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.